Harvest Dreams
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeForum and Role Play RulesPortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A Helping Hand (Black Heart event Arwan/Maya)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Arwan
Farmer
Farmer
Arwan

Male Number of posts : 235

A Helping Hand (Black Heart event Arwan/Maya) Empty
PostSubject: A Helping Hand (Black Heart event Arwan/Maya)   A Helping Hand (Black Heart event Arwan/Maya) EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 2:27 pm

"Excuse me Mister." A young voice called to Arwan as he walking through the town center. He turned to see a young girl and what he took to be her brother running up to him. "Yes, how may I help you two out?" He asked, taking note of the books they held in their hands and chuckled to himself. "Homework?" He asked as the two children nodded in unison. "As a teacher it is my sacred duty to help those in need" He said jokingly, the siblings giving him a weird look. He grinned and took the children to a nearby bench and sat them down, he began to work with the two of them.

"See here, this is where you two keep getting confused." He said calmly, pointing out the error in their math. "If you subtract a larger number by a smaller you get a a positive because you are only taking a smaller amount from the big number. So that is how six minus one equals five, but when we subtract one from six, we get negative number because we are taking a lot from a little." He looked at the two students, they were still quite confused.
Back to top Go down
HowIRoll
HowIRoll

Female Number of posts : 29
Roleplay Name : Maya Lee

PostSubject: Re: A Helping Hand (Black Heart event Arwan/Maya)   A Helping Hand (Black Heart event Arwan/Maya) EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 4:20 pm

It was another nice day. As a result, Maya was out exploring Forget Me Not Valley once again, today strolling around the town centre - an act that was very lazy for her. Still, there wasn't any law that said, 'Maya Lee shalt not take it easy once in a while'...She grinned widely then shook her head at her own goofiness.
A few seconds later, the dark haired girl noticed her laces were undone.
"Bench," she muttered to herself, looking around. The only one she could see was occupied by a man and two small children. She shrugged and made her way towards it. "I'll just applogise for interrupting and be on my wa-ay-!" It was then that, just as she was close enough to be in their hearing range, Maya tripped over. "Ouch..."
Back to top Go down
Arwan
Farmer
Farmer
Arwan

PostSubject: Re: A Helping Hand (Black Heart event Arwan/Maya)   A Helping Hand (Black Heart event Arwan/Maya) EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 5:23 pm

Arwan noticed the dark haired girl fall, "Excuse me students." He said and quickly walked over to her abd offered a hand up. "Are you alright?" He asked her as he knelt beside her. "That looked like it hurt, course I have had my fair share of falls." He said jokingly. "Excuse me I forgot my manners, my name is Arwan, I am a local teacher here in the Valley." He said a he helped her up. "Are you new to Forget Me Not?" He asked curiously.
Back to top Go down
HowIRoll
HowIRoll

PostSubject: Re: A Helping Hand (Black Heart event Arwan/Maya)   A Helping Hand (Black Heart event Arwan/Maya) EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 6:22 pm

Maya lay on the ground for a few seconds, a strand of her hair dangling in front of her nose. Giving it a disgruntled glare, she blew it with some force, only for it to flop back down once more. She sighed.
A hand then appeared in front of her, so she gazed upwards, meeting the eyes of the man she'd seen with the two children just moments ago. Taking it, she smiled and dusted herself down while he introduced himself.
Chivalrous? That's not something you see everyday...
"Haven't we all?" Maya replied, chuckling lightly at her own embarrassement and checking quickly for scratches or bruises. Her hands had come off the worst, but nothing too bad. "I'm fine. Thank you for helping me up. I'm Maya, Maya Lee. I guess you could call me a traveller, though I've recently settled on Sunshine Island...Well, I say 'settled'; I live in the Inn there. I've been to the Valley once before and it was fun, so I decided to visit again." She paused, wondering if she'd said too much.
Back to top Go down
Arwan
Farmer
Farmer
Arwan

PostSubject: Re: A Helping Hand (Black Heart event Arwan/Maya)   A Helping Hand (Black Heart event Arwan/Maya) EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 7:49 pm

Arwan chuckled, "I have never been to the Islands but I have heard they are quite lovely to visit and live there." He took a quick glance at the students who continued with their work, "I know what it is like to live in an Inn, I do the exact same thing here in the Valley." He grinned, "I recently have finished school myself for teaching, so living frugally at the moment." He said. "A traveker you say, that must have been quite exciting lifestyle to live. Any reccomendations of places to visit, once I get some money." Arwan said with a light chuckle.
Back to top Go down
HowIRoll
HowIRoll

PostSubject: Re: A Helping Hand (Black Heart event Arwan/Maya)   A Helping Hand (Black Heart event Arwan/Maya) EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 8:51 pm

Maya nodded. "They really are something! You should visit sometime! It'd be fun, and sometimes it's good to get away from things..." She trailed off, shrugging slightly. "I guess you could say being a traveller is exciting but it does have some downfalls...I'm glad I have some place to live. Helps that it's cheap!" She watched the students at the table. "I'm not interrupting anything am I? If I am, just say so! I don't wanna be a bother!" Maya said quickly, preparing to be shoo-ed away anyway.
Back to top Go down
Arwan
Farmer
Farmer
Arwan

PostSubject: Re: A Helping Hand (Black Heart event Arwan/Maya)   A Helping Hand (Black Heart event Arwan/Maya) EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 9:27 pm

Arwan casually waved his hand. "No worries Maya, those two are doing well. Sometimes they want you to do the work for them, so it is alright for them to work by themselves for awhile." He eyed the students who continued to work efficently. "A teacher can only guide a student so much before you have to let them go on their own." He said just as both the siblings finished and came up to him. He quickly read over their work and nodded, "Good you two seem to have gotten the idea. Now tonight I want you to show your parents how to do this ok." He said as he knelt down by the two and gave back their work, he also slipped them a coin each. "That is for working hard, now off you two go." He said as the sprinted back the way they came.

"Sometimes a little bribe helps things along as well." He said with a grin, "It helps reinforce the material they have learned." He stood back up and brushed his knees. "I will definitly have to visit the Islands soon, but I enjoy fall to much here. I will have to tear myself away from here then," he said. "Fall on the Islands must be nice as well."
Back to top Go down
HowIRoll
HowIRoll

PostSubject: Re: A Helping Hand (Black Heart event Arwan/Maya)   A Helping Hand (Black Heart event Arwan/Maya) EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 2:55 pm

"I agree with you," Maya said, nodding once more. "I'm sure some of my old tutors used to say stuff like that to get us to work. I think another good thing to have a...not relationship as such, but you have to like your teacher right? Otherwise you'll question the point in what you're doing and it all goes horribly wrong." As she was speaking, the two children came up to Arwan. After a quick exchange the children were away...with a coin apiece. Maya giggled. "Hmm...bribery. If you believe it helps, I'm not gonna question you sir!"
The conversation switched back to the Islands again. "Fall? I guess it's okay. I prefer the warmer weather. Not that other types are bad per say, but the sun makes everything seem so happy! You're right though, Fall here is beautiful. I need to check out other places too, just to see what they're like...Have you visited Mineral Town or anywhere else?"
Back to top Go down
Arwan
Farmer
Farmer
Arwan

PostSubject: Re: A Helping Hand (Black Heart event Arwan/Maya)   A Helping Hand (Black Heart event Arwan/Maya) EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 9:36 pm

"A little reinforcement never hurts a student, they will want to do the work later on knowing they will be rewarded." He said with a grin. "I've been to Mineral Town quite often, my folks would always stop there on our way to the Valley when I was a kid. When I was in college as well I would stop over in Mineral Town often as well, every other month or so." He said, "if you consider that often." He pushed his glasses up a bit as he thought. "I have not really been anywherew else though, I was busy with school and other events." He said quietly, but a grin quickly replaced the sullen look. "If I stop by the Islands we should definitly meet up again."
Back to top Go down
HowIRoll
HowIRoll

PostSubject: Re: A Helping Hand (Black Heart event Arwan/Maya)   A Helping Hand (Black Heart event Arwan/Maya) EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 4:03 pm

Maya listened to Arwan speaking about his visiting Mineral Town with frank interest; after all when one listens, one picks things up - and picking things up about new places is always helpful to a traveller.
As usual - though without her noticing it, of course - her naturally perspective nature kicked in. It wasn't like she watched a person's everymove - do the words stalker and creepy come to mind? - but she couldn't help but watch somebody's actions while they talked. It revealed a lot about a person's character.
As such, the slightly sullen look expression on the guy's face didn't go unoticed by the girl, though she had the sense to stop herself before questioning it outloud. After all, Maya thought, brushing a strand of coal black hair behind her ear. I've only just met the man; it'd be rude.
Back in the real world, her mouth slowly curved into a wide grin. "Yeah, we should meet up if ever make your way over. Besides, I need to pay you back for helping me up; it's only fair!"
Back to top Go down
Arwan
Farmer
Farmer
Arwan

PostSubject: Re: A Helping Hand (Black Heart event Arwan/Maya)   A Helping Hand (Black Heart event Arwan/Maya) EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 5:20 pm

Arwan laughed lightly, "It was no problem at all Maya." He said, "But I will definitly plan a visit to the Islands now that I know someone there." He offered his hand to her. "It was a pleasure to meet you Maya, and if you are in the Valley before I reach the Islands please stop for a visit." He gestured the direction of the Inn, "I most likely will still be living in the Inn, maybe I will have my own place then." He said and chuckled warmly.
Back to top Go down
HowIRoll
HowIRoll

PostSubject: Re: A Helping Hand (Black Heart event Arwan/Maya)   A Helping Hand (Black Heart event Arwan/Maya) EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 5:53 pm

[[Do you wanna RP again? If so, PM me ^_^]]

Maya took the hand offered to her and shook it, pushing any picked up actions to the side. "Even if it was no problem, I still insist! Though you might have to give me an idea of what you wanna do. I'll brush up on my tour guide skills before you come." She laughed, looking over the Islands in her mind and wondering what sorts of things you could show to someone new. "I'll keep in mind where you are too," she added. "It was awesome meeting you! And I hope I've made an impression...You're not likely to forget the idiot that tripped and fell flat on her face, hm? Speaking of which..." Maya bent down in order to do her laces up, straightening up once done. "It will never happen again...I hope."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Helping Hand (Black Heart event Arwan/Maya)   A Helping Hand (Black Heart event Arwan/Maya) Empty

Back to top Go down

A Helping Hand (Black Heart event Arwan/Maya)
Page 1 of 1