Harvest Dreams
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeForum and Role Play RulesPortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

;;SHIP of DREAMS

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ballad Of The Fool
Admin
Admin
Ballad Of The Fool

Female Number of posts : 1691
Roleplay Name : Savannah Stark
Awards : ;;SHIP of DREAMS Balladdecmotm

;;SHIP of DREAMS Empty
PostSubject: ;;SHIP of DREAMS   ;;SHIP of DREAMS EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 10:14 pm

In every age, mankind attempts
To fabricate great works
at once magnificent
and impossible...

How did they build Titanic?
Near a thousand feet in length.
Huge beyond past endeavor
Strong beyond mortal strength
Forty-six thousand tons of Steel
Eleven Stories high!

There she is...
Towering high...
Broad and grand...
Ship of dreams!

Let all our children's children know
That this day long ago
We dreamt of them
and came aboard this ship!
For the maiden voyage!
For the maiden voyage!
Get us all aboard!

From your berth glide free!
As you plough the deep,
In your arms I'll keep.
Safely West
May you carry me

I want to be a Lady's Maid!
Lady's Maid in America
In America the streets are paved with gold

And the night was alive with a thousand voices
Fighting to be heard
And each and every one of them
Connected to me

Everyone is bursting with emotion
Dancing as we cross the mighty ocean
Hasn't it been absolutely great to dance
The latest rag!

Autumn
Shall we all meet in Autumn?
Golden and glowing by autumn
Shall we still be best of friends?
Best of friends...

No moon!
No wind!
Dear mother of God
Iceberg right ahead!

Strange and quite disorienting being here...
Recently awakened from a dream...
How the lights burn,
Every crystal bright as a star!

Tell them what Mr. Andrews?
That more than 1200 of them are going to be dead!
I think not sir! There would be general panic.
They would kill each other in order to survive.

Titanic - SOS.
Situation critical!
Come in Kalifornia!
Where are you old man?!

Thousands on board
Trusting and warm
Roused from their sleep
Sent up above
Unsinkable ship
What is she now?

And indicate how
Our unthinkable fate
Can be somehow denied
Somehow denied...

You and I are getting in the lifeboat
Father will be staying here a while
It will be like rowing in the serpentine
Come along now, Let us have a smile...

Little time remaining,
Final lifeboat
It must be lowered now.

I'll hold thee closely
As I say goodbye
And keep your image
In my memory's eye
And all this love of ours will soar
Come dawn or danger
We'll meet tomorrow
And have each other evermore
If tomorrow is not in store
Let this embracing
Replace forever
Keep us together
Evermore

No one else could play your role
Forever know my mind
True Companion of my soul
I won't turn from
You I learn from

Thousands on board
Each in his class
You are the master of all that must pass
Yours to set course
Yours to command
You hold our souls
In the palm of your hand

The ship will start to plunge beneath the surface
The water lapping at our feet
Down sinks the bow, up flies the stern
To the sky...
The panicked people in retreat

One moment the ship was there...
The next she was gone

Fare thee well
May the Lord who watches all
Watch over thee
May God's Heaven be your blanket
As you softly sleep...
Softly sleep...

Our task was to dream upon
And then create
A floating city!
A Human Metropolis...
A Complete Civilization!
Sleek and fast!
At once a poem
And the perfection of physical engineering

{.Plot.}
April 10, 1912
The day the grand ship, Titanic, sets sail on the mighty ocean for New York, United States of America. Two-thousand two hundred forty people boarded upon the massive liner for a new life from Southampton, Cherbourg, and Queenstown. What a beautifully built ship, it was. But unfortunately, we know of what happened to the poor ill-fated ship, but what happened on board the ship between the passengers? Of course, none of them knew of what fate held in store for all of them. It's their time to tell their stories of what was going on before the ship took it's final plunge into the freezing dark waters of the Atlantic.

{{Rules and such will be included in the next post!}}
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1145250/
Ballad Of The Fool
Admin
Admin
Ballad Of The Fool

;;SHIP of DREAMS Empty
PostSubject: Re: ;;SHIP of DREAMS   ;;SHIP of DREAMS EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 10:18 pm

{Rules}

+Even genders
+Romance encouraged.
+PLEASE. NOT EVERYONE CAN BE IN THIRD OR FIRST.
Second class needs a little love too.
+There is no guarantee you'll live the entire way of this roleplay. Like,
You'll like for the most of it. But you may wind up dying.
So suck it up and take it like a man if you die.
+Auditions will be held.
+PLEASE. No one-liners. I'll allow one every now and then because
People do have their off days. But please refrain from one-liners,
Or I'll kick your face it. Thanks. Lulz.

{Audition Requirements}
Include the necessities. {Ex: Name, age, class, biography, etc.}
You must keep the character according to this time. Being 1912, no high-tech items.
At least two-three paragraphs, please.
If you cannot think of anything for your character (Which I highly doubt will happen);
You can always pick from this list of the actual people aboard the ship:
http://www.euronet.nl/users/keesree/listpas.htm
Just let me know if you do pick someone from that list.

