Harvest Dreams
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeForum and Role Play RulesPortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

How did you choose your username?

Go down 
+14
polarbear92345
SabertoothOcelot
Gmoguy
MoNkEy!!
Red Riding Hood
Kritten
justice
Rosette
35bell
Aiyo
Sanaka*~
afsangel
gothica800
Eternal Silence
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Eternal Silence
Admin
Admin
Eternal Silence

Female Number of posts : 6205
Roleplay Name : Arden Auiban
Awards : How did you choose your username? - Page 2 Esaward

How did you choose your username? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How did you choose your username?   How did you choose your username? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 4:05 pm

Red Riding Hood wrote:
Wasn't the Ring around the Rosie thingy... About the plague?
Mothers would sing it to thier children before going out, warning them of the Bubonic Plague, AKA, 'The Black Death'.
'Ring Around the Rosie' meaning something like... Spots, I think.
'A pocket full of Posie'... I can't remember that one...
'A tissue, a tissue', would be tissues for runny noses and stuff.
'And we all fall down', meaning... We all fall down. DEAD. :B

XD I know this story.

Ring around the rosie--- The plague would leave pockmarks on your skin, and there would be a ring around it. Kinda like ringworm, but grosser. And deadly.

Pocket full of posies---
I've heard two variations for this one: 1. Posies (a flower) kept the plague away or 2. Posies would diguise the smell of your rotting skin.

Ashes, ashes--- There wasn't any more room to bury people, so everyone (peasants, mostly....wealthy people were buried in a more civilized manner) was cremated. The ashes from the crematorium were everywhere.

We all fall down---
yeah. This one's not hard to figure out. Death.
Back to top Go down
http://undertheorangetree.deviantart.com/
Aiyo
Hero
Hero
Aiyo

Male Number of posts : 2710
Roleplay Name : Aliegha Fraan
Awards : How did you choose your username? - Page 2 Hdbadge

PostSubject: Re: How did you choose your username?   How did you choose your username? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 4:34 pm

You know.. xD a majority of nursery rhymes... have... like bad meanings? xD Well o.o not bad! but.. i can't find a word for it! lol

(I'm not gonna say the meanings XDDD.... unless I get a o.k) xD

Like:
London Bridges is falling down.
Humpty Dumpty
Jack and Jill
Hush little baby don't say a word

>.<';;
Back to top Go down
http://canaharu-kun.deviantart.com/
SabertoothOcelot
Farmer
Farmer
SabertoothOcelot

Female Number of posts : 304

PostSubject: Re: How did you choose your username?   How did you choose your username? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 6:06 pm

i know the london bridge story but thats cause im brittish do share it with us =]
Back to top Go down
Aiyo
Hero
Hero
Aiyo

Male Number of posts : 2710
Roleplay Name : Aliegha Fraan
Awards : How did you choose your username? - Page 2 Hdbadge

PostSubject: Re: How did you choose your username?   How did you choose your username? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 6:16 pm

The Wooden Bridge
The 'London Bridge is falling down' Nursery Rhyme is based on the one of the most famous landmarks in London. It's history can be traced to the Roman occupation of England in the first century. The first London Bridge was made of wood and clay and was fortified or re-built with the various materials mentioned in the children's nursery rhyme. Many disasters struck the bridges - Viking invaders destroyed the bridge in the 1000's which led to a fortified design, complete with a drawbridge. Building materials changed due to the many fires that broke out on the bridge.
The Stone Bridge
The first stone bridge was designed by Peter de Colechurch and built in 1176 and took 33 years to build and featured twenty arches the dimensions of which were sixty feet high and thirty feet wide and was complete with tower and gates. The flow of the Thames under the bridge was used to turn water wheels below the arches for grinding grain. By the 1300's the bridge contained 140 shops, some of which were more than three stories high. ( The reference to Silver and Gold in the rhyme relates to the trading which was conducted on the bridge). London Bridge survived the Great Fire of London in 1666 but its arches and foundations were weakened. (Buildings with thatched roofs were banned in London following the Great Fire of 1666 and this ban was only lifted with the construction of the New Globe Theater in 1994 - the following website is highly recommended for further details of the Globe william-shakespeare.info
The Modern Re-builds!
In the 1820s a new London Bridge was built on another site, north of the old one. This new bridge opened in 1831 and the old bridge was demolished. In the 1960s yet another London Bridge was built. The London Bridge of 1831 was transported, stone by stone, to Lake Havasu in Arizona, USA.
NB There is another Nursery Rhyme called 'London bridge is broken down' - its origins relate to Queen Anne Boleyn - fascinating! And for other surprising revelations about Executions, Torturers and Lord Mayors check out London Bells a Nursery Rhyme containing the original lyrics to Oranges and Lemons!

