Harvest Dreams
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeForum and Role Play RulesPortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Is this the right way to do this?

Go down 
+3
BiddyAuthor
Limbo
MidnightxMusic
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MidnightxMusic
MidnightxMusic

Female Number of posts : 12

Is this the right way to do this?  Empty
PostSubject: Is this the right way to do this?    Is this the right way to do this?  EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 2:06 am

Heh, I'm such a noob. Sad

...I'm supposed to start a new topic here, right? -__-

Well anyways, uhm... I'm a really crazy girl. A bunch of random things are bouncing around in my mind right now. xD If you get to know me quite a bit and we start talking, you'll be like, "...Was this girl born weird or does she have to work at it? confused "
I LOOOOVE Harvest Moon, Harry Potter and of course reading/writing fanfictions, too.
My least favourite things are probably cliffhangers (oh, I hate those but love 'em at the same time xP) and Twilight (no offence to the fans, just don't like the series).

...What else do I put here? Neutral
Back to top Go down
Limbo
Fledging Farmer
Fledging Farmer
Limbo

Male Number of posts : 121
Roleplay Name : Limbo

PostSubject: Re: Is this the right way to do this?    Is this the right way to do this?  EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 2:23 am

Welcome to your doom Welcome to this wonderful world Midnight. You're not really a noob, you found your way here to post you know. Very Happy So far you don't sound crazy (Ask Latte about our earlier conversation involving Bear Calvary- yeah,) randomness happens to be the spice of life, and I think being a bit eccentric like myself helps make the world go by smoother. After all, we can't all be stuffy.

Harvest Moon is great, Harry Potter is great (prefer the books over the movies,) and cliffhangers are a bummer- that's why you step on their hands of course- after all, you should quit hanging on cliffs, it's dangerous.
Back to top Go down
BiddyAuthor
BiddyAuthor

Female Number of posts : 24
Roleplay Name : None as of now.

PostSubject: Re: Is this the right way to do this?    Is this the right way to do this?  EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 2:28 am

Limbo, very very wise words to follow. Anyway for cliff hangers... don't you have to have the stamina to be able to hang on the edge of the cliff??? And most of them are twigs....

Moving on, Midnight you made it from fanfiction to here! I'm glad, now we need every one else to come here now too!
Back to top Go down
Limbo
Fledging Farmer
Fledging Farmer
Limbo

PostSubject: Re: Is this the right way to do this?    Is this the right way to do this?  EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 2:44 am

Nah, most people don't, it's why cliff hangers drop off into the next chapter, comic, etc. right away in most cases.

Heh- if everyone invites friends who know friends who know friends we could become active so easily. XD
Back to top Go down
LatteCurlz
Fledging Farmer
Fledging Farmer
LatteCurlz

Female Number of posts : 137
Roleplay Name : Nastasha Varient

PostSubject: Re: Is this the right way to do this?    Is this the right way to do this?  EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 3:24 am

MIDNIGHT! Yahoo! I'm loving your siggy by the way, and I believe you don't even have to work at being weird, it just comes naturally. That was a compliment by the way XP. You see, everyone else has to work just to keep up with you! I mean it, no one can possibly compare to your random comments! I hope everyone else joins!

Oh, an about those cliff hangers...heh heh sorry Surprised I know how much you guys hate when I leave my stories on a DUN DUN............DUNNNNNNNNNN end.
Welcome to Harvest Dreams! Everyone's pretty chill and funny here so I bet you'll love it!
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/~lattecurlz
Gmoguy
Gmoguy

Male Number of posts : 926
Roleplay Name : Dante

PostSubject: Re: Is this the right way to do this?    Is this the right way to do this?  EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 5:52 am

Hello Midnight
I go by Dante or Gmo around here.
I can tell right away you will fit in quite easily and very well here. (Don't worry, this is the correct place to post this.)
Definitely share common ground by liking fanfiction and disliking the Twilight series. I can't stand it at all personally.
By the way, I'm one of the Moderators, so any questions you have can be directed to me or any of the other staff members.
Lastly, enjoy your time on Harvest Dreams!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/QuarterAfterZero
MidnightxMusic
MidnightxMusic

PostSubject: Re: Is this the right way to do this?    Is this the right way to do this?  EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 7:06 am

"Welcome to your doom" xD This made me crack up.
Oh, gosh. That conversation sounds intriguing. Very Happy
I try not to, especially in real life. 'Course...I haven't been to an actual cliff...

