Harvest Dreams
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeForum and Role Play RulesPortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

How to talk or use actions for Role Playing

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Aren19
Farmer
Farmer
Aren19

Male Number of posts : 486
Roleplay Name : Aren

How to talk or use actions for Role Playing Empty
PostSubject: How to talk or use actions for Role Playing   How to talk or use actions for Role Playing EmptySun Oct 05, 2008 11:38 pm

Rosette has noticed some users might be new, and not know how to role play. This is for first time role players or if you just need a little refresher.

1.) How to have your character "Do" Something:
you give your character certain tasks that you can control. We use the third person perspective (where you say your characters name) here.

Ex: *Aren walked towards Aiyo*

2.) How to have your character "Say" something:
you must have your character speak, otherwise, he'll/she'll just be all alone in a corner. the best, and possibly only, method to have your character talk is to use the quotation marks ( " ) and it must be in third person, otherwise, some people might get confused

Ex: "Aiyo, we need to talk," Aren spoke calmly.

3.)Out of character: (OOC)
if there's something that must be said during role play (it'd be better off if you don't do this unless it's necessary) where you use brackets ( [ ] )

Ex: [did you guys need info on the mines from the tree of tranquility?]

Unless this needs to be said, it'd better off in RP Discussion.
I hope this was helpful to first time role players, see you in the forums.

Aren
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/5058910
Aren19
Farmer
Farmer
Aren19

Male Number of posts : 486
Roleplay Name : Aren

PostSubject: Re: How to talk or use actions for Role Playing   How to talk or use actions for Role Playing EmptyMon Oct 20, 2008 1:33 pm

Attention new comers, please don't ignore this sticky, this is to help everyone, even after posting this up, i saw two posts that had nothing but brakets (i will not give the topic's name nor will i say who the two were), please, if you have a question, contact Venus, Kitty, Aiyo, or Me, that's why we're here, we are here to help. if anyone else notices this when new people come, direct them to this sticky.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/5058910
clairexcliff
Hero
Hero
clairexcliff

Male Number of posts : 4687
Roleplay Name : Amando
2nd char:Roan

Awards : How to talk or use actions for Role Playing Cliffnov

PostSubject: Re: How to talk or use actions for Role Playing   How to talk or use actions for Role Playing EmptyWed Apr 29, 2009 6:59 am

i ignore that sorry
Back to top Go down
justice
Farmer
Farmer
justice

Male Number of posts : 593
Roleplay Name : Ronan Justice

PostSubject: Re: How to talk or use actions for Role Playing   How to talk or use actions for Role Playing EmptyFri May 08, 2009 9:40 pm

Hm, it's okay to use "I" too? maybe names might be better because of that 2 character thing i saw.
Back to top Go down
Kritten
Admin
Admin
Kritten

Female Number of posts : 8780
Roleplay Name : Kitty Kitz
Awards : How to talk or use actions for Role Playing Badge

PostSubject: Re: How to talk or use actions for Role Playing   How to talk or use actions for Role Playing EmptySun May 10, 2009 11:24 pm

You can use "I" if you want, because you are the one making the post. A lot of people just enjoy talking in third person like me. You can write your posts however you prefer as long as the make sense and are good quality.
Back to top Go down
Rosette
Admin
Admin
Rosette

Female Number of posts : 1904
Roleplay Name : Venus
Awards : How to talk or use actions for Role Playing Hdbadge

PostSubject: Re: How to talk or use actions for Role Playing   How to talk or use actions for Role Playing EmptySun Nov 08, 2009 2:24 am

Now it's updated to only third person due to 2nd characters, just a remember. Wink
It's been in third person for a long time now.
Back to top Go down
http://http:harvestdreams.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to talk or use actions for Role Playing   How to talk or use actions for Role Playing Empty

Back to top Go down

How to talk or use actions for Role Playing
Page 1 of 1