Harvest Dreams
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeForum and Role Play RulesPortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Peices of Akari

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
stephxluke
Farmer
Farmer
stephxluke

Female Number of posts : 804
Roleplay Name : Alex Addison Camp
Awards : Peices of Akari - Page 2 Stephxlukenov

Peices of Akari - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peices of Akari   Peices of Akari - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 6:03 pm

Okay, good *phew* I dunno- when I read the rules to this it says the stories all have to be G which scared me a little in what I posted. Good *nods*
Back to top Go down
clairexcliff
Hero
Hero
clairexcliff

Male Number of posts : 4687
Roleplay Name : Amando
2nd char:Roan

Awards : Peices of Akari - Page 2 Cliffnov

PostSubject: Re: Peices of Akari   Peices of Akari - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 5:49 am

oh..so you didn't read it..got ya!

but it's okay..i mean..lots of people are mature enough..
Back to top Go down
stephxluke
Farmer
Farmer
stephxluke

PostSubject: Re: Peices of Akari   Peices of Akari - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 12:47 am

To clairexcliff: yeah, I guess so... I was just being my paranoid self! On to Chapter 11!!!!! I'm having a BIIIIIIG Luke meltdown right now- worse than usual- and I need to find a super cute Luke outlet for my obsession! So, without further ado, here is Chapter 11!

Chapter 11
Not So Happy Holiday

I was staring at Luke with a confused expression. He had taken what I said to heart? He went ahead and asked his dad?! I didn't know how to answer his excited comment. I just stared at him, mortified and embarrassed.

"Umm... That’s, err, great Luke," I said, trying to sound enthusiastic.

"I know! I was so worried," he admitted.

"You were?" I asked.

Dale was eyeing us the whole time and then decided to leave. He took Bo's arm and led him to the bathroom, probably to clean the blood off his upper lip.

"Yeah," he said. "I was scared that..." he trailed off.

I took his hand and led him outside to the entrance of Praline Woods. There was a giant tree that had been growing there since Luke and I were five. We used to see who could climb it the fastest and we'd talk for hours at a time once we were in it.

"Climb this with me," I said and we reached the two branches that we used to sit on. "Now," I started once we were settled, "Why were you scared?"

Luke blushed. "I didn't want to put a baby in you... We aren't married and we aren't even a couple- I didn't want you to go through all that...."

I knew he wasn't finished. "And?"

"And I didn't want the baby to have an idiot father..." he muttered.

I laughed a little. "You aren't an idiot Luke! Whatever gave you that idea?"

"I... I didn't know how to make a baby okay!" he said and started to climb back down the tree.

He was ashamed! I couldn't believe it! I had never taken him that seriously before. I never knew he was scared about the high possibility that he was reaching idioticy. He had reached it but it wasn't his fault. His father sheltered him, that was the only reason that he didn't know what sex was at his age. And he was actually ashamed of it!

"Luke!" I called and slid down the tree with him.

"Akari, please leave me alone..." he muttered and walked back towards his house.

"Luke," I said sternly and grabbed his arm. "Stop right now! You are not an idiot! Even if people call you one... You are smart in your own way. So what if you aren't Jin or, or even your dad? I love you just the way you are!"

I gasped and then clapped one hand over my mouth. Had I just told him I loved him? Well, yes, but he didn't take it that way did he? He froze and I was sure my eyes showed that I was painfully scared.

"You love me the way I am?" he asked.

I sighed and nodded. "Yes, I wouldn't want you any other way..."

"Okay good! Phew, I thought you were confessing! That scared me... Wow, I don't know how I would've answered to that!" Luke said and he started to laugh. He started to laugh!

"Why are you laughing? So what if I did mean it that way?" I asked, almost hurt.

"You in love with me? Ha! I'd much rather have you tell me you actually are pregnant!" he said and then stopped abruptly. "You aren't though, are you?"

"No," I said, shaking my head and smirking at his antics. Yes, he was an idiot- but he cared and that was enough for me.

"Good..." he said and then took my hand and locked his fingers with mine. He started to swing his arm and I gave him a weird look. "What- you've never seen kids do this before?"

"Yeah, when they're kids!" I teased. "Or a couple..."

He let go and I blushed. "Well we aren't either of those so let’s move on!"

"What are you doing tonight?" I asked, trying to sound casual.

"Probably work... Nothing much... I'll torment Bo again, that sick little horrbile..." he started to curse under his breath and then added, "The only reason I know about... about that is because Bo told on me..."