=======================

Jack and Jill story - The French (history) connection!
The roots of the story, or poem, of Jack and Jill are in France. Jack and Jill referred to are said to be King Louis XVI - Jack -who was beheaded (lost his crown) followed by his Queen Marie Antoinette - Jill - (who came tumbling after). The words and lyrics to the Jack and Jill poem were made more acceptable as a story for children by providing a happy ending! The actual beheadings occurred in during the Reign of Terror in 1793. The first publication date for the lyrics of Jack and Jill rhyme is 1795 - which ties-in with the history and origins. The Jack and Jill poem is also known as Jack and Gill - the mis-spelling of Gill is not uncommon in nursery rhymes as they are usually passed from generation to generation by word of mouth.

Note i didn't type this XD...lol

The humpty dumpty one i'm not saying D8 Its mean.......

and for Hush little baby. *shrugs* like o.o i dunno
Back to top Go down
http://canaharu-kun.deviantart.com/
artygamer
Farmer
Farmer
artygamer

Female Number of posts : 585
Roleplay Name : Soph
2nd rp name:Leon

PostSubject: Re: How did you choose your username?   How did you choose your username? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 7:16 pm

....I like art and gaming-hence artygamer. My friend made me an e-buddy account and my username is artysoph. I just used 'gamer' on this 'cus I like to keep my name out of stuff (it's too popular!!!!)

Last edited by artygamer on Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
clairexcliff
Hero
Hero
clairexcliff

Male Number of posts : 4687
Roleplay Name : Amando
2nd char:Roan

Awards : How did you choose your username? - Page 2 Cliffnov

PostSubject: Re: How did you choose your username?   How did you choose your username? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 4:48 am

my username is quite simple as it looks..

just the name of my fave pairing in hm..
Back to top Go down
polarbear92345
Farmer
Farmer
polarbear92345

Female Number of posts : 988
Roleplay Name : victoria or almond

PostSubject: Re: How did you choose your username?   How did you choose your username? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 7:42 pm

yea yours is easy
Back to top Go down
clairexcliff
Hero
Hero
clairexcliff

PostSubject: Re: How did you choose your username?   How did you choose your username? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 05, 2009 5:23 am

i can't think of any..but i love the clairexcliff couple so..
Back to top Go down
Natt77
Sprite
Sprite
Natt77

Female Number of posts : 1635
Roleplay Name : Natt

PostSubject: Re: How did you choose your username?   How did you choose your username? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 05, 2009 4:08 pm

i don't know how my sister chose her's
Back to top Go down
Ballad Of The Fool
Admin
Admin
Ballad Of The Fool

Female Number of posts : 1691
Roleplay Name : Savannah Stark
Awards : How did you choose your username? - Page 2 Balladdecmotm

PostSubject: Re: How did you choose your username?   How did you choose your username? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 05, 2009 4:35 pm

Let's see if I can remember this; Ballad of the Fool.

I love the Beatles. <3 (Plus I signed up the night {I THINK?} that I came from my trip to Ohio and the Rock And Roll Hall of Fame)
So "Ballad of" came from the song title "Ballad of John and Yoko." I liked the music and the way it sounded {And John Lennon is one of my heroes.}. :3
"Fool" came from my favorite Beatles song, "Fool on the Hill." It reminded me a lot of Gustafa, who was and still is my favorite HM character, right next to Griffin.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1145250/
Natt77
Sprite
Sprite
Natt77

Female Number of posts : 1635
Roleplay Name : Natt

PostSubject: Re: How did you choose your username?   How did you choose your username? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 05, 2009 4:47 pm

Ballad Of The Fool wrote:
Let's see if I can remember this; Ballad of the Fool.

I love the Beatles. <3 (Plus I signed up the night {I THINK?} that I came from my trip to Ohio and the Rock And Roll Hall of Fame)
So "Ballad of" came from the song title "Ballad of John and Yoko." I liked the music and the way it sounded {And John Lennon is one of my heroes.}. :3
"Fool" came from my favorite Beatles song, "Fool on the Hill." It reminded me a lot of Gustafa, who was and still is my favorite HM character, right next to Griffin.

is that why you used them in your fanfic?
Back to top Go down
Ballad Of The Fool
Admin
Admin
Ballad Of The Fool

Female Number of posts : 1691
Roleplay Name : Savannah Stark
Awards : How did you choose your username? - Page 2 Balladdecmotm

PostSubject: Re: How did you choose your username?   How did you choose your username? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 05, 2009 4:54 pm

Ehh. Not really.
They were just a bit of under-loved characters so I figured, "Why not?"
Gustafa was always my favorite from the beginning when I got AnWL. XD
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1145250/
clairexcliff
Hero
Hero
clairexcliff

PostSubject: Re: How did you choose your username?   How did you choose your username? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 8:57 am

Ballad Of The Fool wrote:
Ehh. Not really.
They were just a bit of under-loved characters so I figured, "Why not?"
Gustafa was always my favorite from the beginning when I got AnWL. XD

a great choice!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How did you choose your username?   How did you choose your username? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

How did you choose your username?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2