No stamina, I'm a weak person. xD Can't sprint 100 metres without dying.
I'm going to PM spam everyone on fanfiction that I know...

Why thank you. xD
I'm like, weird at random times. Maybe during break, I'll start dancing over to my locker or something. bounce
...Like the one you recently updated? Suspect Haha, I'm joking. I loved it. Very Happy

Alright, I was just making sure I can post a new message. Whew, I thought I posted in the wrong part or something. xP
Yay, another Twilight-disliker in the vampire-crazed world!
Hello, Moderator! Very Happy
Okay, I have a question. Where do I start off on my role-playing adventure? I'm so lost. Do I just, like, post in an already-existing thing (I'm really bad at remembering words I need...)?

Ooh, I forgot. I end a lot of my sentences with smiley faces. It helps me seem less serious, because I'm not. P:

Back to top Go down
clairexcliff
Hero
Hero
clairexcliff

Male Number of posts : 4687
Roleplay Name : Amando
2nd char:Roan

Awards : Is this the right way to do this?  Cliffnov

PostSubject: Re: Is this the right way to do this?    Is this the right way to do this?  EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 7:27 am

Ohh, Hello Midnight! Very Happy

I'm Amando, Nice to meet ya! and... advance Merry Christmas! HOHOHOHOHO! XD
Back to top Go down
MidnightxMusic
MidnightxMusic

PostSubject: Re: Is this the right way to do this?    Is this the right way to do this?  EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 7:32 am

clairexcliff wrote:

HELLO! :DDD
YAY, NEW PEOPLE! I LOVE NEW PEOPLE! *tackle*

Sorry...that was my weird side...
But I do love meeting new people. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
clairexcliff
Hero
Hero
clairexcliff

Male Number of posts : 4687
Roleplay Name : Amando
2nd char:Roan

Awards : Is this the right way to do this?  Cliffnov

PostSubject: Re: Is this the right way to do this?    Is this the right way to do this?  EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 7:47 am

MidnightxMusic wrote:
clairexcliff wrote:

HELLO! :DDD
YAY, NEW PEOPLE! I LOVE NEW PEOPLE! *tackle*

Sorry...that was my weird side...
But I do love meeting new people. Very Happy

Same goes here. I LOVE MEETING NEW PEOPLE!
XD
Back to top Go down
Limbo
Fledging Farmer
Fledging Farmer
Limbo

PostSubject: Re: Is this the right way to do this?    Is this the right way to do this?  EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 3:28 pm

MidnightxMusic wrote:
"Welcome to your doom" xD This made me crack up.
Oh, gosh. That conversation sounds intriguing. Very Happy
I try not to, especially in real life. 'Course...I haven't been to an actual cliff...

Well, you'll always be welcomed into the following:

My evil secret lair.
My evil lair that isn't secret and resides on the top of that hill/mountain, you know, the one with the lightning and leaf-less trees, it has the bats fluttering out of it. Yes, that one.
Your doom.
To drop your wallet and lose it.
This graveyard I am currently either haunting about in or drawing (they make great pictures, really, they do.)
And many more.

Just ask everyone else, no one will die He's lying, he's out to get you all, no wait, don't stick me in the box again- nooooo, I'm only slightly eccentric.

As for Twilight- I can make a simple, easy list of why it is the worst piece of literary writing in our history, and why Mein Kampf is actually a better read. Wow- that just sounded depressing. XD
Back to top Go down
35bell
35bell

Female Number of posts : 5158
Roleplay Name : Genna Song

Awards : Is this the right way to do this?  Bellnov

PostSubject: Re: Is this the right way to do this?    Is this the right way to do this?  EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 8:36 pm

MOAR FANFICTIONERS? WOOT
Quote :
Okay, I have a question. Where do I start off on my role-playing adventure? I'm so lost. Do I just, like, post in an already-existing thing (I'm really bad at remembering words I need...)?
NO WORRIES~ Character profile info and template all the rules for characters and template~
and post your character in "Character profile Creation" Either the Mods or Admins (Mainly mods because we're active right now) will approve it if it's good enough~

How rude of me,
I'm Genna 8D and I'm part of the staff here~ have fun okay?
because if you don't, I'll kill the person that's not making it fun -grabs chainsaw-
Just kidding~
JUST HAVE FUN. WE'RE ALL FRIENDLY.
....A LITTLE TOO FRIENDLY
/shot

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/35bell
Limbo
Fledging Farmer
Fledging Farmer
Limbo

PostSubject: Re: Is this the right way to do this?    Is this the right way to do this?  EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 10:30 pm

35bell wrote:
MOAR FANFICTIONERS? WOOT
I'm Genna 8D and I'm part of the staff here~ have fun okay?
because if you don't, I'll kill the person that's not making it fun -grabs chainsaw-
Just kidding~
JUST HAVE FUN. WE'RE ALL FRIENDLY.
....A LITTLE TOO FRIENDLY
/shot

But killing people is my job That sounds like a good idea. Very Happy Making this place a happy and fun land for everyone is a welcoming practice. :3 If you're looking for people to roleplay with or get lessons from lots of us are willing to help. Personally, I've been roleplaying for about 10 years of my 20-year existence, so feel free to ask questions if you'd like. Very Happy I don't hang people up by their toes bite, and am pretty friendly, so all questions are welcome.

Have fun here in Harvest Dreams, may we all make it rise to active awesomeness.
Back to top Go down
MidnightxMusic
MidnightxMusic

PostSubject: Re: Is this the right way to do this?    Is this the right way to do this?  EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 11:03 pm

Heh, all of you guys are so welcoming! I'm touched that someone will murder for the sake of everyone's fun. ...Actually, that's quite scary...

Now I'm starting to think some people on here are crazier than I am...no offence, of course. sunny

Ooooh, okay, I see...Then where do you go after you create your character?
But I've never role-played before. I know that you can't control what other characters do and say but you can kinda interact with them.
Can someone give me an example/demonstration of RP? I've read the Rules and How to talk or use actions, but I want to see like a paragraph of it, if it's no problem to anyone. Sad
Still a noob... cheers
Back to top Go down
Limbo
Fledging Farmer
Fledging Farmer
Limbo

PostSubject: Re: Is this the right way to do this?    Is this the right way to do this?  EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 11:12 pm

Welp, I take that as a compliment.

To create a character you would start here, that link takes you to where you would find the template to create your character, as well as lots of other useful information. You could copy and paste the info into a text file and work on it there- at least that's what I did- but make your character, then post all the info in a new topic with your Character's name here.

As for how roleplaying works, I can post that in a moment. Very Happy But I have supper to attend to, so be back shortly.
Back to top Go down
LatteCurlz
Fledging Farmer
Fledging Farmer
LatteCurlz

PostSubject: Re: Is this the right way to do this?    Is this the right way to do this?  EmptySun Dec 25, 2011 12:29 am

If you'd like Midnight I'd be happy to lend my drawing skills to your characters picture in the appearance description (they aren't fully developed but people will get a good idea, I'll probably scan the picture in because me and the tablet haven't been mixing well for a while XP).
Back to top Go down
MidnightxMusic
MidnightxMusic

PostSubject: Re: Is this the right way to do this?    Is this the right way to do this?  EmptySun Dec 25, 2011 6:18 am

...I don't get it! *runs around in a circle*
Here is the list of things I don't get:
- Everything
- Journal
- Events
- Heart Levels
- My life.
- Where to post the character profile
- Where to go after doing everything with my character (well, I haven't started on it...)

I don't understand a lot of things...

...You have to draw the character, too? D:
Back to top Go down
LatteCurlz
Fledging Farmer
Fledging Farmer
LatteCurlz

PostSubject: Re: Is this the right way to do this?    Is this the right way to do this?  EmptySun Dec 25, 2011 7:30 am

MidnightxMusic wrote:
- Everything
- Journal
- Events
- Heart Levels
- My life.
- Where to go after doing everything with my character (well, I haven't started on it...)

