Harvest Dreams
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeForum and Role Play RulesPortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Listen to the words I say.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Eternal Silence
Admin
Admin
Eternal Silence

Female Number of posts : 6205
Roleplay Name : Arden Auiban
Awards : Listen to the words I say. Esaward

Listen to the words I say. Empty
PostSubject: Listen to the words I say.   Listen to the words I say. EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 2:27 pm

Graham shook his head in frustration. So much, too much, he couldn't handle all of this. He had tried so hard to distract himself. He had buried himself in his work, spending all day and all night cultivating across virgin soil, persuading stubborn animals to return to their stable so he wouldn't have to fight off rogue dogs with the scant amount of tools he had to his name, and bending over backwards to make this work, make SOMETHING work for once in his life.

He growled as a rush of emotion bubbled up in his throat. Standing up, he shook his head again, trying as hard as possible to just shake away the ghosts of the past and leave them behind, where they belonged. But the wisps of memories and the whispers of voices clung tightly to him. He was at their mercy, and they were not benevolent. He had to pay for his misdeeds.

He covered his face with his hands and sat down. He didn't know quite where he was; he was sitting by a tree, facing away from the village and hidden from sight. He knew that much. The man tried to choke everything back down and stick it back in the reservoir that he bottled shut for so much of his life. This was not strength. This was the epitome of weakness. This was not manly or courageous or anything he had set out to be. And he was convinced to overcome it.
Back to top Go down
http://undertheorangetree.deviantart.com/
Kritten
Admin
Admin
Kritten

Female Number of posts : 8780
Roleplay Name : Kitty Kitz
Awards : Listen to the words I say. Badge

PostSubject: Re: Listen to the words I say.   Listen to the words I say. EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 10:18 pm

It was easy for anyone to tell that Riley Berkley didn't belong here. Her clothes were obviously those of a rich city kind of girl, a stylish skirt and blouse. Manacured fingernails another thing that made her stand out. Out of everything her high-heeled shoes seemed to be the largest indicater that she didn't exactly fit in the country. She was stuck like this for awhile though, untill her mom convinced her dad to let her move back. For now she was stuck in the middle of nowhere.

Unawaringly she sat by a tree exhausted from walking in her heels. Clearly they weren't made for this terrain, but Riley destested the idea of wearing normal shoes. Everything had to stand out for her, otherwise it simply wasn't enough. "Whew," she said to herself outloud. "I'm really hating my old man."
Back to top Go down
Eternal Silence
Admin
Admin
Eternal Silence

PostSubject: Re: Listen to the words I say.   Listen to the words I say. EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 3:27 am

Graham only looked up momentarily when he heard a voice, and that was because he was startled. In his current emotional state, he was not capable of widening his emotional spectrum enough to embrace anyone else's company or their own personal problems. Especially, he noted as he scanned the girl who had intruded on his pity party with a less than amused half-glare, prima donnas with lavish outfits and perfectly polished appearances and scowls that could deepen the Grand Canyon when it was clear that they hardly led a troubled life.

"Did you say something?" He snapped impatiently. He was in no mood to deal with petulant little girls.
Back to top Go down
Kritten
Admin
Admin
Kritten

PostSubject: Re: Listen to the words I say.   Listen to the words I say. EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 3:55 am

The sound of an annoyed man made Riley flinch to the point that she stood up once again. She had no clue that anyone was there and was already regretting that she chose that tree to sit by instead of all the other ones nearby. First being sentenced to an existence here and now this. Her father clearly must have researched this place to know that such a jerk lived here. He was probably one of those guys that assumed that she didn't live a troubled life because she was rich. The best thing would be for her to get away from him as fast as possible.

"Yes," she snorted turning her back towards the man and crossing her arms. She didn't want to deal with another man right at the moment. Blisters were already forming on her feet and she was tired of walking miles. Running around the city was nothing compared to hiking out her. Life was going to get really hard and she wasn't looking forward to it. "It's none of your concern though."
Back to top Go down
Eternal Silence
Admin
Admin
Eternal Silence

PostSubject: Re: Listen to the words I say.   Listen to the words I say. EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 4:04 am

Graham rolled his eyes. "Trust me," he retorted sharply, "I couldn't care less about your problems. In fact, right now, you are adding onto my problems, which I neither appreciate nor need. I have my own life to deal with and you're breathing my air. So if you're going to sit there and whine, I'd suggest that you pick up your pretty, pedicured little feet and go somewhere else. Preferably way over there," he said, pointing to the edge of the area, "but further away would be a better idea."

He was a little too harsh with her, he knew. But he was anything but patient, especially with his ghosts lingering around his head, and he was far from apologetic. Besides, she looked like she could use a reality check, and he suspected that she wasn't used to people who treated her anything less than a princess.
Back to top Go down
Kritten
Admin
Admin
Kritten

PostSubject: Re: Listen to the words I say.   Listen to the words I say. EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 4:17 am

"Stop acting like my dad," she hissed, clearly annoyed with the man's actions. His arguments were immature and lacked creativity, she had heard them her entire life and didn't care to hear them anymore from someone who didn't even realize that right now she had nothing. Her father took everything away from her all because she wanted to make clothing instead of selling sports cars and viewing stocks. Right now she was setting up her dream and she didn't want anyone reminding her of back home. Already she felt like she hated this cursed town.

"Don't worry I'm already leaving," she said shortly as she dusted herself off. "Sorry for running into you. Maybe you should be smart and sit where people can actually see you? Then people wouldn't have the misfortune of running into you."

With that she stormed farther away from him, where she could turn around and not see him. By then she still was angry and felt skipping the break she had. So what if she wouldn't be able to walk for days. First thing first she had to take off her shoes. Stepping out of her heels she unveiled blistered covered feet, just the look of them sent a shiver down her spine. The ground felt cool to her feet, but it probably was the best idea to expose these kinds of wounds to the dirt. She'd have a doctor look at it later, once she raised enough money to see one.
Back to top Go down
Eternal Silence
Admin
Admin
Eternal Silence

PostSubject: Re: Listen to the words I say.   Listen to the words I say. EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 4:25 am

Graham rolled his eyes. "Wow, what an inspired comeback. Telling me to stop acting like someone I've never met, someone who's only misstep was putting you in your place, most likely, for one, makes you look like a spoiled, self-centered brat. Which I've already gathered that you were considering your offensively garish garb. Have you not noticed that we're in the dead center, of Hicksville, Nowhere?" He paused for a minute, seething. She had placed herself in a very bad situation; Graham was not one to cross when he was in as foul a mood as he was that moment.

"Also, your logic is inspired. To avoid people, I should place myself in a location where people will have no choice but to see me, so they can avoid me. You're stupid. Unlike you, I actually don't care to be seen. You are making a spectacle of yourself with those clothes and, honestly, your pathetic ploy for attention is just sad, and it's not going to make anyone here like you any more. Trust me."

As she retreated, he yelled after her, with a satisfied smirk with anger twisted at the corners, "And get more comfortable shoes!"
Back to top Go down
Kritten
Admin
Admin
Kritten

PostSubject: Re: Listen to the words I say.   Listen to the words I say. EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 4:32 am

Riley was going to make it her goal to stay at least twenty meters away from this jerk. Just another guy like her father who only cared about themselves and didn't understand. If it were up to her she probably wouldn't be coming to town dressed like this, but she was kicked out without a change of clothes. To be honest she was dressed like this for the whole trip over here. Hopefully, her message got to her mother about a living space at the very least. She knew she couldn't ask her father for such a 'luxury' as a place to stay anymore.

So she walked with her atrocious looking feet to the entrance of Mineral Town, hopefully a good distance from the jerk she just met.

[End of topic?]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Listen to the words I say.   Listen to the words I say. Empty

Back to top Go down

Listen to the words I say.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Harvest Dreams :: Harvest Worlds :: Harvest Moon Towns :: Mineral Town-
Jump to: