Harvest Dreams
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeForum and Role Play RulesPortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Virus? Defender? Quoi?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
AlisaElric0150
Sprite
Sprite
AlisaElric0150

Female Number of posts : 1848

Virus? Defender? Quoi? Empty
PostSubject: Virus? Defender? Quoi?   Virus? Defender? Quoi? EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 2:39 pm

Hey guys. It’s been a while.

A couple things to report on why I’ve been away, and may be again... Not right now though, everything is okay.. XD So...

Reason one: My great aunt died and it’s been grave to our family.

Reason two: My grandmother came to visit my great aunt before she passed away and I was kicked out of my room, into the basement(Because there were no other beds in the house).

Reason three: I have anxiety and getting on this site to reply to threads sort of stressed me out(If you don’t know what anxiety is, it’s hair loss due to stress).

Reason four: I have exams for piano and vocal coming up, as well as JUST had a signing audition on friday(I made it. XD).

There’s one more reason, and this one is sort of a “watch out” thing.

Currently, my computer caught a virus which doesn’t seem to be ‘fixable.‘ I’ve had this virus before too. It’s called Windows Defender. It says that you have several viruses and tries to make you buy the program. The thing is, you can’t “exit the program” and delete the application, in other words delete the virus. There isn’t an option for that. This virus blocks off your virus protectors, as well as doesn’t let you do anything on your computer(This means anything from surfing the web to writing a document).

The application is the windows sign in a shield shape... An annoying... Little... Shield... X>.> But the thing is, it does random beeps every once and a while.

Now remember when I said I had caught this virus before? It was the one that screwed up my computer first, and my computer’s been in for repairs(BIG repairs) five times. But with those beeps, one day I was listening to music with my earphones in, max volume... *SCREAM*

That’s what happened. I fell off of my bed in shock and like... Couldn’t breath for a minute or two. It scared me that badly. So in other words, if you catch this virus, don’t listen to music...

But yeah, so there are my excuses. I hope you guys will forgive me, especially Semater and Kitty because of the rolelpay threads that we were roleplaying on that died because of me.
Back to top Go down
http://nightroweliteacademy.canadian-forum.com/
Semater
Farmer
Farmer
Semater

Male Number of posts : 265
Roleplay Name : Robert Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: Virus? Defender? Quoi?   Virus? Defender? Quoi? EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 8:02 pm

I got that Windows Defender Virus before. it was a pain in the *** to get rid of. You'd need to first download Malwarebytes onto a thumbdrive from another computer, then run your computer in Safe mode, install malwarebytes and run it. Then you have to go into your registry and start deleting certain registry files:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{3F2BBC05-40DF-11D2-9455-00104BC936FF}

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\WP345d.DocHostUIHandler

HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes "URL" => "http://search-gala.com/?&uid=201&q={searchTerms}"

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer "PRS" = "http://127.0.0.1:27777/?inj=%ORIGINAL%"

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings "UID" = "201"

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\5.0\User Agent\Post Platform "89770891803"

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run "Windows PC Defender"

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run "Windows PC Defender"

Then rerun malewarebytes again.

My condolences for your aunt.
Back to top Go down
Andres
Fledging Farmer
Fledging Farmer
Andres

Male Number of posts : 169
Roleplay Name : Seth

PostSubject: Re: Virus? Defender? Quoi?   Virus? Defender? Quoi? EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 11:44 pm

I hope everything turns out okay.

...and i'm sorry for your loss Sad

on a side note that little Max volume music story had me finish reading the post on a positive note! that story was really funny XD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Virus? Defender? Quoi?   Virus? Defender? Quoi? Empty

Back to top Go down

Virus? Defender? Quoi?
Page 1 of 1