"Sooo... Wouldn't you take that as a good thing?" I asked, laughing slightly.

"I dunno," he said, throwing up his arms and kicking a rock along the path. "Do you wanna stay for dinner Akari?"

"Me, really? No, I couldn't intrude!" I stuttered. I hadn't been expecting that comment. Yeah, I wanted to but it was so sudden and I didn't want to seem eager.

"No, it’s no problem. Pops loves you- you’re his best customer! And...." he stopped and I looked at him.

I knew what he was going to say next. Just like Luke's mother, his father also believed that we would make a great couple. He set us up on "dates" when we were littler to test our relationship. However, he seemed to start pulling us apart from each other. It seemed like what he had attempted failed in his eyes, so he gave up.

"He thinks we make a great couple?" I added.

He blushed. "Yeah... He's really embarrassing sometimes! It's like he's setting us up together and it's like we aren't getting to choose our own path..." He motioned a windy road with his hands.

I looked down at my boots. Luke was disappointed at the fact that we could be a couple. It was like his was blaming his dad for the chemistry that might be building between us.

"I suppose..." I said thoughtfully. "Although, he didn't stop me when I dated Chase."

Luke shuttered slightly. "He tried... Ah well, Chase was a stick in the mud! Besides, he let one awesome girl go."

I punched his arm playfully. "Stop it! Really, I'm not that awesome..."

Luke just smiled at me and nodded. We opened the front door to the carpentry and I inhaled- dinner was getting made! Dale loved spicy foods, Luke loved mayonnaise and spinach- dinner over at their house was different than any other place I've ever been.

Luke couldn't have cheese or yogurt but he could have milk, which opted a lot of foods out of the question. I had snuck some cheese into ravioli once and I pitied him after. I hadn't told him what I put in it, he assumed meat, and I think it took ages to clean out my bathroom afterwards.

"Smells good pops! Akari is gonna stay for dinner 'k?" Luke said, yelling into the kitchen.

"Alright." I heard Dale yell back. "Good to have you Akari."

"Good to be here," I said back and plopped down on the couch next to Luke.

He flipped on the TV and we started to watch the Waffle Island local news. We had special holidays on the island and I supposed a new one had just been made because the behind Ellie hearts were dancing around.

"Oh yes! Today is our Valentine's Festival! I know that back on the mainland it’s in the Spring but we are having it now! So, lets go to our kiss cam which has been randomly set up in the villagers houses!"

Luke laughed and we leaned forward towards the screen. First, it flashed Chase and Maya- who were arguing in the kitchen and Maya was holding out a strawberry shortcake. I could see why Chase didn't want to eat it. Then, I saw Kathy run into the room and grab the two by the arm.

She brought them back in front of the TV and they gasped. Chase shrugged and kissed Maya. Luke burst out in hysterical laughter and I shook my head. "How could anyone be that low and put a camera that was meant for kissing..."

"I think its funny!" Luke answered, shrugging slightly.

Dale brought out our spaghetti not long after Chase and Maya were done playing tongue tag and he set the plate down in front of us. "I hope that one giant plate is enough, someone over here didn't do the dishes."

Luke blushed sheepishly and we dug in. Luke's half was covered in spinach flakes and mine with parmesan cheese. We each made sure that we didn't touch the other's half. After a few more couples, who were boring to Luke because they were already married, a new image flashed on screen.

Luke choked a little and I stared at the screen in horror with one strand of noodle hanging out of my mouth. Luke and I were on! I looked back and him and he looked back at me. We were each blushing furiously and Luke took one long strand of spaghetti. I took the other half and stuck it in my mouth.

We each chewed our own end of the string until we were in kissing distance. I was sure the whole island was anxiously watching us. My face was burning as I felt his breath against my cheeks. I closed my eyes and the next thing I knew was a blur.

Bo had rushed in and was carrying a bat. He swung at the strategically located camera and broke it in half. Luke let out a sigh of relief and I held my breath. I finished off the spaghetti and slumped back down on the couch.

It was a minute of thanks and rejoicing on Luke's part and a minute of despair on mine. The kiss cam was cute and I almost wished we had played by the rules. So, I stood up, brushed myself off and said:

"Thank you for dinner..."

"Uh, you’re welcome..." Luke answered and I walked out the door.

Haha- I was feeling a little Lady and the Tramp if you know what I mean... The disney movie? Yeah.... I know you wanted them to kiss but I'm evil and I didn't allow it! Mwahahahahaha! Okay- next chapter= very soon.
Back to top Go down
clairexcliff
Hero
Hero
clairexcliff

PostSubject: Re: Peices of Akari   Peices of Akari - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 8:32 am

how funny..i liked the middle part..crack me up!
Back to top Go down
stephxluke
Farmer
Farmer
stephxluke

PostSubject: Re: Peices of Akari   Peices of Akari - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 2:33 am

Hehe, thanks clairexcliff! I feel very honored to have someone who reads and comments! (I also feel honored having people read it whether they hate it or not!) Drama!!!! This chapter is really BIG- it sets up the most dramatic chapter (chapter 13) and its very important! Okay, I'm gonna stop blabbing so you can read! Enjoy and comment please!

Chapter 12
Home Videos

“Akari!” I heard a voice call and I looked around to see who it was. Then I saw Kathy running towards me with a happy grin on her face. Oddly enough, people always seem to find me in Luke’s front yard.

“You and Luke are together now?” she asked and started to jump up and down in the air ecstatically.

“No, why do you think that?” I answered slowly and she stopped.

Pushing the blonde locks of hair that had escaped from her ponytail out of her face, she said, “Oh, I just assumed you were because you’re in his house at night and you two were on the kiss cam and the screen went blank... I just thought-”

“No,” I said again. Luke and I weren’t together…

“Well go back in there and get together!” Kathy said and ushered me towards the door of his house.

“All night?” I asked nervously. Luke and I, together all night? What excuse would I make up so he would let me stay with him?

Kathy nodded. “Just try it. You’re a smart girl with good ethics. He won’t try anything; he’s not smart enough to catch on.”

I sighed. I needed to be with Luke so what would one night do? Hopefully not making me explain to everyone how I conceived his child, I’ll tell you that. But maybe, maybe if something magical were to happen, we would have a child… No, I didn’t need that right now.

“Alright, I’ll do it. Seeya later Kathy,” I said and knocked on his front door with more courage than I had ever had in my life.

“Akari?” his familiar voice said.

“Um, I lost the key to my house and everyone else hasn’t opened their doors to me. I know it’s short notice but could I maybe- if it’s a possibility- if it’s not too much trouble of course-"

“Yeah, of course you can stay here,” he said and I sighed with relief. I stepped into his house and looked around, even though I had seen it more than a hundred times. Tonight was it; tonight I could find out if he loved me.

“Um, my room isn’t available to me so I’m gunna sleep on the couch,” he said and I noticed that he had laid out a blanket and pillow on the couch.

“What about me?” I asked casually.

“Where would you like?” he asked. Shoot, curse him for being a good house guest! Of course I wanted to sleep with him! But, I knew better and answered, “Um, anywhere but here.”

“Well, unfortunately, there was an incident in my room and its being fumigated… The couch is the last place we have…”

“Umm…” I trailed off. Yes! Score one for me!

“You can sleep here, uh, with me, I-I guess,” Luke stuttered. He was nervous? Is that a good sign or a bad sign?

“O-Okay,” I said and we both awkwardly sat on the couch.

“This couch sure is smaller than I thought,” I heard him whisper to himself- or maybe it was to me.

“Yeah,” I answered and shifted around nervously. He fidgeted with his shark tooth necklace and scratched the back of his neck embarrassedly.

“Uh, I’m gunna go change,” he said and slipped off to the downstairs bathroom. I breathed heavily. I had never been so nervous in my life! How was I going to sleep? I had to know what he thought of me!

When he returned, he was shirtless, wonderful! How was I supposed to act casual with him looking like that?! He sat back down and I noticed he was holding a DVD in his hands.

“What’s that?” I asked. It never hurt to strike up conversation in an awkward situation.

“Oh, do you want to watch it? It’s some home videos pops gave to me to pass the time when I was healing… I’ve never seen it so I thought now would be good,” Luke answered and popped the DVD into the DVD player.

The first scene was Luke as a baby. His eyes popped- yes, he was in the hospital as a newborn- naked. I chewed my fingernails in an attempt to try and prove to myself and to Luke that I hadn’t seen anything. He fast forwarded it and blushed.

The next scene was of me and him as little kids. I cocked my head to one side; there was no way that was me! I had long brown hair instead of my short stubbly messy hair that I sported now and I was wearing a pink bow.

“Whoa! Akari! You look so different!” Luke exclaimed and I nodded in a silent agreement. I could hear what we were saying on the video:

“Akari! Come over here and see what I can do!” a smaller version of Luke called to the smaller version of me.

“Okay!” I heard myself say as I skipped over to the tree that Luke was climbing. “Wow, you look awesome! Lemme try, lemme try!”

“Alright,” Luke said and he helped me up the tree.

“I can see everything from up here!” little me exclaimed. I then noticed something. I was gazing at him with the longing expression that I had now. Did I really have a crush on him then?

“What are you two losers doing?” I heard little Chase say. I had to laugh out loud. Even then he wore those three ridiculous barrettes in his hair!

The little me gasped. “Chasey? Luke you idiot why am I up in this tree?!” I exclaimed. Whoa- big mood swing!

Little Luke looked hurt but he put a smile on and said, “It’s okay Akari, go ahead and play with Chase… I’ll be fine!”

Luke paused the DVD for a moment and I looked at him. I really hurt him when I was little- and now… I never realized before. I faked the way I really was when I was around Chase but Luke- he accepted me anyway.

“Wow… I was really mean,” I said softly.

Luke shrugged. “I guess but you were in love with Chase. It’s fine.”

“I’ve been this way for awhile… It’s not fair to do to you,” I said and looked up at Luke.

“I don’t think I really cared much. Yeah, I would hurt for a little but I knew I’d be fine after. Nothing ever hurts me,” Luke said and looked away from me.

“I don’t think that’s entirely true.”

“Look, I-I never really told anyone this before but, I’m happy all the time so I don’t have to hurt. I block out all other emotions so I don’t have to feel the pain of love and hatred.”

“But you’re missing out. Even though sometimes I wish I could leave all that behind and be anyone that wasn’t me, I know that at the end of the day I have to still live with myself,” I said and put one hand on his shoulder.

“We’re being sappy, it’s weird…” Luke said and shut off the video.

“No it’s not,” I answered and half laughed to myself. Just when I thought I was getting somewhere, he backed down again.

“Look, I’m really tired…” Luke said and put his head on his pillow. “Goodnight Akari… I,” he paused, “I hope you have a good sleep…”

“Me too…” I said quietly. I watched him for a few minutes until I felt the tension of his restless, worn-out body, fall. He was asleep. Tonight didn’t go as planned, and frankly, I didn’t want to stay the night. Tonight, Luke told me something, something that changed the way I thought about him. Tonight, I was done. I gave up and stopped caring.

I didn’t care whether he loved me or not and I didn’t care what he thought. I didn’t want to deal with loving him secretly- I didn’t need this. But I did…

I looked down at his sleeping body and tried to lie down. Something didn’t feel right. I wanted to snuggle up to his chest and kiss him without him ever knowing but I couldn’t bring myself to do it. I was better than that… The desperate feeling I felt wasn’t me. I needed to block out this love for him… I needed to yet I didn’t want to.

I stood up and ran my fingers over his bare chest one time before silently picking up my things and leaving the carpenter asleep where he lay, completely unaware of the emotional state he was putting me through.

Drama llama Akari!!!! I would've stayed with Luke.... *coughcough* Anyway, next chapter= oober awesome drama llamaness!
Back to top Go down
clairexcliff
Hero
Hero
clairexcliff

PostSubject: Re: Peices of Akari   Peices of Akari - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 9:24 am

oh..how awesome!

now,i feel jealous maybe i make another fic again..
Back to top Go down
stephxluke
Farmer
Farmer
stephxluke

PostSubject: Re: Peices of Akari   Peices of Akari - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 12:03 am

Aww no need to feel jealous! I love your fics!!! But you can always write more- i'll totally read it! Okay- onto chapter 13! D.R.A.M.A is all I can say- and it made me feel sad to write so you'll probably like it people of the internet, friends, viewers, harvest moon addicts! Alright, here we go!

Chapter 13
Just Once

I barely slept last night. I couldn’t live with myself! I left Luke lying there and just walked out on him. Of course I hadn’t realized the lie I told would blow up in my face until now. He would know I never lost my house key!

I stood up, showered, and put on clean clothes. What did it matter? Luke didn’t love me and he proved that last night. I had to keep myself going though. I was strong enough to keep my love a secret and continue with farming. I wasn’t going to run from my fears just because one thing happened.

I opened the door and Luke was standing there. I rolled my eyes at his cheesy smile. “Hello, Luke,” I said blandly.

“Hey! What happened last night? Did you find your house key?” Luke asked and I sighed. Alright, time to lie to him… At least he was as stupid at believing lies as he was when it came to telling them.

