AuthorMessage
LatteCurlz
Fledging Farmer
Fledging Farmer
LatteCurlz

Female Number of posts : 137
Roleplay Name : Nastasha Varient

Of Ponds and Valleys (Open to All) Empty
PostSubject: Of Ponds and Valleys (Open to All)   Of Ponds and Valleys (Open to All) EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 10:38 pm

It was safe to say that Nastasha's day had started out in a very dull way. There was nothing to do and she had absolutely no drive to work on her story today. So when she found out about the little rural area not far from Mineral Town, she decided to fill her day with the ever so welcomed sense of newness. Now here she was, standing in awe at the community before her. Some villagers were out and working at their jobs, so she supposed she would introduce herself to others at a not-so-busy time.
When she gave another sweeping glance at the scenery before her eyes, her lips started to form into what could only be described as a boyish grin.

All right! I might just get some inspiration after all! She exclaimed in excitement with a fist pump.

She then hurried down the trail with her art case slung over her shoulder until she came upon an open space not too far from a swampy area that had a great view of the residential area. By the time her mind was giving the order, her body had already set to work in getting cozy on the grass and supplying her sketch pad from her art case, drawing the country-side homes with as much steady grace as her hand could provide.

Last edited by LatteCurlz on Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/~lattecurlz
Bakyura
Fledging Farmer
Fledging Farmer
Bakyura

Male Number of posts : 65
Roleplay Name : Mazie Addison

PostSubject: Re: Of Ponds and Valleys (Open to All)   Of Ponds and Valleys (Open to All) EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 11:07 pm

The weather was sunny and warm--a truly beautiful day in the valley once again, though Mazie found she had nothing more to do. The valley was small, and there was only so much exploring that one could do before running out of things to try. And Mazie had tried just about everything that there was to do in the valley.

She had been previously walking the beach, perhaps scouting a place to rest and take a nap, but she had been entranced by the waves far too much to nap. The way the sunlight glittered off the rolling waves filled her eyes with delightful sparkles. Instead, she'd spent the whole morning splashing around up to her knees in salty fish water. But that only entertained the cheerful girl for so long before she had to move on and find something else to occupy her afternoon.

Mazie hated waking up too early because it meant her days would be so much harder to fulfill while staying in Forget-Me-Not Valley, but she would never miss a chance to catch Ruby's wonderful breakfasts served at the Inn. Sometime soon, she would find it in her heart to venture outside of the valley again.

She would be much more mindful of forests, though.

Upon putting her shoes back on and heading back up the beach, the girl noticed someone sitting within the grass just a ways up the slope. Without holding back, she ran towards the girl with mahogany-tinted hair and called out to her. "Good afternoon!" Mazie wore her friendliest, most excited smile. "Whatcha doing there? You don't seem familiar--are you from around here? I don't think we've ever met before, right? I'm Mazie Addison, but the people around the valley just call me Maze!"
Back to top Go down
LatteCurlz
Fledging Farmer
Fledging Farmer
LatteCurlz

PostSubject: Re: Of Ponds and Valleys (Open to All)   Of Ponds and Valleys (Open to All) EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 11:27 pm

This line should be much broader than the rest, and this one a little fainter- Nastasha muttered as she sketched away in deep concentration.
The sudden sound of a girl's peppy voice broke he thoughts and her hand waved only slightly down her paper as she looked up in surprise.

The girl had hair that was nearly similar to her own, though much more beautiful in Nastasha's opinion as it was a bit brighter in shade and happened to be much longer with more shine. Her eyes were almost like the color of the orange sunset. In short, the girl was very pretty.

She glanced from the girl to her paper, noting the tiny mistake. On a normal day, she'd probably have been irritated with the interruption; however, seeing that today was a lazy day and she was itching for conversation, she thought that it would be best to feel relieved by the sudden company.

She gave a grin to her sketch while trying to recall the questions the girl bombarded her with.

I'm here for some inspiration I guess you could say. So, I was drawing the houses. She explained as she looked back up at the Mazie.

Nastasha Varient's my name. I think I like your name more though, it has more personality. She said a she shook a part of her hair back in place, the wind had whipped it into her face.

