Harvest Dreams
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeForum and Role Play RulesPortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Golden Compass {Private.}

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ballad Of The Fool
Admin
Admin
Ballad Of The Fool

Female Number of posts : 1691
Roleplay Name : Savannah Stark
Awards : The Golden Compass {Private.} Balladdecmotm

The Golden Compass {Private.} Empty
PostSubject: The Golden Compass {Private.}   The Golden Compass {Private.} EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 3:41 pm

There are many universes; there are many Earths, parallel to each other. Worlds like yours, where people’s souls live inside of their bodies. And worlds like mine, where they walk beside us, as animal spirits we call ‘daemons’. So many worlds, but connecting them all is ‘Dust.’ Dust was here before the Witches of the air, the Gyptians of the water, and the Bears of the ice. In my world, scholars invented an alethiometer - a golden compass - and it showed them all that was hidden. But the ruling power, fearing any truth but their own, destroyed these devices and forbade the very mention of Dust. One compass remains, however, and only one who can read it.

But this one person has been captured and brought to the far north and it is up to us to save this person in order to save the rest of the worlds. You. Me. And the others. We must save her before the Magisiterium separates the reader from their daemon and never be able to spread the truth over the Magisiterium’s lies. We must act quickly. Go now!

{{So do you want to make a profile or just begin? }}
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1145250/
Eternal Silence
Admin
Admin
Eternal Silence

Female Number of posts : 6205
Roleplay Name : Arden Auiban
Awards : The Golden Compass {Private.} Esaward

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Compass {Private.}   The Golden Compass {Private.} EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 3:46 pm

Eh, I'll make a profile. ^^ I love making 'em. Plus, it's a good prolouge to actually getting started. Basic stuff, like name, age, appearance, right? Or anything special I should add?
Back to top Go down
http://undertheorangetree.deviantart.com/
Ballad Of The Fool
Admin
Admin
Ballad Of The Fool

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Compass {Private.}   The Golden Compass {Private.} EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 3:49 pm

Hahah, yeah. Good point.
But asides from that stuff, like your daemon and her name. Do you have any special job or anything like that. ^^
Back to top Go down
Eternal Silence
Admin
Admin
Eternal Silence

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Compass {Private.}   The Golden Compass {Private.} EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 3:51 pm

Hmm. I think I get it, but would you mind making either your own profile or an example of one, just so I can get a better grip of it? Once I see someone else's, I'm usually pretty good to set my own up. ;]
Back to top Go down
afsangel
Special Member
Special Member
afsangel

Female Number of posts : 6693
Roleplay Name : Kazumi Martin

Awards : The Golden Compass {Private.} Afsangelaward-4

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Compass {Private.}   The Golden Compass {Private.} EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 4:01 pm

what's a private creative RP?
Back to top Go down
Eternal Silence
Admin
Admin
Eternal Silence

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Compass {Private.}   The Golden Compass {Private.} EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 4:04 pm

It's a one-on-one for me and Ballad. Like a "reserved" topic in the HM worlds. ^^ We discussed it over PMs, and decided to do a private RP. That means auditions are closed.
Back to top Go down
Ballad Of The Fool
Admin
Admin
Ballad Of The Fool

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Compass {Private.}   The Golden Compass {Private.} EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 4:26 pm

{What is your name?}
My name is Lucia Scoresby.

{How old are you?}
Twenty-five years young.

{What is your daemon?}
A Bengal Tiger, his name is Fidelis.

{What do you look like?}
I may have a short height at about five feet two inches. My hair is long and dark brown. I usually keep it in a braid, though it usually will fall out again. My eyes are a vibrant shade of green. People have thought me to be some sort of military/Magisiterium officials due to the types of clothing I wear. {Kind of like my avatar, but darker colors instead of white.}

{Do you already have an occupation?}
I am an Aeronaut.

{Are you with or against the Magisiterium?}
Against, though I don’t really put my input for them because I don’t really want to get involved.

{{Hmm. I think that would be a good enough profile. I suppose. XD; }}
Back to top Go down
Eternal Silence
Admin
Admin
Eternal Silence

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Compass {Private.}   The Golden Compass {Private.} EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 4:36 pm

{What is your name?}
Daniel Ryderbeck

{How old are you?}
29 years old. ((Age is but a number.))

{What is your daemon?}
A grey wolf, whose name is Perseu.

{What do you look like?}
I am on the tall side of the height spectrum, reaching about 5 feet, 11 inches. My hair is pale blonde, reaching just below the nape of my neck and my eyes are hazel, with a deep ring of green around the pupils. My choice of clothing is whatever I can fashion in a hurry, or salvage. I don't have much time for fashion; versatility and function is much more important to me.

{Do you already have an occupation?}
Not exactly, unless you consider "wandering" an occupation.

{Are you with or against the Magisiterium?}
Avidly against. I don't care who glares at me as I preach about their evils; the truth must be known.
Back to top Go down
Ballad Of The Fool
Admin
Admin
Ballad Of The Fool

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Compass {Private.}   The Golden Compass {Private.} EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 12:01 am

“Have you come to realize how dangerous this actually is?” A male voice rang out through the crowd of people as a woman and a large tiger pushed through the people; or at least the sound was completely clear to the woman.

“Of course I have, Fidelis.” She smiled, as if this was the easiest task in the world, “When is it not dangerous to meet with the Lord in Jordan?” She chuckled weakly. “And besides, he sent me a letter to meet with him. It’s not like he has some sort of army waiting for me. And really, what could I have done wrong? Nothing so stop being so… You know what I am thinking.” She merely replied.

“And what are you thinking, Lucia?” Fidelis questioned her, as if trying to be sarcastic.

Lucia paused, thinking, “You know.” The tiger let out a soft chuckle as they both turned a sharp corner. Still, the college was no where to be found. “Maybe we took a wrong turn.” Lucia mumbled to herself, lightly touching her chin with her index finger as she examined the area.
Back to top Go down
Eternal Silence
Admin
Admin
Eternal Silence

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Compass {Private.}   The Golden Compass {Private.} EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 2:15 pm

"Where is your voice, boy?" Perseu nudged him with his snout, as Daniel shoved his hands into his pockets and continued walking.

"I'm thinking, Perseu. Annoy me later."

"Ah, but there is no time for deep thoughts!" The wolf shook his head in a pitying way, as if Daniel could never understand the intensity and importance of the situation at hand. But he did understand; more than he wanted to, in fact.

"Rushing into a situation--a situation that is already dangerous---without thinking it through is beyond foolish," Daniel said, looking down at the wolf, who was treading the ground noiselessly...except for his mouth.

He came upon the girl just as he was about to turn around and go back. "You there!" he called out, seeing the expression on the girl's face. "Are you lost?" Perseu assumed his most intimidating stance (which Daniel actually thought quite humorous, seeing as he had been with the wolf since he was a pup and knew that Perseu was about as dangerous as indigestion) and bared his teeth.

"Down, boy," Daniel said, amused.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Compass {Private.}   The Golden Compass {Private.} Empty

Back to top Go down

The Golden Compass {Private.}
Page 1 of 1