You're going to post the character profile as a new topic in the "Character Profile Creation" section. When you post the characters personality (you don't have to draw the character, you can get a picture off the internet, I just offered) it's going to be the starting post with your characters name as the topic's title. After that, you'll post a reply which will be the journal which you'll copy the template from here: http://www.harvestdreams.net/t2-character-profile-creation#46420 and just change the name between the code lines for bolding and underlining.
Ex: Name's Journal ---> (Changed to) Midnight's Journal (Or whatever your character's name is).

Don't worry about filling it out yet, that'll come after you actually start participating in the RP forum.

For the heart events, make another reply and just copy the template code that you can find after scrolling down a little from here: http://www.harvestdreams.net/t2-character-profile-creation#46421 . Don't worry about it until you actually start roleplaying with someone. I hope this helps a bit!
Back to top Go down
MidnightxMusic
MidnightxMusic

PostSubject: Re: Is this the right way to do this?    Is this the right way to do this?  EmptyMon Dec 26, 2011 9:02 am

LatteCurlz wrote:
MidnightxMusic wrote:
- Everything
- Journal
- Events
- Heart Levels
- My life.

You're going to post the character profile as a new topic in the "Character Profile Creation" section. When you post the characters personality (you don't have to draw the character, you can get a picture off the internet, I just offered) it's going to be the starting post with your characters name as the topic's title. After that, you'll post a reply which will be the journal which you'll copy the template from here: http://www.harvestdreams.net/t2-character-profile-creation#46420 and just change the name between the code lines for bolding and underlining.
Ex: Name's Journal ---> (Changed to) Midnight's Journal (Or whatever your character's name is).

Don't worry about filling it out yet, that'll come after you actually start participating in the RP forum.

For the heart events, make another reply and just copy the template code that you can find after scrolling down a little from here: http://www.harvestdreams.net/t2-character-profile-creation#46421 . Don't worry about it until you actually start roleplaying with someone. I hope this helps a bit!

Oh, okay. I see...
I still don't get what's with the journal and the stuff with code for heart events. This is making my tiny brain hurt... scratch

I should stop being lazy and start my character. But it's 1:00 AM... bounce
Back to top Go down
Limbo
Fledging Farmer
Fledging Farmer
Limbo

PostSubject: Re: Is this the right way to do this?    Is this the right way to do this?  EmptyMon Dec 26, 2011 3:43 pm

MidnightxMusic wrote:
Oh, okay. I see...
I still don't get what's with the journal and the stuff with code for heart events. This is making my tiny brain hurt... scratch

I should stop being lazy and start my character. But it's 1:00 AM... bounce

Ah, I can shed some light on the situation. *Turns it to night, pulls up a full moon, then brings out a lit torch.*

The Journal is where you record anything that you think your character would find important to remember forever. For instance, let's say you got your first cow. Well, that could be rather exciting to Jimmy Mc'Farmerpantsmen, so he takes the time to record it.

"Dear Diary,

I got my first cow today, she's so tiny, but once she gets big and strong I'll be able to get lots of milk from her. It will be such a treat- milk, cheese, and butter- I think I'll name her Bessie. I don't know why, it just sounds like a great name for her.

Later Diary,
Mc'Farmerpantsen"

The Heart Coding is similar to the actual Harvest Moon games, it's how your character sees other character on a heart rating from black to red. As you see them more and more (I think two "insert heart color here" heart topics is the minimum for changing heart rates with a character you've met,) you two can decided how each other sees the other character. I- you know, I'll draw a chart. Very Happy I will draw a chart with an example to help.