Back to top Go down
Bakyura
Fledging Farmer
Fledging Farmer
Bakyura

PostSubject: Re: Of Ponds and Valleys (Open to All)   Of Ponds and Valleys (Open to All) EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 11:45 pm

With closer inspection, it became apparent to Mazie that the girl was, indeed, sketching out a picture. Perhaps it was the scene before her--it was a beautiful view, that was true enough. The Inn, the Bar, the few houses scattered here and there and the well. There was also the scientist's house, and off to the far side, the house of the musician. And in the summer time, the trees shone a vibrant and lively shade of green as they absorbed nutrients from the sunlight.

"Inspiration? So, you're an artist, then," the girl concluded, taking note of the work she was currently fixing up. It wasn't much yet, but of course, why would it be? It seemed like she was just beginning her works and Mazie didn't think being an artist was an easy job. Though it looked like it could be a lot of fun. "The houses around the valley are really beautiful, though. I can completely understand how you might find inspiration in them."

And the people, too.

But that was a different story, Mazie decided with a smile. Without asking, she plopped herself down next to the girl who introduced herself as Nastasha Varient and rested back on her hands. "Nastasha, huh? I don't know what you're saying about my plain ol' name, but I think Nastasha carries quite a bit of personality, too. And with a name like Varient... are your parents artists, too? It sounds like an almost artsy surname, you know? Or maybe that's just me..."

Mazie laughed.
Back to top Go down
LatteCurlz
Fledging Farmer
Fledging Farmer
LatteCurlz

PostSubject: Re: Of Ponds and Valleys (Open to All)   Of Ponds and Valleys (Open to All) EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 12:08 am

The girl suddenly taking a spot by her startled Nastasha; but it wasn't unwelcome. She wasn't used to such a friendly disposition from a stranger.

"I'm an Artist of many varieties. My main art is writing. I want to be an author." She said, enjoying Mazie's curiosity.
Unfortunately, the mention of her parents gave brought a slight frown to her face, but quickly she replaced it with a smile and looked at the well that was a few yards away. It was very old looking, and she wondered if it was still used or if it was dried up altogether.

"No, they're more business than anything else. Though my last name is pretty artsy sounding. It makes me wonder what kind of people my ancestors were. By the way, I don't think your name is really all that plain. It reminds me of a cute little cartoon character!" She said with a huge grin and a laugh.

Back to top Go down
Bakyura
Fledging Farmer
Fledging Farmer
Bakyura

PostSubject: Re: Of Ponds and Valleys (Open to All)   Of Ponds and Valleys (Open to All) EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 12:28 am

"An artist of many varieties," Mazie repeated, and she smiled teasingly. "Varient is quite fitting after all, then!" It was a cheesy play on words, and quite an obvious one, but the cheerful girl found quite a bit of amusement in her own joke and she chuckled openly. "But I think writing is a cool way to express yourself... we often use language as a form of communication just in our daily lives, but to be able to paint a vivid picture through written words alone... That's a true art." Looking up towards the sky for a moment, admiring how blue and clear it was that afternoon, she totally missed the brief moment of displeasure that crossed through Nastasha.

Instead, she just listened as she spoke of her parents.

For someone like Nastasha, at a first glance, it seemed completely unlikely that they could just be the business type. Business types were typically classy, strict and formal. Nastasha didn't really seem the type--she sat in the grass without a care, was visiting a place like the valley, and her clothing showed no signs of being particularly wealthy. But Mazie decided something like that couldn't really be settled just on appearance alone.

After all, Mazie's own mother was a strict woman from money and with a good set of morals. She had a basic ideal set out for her only daughter which Maze had, obviously, failed to follow through to a T--the girl shook the idea from her mind. It didn't matter. Everyone was their own person, and she knew this better than anyone. They would grow up however they did, and there was nothing which could change that.

"So they're more classy folks, then. My mother's a lot like that, too. Elegant and formal, too up-tight to find the time to relax." The idea made Mazie laugh a little bit, and she flopped down into the grass. A playful smile spread quickly across her features as Nastasha rambled on about ancestory. It was a subject that Mazie didn't often think about, but the notion made her curious.