{.First Class.}
James Ismay ~ Ballad

{.Second Class.}
Anne Hart ~ Eternal Silence

{.Third Class.}

Happy Role-playing. Smile

Last edited by Ballad Of The Fool on Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Eternal Silence
Admin
Admin
Eternal Silence

Female Number of posts : 6205
Roleplay Name : Arden Auiban
Awards : ;;SHIP of DREAMS Esaward

;;SHIP of DREAMS Empty
PostSubject: Re: ;;SHIP of DREAMS   ;;SHIP of DREAMS EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 11:13 pm

17-year-old orphan Anne Hart, American native, had grown up in a small seaside village. She loved the ocean; she considered the waves one of life’s greatest joys. Her father never approved of her intrepid affair with the water, since even the layers of swimwear that girls were required to wear seemed scandalous and revealing for a young girl. So Anne watched the water from a wistful distance—instead of swimming in the ocean, she stitched images of cresting waves onto samplers.

An only child, Anne was required to do the majority of chores around her parent’s farm. Not much changed after her parents died in an automobile accident (ironic in the sense that the Harts didn’t own a vehicle, but all it took was one moron who had consumed one too many beers at the local pub to take their lives one evening); the only difference was a change of scenery. Anne went to go live with her father’s sister, Elizabeth, who was as free-spirited as her brother was uptight. For a special treat, Elizabeth bought a second-class ticket for Anne aboard the Titanic on her 17th birthday, only saying, “Most girls will never have an opportunity to explore the world so grandly. Make the most of your opportunities and your life, because before you know it, it’ll be gone.”
Back to top Go down
http://undertheorangetree.deviantart.com/
Ballad Of The Fool
Admin
Admin
Ballad Of The Fool

;;SHIP of DREAMS Empty
PostSubject: Re: ;;SHIP of DREAMS   ;;SHIP of DREAMS EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 11:40 pm

The automobile had stopped moving and the sounds of rushing people, both wanting to see everyone off and wanting to just see who was going to be on the ship, began to penetrate the inside of the car as the door slowly opened. As the male extended his long legs out, he was blasted with a whirlwind of the cool, salty sea breeze. This air felt so much more cleaner and just overall better than what he was normal put with in the Harland & Wolfe’s shipyard where the Titanic was built. He spent so many long days there, standing along side of the Thomas Andrews, making sure that nothing were to go wrong, or his father would surely ring his neck. But he highly doubted that his father would do that to his eldest twenty-one year old son.

“James! Stop gawking. You’ve seen the ship plenty of times before.” His father called out to him. For all of you wondering who James was; that was him. His name was James R. Ismay, and yes; he was the son of the famous J. Bruce Ismay, founder of the White Star Line and the owner of the vast amounts of ships, thus including the brand new addition to his collection; Titanic. James merely nodded, sliding his hand through his hair with a soft smile. This was going to be the first time that his father aloud him to accompany him on the maiden voyage of the ship. Using the reason saying, “I helped Mr. Andrews build this ship. I only want to make sure nothing goes wrong.” His father caved, of course.

After having to instruct to his manservant on where to put his and his father’s belongings, James would just follow his father to the bridge where he was to meet the captain, like he had quite a few times before. He spoke his greetings to all of the officers and to Mr. Andrews, who seemed to be pleased to have him along for this journey.

“I see you’ve finally let your son come along with us for the trip.” Thomas spoke, chuckling softly as he let go of James’s hand. His father laughed,

“I decided it would be a good time for him to learn a little from me now, since he will be taking my place in the White Star Line company when I retire.” He smiled, lightly patting his son on the back. James smiled weakly, while he nodded. ‘I wanted out of Southampton and from the stuck up girl mother wanted me to marry.’ He innocently thought.

“Well, it’s good to have you aboard then, son.” Captain Edward spoke, holding his hands behind his back. James nodded to him as well.

“It’s good to be aboard.”
Back to top Go down
Red Riding Hood
Sprite
Sprite
Red Riding Hood

Female Number of posts : 2119
Roleplay Name : Blue

;;SHIP of DREAMS Empty
PostSubject: Re: ;;SHIP of DREAMS   ;;SHIP of DREAMS EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 4:40 am

"Fear not, young maiden" said the prince; "I will protect you."
"Oh! My hero!" The princess cried, as the mighty prince drew his sword and charged towards towards the horrid dragon keeping her prisoner.

"Susannah. Susannah! Put down the dolls. We're here."
Yanked back to reality by her mother, the six-year old grumpily looked up from her dolls and out the window. They were indeed there. And Susannah hated it already.

Susannah Carrington hated the water, and everything to do with it. She always did everything she could to avoid it, and usually screaming and crying worked. However, she didn't have a choice today. Her mother had made her decision, and her Father could never do anything against the woman's will.

As the car stopped, she slowly opened the door.
"Your ticket, dear." Her mother cooed, lodging the ticket in Susannah's dainty hands. The girl pouted, and folded her free arm against her waist.
"Don't do that, darling. We're going to go on a lovely, prestigious ship. And your father got us second class tickets, too." Her mother gushed, smiling horridly at her father.

