Harvest Dreams
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeForum and Role Play RulesPortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Barbie and Ken (Kazu and Cody Reserved)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
afsangel
Special Member
Special Member
afsangel

Female Number of posts : 6693
Roleplay Name : Kazumi Martin

Awards : Barbie and Ken (Kazu and Cody Reserved) Afsangelaward-4

Barbie and Ken (Kazu and Cody Reserved) Empty
PostSubject: Barbie and Ken (Kazu and Cody Reserved)   Barbie and Ken (Kazu and Cody Reserved) EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 12:45 pm

She had been waiting all of yesterday and this morning for this, and now the time had finally come. Kazumi could hardly contain her excitement. She had arrived there early and set her guitar on the bench. Cody probably wouldn't be here for a few minute more. To pass the time, Kazumi leaned over the bridge and watched the river flow underneath her. The water was as clear as crystal, much liked you'd see in video games these days. She had never seen such clear water! Cody will have to see this once he gets here. She thought. OH! The thought made Kazu giggle to herself. Only she could be entertained by such a silly thing as clear water.
Back to top Go down
Kritten
Admin
Admin
Kritten

Female Number of posts : 8780
Roleplay Name : Kitty Kitz
Awards : Barbie and Ken (Kazu and Cody Reserved) Badge

PostSubject: Re: Barbie and Ken (Kazu and Cody Reserved)   Barbie and Ken (Kazu and Cody Reserved) EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 3:32 pm

Cody found it hard not to be restless--all night he couldn't get even a wink of sleep due to the excitement that plagued him. Yesterday was bliss, getting to play together with a well seasoned guitarist and excellent vocalist. Already the girl left a great impression on him and he was happy to have the opportunity once again. If he was lucky this could become a usual occurrence at 'the place.' Just the thought made his smile widen. He looked at the watch fastened on his right wrist and decided to quicken his pace to make sure he was on time. His baggy cargo pants made occasionally made a sound as he ran along and his dog tags hung at his neck beat his chest with each step under his navy blue shirt. Last, but not least, was the dark brown guitar case hanging from his back steadily thumping his back.

"Hey Kazumi," he waved as he saw her. Quickening his pace once again he rushed up to the brunette. She was bent over the bridge and was amused by the water for some reason. As he came closer he asked, "Wait long?"
Back to top Go down
afsangel
Special Member
Special Member
afsangel

PostSubject: Re: Barbie and Ken (Kazu and Cody Reserved)   Barbie and Ken (Kazu and Cody Reserved) EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 4:43 pm

Kazu's smile widened. "Hi Cody! No, I haven't been waiting long at all!" Kazumi let go of the bridge's railing and picked up her guitar that had been laying beside her. "Shall we get started, then?" Kazu tilted her head to the side and walked over beside the bench and sat down. She patted the ground next to her as an invitation for Cody to come sit next to her.
Back to top Go down
Kritten
Admin
Admin
Kritten

PostSubject: Re: Barbie and Ken (Kazu and Cody Reserved)   Barbie and Ken (Kazu and Cody Reserved) EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 2:09 am

It was nice to see that Kazumi was happy to see him and that he hadn't kept her waiting. After all, it was rude for a man to keep a lady in wait. Always he had the philosophy of remaining polite, yet somewhat classy. That was what he thought were the good traits of his father. "Yes," he agreed following Kazumi he took a seat she offered and opened his case.

He sat pretzel style on the ground next to her. Lifting his guitar out of his case he put the strap on his back and nestled a pick between his right index and middle finger. His fingers wiggled the smooth dark brown pick around till it felt like part or his hand. "Got any suggestions of what we should play first?" he asked looking into the girl's hazel eyes.

Back to top Go down
afsangel
Special Member
Special Member
afsangel

PostSubject: Re: Barbie and Ken (Kazu and Cody Reserved)   Barbie and Ken (Kazu and Cody Reserved) EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 12:25 am

Kazumi tapped the ground thoughtfully. After a minute or so of playing with the grass, she finally looked up and said (rather softly), "I have I song I could play for you. I'm afraid it's not going to be one you're familiar with, but it's been so long since I've last heard it." She laughed gently. "It's rather nostalgic. I hope you don't mind." Kazu adjusted her guitar on her lap. She was about to go someplace she hadn't gone for a while, and she needed to brace herself.
Back to top Go down
Kritten
Admin
Admin
Kritten

PostSubject: Re: Barbie and Ken (Kazu and Cody Reserved)   Barbie and Ken (Kazu and Cody Reserved) EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 2:02 am

"Uh, no not at all," stammered Cody sheepishly. Most of the people he meet took so long to get to the point where they'd share something special about their life to him--it made Kazumi stand out. It was like she was open to letting people get to know her. He watched as she prepared herself to play the song. Kazumi really was a good person to Cody. Being so nice, even though they just met.
Back to top Go down
afsangel
Special Member
Special Member
afsangel

PostSubject: Re: Barbie and Ken (Kazu and Cody Reserved)   Barbie and Ken (Kazu and Cody Reserved) EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 12:38 pm

Kazu smiled. "Thank you." She said softly. Kazumi took in a deep breath of air and then let it out. It had been a while since she had heard or even played this song, yet it somehow managed to stick with her all the way. Kazu strummed her guitar and then began to play. Then, she opened her mouth and began to sing.

Now Billy Joe McGuffrey was a really clumsy kid
On the first day of first grade, I'll tell you what he did
He tripped over a pencil box, flew up in the air
Landed on a kangaroo who pulled out all his hair

First aid in the first grade
You could buy a zoo with all the doctor bills he paid

And i know you are not just in heaven
Or the blue skies above your little hut
Dragonfly comes again sits on my hand
Brown leaves touch the floor without a sound
You took away my hardship walking in this lane longing road
Children laughing rain was sparkling colors flying because you were here
Where...it's gone...without a trace
Sit in the same old place

It was around this part tears started to drip from Kazumi's eyes. She wiped them away and kept playing. Her voice became a bit shaky, but she didn't stop.

Retrospect fifteen years under the tree
You skip along around my door slip and slide
You brought my feet back down to the ground
What was steady still began to move
A thousand flowers bloomed to the sky
You took away my hardship walking in this lane longing road
Children laughing rain was sparkling
Colors flying in the quiet garden

(I;m really sorry I couldn't resist! XDDDDD Ignore the first one. Here's the song BTW. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iXiXO10WvQ)

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Barbie and Ken (Kazu and Cody Reserved)   Barbie and Ken (Kazu and Cody Reserved) Empty

Back to top Go down

Barbie and Ken (Kazu and Cody Reserved)
Page 1 of 1