Looking towards the girl with a puzzled look, she questioned, "Really? It makes you think of a cartoon character?" But she was all smiles again as this idea, too, brought her a sort of joy. It made her happy, and the idea of it was really not too far fetched. Mazie was sometimes quite spontaneous, and she always overreacted to anything... perhaps in that sense, too, she was like a cartoon.

Her expressions and actions were, to say the least, very animated.

"Perhaps you're right. But if I was a part of a ficitional world, I wonder what kind of character I would be...? The hero? The anti-hero? Perhaps the hero's sidekick, or the best friend figure!"
Back to top Go down
LatteCurlz
Fledging Farmer
Fledging Farmer
LatteCurlz

PostSubject: Re: Of Ponds and Valleys (Open to All)   Of Ponds and Valleys (Open to All) EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 1:22 am

It took a moment, but when Nastasha got Mazie's pun she felt a funny grin reach her face. She kind of enjoyed subtle humor, no matter if it was a pun or something else. She never really thought of her name being so precise to her personality before.

What startled her the most was what Mazie said next though. It was almost like she just read her heart. In fact, she was so surprised that Nastasha didn't even reply back, instead, she looked on with interest at Mazie as she seemed to stare off into space. And, weirdly enough, she found herself sprawling out in the grass as well.

When Mazie spoke of her mother, Nastasha listened with a sense of empathy. Her parents weren't super rich classy like Mazie's mother sounded to be. But they were definitely too uptight. They had goals set for Nastasha that she failed to fulfill for them which is why she was here right now.

She looked up at the sky and was happy to hear Mazie laugh at her presumption of her being cartoon-like.

"The character you would be all depends on the story, Mazie. You just gotta find what kind of story you'd be in." She said, hoping that it made since like it did in her head.
Back to top Go down
Bakyura
Fledging Farmer
Fledging Farmer
Bakyura

PostSubject: Re: Of Ponds and Valleys (Open to All)   Of Ponds and Valleys (Open to All) EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 6:00 am

That bit of a grin was enough to warm Mazie right up - she knew her humor had reached Nastasha, and that was good enough for the eccentric young woman. She put faith in their friendship being a long-lasting one. It wasn't often that she met people who instantly got her sense of humor, so she knew this would be a fast friendship.

Plus, speaking with Nastasha felt so free and open. There was no need to hide anything or try to be anyone different. Nastasha - and in part, the setting, as well - made the girl feel right at home. It didn't feel like they had met for the first time just moments ago. Instead, it felt like Nastasha had been sharing her creative liberties with Mazie forever.

She liked it.

"Family can be troublesome," Mazie said sympathetically, almost as an afterthought to the silence. "But whatever you do, don't give up your creative outlook on life. I think you've got something that a lot of people would like to have. Something that you can't just bottle up or set aside for the sake of what your family wants from you." A smile appeared on her face. "That sounded really cheesy, didn't it?"

Moving her hands up behind her head, she looked up at the sky with Nastasha.

In that moment, the world felt like it was moving in slow motion. Like that warm, sunny afternoon could persist forever, just like this. The world was quiet, but serene; peaceful. It was comfortable. Mazie found she could see the world in a whole new light when she lied like this next to Nastasha. Even the clouds seemed to paint distinctive shapes to her eyes.

"Perhaps it would be an adventure...!" Mazie mused. "I came out here looking for something different, something exciting... Having grown up in the city, that kind of life gets boring fast, you know. And my mother thought that living in the country would be too slow-paced for someone like me, but even in a time like this... it doesn't feel slow-paced at all. I'm learning more about life with each day that I'm out here. That's something you just can't find in the city anymore."

She smiled brightly. "And there are lots of unique people, too! You wouldn't think it, but somehow... This life is a lot more exciting than the one in the city!"

"What brought you to Forget-Me-Not Valley, Nastasha? What's your story...?" Mazie turned her face, looking at the girl lying next to her. "I suppose the country is as good a place as any to find true inspiration for your artwork, though, right? So I can understand your wanting to be here artistically..."

Mazie rambled on nonchalantly to herself.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Of Ponds and Valleys (Open to All)   Of Ponds and Valleys (Open to All) Empty

Back to top Go down

Of Ponds and Valleys (Open to All)
Page 1 of 1