"I hate this place." She spat, earning a mortified look from her mother.
Back to top Go down
Eternal Silence
Admin
Admin
Eternal Silence

Female Number of posts : 6205
Roleplay Name : Arden Auiban
Awards : ;;SHIP of DREAMS Esaward

;;SHIP of DREAMS Empty
PostSubject: Re: ;;SHIP of DREAMS   ;;SHIP of DREAMS EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 12:56 pm

The bitterly cold wind whipped through her hair as she stepped out of the automobile her aunt had borrowed for the occasion. Legs cramped after sitting still for nearly seven hours, Anne streched her long arms up towards the grey sky. Elizabeth Harlow joined Anne, two meager bags in hand. Standing side-by-side, aunt and niece could've easily been mistaken for twins, or at least sisters, with their dewy skin, pale blue eyes, rosy mouths, petite, thin frames, and pin-straight, flaxen hair. Throwing a smile at each other, the pair turned slowly to face the metal monster that was resting in the not-so-quiet harbor.

"Oh, Anne," her aunt breathed, awed. Anne just blinked. Instead of excitement, she felt...unworthy. She broke her glance away from the world-renowned boat, which she was to board momentarily, to look at her soon-to-be travelmates. Polished socialites tumbled out of car after car, waving their houseservants carrying expensive luggage along, before greeting the masses of other wealthy passengers. Pursing her lips, Anne looked down at her two thin "carpetbags" and exhaled slowly.

"What am I doing here?" she muttered to herself, looking back at the Titanic. Her heart squeezed. "Maybe we should just go back," she said to her aunt, starting to reopen the car door.

"Anne. Hon. You deserve to be here just as much as any of those people up there," Elizabeth smiled gently, waving her slender hand up at the deck, where masses of passsengers were already crowding. With one last tearful hug, Elizabeth took a good look at her neice, to whom she had grown so close, and said, "Go get 'em, Princess."

Anne nodded slowly, and then with more conviction. Tightening her grip on the bags, she started to walk-rather numbly- towards the boat.

"Bye!" she yelled back to her aunt, blinking back tears of her own, as she boarded.
Back to top Go down
http://undertheorangetree.deviantart.com/
Ballad Of The Fool
Admin
Admin
Ballad Of The Fool

;;SHIP of DREAMS Empty
PostSubject: Re: ;;SHIP of DREAMS   ;;SHIP of DREAMS EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 1:30 am

{{Hm. Everyone else who would like to join can join in along the way. (: }}

"James! It's time for us to set sail!" His father smiled, patting his son on the back. They walked from the bridge, leaving the officers, the captain, and Mr. Andrews still chatting away. James looked over the edge towards all of the people waving like mad to their family and friends. He sighed lightly, wanting to reach up and wave like one of them. But, he only lifted his arm so slightly not to cause any scene, he began to wave to no one. His father gave him a look of curiosity. "Who are you waving to?" He asked, as if whispering some sort of secret.

"No one." James smiled. Bruce dropped his head slightly and sighed, James just chuckled at his actions. "Let them think there is someone here to see us off. No one has to know." James quietly spoke. Bruce rolled his eyes. He placed his hand upon his shoulder,

"James, be serious for once." He told him, his tone becoming a little bit firm. James cocked a brow towards him. Bruce was silent for a moment, "Just think," He began, taking his hand from his shoulder and placed it on the railing, facing the crowd of people. "All of this will be yours one day." He told him. "So you should begin getting used to the sea-faring ways." He continued. "I'll be on the bridge." He told him, before leaving James in silence for a moment as the brunette just continued to stare out into the crowd of people, the turning his attention towards the vast horizon.

"We'll be in America." He muttered ever so softly. There were shouts and orders being yelled to and from the bridge of the ship, they were just about ready to set sail into the open ocean. James only stood there, watching the horizon.

As soon as the ship began moving, there were even louder calls going back and forth from the normal civilians on shore and off-shore. They were all so mushed together, James could barely make out a sound coming from anyone. He just stuffed his hands into his pockets, smiling down at the people. This ought to be some trip. With a final sigh of relief, James made his way back into the bridge, listening to the conversation being held between his father and Thomas Andrews. He would quietly join in as they began to pull away from the docking area.

Growing a little bored of their conversations of future plans, which he still would wind up speaking with Mr. Andrews in the future about everything they had in mind for the new ships they were to build. He told them he would be going to the Grand Salon, which right now, was really only being used for the first class people but maybe there could have been a quick glimpse of a second class passenger in that room, since there were no officers at their posts just yet. They let him go with ease and he would just go to the salon with pure ease and completely casual as if he was just your everyday person, maybe even in second class. But by the way he was dressed, it was obvious he was a member of the first class.

With a small notebook in hand, he quietly stood up against the wall by the beautifully hand-crafted clock, jotting down notes on how to improve little knick-knacks and such.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

;;SHIP of DREAMS Empty
PostSubject: Re: ;;SHIP of DREAMS   ;;SHIP of DREAMS Empty

Back to top Go down

;;SHIP of DREAMS
Page 1 of 1