Harvest Dreams
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeForum and Role Play RulesPortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

One Piece

Go down 
+2
afsangel
Rosette
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Rosette
Admin
Admin
Rosette

Female Number of posts : 1904
Roleplay Name : Venus
Awards : One Piece Hdbadge

One Piece Empty
PostSubject: One Piece   One Piece EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 7:26 pm

It's ranked as one of my top few anime that I enjoy. I know there's a lot of "it's too childish" but I'm wondering who else actually reads or watches the series as well? The main aspect I love about this series is how close a crew can trust and rely on each other (to a point), and their adventures are fun and I can't expect wht happens next. Then I love their humour after I got passed the "art style" which turns people off the first time they hear of this anime. The beginning is very childish, but I got into it when I started watching on episode 40 or so.

EDIT: The plot and story later on in the anime gets less childish, and focuses on some real life issues. More bloodiness is involved and there's an arc that focuses a little bit on religion where a lot of it was "tweaked" in the English version.

Last edited by Rosette on Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://http:harvestdreams.net
afsangel
Special Member
Special Member
afsangel

Female Number of posts : 6693
Roleplay Name : Kazumi Martin

Awards : One Piece Afsangelaward-4

One Piece Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Piece   One Piece EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 7:28 pm

i know that Smile haven't watched it in a while♥ and i know what you mean by 'childish' and 'the anime style' but it is a good seris. Wink loofy was my favoite i loved him. he funny boy♥

Last edited by afsangel on Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Eternal Silence
Admin
Admin
Eternal Silence

Female Number of posts : 6205
Roleplay Name : Arden Auiban
Awards : One Piece Esaward

One Piece Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Piece   One Piece EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 7:28 pm

I watched a few episodes of it on Cartoon Network. It was kinda funny, but I never really got into it. I may check it out sometime this summer, though.
Back to top Go down
http://undertheorangetree.deviantart.com/
Kritten
Admin
Admin
Kritten

Female Number of posts : 8780
Roleplay Name : Kitty Kitz
Awards : One Piece Badge

One Piece Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Piece   One Piece EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 8:40 pm

I loved it, but Cartoon Network was mean and took it off. I loved the opening too. Brings back good memories for me. If only Cartoon Network wouldn't be stupid anymore and put the good shows back on.
Back to top Go down
afsangel
Special Member
Special Member
afsangel

Female Number of posts : 6693
Roleplay Name : Kazumi Martin

Awards : One Piece Afsangelaward-4

One Piece Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Piece   One Piece EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 8:44 pm

it was so werid! they had these american voice actors for a while, then the amercian voice actors compltely changed!!! i was like "what the heck!?"
Back to top Go down
justice
Farmer
Farmer
justice

Male Number of posts : 593
Roleplay Name : Ronan Justice

One Piece Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Piece   One Piece EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 8:54 pm

The theme of the series got more bloodier and serious as it went on, then with "God" in Sky Island. 4kids used to have the rights to ONe Piece here, and they can't continue the series editing out all the blood and making the story more childish than it really is. There are some times that Zoro is dyin but they took out all his blood and broken bones, or his struggles.

4kids gave up the rights to Funimation. Funimation hired their own set of voice actors, and are keepin everythin as original as possible, except some names liscenced and some religious things. They are leavin most of the blood in too.

If u are religious, u might find some things offensive.

If you saw Sky Island this is in the original Japanese in my own words, cuz i dont know exactly what they said.
Spoiler:

And this is what they did in the English.
Spoiler:

This is one reason why 4kids can't keep dubbing one piece anymore because One Piece is rly not For Kids in America.

Last edited by justice on Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
*~*HeartsWings*~*
Fledging Farmer
Fledging Farmer
*~*HeartsWings*~*

Female Number of posts : 139
Roleplay Name : Nikkei

One Piece Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Piece   One Piece EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 3:19 am

Ah, i watched one piece too^.^
I'm mad at 4kids....i mean c'mon the fights-they erased all the bruises and such
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

One Piece Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Piece   One Piece Empty

Back to top Go down

One Piece
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Harvest Dreams :: Others :: Anime/Manga-
Jump to: