Harvest Dreams
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeForum and Role Play RulesPortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

what exactly is 'moe'?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
afsangel
Special Member
Special Member
afsangel

Female Number of posts : 6693
Roleplay Name : Kazumi Martin

Awards : what exactly is 'moe'? Afsangelaward-4

what exactly is 'moe'? Empty
PostSubject: what exactly is 'moe'?   what exactly is 'moe'? EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 6:54 pm

i know it's some japenese term, and it's been used in a couple diffrent anime's and manga's. but i've never been able to figured out what it means. i've googled it too. T^T i'm the type of person who needs things explained to her, and likes to have examples used. thus, anything other than that confuses me. (confessions of a teenage blonde. even though i'm a brunnette)
Back to top Go down
Aiyo
Hero
Hero
Aiyo

Male Number of posts : 2710
Roleplay Name : Aliegha Fraan
Awards : what exactly is 'moe'? Hdbadge

what exactly is 'moe'? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what exactly is 'moe'?   what exactly is 'moe'? EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 2:12 am

Ah.. Moe...

Both Anime Network and Wikipedia's Definition,

But Moe... its kind of hard to explain, it depends how you see it as. There are actually a lot of different meanings of Moe.

Anime Network:
Moe is a Japanese term used in connection with manga or anime to describe something precious, usually (but not always) the ideal of youthful and innocent femininity. Written with the kanji for "to bud or sprout" (萌), the concept covers a range of ideal behaviour for youthful female characters in manga or anime. To be moe, a character can be eager or perky, not overly independent, and call forth a desire in the viewer to protect them and nurture them. The term is also used to describe any preciously cute item; there is an animal mascot character store in Tokyo called Moe.

Wiki:
Moe (萌え?, pronounced [mo.e], literally "budding", as with a plant) is a Japanese slang word originally referring to a strong interest in particular types of character in video games or anime and manga. For example, 眼鏡っ娘萌え, meganekko-moe, "glasses-girl moe", describes a person who is attracted to fictional characters with eyeglasses. "Moe!" is also used within anime fandom as an interjection referring to a character the speaker considers to be a moekko. It is even used in some anime, such as Ouran High School Host Club, Ai Kora, Lucky Star, Kaichou-wa Maid-sama!, The Melancholy Of Haruhi Suzumiya and K-ON. There are various interpretations of what moe is today. Joseph L. Dela Pena argues that moe is a pure, protective feeling towards a character[1],
Back to top Go down
http://canaharu-kun.deviantart.com/

what exactly is 'moe'?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Harvest Dreams :: Others :: Anime/Manga-
Jump to: