Harvest Dreams
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeForum and Role Play RulesPortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Holding on hope

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
RainbowMilly
Farmer
Farmer
RainbowMilly

Female Number of posts : 224
Roleplay Name : Jordan Summerfield.

Holding on hope Empty
PostSubject: Holding on hope   Holding on hope EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 6:19 am

I remember when the people stopped coming frequently. It happened slowly, then all at once. No one really. I still had hope, though. I knew that there could be dry patches of activity. So I came on every day, just to make sure any wayfaring stranger knew that there were still active members. The domain name changed. And then months passed by. The last person online was months and months ago. I began to give up hope. And eventually, every day turned to every week. Every week turned to every other week. Every month. And then soon I found myself giving up on it. 

But then I still come back to it, and I see a little flickering light in the distance. Others. I checked the archive. Read the posts. Others were here. here. I was numb with shock, but still joyful. And then as quickly as the few came, they disappeared again. And the same repeated itself. So now I am here, after a few months away again. Seeing that fragile, flickering light of hope. I really hope that this place can stay around. Because it really is disheartening seeing this place dead. But it's even worse when I think about it not being around anymore. 

So thank you. Thank you so much for coming. Even if it's not often. Even if you don't post anything. Just know that I notice. And know that I care. And I love each and every one of you. Thank you so much. I am so happy when I see signs of life in this place.
Back to top Go down
Bakyura
Fledging Farmer
Fledging Farmer
Bakyura

Male Number of posts : 65
Roleplay Name : Mazie Addison

Holding on hope Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holding on hope   Holding on hope EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 11:08 pm

Hey, Milly, don't be afraid - you're not alone! ~

I don't come by often, but I sometimes get that little reminder of, "Oh, hey, you know where I haven't checked in a while?"  And I come back here, just to see.  Just to remember.  I do wish that I had a way to remind myself every day to return, but I often forget since Harvest Dreams had fallen so far out of my daily places to visit.

And that, I think, is the greatest shame of all.  I don't know how many others have found this place under the new domain name, but I was so afraid when I thought the site had vanished for good.  Even if nobody comes by, even if nobody checks up anymore... I'm so glad that I have access - that you have access, that we have access to the old archive.  I mean, even if no one else comes by or posts here or there anymore, at least we can come back and review the memories ヾ(^∇^)

If this place ever does get off the ground again, though, I'd certainly be glad.  But for now, just being able to return and remember all of you, I'm more thankful than I could ever possibly be.

So thank you, too, for continuously returning to this place and pumping in a little bit of life each time that you do, Milly!  ~   

If there's anyone giving this place hope, it's you!
Back to top Go down
CarboMcoco
Farmer
Farmer
CarboMcoco

Female Number of posts : 462
Roleplay Name : Carly
Awards : Holding on hope Carbonov

Holding on hope Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holding on hope   Holding on hope EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 1:15 pm

I find myself checking back here every once in a while as well. Nice to see I'm not the only one.
Back to top Go down
http://carbomcoco.tumblr.com
Sponsored content

Holding on hope Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holding on hope   Holding on hope Empty

Back to top Go down

Holding on hope
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Harvest Dreams :: Harvest Dreams General :: General-
Jump to: