Harvest Dreams
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeForum and Role Play RulesPortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

There's a downside to the beach.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Eternal Silence
Admin
Admin
Eternal Silence

Female Number of posts : 6205
Roleplay Name : Arden Auiban
Awards : There's a downside to the beach. Esaward

There's a downside to the beach. Empty
PostSubject: There's a downside to the beach.   There's a downside to the beach. EmptyWed May 12, 2010 1:33 pm

Now, don't get me wrong. I'm a Florida girl through-and-through. I live ten minutes away from the coast and it's practically my second home.

That being said, if you've ever gotten bitten by sea lice, you know how miserable it is.

Sea lice are actually immature jellyfish larvae, and the bites are actually miniscule stings. Instead of hurting or stinging, though, these things ITCH. It's ten times worse than mosquito bites. Your bathing suit acts like a net and keeps the little buggers trapped close to your skin and you can get "bitten" almost EVERYWHERE.

I have tons and tons of little red bumps on my left arm after going to the beach with some of my friends on Mother's Day, and now I'm sick with a fever and fluish symptoms. I don't know if my friend's little sister gave me a cold or virus or something, or if I had a mild reaction to the stings, or if I got mono from my brother. All three would suck.

So, yeah. Not all roses and daisies by the sand and surf.
Back to top Go down
http://undertheorangetree.deviantart.com/
Kritten
Admin
Admin
Kritten

Female Number of posts : 8780
Roleplay Name : Kitty Kitz
Awards : There's a downside to the beach. Badge

PostSubject: Re: There's a downside to the beach.   There's a downside to the beach. EmptyWed May 12, 2010 9:26 pm

At least you didn't grow up allergic to mosquito bites. I hate getting blisters from them...

The first important thing I need to say is: DON'T DIE! D:
Back to top Go down
Oig
Farmer
Farmer
Oig

Male Number of posts : 219
Roleplay Name : Kyle

PostSubject: Re: There's a downside to the beach.   There's a downside to the beach. EmptySun May 16, 2010 12:09 pm

I've gotten those before. They suck. Have you ever gotten them on your back? That's the worst. You can't reach to scratch them. It's torture.
Back to top Go down
afsangel
Special Member
Special Member
afsangel

Female Number of posts : 6693
Roleplay Name : Kazumi Martin

Awards : There's a downside to the beach. Afsangelaward-4

PostSubject: Re: There's a downside to the beach.   There's a downside to the beach. EmptySun May 16, 2010 12:13 pm

um, OW! That's never happend to me before. (but i don't live where there are jellyfish gangs) However, I've always wanted to poke a washed up jellyfish with a stick.....no joke. Although when i get my chance, I'll probably shy away becuase the thing is DEAD and that's GROSS.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: There's a downside to the beach.   There's a downside to the beach. Empty

Back to top Go down

There's a downside to the beach.
Page 1 of 1