*Sciddadles and grabs his tablet.*
Back to top Go down
MidnightxMusic
MidnightxMusic

PostSubject: Re: Is this the right way to do this?    Is this the right way to do this?  EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 3:41 am

OH, okay. But where do you post journal entries?
Am I getting on your guys' nerves? I noticed that I'm asking a lot of questions here. No

So, you have to meet a person in two heart topics to raise a level? Do they have to be two different topics or one single topic?
..Does that mean I only RP with one person? O_o

Er, can't wait to see the chart. Very Happy

Oh, and I apologize for all the questions. I'm just making sure I don't make a fool out of myself when I start RP. silent
Back to top Go down
LatteCurlz
Fledging Farmer
Fledging Farmer
LatteCurlz

PostSubject: Re: Is this the right way to do this?    Is this the right way to do this?  EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 6:39 pm

You're fine! Anyways, after your character is accepted I can only assume that you post the journal entry as a reply on your character's name topic. A moderator will combine it with your profile later ( I don't know for certain since I haven't posted any entries yet). For rping you can do one role play topic with multiple people, but for heartevents its usually you and another person (unless multiple people lead into you meeting up with the other person who the <3 event is with).
Back to top Go down
35bell
35bell

Female Number of posts : 5158
Roleplay Name : Genna Song

Awards : Is this the right way to do this?  Bellnov

PostSubject: Re: Is this the right way to do this?    Is this the right way to do this?  EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 7:09 pm

MidnightxMusic wrote:
OH, okay. But where do you post journal entries?
Am I getting on your guys' nerves? I noticed that I'm asking a lot of questions here. No

So, you have to meet a person in two heart topics to raise a level? Do they have to be two different topics or one single topic?
..Does that mean I only RP with one person? O_o

Er, can't wait to see the chart. Very Happy

Oh, and I apologize for all the questions. I'm just making sure I don't make a fool out of myself when I start RP. silent

No you're not getting on our nerves. When I was new, I was literally confused with everything. but we had a much easier template back then :'D. /shot
Well the heart topics go like this

Black heart
-topic 1
-topic 2
Purple heart
-topic 1
-topic 2

And so on. They're all separate topics. You can RP with ANYONE with heart rates. It's just when you get to yellow heart you may want to commit to one person.

For the journals you can post it with your character info in one post. Some people like to do it in separate posts in the same topic. You can see Characters' profiles for examples on journals. Since I'm not always the best on making things clear.

Click here for heart rate rules
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/35bell
MidnightxMusic
MidnightxMusic

PostSubject: Re: Is this the right way to do this?    Is this the right way to do this?  EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 4:09 am

Hmmm...I think I'm starting to get it now.
Okay, so you just make a new topic with your character profile, then, whenever, you post the journal entry?
And you start 2 different topics for heart events, then you raise a heart level... Do the events follow the ones in the game(s)?

Thank you soooooooooooooooooo much for ALL your help! Without you guys, I would be lying on the floor, dead from trying to figure this stuff out on my own and my brain would already be running halfway to Mexico. Very Happy
So...thank goodness for you guys! cheers GROUP HUG!

I think my weird side is showing...better cover it up with a hat... jocolor
Back to top Go down
LatteCurlz
Fledging Farmer
Fledging Farmer
LatteCurlz

PostSubject: Re: Is this the right way to do this?    Is this the right way to do this?  EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 6:16 pm

Yes...because the hat definitely covers it Neutral JK! Anyways you got it, you would have to RP with the person twice before raising the heart level. The events don't have to follow the ones in the games, if there's a festival or some shnup like that then you can just base what you do off of how that festival usually goes. Other than that, heart events completely depend on the characters here on HD. Your heart events will (hopefully) not be the same with each person because the characters interact differently based on who it is you're approaching.
Example:

Chase walks up to Gill.

Chase: Hey, Gill.

Gill: Hello, Chase. What brings you here.

Chase: What? I have to have a reason to visit a friend now? Rolling Eyes

Gill: It would be nice Neutral

*Diff scene*

Luke walks up to Gill

Luke: YO! What's up best friend!? lol!

Luke starts fiddling with Gill's knicknacks on the dresser.

Gill: LUKE WHAT ON EARTH ARE YOU DOING! Mad

Luke: I heard you had a diar-HERE it is!

Gill: PUT IT BACK!

(Lol see, Gill and Chase are more chill and sarcastic with one another while the Luke and Gill combo is over zealous!) So the heart events wouldn't be the same. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is this the right way to do this?    Is this the right way to do this?  Empty

Back to top Go down

Is this the right way to do this?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Harvest Dreams :: Harvest Dreams General :: Introduce Yourself-
Jump to: