Harvest Dreams
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeForum and Role Play RulesPortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Games that Make or Will Make you Sad

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Limbo
Fledging Farmer
Fledging Farmer
Limbo

Male Number of posts : 121
Roleplay Name : Limbo

Games that Make or Will Make you Sad Empty
PostSubject: Games that Make or Will Make you Sad   Games that Make or Will Make you Sad EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 11:16 am

This is a thread to obviously talk about the games that have or will ruin or make your life just overall sad. Maybe the game wasn't anywhere near what it was cracked up to be, maybe they removed a great feature that was in the older games, or many other problems, but I know I want to talk about the games that have peeved me.

First one is the game I've been waiting eons for: Diablo 3, it's finally coming out next year after the long wait, and while I'm excited for it at the same time I have one complaint: No Offline Play. That's right, you get to spend $60 on a free, pretty new dungeon crawler that has to always be connected to the internet. Blizzard claims it's to stop cheating, but then again, if I bought my own game that is multiplayer and single player, shouldn't I be able to cheat and do whatever I want in my own single player game?

Truth is they want to deal with piracy, which is great, but make it so we only have to show that we legally own the game once. I live in the country with crappy internet, I shouldn't have to connect to play a game by myself, it's that simple. So they're out of my $60 dollars.

The second game I have been sad about is Final Fantasy XIII. I honestly feel it's more movie than it is game, that it's hard to pick a main protagonist out of the characters (Final Fantasy VI had Terra, Final Fantasy VII had Cloud, etc.,) the combat system has been extremely dumbed down from the previous titles (to a point where you can just have the game auto select the best options it has calculated for your "turn",) it's also doesn't have the good old turn system I grew up with in jrpgs.

Yes, it's beautiful game, but I honestly think that it isn't a Final Fantasy game. It has bits and pieces of what makes a Final Fantasy game a Final Fantasy game, but they could have easily given the game a different title that would have better suited it.

Anyways, I'm going to stop babbling for now- that's two so far, what games were you disappointed in or will be disappointed in?
Back to top Go down
Gmoguy
Gmoguy

Male Number of posts : 926
Roleplay Name : Dante

Games that Make or Will Make you Sad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Games that Make or Will Make you Sad   Games that Make or Will Make you Sad EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 5:24 am

I guess I can say a lot of games I have played never truly lived up to my expectations.
But, there are standouts.
First, is probably the Uncharted series, everything about it that was story was awesome, but the combat and platforming were a little off to me and caused countless of hours of frustration.
Second, the Resident Evil series once 4 & 5 came out, they were not scary games by any means and too combat driven, the voice acting was not the greatest and there does not seem to be much Q&A testing.
Thirdly, Silent Hill: Homecoming, that was just a straight no, it was not done right at all in my opinion, nothing was.
Lastly, F.E.A.R 3, too combat driven, no scares, story made no sense, and it was generally too easy.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/QuarterAfterZero

Games that Make or Will Make you Sad
Page 1 of 1