Harvest Dreams
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeForum and Role Play RulesPortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Do any of you have issues with this?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
afsangel
Special Member
Special Member
afsangel

Female Number of posts : 6693
Roleplay Name : Kazumi Martin

Awards : Do any of you have issues with this? Afsangelaward-4

Do any of you have issues with this? Empty
PostSubject: Do any of you have issues with this?   Do any of you have issues with this? EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 10:21 pm

ok, so my friend showed me this picture she made today using chibis. The only thing was, it was the exact same way i make my chibis. I mensioned to her "hey, that's the exact same way i made mine, they look exatly alike!" but she replied. "no they don't, i only copied the face and the body" (she copied the eyes though, too) and i really don't want her copying me. Kinda makes me feel violated, y'know? Today at lunch i asked her to not do that and she just rolled her eyes. I seriously don't know what to do. I don't think i want to show her my pictures anymore if she's going to get ideas like that. I guess it kinda felt like she took what was mine and claimed it as herown. after all, we all have our own style of drawing. and that one was mine Sad Has that ever happend to you?
Back to top Go down
Eternal Silence
Admin
Admin
Eternal Silence

Female Number of posts : 6205
Roleplay Name : Arden Auiban
Awards : Do any of you have issues with this? Esaward

PostSubject: Re: Do any of you have issues with this?   Do any of you have issues with this? EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 10:39 pm

Chibis are a tricky thing sometimes. There are different ways to do them, for sure, but I find that a lot of them end up looking like the ones my friends draw. Just tell her how you feel instead of being mad at her without explaining why. Maybe show her a couple of different styles. If she doesn't have one of her own, it's very possible that she likes drawing chibi, but doesn't know where to start, so she uses yours as kind of a starting block.
Back to top Go down
http://undertheorangetree.deviantart.com/
afsangel
Special Member
Special Member
afsangel

PostSubject: Re: Do any of you have issues with this?   Do any of you have issues with this? EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 10:48 pm

i'm not angry at her, just upset. and when i tried to tell her i wasn't yelling. *sigh* she's been drawing a long time, too. and although she's good, she says she wants to be as good as me, hence the copying. she's just......y'know.
Back to top Go down
Kritten
Admin
Admin
Kritten

Female Number of posts : 8780
Roleplay Name : Kitty Kitz
Awards : Do any of you have issues with this? Badge

PostSubject: Re: Do any of you have issues with this?   Do any of you have issues with this? EmptyThu Jan 21, 2010 12:42 am

I wouldn't show her. People keep trying to copy my homework, but then I suddenly stop and hide it from them. In a way, her copying is cheating. I'd watch out for her if she rolled her eyes like that and was being snappy too. Edgy behavior like that isn't good. (It's a way of showing disrespect, people shouldn't treat you that way.)

Don't accuse things from her point blank too, it gets messy then. Be rational and calm and things should clear out. Try not to be sarcastic too. When she said only the face and body you could of replied, "What makes up a face and body? That is weird, I thought the face and body included eyes, ears, arms, fingers, cheeks, lips, ect., don't they?" Thinking about what you say is very important in these kind of issues.
Back to top Go down
stephxluke
Farmer
Farmer
stephxluke

Female Number of posts : 804
Roleplay Name : Alex Addison Camp
Awards : Do any of you have issues with this? Stephxlukenov

PostSubject: Re: Do any of you have issues with this?   Do any of you have issues with this? EmptyThu Jan 21, 2010 2:16 am

I agree with ES and Kitty. Although, was this the first time she attempted at drawing chibis? If so, she might have been just using yours as a model to get better. My friend taught me how to draw anime style and for awhile, she would show me her drawing and I would ask to trace it until I got better.

But, if she's claiming it as her own, then you should talk to her about it. Just confront her and tell her how you feel, without sounding irritated or annoyed with her. And if she still continues to copy you, then maybe you should not show her your chibis for awhile. Then she can learn on her own.

Annnnnd, if that doesn't work. Try emailing her a "how to draw chibis" video from Mark Crilley on YouTube, or just casually bring up the subject. She could take a look at it and learn from that. I dunno- just some suggestions. I'm sorry that happened...
Back to top Go down
afsangel
Special Member
Special Member
afsangel

PostSubject: Re: Do any of you have issues with this?   Do any of you have issues with this? EmptyThu Jan 21, 2010 8:14 pm

@ kitty: wow, you sound as ticked off as i'm supposed to be. Like i said before. i did not yell at her or get snappy. I know you guys are trying to help, and thanx so much, but it kinda irritates me when people jump to conclutions like "she was automatically frantic and yelling at this girl"

@ steph-no, it's not her first time. she's been drawing for a long time, however she didn't start drawing anime till i showed her some of my pics i think in '08 or '09. And like i said before, i did confront her ith it, and she just rolled her eyes and looked away like i was spouting nonscense.
Back to top Go down
Eternal Silence
Admin
Admin
Eternal Silence

Female Number of posts : 6205
Roleplay Name : Arden Auiban
Awards : Do any of you have issues with this? Esaward

PostSubject: Re: Do any of you have issues with this?   Do any of you have issues with this? EmptyThu Jan 21, 2010 8:49 pm

:/ I think Kitty's reaction was perfectly calm, actually. She's just trying to help. It wasn't judgmental of your friend or saying "OMG! What a horrible thing to do! You shouldn't stand for that!" It sounded more to me like "This is what I would've done." You did ask for our opinions, after all...

But that's just my two cents.
Back to top Go down
http://undertheorangetree.deviantart.com/
afsangel
Special Member
Special Member
afsangel

PostSubject: Re: Do any of you have issues with this?   Do any of you have issues with this? EmptyThu Jan 21, 2010 9:20 pm

a lot can be missed in things like e-mails or texts or posts. Such has emotions and expression. To me, she sounded kind of ticked off. It all depends on how you interpret it. that's why you gotta be careful. still, they way she made it sound, you'd think i'd blow a fuse right at the point i didn't like something. :/ which i do, sometimes. We all do, but i guess when kitty said that I kinda felt like i was being treated as if i hand't a clue how to act around people. which i'm sure wasn't her intesnion.
Back to top Go down
Ballad Of The Fool
Admin
Admin
Ballad Of The Fool

Female Number of posts : 1691
Roleplay Name : Savannah Stark
Awards : Do any of you have issues with this? Balladdecmotm

PostSubject: Re: Do any of you have issues with this?   Do any of you have issues with this? EmptyThu Jan 21, 2010 10:20 pm

I agree with the others. But as my mother used to tell me whenever my younger brother would copy me and everything I did, she would tell me that "copying is the greatest form of flattery." I understand that this is a bit of a different situation. She may be copying you as a way of say, "I want my art to be just like yours because I like it so much."

But if she does start claiming it as her own, that she did it first, then just talk to her about it. (:
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1145250/
Kritten
Admin
Admin
Kritten

Female Number of posts : 8780
Roleplay Name : Kitty Kitz
Awards : Do any of you have issues with this? Badge

PostSubject: Re: Do any of you have issues with this?   Do any of you have issues with this? EmptyThu Jan 21, 2010 10:56 pm

"no they don't, i only copied the face and the body" is a type of snappy reply in my book and rolling eyes equals snappy and edgy to me too. I was just warning you to watch her behavior towards you. (Can you point out where I sound 'ticked off?' I'm curious now.)

Yep, it wasn't my intention at all. Just trying to give the best advice I've got for these issues, ya know? Sometimes to explain things I need to resort to the basics. To understand the difficult things using basics helps a lot instead of sounding confusing.

Practice what you preach too. If you want your friend to admit and apologize for something you've got to too. Don't pass on the blame to others or make excuses. Otherwise both of you won't be happy.
Back to top Go down
afsangel
Special Member
Special Member
afsangel

PostSubject: Re: Do any of you have issues with this?   Do any of you have issues with this? EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 3:10 pm

thanx guys <D

@kitty: the part that sounded angry was more the second paragraph than the first XD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do any of you have issues with this?   Do any of you have issues with this? Empty

Back to top Go down

Do any of you have issues with this?
Page 1 of 1