Harvest Dreams
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeForum and Role Play RulesPortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Evermore? (by Alyson Noel)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
stephxluke
Farmer
Farmer
stephxluke

Female Number of posts : 804
Roleplay Name : Alex Addison Camp
Awards : Evermore? (by Alyson Noel) Stephxlukenov

Evermore? (by Alyson Noel) Empty
PostSubject: Evermore? (by Alyson Noel)   Evermore? (by Alyson Noel) EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 4:42 am

Not sure if there is a topic for this yet... I don't think so and I checked all the pages! If I missed it I'm sorry!!!

Anyway, its one of the most bizarre books I've ever read. It's about immortality and stuff like that. I don't know... It's not like Maximum Ride, which I loved and which held my attention for hours on end, but its a pretty decent read! The only thing that bugs me about it is that it's written in present tense. For some reason, stories with past tense are easier for me to read. So like "said" instead of "say" is easier for me. I dunno, I'm weird! >.<

Has anyone ever read it? I like Damen Auguste, even though I cringe whenever I hear him get compared to Edward Cullen. Alas, they are similar. And Ever is a balance between a Bella (twilight) and a Max (maximum ride), which I like because she's not so head strong but shes also not a complete wimp like Bella.

Umm, I wouldn't suggest this book for young readers. Themes and langueg in general--F bomb dropped a few times and some...uh, "themes" if you catch my drift. Apparently, this is a series called the "immortals" and I have yet to pick up the 2nd book.

I'd give it a 3/5 stars. Lots of romance, which is a plus for me, but it is also very, very strange. I guess you have to be into all the "aura colors" and stuff like that to really understand it.
Back to top Go down
afsangel
Special Member
Special Member
afsangel

Female Number of posts : 6693
Roleplay Name : Kazumi Martin

Awards : Evermore? (by Alyson Noel) Afsangelaward-4

PostSubject: Re: Evermore? (by Alyson Noel)   Evermore? (by Alyson Noel) EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 10:28 am

I already made a topic about this.
Back to top Go down
Eternal Silence
Admin
Admin
Eternal Silence

Female Number of posts : 6205
Roleplay Name : Arden Auiban
Awards : Evermore? (by Alyson Noel) Esaward

PostSubject: Re: Evermore? (by Alyson Noel)   Evermore? (by Alyson Noel) EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 12:58 pm

Link to Kazu's thread.

I finished this book, and honestly, it was kind of boring. YA Books are hit-or-miss, for me anyways. :/ I honestly feel that the whole "we're not Twilight but we're superawesome anyways because we're supernatural. (But not with sparkly vampires)!" thing is getting kind of old. It's been going on...pretty much ever since Twilight came out. With or without vampires.

I'm not a big fan of present tense, either. It feels more like a story to me if it's in past tense for some reason. Like you're retelling rather than experiencing. I don't know; it's hard to explain. xD
Back to top Go down
http://undertheorangetree.deviantart.com/
stephxluke
Farmer
Farmer
stephxluke

Female Number of posts : 804
Roleplay Name : Alex Addison Camp
Awards : Evermore? (by Alyson Noel) Stephxlukenov

PostSubject: Re: Evermore? (by Alyson Noel)   Evermore? (by Alyson Noel) EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 10:17 pm

Sorry Kazu! I could've sworn I looked through all the pages in the thread... *facepalm*

@ ES: I didn't really think of it as boring, maybe because I'm more into romance/drama stuff than action stuff--which is why I'm so addicted to reading fanfiction because there is hardly ever action and a lot of drama/romance.

And I get what your talking about with the present and past tense. It's confusing, but it's hard to explain. But I get what you mean Very Happy

And I was reading your post Kazu, with the list of dislikes and whatnot. I guess I've gotten used to some bad langueg so it wasn't a huge deal for me. Except the F bombs... And as for sex before marriage, I strongly dislike because of personal beliefs and stuff like that. Homosexuality? I'm not homophobic. Do I think it's wrong? Yes. But I am not here to judge so I sort of just passed over that part. Good thing Miles isn't the main character! Demons/darkness? Guess I didn't think about it really...

Twilight?! Ugh! And yes, I did catch some twilight-like themes to that story. However, Ever isn't like Bella so that made me want to continue reading. Plus, it has a big enough difference from Twilight that I'm going to continue reading the series. And I still like Damen Auguste *mutters embarresdly* And I love that name, I'd never heard it before. (all I've heard of was Damian/Damien used as a name before)
Back to top Go down
afsangel
Special Member
Special Member
afsangel

PostSubject: Re: Evermore? (by Alyson Noel)   Evermore? (by Alyson Noel) EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 10:23 pm

I have never actually met and befriended >>Odd Chef<< people before, but if i ever do, i don't plan to turn them away. I just don't support it. But as soon as I read the almost-sex scene, I returned the book right back to my friend. And I agree with Alyssa, it is getting very old. That's why I go and read historical fiction. It's ncie, it's cool, it has nothing to do with vampires, immortality, or dead-end romance (Well, I guess that depends on what the book is, but you get my drift).

And I honestly see no harm in compairing the two books. True, Ever isn't like Bella, But i comapired them in the first palce becuase of the fact they're both supernatural books and have a smiliar plot in the whole "fallinginlovewithasuperhothotguy." thing. And finding your "Twu Wuv." as Alyssa would put it. Although Twilight was worse about that, I'm not sure about Evermore so I'll keep my mouth shut there. There's also the immortatliy, which ever girl who fell for a superhotinhumanguy would gladly give up. SERIOUSLY!? In general, i'm just getting tierd of all the supernatural books going around. I'm going back to my manga,mystery,romance, ghost, and historical fiction books DX
Classics don't hold my attention for long, so i'm sorry to say i've never actually read one. Plus, i don't know how to speak in poems or old english yet, so I haven't a clue what people are saying.
Back to top Go down
Eternal Silence
Admin
Admin
Eternal Silence

Female Number of posts : 6205
Roleplay Name : Arden Auiban
Awards : Evermore? (by Alyson Noel) Esaward

PostSubject: Re: Evermore? (by Alyson Noel)   Evermore? (by Alyson Noel) EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 11:40 pm

We can sit here all day and talk about personal beliefs. Whether you agree with the themes or not may, in fact, impact how you feel about a certain book - but there's certain things that simply cannot be discussed without getting heated or offending some people, because strong beliefs are just that - strong. So let's just avoid that. Very Happy No point in feelings getting hurt here.

I don't dabble very much in Young Adults books anymore. They're kind of annoying. A typical YA author seems to think that we're stupid and will go along with whatever they say - if they say the protagonist is beautiful, smart, and popular, then it is so. When that's rarely the actual case.

Which is why I'm starting to get more interested in either adult fiction or classic novels. Much better use of my time. . And of course, there are many good YA authors who are worth reading. In my personal experience, however, you have to sort through a lot of garbage to get to the good stuff.

Kazu, have you seen the manga series "Emma?" It's about a British maid and an upper-class man who fall in love. It's historical, but it's pretty good. I think you may enjoy it.
Back to top Go down
http://undertheorangetree.deviantart.com/
afsangel
Special Member
Special Member
afsangel

PostSubject: Re: Evermore? (by Alyson Noel)   Evermore? (by Alyson Noel) EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 12:52 am

Sorry bout that. Next time I wanna rant about a book, i'll PM you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Evermore? (by Alyson Noel)   Evermore? (by Alyson Noel) Empty

Back to top Go down

Evermore? (by Alyson Noel)
Page 1 of 1