Harvest Dreams
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeForum and Role Play RulesPortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

You Don't Know Me [Black Heart-Gabe and Harlow]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kritten
Admin
Admin
Kritten

Female Number of posts : 8780
Roleplay Name : Kitty Kitz
Awards : You Don't Know Me [Black Heart-Gabe and Harlow] Badge

You Don't Know Me [Black Heart-Gabe and Harlow] Empty
PostSubject: You Don't Know Me [Black Heart-Gabe and Harlow]   You Don't Know Me [Black Heart-Gabe and Harlow] EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 5:07 am

Three years had passed since Gabriel set up his small rustic clinic in this town. Now he was thinking of closing it and owning the hospital in Forget-Me-Not Valley. Nothing was binding him to this place so moving wouldn't be an issue at all. There was nothing to hold him back here. That wasn't certainly a good thing, surely it would help the confused man to decide instead of smoking away his lungs.

Gabe looked at the little cigarrette that was between his fingers. With the gentle movement it rolled between his index and middle fingers. Then he brought it up and inserted it between his lips, pulled it out, and blew a puff of smoke into the summer heat.

Life was getting boring for him here to be honest. Yes--he had made a best friend, another doctor with red hair, that he enjoyed hanging out with a regualr basis. That friend was in the town over. He might have developed a small crush on a girl too, but she was now long gone. Just moved away without really saying anything to Gabe. It was good that she moved before he got too emotionally involved. His divorce may have happened years ago, but it wasn't right for him to allow himself to try falling in love again. He didn't deserve it.

So there he sat on a bench near the edge of town. Occasionly a person would walk by and he'd say hello, but nothing else. He wasn't really a person that'd go up to someone and start a conversation out of the blue. On the otherhand at least he would take notice of anyone's presence though. Must be something he picked up from being a doctor or something.
Back to top Go down
Harlow
Harlow

Female Number of posts : 8

PostSubject: Re: You Don't Know Me [Black Heart-Gabe and Harlow]   You Don't Know Me [Black Heart-Gabe and Harlow] EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 2:20 pm

Wandering was just something she did, with no set town, place, nor city in mind. Harlow'd ended up in some of the weirdest places, admittedly, by doing this, and yet today was no different. Kicking up sand on the old dirt road she was currently following, she coughed as some found place inside of her lungs. Squinting her eyes, she looked up, brushing the tendrils of fiery red hair from obstructing her view. The sun was high set in the sky and from her perch atop of a bit of a hill - mountain, whatever you wanted to call it although she doubted it qualified for such a name - she could see a lazy town just waking up.

So she'd hit another village like town in her useless travels. Low's lips twitched and she fought back the urge to smile widely. Maybe this one would finally be the one she decided to settle on down in. Not likely, unless she met some very interesting people hanging around up in there, but she supposed she could dream, couldn't she? Stuffing her hands in her pockets, she looked down and continued her early morning journey.

She hadn't walked for yet fifteen minutes when she hit the outskirts of the town, beginnings of civilization forming around her in the form of a lazy man smoking up a storm on a worn out looking bench. Although he did not look it, she could tell by the white coat shrugged around his shoulders he must have been a doctor. Not practicing what he preached by filling his lungs with toxins, then, she supposed, and finally smiled, an ironic smile, for the first time that day.

"Would you mind sharing a smoke?"
Back to top Go down
Kritten
Admin
Admin
Kritten

PostSubject: Re: You Don't Know Me [Black Heart-Gabe and Harlow]   You Don't Know Me [Black Heart-Gabe and Harlow] EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 6:51 pm

A woman of all people decided to engage Gabriel in conversation. It was odd for no one really ever wanted to hang out with a doctor that smoked. He looked too up tight for the smokers and too much of a bum for most people who frowned upon the act of smoking. He was the perfect example of a strange juxaposition, a weird message of irony.

Anyway, the woman with her short red hair proceeded to ask him for a smoke. An unusual request for most people here came for the clean air, not to pollute it like himself. "Uh... sure," he said taking out his pack and offering a cigarrette to the woman. Gabriel was never too stingy about giving away his cigarrettes. It wasn't exactly hard for him to buy them because his doctor's income could handle the pricy cost.

He reached down into his large coat pocket to grab his lighter. It wasn't anything special--not made out of sterling silver or with any nice accents on it. Just a plain black lighter that anyone could buy for a few bucks. Being a doctor he could have afforded a nicer one, but he was too frugal when it came to things like that. "Here," he offered his lighter for the woman to use. "I haven't seen you around town--I take it your new here."
Back to top Go down
Harlow
Harlow

PostSubject: Re: You Don't Know Me [Black Heart-Gabe and Harlow]   You Don't Know Me [Black Heart-Gabe and Harlow] EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 7:15 pm

Harlow's lips twitched at his almost astonished reactment to her query. That alone told her not many people attempted to engage this man in witty banter, heck, a conversation, even. Was he too uptight? Was he too lazy? Was he was he was he? There were so many reasons for his odd reaction to her sudden question, but she couldn't care to think about any of them as she slid her fingers loosely around the rolled tobacco offered to her. Harlow hadn't had a smoke in days, too cheap to buy a pack from any convenient store she'd passed and too lazy to bum one from a cashier or two.

"Not menthol," She murmured, swiftly extracting the lighter from the doctor's grip and lighting up her own cigarette, "but it'll do." Harlow took a long, slow drag before tossing the lighter back into the doctor's lap. With a lazy wink towards the man she took a seat beside him on the bench, and proceeded to pollute the air with her dirty smoke and most likely soon to be dirty words and sly innuendos.

"Yeah, I guess you could say I'm new here." Harlow answered his question after the lengthy silence in between it, "More like I took a wrong turn and winded up here. Or a right one, whichever way you want to look at it." Low toyed with the cigarette in her hand, absentmindedly taking it in for another drag before lazily throwing the butt onto the ground. She didn't bother to stomp it; it'd go out eventually.

"I'm Harlow." She finally stated, "Nice to meet you, Doc."
Back to top Go down
Kritten
Admin
Admin
Kritten

PostSubject: Re: You Don't Know Me [Black Heart-Gabe and Harlow]   You Don't Know Me [Black Heart-Gabe and Harlow] EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 9:29 pm

At first the woman seemed dissapointed by his cigarrettes. Menthol was what Gabriel thought she said. He understood why she might like them better, it gave them a minty taste that he really didn't care for. There were even flavor ones, but he looked down on them. To Gabe the best was non-menthol in king style.

The woman still took the cigarette and lit it, almost immediatly tossing the lighter back to Gabe. He shoved the lighter back into his pockets as the woman sat next to him. There then was a moment of silence between the two. Gabriel would have been happy for it to stay that way, but it was rather nice to have a conversation with someone new. After awhile people just seemed to run out of things to say.

"I know the wrong turn thing," Gabriel commented. His marriage was long over and he was a dissapointment as a father, if you could call him father that is. Most of the time he wasn't even home to the point his son didn't ever recongize his face. How could a man be recongized as a parent if his own son didn't see him as a father? "That's how I ended up here myself."

Gabe was already partially envious of Harlow. She had a carefree presence and seemed to be here because of just wandering. Unlike her Gabriel retreated here from his old life. "Gabriel. Most people call me Gabe though," he said finishing up his own cigarrette. He flicked it to the ground and stomped it out.

"So what brought a girl like you all the way out to nowhere?" he asked the cliché question. Her awnser didn't really matter to him, he was only looking for something to engage in for once.
Back to top Go down
Harlow
Harlow

PostSubject: Re: You Don't Know Me [Black Heart-Gabe and Harlow]   You Don't Know Me [Black Heart-Gabe and Harlow] EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 5:44 pm

A wrong turn and he ended up a small town's doctor. Harlow hid a small smile and placed her elbows atop of her knees before leaning down and placing her chin in her hands. She listened to him talk, without interrupting nor making some sort of odd and unsavoury comment, which was quite uncommon of herself, but she didn't know. Low was in a pretty good mood today; she'd let the man speak. And then he announced his name as Gabriel .. or Gabe. She'd most likely call him Gabriel. Nicknames were for suckers; never mind the many she had, some flattering and others anything but.

"What brought me here?" Harlow echoed his question, before throwing her head back and laughing herself hoarse. She grinned, an infectious grin infamous for its undertones, and winked at him before answering, "Well, I'd like to say it was some sort of divine fate that led me here, but truthfully it wasn't. I'm just a girl with nowhere in mind and everywhere to go. This town just happens to be one of my many destinations." And then she smiled.

"But hey," She continued, lacing her slender fingers together and looking up at the sky, the sun already shining bright with only a few wispy clouds to obscure its glory, "maybe this could be the town I'll fall in love with, you know? But I really doubt it." Low sent him another one of her winks and leaned back into the bench, "I just go where the wind takes me. Like a .. like something that goes where the wind takes it, I don't know." She glanced at him through her peripheral vision.

"And what's a guy like you hanging out here in this lazy place? You seem more of a polluted, big city type of person, like I used to be."
Back to top Go down
Kritten
Admin
Admin
Kritten

PostSubject: Re: You Don't Know Me [Black Heart-Gabe and Harlow]   You Don't Know Me [Black Heart-Gabe and Harlow] EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 1:50 am

Harlow patiently listened to Gabriel's rambling. He found that rather nice for she looked like the person who would get bored easily with words. To him he might not have said much, but that was his personal opinion. To her he might have needed to learn how to shut up.

At first Gabriel wasn't quite sure what to make from the woman's reaction to his boring question. One thing was certain, he had to hold back himself to keep from laughing. For a moment he could swear that her laughter was a disease that was highly contagious. Supressing his own urge to laugh he kept his face calm and listened to her after her laughter had calmed down.

Harlow was just a drifter apparently. A nice lifestyle that Gabriel was envious of himself. Some days he often just thought about getting up and leaving. Then he'd reject the thought occupying his mind with a game of solitare while enjoying a smoke. He had nowhere to go and already spent the time setting up a clinic here. Just getting up and leaving would put all that time to waist.

For a moment Gabriel thought Harlow was flirting with her. She playfully winked at him after making a comment about falling in love. He shook his head at the thought. There was no way a woman like her could be interested with a doctor who divorced and was paying child support to his ex-wife in the city. A woman like Harlow probably like more interesting men. The kind of men that got a bad reputation and were careless with their lives, well to him anyways. For someone like her he was just a stick in the mud.

"Well I used to be a city person," he chuckled. "Just another busy doctor at a busy hospital. Took a few wrong turns in life and ended up here. It'd take way to explain everything."

His story wasn't that interesting on top of it. For most of his life he had did what was expected of him. First he completed medical school like his father wanted him too and married a woman like his mother wanted. Next his son Joshua was born and he was consumed with work. His wife fretted over the fact that he was never home when he was at home to the point he lived in his office for many years. There was no way a marriage would last like that. The only reason his wife had lasted with him so long was his son's rare medical condition. After that was all cleared he decided to cut the rope that connected them. His wife deserved to take time to find someone she could be happy with and his son deserved a chance to have a real father that actually was there. Finally he moved here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You Don't Know Me [Black Heart-Gabe and Harlow]   You Don't Know Me [Black Heart-Gabe and Harlow] Empty

Back to top Go down

You Don't Know Me [Black Heart-Gabe and Harlow]
Page 1 of 1