Harvest Dreams
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeForum and Role Play RulesPortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

I wanna learn something new

Go down 
5 posters

What instrument to play?
Guitar cause you're gonna look like a rockstar! XD
I wanna learn something new Vote_lcap40%I wanna learn something new Vote_rcap
 40% [ 2 ]
Piano,it's cool!
I wanna learn something new Vote_lcap20%I wanna learn something new Vote_rcap
 20% [ 1 ]
Violin cause it's romantic <3
I wanna learn something new Vote_lcap40%I wanna learn something new Vote_rcap
 40% [ 2 ]
Flute cause it's the first you feel passion to
I wanna learn something new Vote_lcap0%I wanna learn something new Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
none
 0% [ 0 ]
all
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
clairexcliff
Hero
Hero
clairexcliff

Male Number of posts : 4687
Roleplay Name : Amando
2nd char:Roan

Awards : I wanna learn something new Cliffnov

I wanna learn something new Empty
PostSubject: I wanna learn something new   I wanna learn something new EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 10:23 am

I'm getting bored and I want to learn something cool..
so,I'm a fan of music mostly country and pop.so this is what I thought about
I want to learn to play instruments even just one.
but I can't decide which one should I learn.
Well,I admire Taylor Swift..so maybe guitar?but it's very common.
Piano?well..I think it's hard but I always wanted to play "a thousand miles" on piano
Violin?I like watching people play it.it feels romantic.but seems complicated
Flute?when I was a child.I always admire the broken flute on our house and pretend to play it.but it seems impossible

sp,guys ..what do you think?
Back to top Go down
Kritten
Admin
Admin
Kritten

Female Number of posts : 8780
Roleplay Name : Kitty Kitz
Awards : I wanna learn something new Badge

PostSubject: Re: I wanna learn something new   I wanna learn something new EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 9:18 pm

Well, learning an instrament is a great thing--I've always been told the best thing to start with is the piano. Since alot is covered with it, it makes learning other instraments easier. (This is what I understand hearing from friends who play tons of instraments, I don't play any--I used to play the trumpet though and I taught myself a bit of piano.)
Back to top Go down
AlisaElric0150
Sprite
Sprite
AlisaElric0150

Female Number of posts : 1848

PostSubject: Re: I wanna learn something new   I wanna learn something new EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 9:39 pm

I play piano and flute and I can tell you this for sure. Both are very hard. They take detication and time but they are a lot of fun to play.

Guitar and violen, I don't play so I can't tell you a lot about them but...

Guitar - Guitar is used for bands and what not, whihc you should know. Like piano, it's used to start a lot of compositions. I know this from an awesome friend(Love ya ____~ XD) that it can give you major head aches because of amplified song and what not but if you're going to learn an instrument, I do recommend guitar(seeing as i want to learn it too and I have a really keen ear for music). It can play a very good tune and I'm guessing it's less expensice than... Let's say a piano.

Piano - Piano fit's a lot of romantic/slow/somewhat fast songs. It really can play any kind of tempo but like the ones there, they sound better to me. Concidering I play piano, I know that it takes a lot of practice. With a lot of work, it becomes fun to 'compose' your own songs with it, which I find a lot start out with.

Flute - When you've practiced and can play "The Tempest", which I have, you can play a lot of songs. The flute takes a lot of breath which can make you woosy but if you sing a lot, which I do, you will be able to play it with more simplicity than others, unless they've had years of practice. The notes are the same as piano so, it would be easy if you play both.

Violen - ... I'll get back to you, sorry. XD

So I suggest the guitar or piano but any one is fine I think. I'd love to hear you play something when you choose and start.
Back to top Go down
http://nightroweliteacademy.canadian-forum.com/
35bell
35bell

Female Number of posts : 5158
Roleplay Name : Genna Song

Awards : I wanna learn something new Bellnov

PostSubject: Re: I wanna learn something new   I wanna learn something new EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 10:31 pm

The flute is not impossible ^^ I play it myself and it took me awhile to get a good sound out. It takes a long time to get a good comforting sound out of the flute. It takes a lot of breath but don't breath too hard! Also the fingering is hard at first but your fingers will eventually get used to it. Plus I do not sing and I can play the flute without getting woozy >.> Maybe thats just me.

But I think of you as a person who plays a guitar C:
But you can choose whatever! Listen to your heart!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/35bell
clairexcliff
Hero
Hero
clairexcliff

PostSubject: Re: I wanna learn something new   I wanna learn something new EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 3:38 am

thanks guys.but my heart can't decide.haha

I'm starting to think of violin or flute.haha
Back to top Go down
Gigglegirlforever
Fledging Farmer
Fledging Farmer
Gigglegirlforever

Female Number of posts : 148
Roleplay Name : Riss Lucas

PostSubject: Re: I wanna learn something new   I wanna learn something new EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 1:48 pm

wow! You gonna learn an instrument?! THATS SO COOL!!!
I suggest Violin =)

...But if thats too hard (since I heard it takes months to learn 1 cord or something like that...) I would suggest Piano or guitar, since they are alot easier (or atleast the piano was for me...I couldn't keep up with the guitar...).

But you can do whatever you want Smile
Back to top Go down
AlisaElric0150
Sprite
Sprite
AlisaElric0150

PostSubject: Re: I wanna learn something new   I wanna learn something new EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 7:47 pm

@Belly: Oh yeah, playing the flute without singing can be easy. I just mean if you have sung for so many years and start playing the flute out of nowhere, it would seem easier than starting with never singing.

Oh, just a tip. If you're going to play flute, try playing in a place like your room. Then keep all animals out of there, because of sensitive hearing, as well as if you have a pet out of a cage, leave your door open so it can get away if it wants to.

Play sitting. If you feel woosy, hold the flute in rest position, hold it in both hands vertically or horizontally depending with your fingers off of the keys, and place your head inbetween your knees. You'll feel better after. Plus play somewhere soft. If you start to feel woosy, stop right there. If you don't, you can pass out.
Back to top Go down
clairexcliff
Hero
Hero
clairexcliff

PostSubject: Re: I wanna learn something new   I wanna learn something new EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 12:31 pm

Well..I just need to find someone who can teach me.haha
Back to top Go down
AlisaElric0150
Sprite
Sprite
AlisaElric0150

PostSubject: Re: I wanna learn something new   I wanna learn something new EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 1:27 pm

Amando, I can say this from experience.

You can have a great teacher wherever you go but the best person to teach you is you. I've found that just by fiddling with an instrument helps you learn a lot, just knowing how it works and what sounds it makes. It may take longer for other people to 'train' themselves but with that, you will progress faster. I think so at least.
Back to top Go down
clairexcliff
Hero
Hero
clairexcliff

PostSubject: Re: I wanna learn something new   I wanna learn something new EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 8:58 am

Well..to tell you truth.I don't have any clues about music like chords and almost anything.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I wanna learn something new   I wanna learn something new Empty

Back to top Go down

I wanna learn something new
Page 1 of 1