Harvest Dreams
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeForum and Role Play RulesPortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Winter Contest Thoughts

Go down 
+2
clairexcliff
Gmoguy
6 posters

Winter Contest?
Yes
Winter Contest Thoughts Vote_lcap88%Winter Contest Thoughts Vote_rcap
 88% [ 7 ]
No
Winter Contest Thoughts Vote_lcap0%Winter Contest Thoughts Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
I'll tell you in the comments
Winter Contest Thoughts Vote_lcap0%Winter Contest Thoughts Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
I liked Winter before it was cool
Winter Contest Thoughts Vote_lcap12%Winter Contest Thoughts Vote_rcap
 12% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 8

AuthorMessage
Gmoguy
Gmoguy

Male Number of posts : 926
Roleplay Name : Dante

Winter Contest Thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Winter Contest Thoughts   Winter Contest Thoughts EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 6:18 am

Alright, first things first.
I've decided that with the influx of members over the past few weeks, the staff will post up a winter contest like we used to every so often during the winter. Especially to try and attract a few more back to the site.
So, before you hold your breath in anticipation and get excited, this has to be approved by the Big Bosses(Metal Gear!), and knowing their attendance here has been less than expected, it might be a bit before this becomes more of a full fledged idea and less of thoughts written down.
However, this doesn't mean all you artsy people don't have to wait, you can start as soon as you want and get them sent to me or any of the active staff.
I haven't pondered over much of rules besides that no art is omitted, that means fanfics, drawings, etc. are all accepted and will be voted on here sooner or later once this gets approved.
I would like to know everyone's thoughts on this and especially feedback if you want to toss some ideas out there.
Thanks for reading.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/QuarterAfterZero
clairexcliff
Hero
Hero
clairexcliff

Male Number of posts : 4687
Roleplay Name : Amando
2nd char:Roan

Awards : Winter Contest Thoughts Cliffnov

PostSubject: Re: Winter Contest Thoughts   Winter Contest Thoughts EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 7:17 am

This is EXCITING >.<
I always wished that HD would held another contest.
I'm all fired UPPPPPPP!!!
Back to top Go down
LatteCurlz
Fledging Farmer
Fledging Farmer
LatteCurlz

Female Number of posts : 137
Roleplay Name : Nastasha Varient

PostSubject: Re: Winter Contest Thoughts   Winter Contest Thoughts EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 10:14 am

One idea I have is that you can draw a picture or make a fanfic that shows your RP character attending one of the many Winter Festivals. Maybe even add a few of the HM characters from the actual game in there (of course, none would be your date because that's not how we do here XD). Just a little thought, you can give or take from it if you like Surprised .
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/~lattecurlz
Limbo
Fledging Farmer
Fledging Farmer
Limbo

Male Number of posts : 121
Roleplay Name : Limbo

PostSubject: Re: Winter Contest Thoughts   Winter Contest Thoughts EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 2:45 pm

A Winter massacre contest sounds lovely. I agree with writing or drawing your character enjoying the festivities, though I think that would be expanded upon. Winter itself is a festivity Even if I want all the snow to be sent back to the heavens in flame, so why not just do a "Harvest Dream Presents: A Winter Wonderland Contest?"

It would get the creative juices flowing, even more so if the rules are not extremely specific. For instance:

Post a bit of your creative writing, a picture, or sculpture of your HD character enjoying the Winter war against the earth snow and holiday season. Make pictures no larger than "x by x" pixels, writings no longer than "x" number of pages, and send in pictures of your sculpture from more than one angle.

Yeah- that sounds like Limbo would have a happy winter with that- oh wait- I am Limbo...
Back to top Go down
35bell
35bell

Female Number of posts : 5158
Roleplay Name : Genna Song

Awards : Winter Contest Thoughts Bellnov

PostSubject: Re: Winter Contest Thoughts   Winter Contest Thoughts EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 8:32 pm

Ah I remember secret santa~ I was kind of sad we didn't do it this year~
But a winter contest sounds good to me, plus we're getting new and old members back here and the forum is slowly becoming active. ITS A CHRISTMAS MIRACLE~!

I fail at drawing, but I've been writing. Just a good old fashioned contest sounds good to me. That reminds me, I'm still working on that magical crop story for everyone...hehee....I fail so much.

I approve of this idea~
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/35bell
Gmoguy
Gmoguy

PostSubject: Re: Winter Contest Thoughts   Winter Contest Thoughts EmptySun Dec 25, 2011 7:36 am

Alright, I've generated a sort of mock up contest that can be revised on a moments notice. However, this will not be posted as the actual contest until it seems that all the loose ends are tied up and it is polished up for posting.
The rough draft starts below.
Title:-Winter's Uprising-*subject to change*

Rules: - Any sort of art is accepted(drawing, fanfic, painting, chalk?, candy art, etc.)

- The art has to be your(or one of your) HD characters doing something Winter related(such as the Winter Festivals), adding other HM characters is acceptable or other HD member's characters, just make sure to get permission to do so from the member.

- The picture really does not have to have a size limit as it will all be put in spoilers, but please keep it reasonable(the scale size of about a sheet of paper should do). For the fanfics, make sure they're decent lengthwise but enough to tell the story efficiently and keep it interesting(most likely two or so pages). For anything else, make sure pictures are taken that show off the art as much as possible(2 pictures at least).

- Send all submissions to me(Gmo) as I will most likely be hosting the event and therefore, can keep all the submissions on one post so people don't have to dig for your work.

- All voting will be done on a set date sometime in the future(I have yet to decide one).

- Lastly, enjoy the contest!
Back to top Go down
Kritten
Admin
Admin
Kritten

Female Number of posts : 8780
Roleplay Name : Kitty Kitz
Awards : Winter Contest Thoughts Badge

PostSubject: Re: Winter Contest Thoughts   Winter Contest Thoughts EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 2:37 am

I give you the green light.
(Sorry that I've been gone for so long.)
Back to top Go down
Gmoguy
Gmoguy

PostSubject: Re: Winter Contest Thoughts   Winter Contest Thoughts EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 5:30 am

The green light to do something like this is appreciated.
However, I believe it might be a bit late for that with everyone so busy with IRL things.
I'd still like anybody's input on this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Winter Contest Thoughts   Winter Contest Thoughts Empty

Back to top Go down

Winter Contest Thoughts
Page 1 of 1