I just got it.
So far, so good. I hate the fact that you can't get a fishing pole unless you buy it from Gannon for 5000G...that sucks. I miss the free rods. And since fishing is a big part of replenishing my hunger, I've been waking up later and later for the last several days.
I wish you could start getting the sun stones earlier than the 10th, but whatever. I can wait.
I do like the additional features plugged in, though. According to Fogu, the additional features include:
* The sun/water point system for crops is still in place, but it is easier to grow crops. Sun points now count on cloudy days and you can only, at most, give your crops 2 water points per day (unless you modify that with yellow Wonderfuls, which also exist in SI).
* Besides the standard animals, you can have upgraded animals such as the Jersey Cow, Silkie Chicken, and Suffolk Sheep.
* You can choose between two different colors of pets when you are offered. There is a horse, dog, cat, and pig.
* The same marriage candidates exist plus a new one for each gender. Will is available for girl players, and Lily for boy players.
* You can befriend and hire wild animals to fetch you items.
* The greenhouse can have up to 3 season-specific sun stones, which gives your crops 3 sun points per day if grown indoors.
* There are more items to "collect", such as the 143 different fish species, over 220 cooking recipes, 40 mushroom types, 100 Sun Stones, and so on.
* The harvest sprites can be hired to "enchant", which includes simple tasks like watering crops, feeding animals, and so on. The sprites can also do more advance tasks like lowering the material necessary for Gannon's buildings, increasing affection with people, and increasing the amount of bites you get when fishing.
* Getting specific colored Wonderfuls in festivals is no longer based on the farm degree. The colors are based on the weather that occurs 2 days after the festival.
I'm looking forward to playing this through.