“Yeah, it was in my bag,” I answered and showed him the key from my brown cloth rucksack.

“Oh, that’s good! Do you wanna come into town with me?” he asked.

“Not really,” I answered shortly and looked away from him.

“Why not?” he asked confused.

“Because I have a lot of work to do,” I lied. My yard was spotless! Everything was scarily clean and my animals were all fed and brushed.

“Why?”

“Because I’m a farmer,” I said and squeezed out the doorway without him grabbing me around my waste.

“Why?” he said again and followed me out to where all my summer crops were growing wonderfully.

“Because it’s my passion.”

“Why?”

“I don’t know! Luke, the answer will be a ‘no’ even if you ask me one thousand times!” I yelled and he backed down.

“Alright, seeya around Akari.” Luke said in defeat and I watched him walk down the dirt path, kicking a rock absently with his booted feet. I hurt him- again. No, he never hurt! He was always so happy and it made me so mad! Yet he wasn’t. He hid from everything- strangly, like I did.

“Wait!” I called but he was already gone. Goddess, that boy and his conflicting emotions! He’s almost as bad as me!

“Hey, Akari,” I heard someone call and I turned around to see Anissa running towards me.

“Hey,” I answered dully and kicked a rock that was in my crop field.

“What’s wrong?” she asked as her running came to a halt.

“Luke, that idiot!” I screamed.

Anissa gasped. “Oh, gosh! Kathy told me about you and him last night… Does he have small-”

“No! Err, I wouldn’t know… I left at around midnight because he was being all moody,” I answered and had to laugh at her questioning.

“Oh… wait- Luke was being moody? Hmm, I’m sorry! Things will get better! I heard Chase and Maya broke up today!”

“What?!” I said. I couldn’t help myself from being excited.

“Yeah, and he’s looking for you!” Anissa exclaimed and took my hand before running me to Waffle Town.

She was right- Chase and Maya did break up and he actually was looking for me! After everything that happened, he wanted me back! Or at least, I thought he did.

“Akari!” he called and my heart started to beat a mile a minute.

“Huh?” I asked hopefully.

“Do you know where Selena is?” he asked. My heart sank.

“Um, no, why?”

“I was gunna ask her out, that’s why! She’s so hot! I just had to tell you! Ha ha, eat your heart out Akari!”

My world was crashing around me. Everything was ending: Luke doesn’t love me. Chase wanted help me hook him up with Selena. I’m a mess and to top it all off, I’m not sure Luke and I are even friends!

“Luke?” I called out for him but no answer. I walked down to the beach over to his secret oasis and I found him. He was looking down at a picture and whispering to it.

“I’m so sorry mom… I can’t do it anymore! I know you told me that I had to stay strong for you but I can’t… Akari is killing me inside and I’m not sure what to say to her! If- if I tell her I care about her she could either slap me again or take it as far as love…”

“Luke?” I said again. Wow, I had heard everything! He was talking to a picture of his mom for one thing… But he said he cared about me! What was I suppose to make of that?

“Oh, hey Akari!” he said in a surgery sweet voice- coated in a big bundle of hurt and lies.

“We need to talk,” I said and sat down beside him. “Look, we’re both hurting about something- something we don’t want to admit to each other and right now, I’ll probably regret telling you this but, I really care for you. Everything you’re going through right now, so am I- just ten times worse. I’m not asking for some sweet apology how everything is fine because guess what? It’s not and it won’t ever be until we fix whatever it is that’s causing this hurt.”

“Akari, we aren’t a couple but we are friends and I’m not ready to give that up,” Luke answered and turned away from me.

I couldn’t take it. All the hurt was killing both of us. Maybe- maybe if I were to end something with him, end it forever, then maybe- just maybe, I could sleep at night. Maybe- just maybe, I could forget about him and love life for once. Maybe forgetting and running would work, just this once, for me. I deserved it didn’t I? I fell in love with someone that didn’t love me back… Someone that never thought of me as anything. But that wasn’t true, he did feel something. Just not enough to make me stay.

But I couldn’t forget him… I loved him!

“Maybe I am,” I said finally and his eyes grew wide.

“Wait- what?”

“Luke, I’m tired of feeling this way. I’m tired of having my throat swell from unwanted words and I’m tired of hiding tears behind a lie that I can’t keep anymore. It’s killing me! It’s killing us! Maybe, maybe if we stop right now, we can block out our hurt.”

“You said blocking out emotions isn’t good,”

I could feel hot tears streaming down my cheeks. This was harder than I thought and I was letting him slip through my fingers. “I know, but it’s what I need right now… I can’t deal with this anymore.”

“Alright, Akari, just for the record, I care about you too. I’d never do anything on purpose to hurt you so I’ll let you go,” Luke said and he stood up. I watched him walk and I knew I couldn’t let him go without one thing.

I ran over to him and kicked off my shoes before kissing him gently and passionately. He seemed surprised but he lifted me up and spun me around. Before I knew it, I had slipped my tongue into his mouth and his was in mine, just once. Just to feel him once. It was a lonely kiss, a kiss that I knew wouldn’t last. One I knew our friendship couldn’t withstand.

I released him and he said quietly, “Akari, I don’t understand.”

“I needed that, just once,” I breathed and walked away from him.

That was it, the kiss that would linger on my lips forever. No matter how many kisses I gave or received, they would never amount to the lonely goodbye kiss I gave Luke.

Okay- so, me thinks that that is the climax to the story! Is it? Oh well, if its not then it is a turning point- we're more than halfway finished I think. But that could change- who knows where my muse will take me?!
Back to top Go down
stephxluke
Farmer
Farmer
stephxluke

PostSubject: Re: Peices of Akari   Peices of Akari - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 2:21 am

Alright, I'm feeling very Luke-ish right now (all thanks to Eternal Silence Very Happy ) so I decided to write chapter 14. So, Akari and Luke aren't in a very good position right now are they? Poor Akari... If I had to go through that... well lets just say that I wouldnt be very cheerful.... Okay, please comment and enjoy!!! By the way- I used different persons- like parts were a narrative from Akari's side and parts were third person to tell how Luke was feeling without Akari narrating.

Chapter 14
My Pathetic Excuses

I couldn’t do it… I hadn’t left my yard for at least two days. I stopped counting. I thought that maybe leaving Luke forever would heal me but it didn’t. I still hurt, even worse than usual. It didn’t make any sense! I was about to through myself in Dr. Jin’s office and insist that he rip out my heart so I wouldn’t have to feel anymore.

I heard a knock on my door and I opened it, hoping it wasn’t Luke. To my surprise, it was Dale! I pretended to fumble around with things inside my house and he just looked at me.

“Oh, um, can we talk another time, sir?” I asked. I didn’t want to talk to him about Luke…

“No,” he answered shortly and I let him inside my house. It was very awkward as he tried to squeeze his fairly heavy body into my petite low-to-the-ground chairs. “Look,” he started, “Luke can’t deal with this anymore. Akari, I’ve never seen him so upset. He won’t sleep, he barely eats anything and he refuses to talk to anyone.”

“Why is this my fault?” I asked, assuming Luke hadn’t told him anything.

“He was fine until he saw you yesterday,” Dale answered shortly.

“Luke and I are fine. I have nothing to do with the fact that’s he all depressed or whatever is going on with him. Maybe its hormones.”

“Hmm? No, Luke passed that phase years ago!” Dale argued. Somehow, I don’t think he had. Dale scratched his beard in confusion.

“You never know…” I muttered.

“Well, Akari, do you know anything that could’ve caused this?”

Luke rolled over onto his side and pulled his bed sheets over his head. Maybe, maybe if he were able to prove to himself that he and Akari were still friends, then maybe he could finally eat. He was so starving but he couldn’t eat without his stomach doing a back flip.

“Okay, Luke, get a hold of yourself. Why do you even feel this way about Akari? Close your eyes- breathe in and breathe out,” Luke whispered to himself. Maybe if he just lay there, he would lose himself in a dream forever. Then he might be able to tell the dream Akari how he really feels about her.

But he knew better, reality was closing in and he was losing Akari. He lost her because of his idiotic mistakes. He never stopped to realize that maybe something was building between the two of them. Maybe if he had slowed down for a moment, he could’ve seen how much Akari was hurting.

Maybe he could’ve seen how much Akari needed him. Maybe... he could’ve realized that he needed her too… And yes, he did need her- now more than ever. His complete lack of common sense that Akari could’ve loved him had caused him to lose her. And now, he didn’t know how to get her back.

“No, I don’t know what could’ve caused it,” I lied. I had caused it… Just because I was stupid. No, I was smart. If Luke wanted to be clueless than I didn’t need him. Maybe I could find love on the island elsewhere.

That wasn’t a possibility… I loved Luke with my whole heart. But maybe I could learn to love someone else, someone that loved me back. Luke and I would remain distant, and then one day he’d seem like just a memory.

“Alright, well, something is obviously wrong with you too today so I’ll leave you be. Oh, and Akari, just so you know and I hope this doesn’t change anything, last night, Luke called for you in his sleep,” Dale said and got up and walked out of my house.

“Kathy, I just don’t understand!” I said and I clunked my martini glass on the table in frustration.

“What, sweetie? That Luke loves you too but is too afraid to admit it?”

“I never said that,” I answered and then hiccupped. How many drinks had I had? Three, four, no, I stopped counting after five.

“Did it ever occur to you that he loved you back?” Kathy asked and leaned her elbow on the table after sliding another glass towards me.
“No, he doesn’t…”

“But you said that he still wanted to be friends… Isn’t that enough? You didn’t have to tell him you didn’t want anything to do with him.”

“Yes I did! Kathy, you don’t know what it’s like to love someone that doesn’t love you back,” I said as I laid my head on the table.

Kathy glanced over at Owen who was sipping a beer and chatting with Toby.
“You wanna bet?”

“Whatever,” I said and sighed. “I’m going home… I’ll see you tomorrow, maybe.”

“Alright,” Kathy said and smiled at me with the upmost sympathy.

I didn’t smile back and I trudged through the dirt and grass before going back to my house. I opened the door and walked over to my bed before sitting down and staring down at my feet in frustration.

This wasn’t fair! I hadn’t seen Luke in over four days- I think. It felt like a year. I couldn’t deal with it! Why should I be in so much pain? I left him for good; I left him so I wouldn’t hurt anymore. Now, I was hurting more than I ever had.

“Luke? Open this door!” Kathy said as she pounded on the door to Luke’s bedroom.

“No! Go away Kathy, I don’t want to talk to you!” Luke yelled back from underneath his pillow.

“It’s about Akari!” Kathy called and she could hear the creaking of Luke’s bed springs- he was getting up.

He opened the door a few seconds later and Kathy’s eyes popped. He looked horrible! He had dark rings around his eyes from lack of sleep and his hair was messier than she had ever seen it. His bandana was half sliding off his head and his face lacked the happy aura that usually shined brighter than anything else about him.

“What about Akari? Is she okay?” Luke asked hastily. He really cares for her. Kathy thought.

“In a word, no,” Kathy said and looked down at her cowgirl boots with a sad expression.

“What’s wrong with her?” Luke asked. Kathy slapped her hand to her forehead in aggravation.

“It’s because of you!”

“Me?”

“Yes! It always has been! It was never about Chase or any other boy she had a crush on! Luke, it’s always been about you. She just never had the guts to admit it,” Kathy said quietly. Sure, she had just spilled Akari’s secret, but Akari gave up her life because of him.

“Wait, like love?” Luke asked. His expression was almost hopeful.

Kathy didn’t know whether she should answer or not. Answering would mean completely giving up Akari’s secret and what kind of friend would she be? Then again, maybe Akari’s life would improve if she told.

“Before I answer,” Kathy said slowly, “I need to know. Do you love her too?”

Ha, shocker right? We probably all know the answer to Kathy's question! But the question still remains: "How is steph gonna make this happen?" I know, but I'm not telling! Mwahahahaha! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
clairexcliff
Hero
Hero
clairexcliff

PostSubject: Re: Peices of Akari   Peices of Akari - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 9:10 am

don't worry i add if i get the time..
Back to top Go down
stephxluke
Farmer
Farmer
stephxluke

PostSubject: Re: Peices of Akari   Peices of Akari - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 18, 2009 2:51 am

Ok good you had me sweating for awhile there! Haha! Onto Chapter 15!!!!! Huzzah! We've come so far- I never expected to finish this but I've got Luke adrenaline a lot (wow, seriously steph? Luke adrenaline?) recently so here we go again!!!! This chapter is the same- skipping from Akari's P.O.V to 3rd person. Enjoy and comment/review please! Very Happy

Chapter 15
Luke's Decision

Luke looked at Kathy with soulful eyes and answered, “I don’t know. I’m honestly not sure what love is.”

“Then ask your dad and tell me. Akari can’t wait anymore. She’s withering away to nothing,” Kathy answered and started to walk away.

“Wait! I can’t ask my dad!” Luke called.

Kathy spun around and answered. “Do it- or you might lose Akari forever.”

“B-but Kathy!” Luke protested. He was no good when it came to arguing.

Kathy didn’t give him another thought and walked out of the carpentry shop- fully aware that Luke wasn’t going to do what she said. Or would he? He was a very surprising human and maybe, if it actually turned out that he loved Akari, he would listen to Kathy’s advice.

“Alright, Luke, get a hold of yourself! Think! Goddess, thinking is harder than I thought!” Luke said as he pounded his fist on the bathroom sink. He always did his deepest thinking in the bathroom- what else are you supposed to do in there?- and he always got his best ideas in there. Maybe it would help him this time.

“Akari, does she love me? Kathy never said… Okay, if she does, than do I? If she doesn’t, than why is she so upset with me?” He started to pace back and forth on the cool tile.

He then heard a knock at the door. “Luke? Are you alright in there?”

“Um, yeah. Just, err, thinking…” Luke answered and knew that that was a stupid thing to tell his dad.

“You’re thinking? Okay then… Hurry up!” Dale yelled and pounded harder on the bathroom door. Luke could hear the crinkling of a newspaper in his hand as he knocked.

“Go use the one downstairs!” Luke yelled back.

“Okay, I will, but you’ve got to promise me you’ll talk to me if something’s bothering you,” Dale said and Luke could hear his footsteps slowly fading away.

“Now where was I? Oh yeah, do I love Akari?” Luke said and started to pace again, one hand slapped to his forehead, the other in his pocket.

Akari- she was beautiful and smart. She always knew what to say to cheer him up. And most importantly, the two kisses they shared were the best in his life! If kissing was a way to determine love, then Akari had that in the bag. If it wasn’t, Akari had everything else in the bag.

Luke turned around and looked in the mirror. He face was beat red! Yes, he was thinking about Akari again. What did that mean? Was it love that caused his face to turn red? Was it love that caused it heart to beat a mile a minute whenever he saw her? And most importantly, was it because of love that made Akari drive herself away from him?

He turned on the sink and splashed his face with the cool water. He had made his decision. However, telling Akari was another matter.

I was walking into town, like I normally did every Tuesday, and I noticed someone. It happened to be someone I thought I would never see again- or at least, hoped to never see again.

“Akari!” he called and I ran towards him despite of my conscience telling me not to.

“Yes?” I asked hopefully. Maybe, everything would change now.

To my surprise, he bent down on one knee! I was completely shaken! Was it a proposal? Sure enough, he reached into his back pocket and pulled out a blue feather! It was a marriage proposal!

“Akari, it’s taken me long enough to realize that I love you and I want to spend the rest of my life with you!”

“I-I don’t know what to say…” I stuttered. There he was, holding out the passage to my future! A future that I wasn’t entirely sure of yet…

“Say yes!” he pleaded with me.

“Akari! Akari! I-” someone else ran up behind me as I took the feather from Chase’s hands.

I ignored whoever it was and embraced my new fiancé in the kiss of a life time. However, as I kissed him, it was nothing compared to what Luke and I had. No, I was done with Luke, done forever. So now, this was the best kiss ever!

“I love you…” Luke whispered and crumpled up the note he was holding, completely and totally crushed.

After Chase and I were finished, I turned around to see who had called my name. No one was there. How long had we been kissing? It didn’t seem that long. Maybe it was disgusting so whoever it was left.

“Who are you looking for?” Chase asked and I looked back at him with a confused expression.

“I could’ve sworn I heard someone call my name…” I answered and looked around again.

“I didn’t see anyone,” Chase said, he looked somewhat cross. I shook the thought off and he continued. “Now, wedding details- when should it be held?”

“I think a week. It’ll give Candace and Luna enough time to make my dress. And enough time for you to buy a super sexy tuxedo.”

Chase winked at me and I blushed furiously. He kissed me one more time before leaving me and walking back into the Sundae Inn.

Wow, I was getting married in a week! There was so much to do- flowers, my dress, invitations, the maid of honor and the bridesmaids! I needed to get started! Still, my thoughts were pulled away to the mystery person calling my name.

Luke- what if it was him? What if he loved me too? What if, what if I just threw everything that I worked so hard on away?! No, it couldn’t have been him!

Suddenly, a piece of paper hit me right in the face! I pulled it off in shock and opened it. The writing looked like it was done in a hurry and my eyes jetted down to the name scribbled at the bottom of the note. For one thing, it was addressed to me, for another, it was from Luke.

[b]It was a shorter chapter but it was a filler! DUN DUN DUNNNNN! Chase and Akari? I bet you didn't see that coming! Haha, I'm such a tricky writer! Next chapter will come soon so don't fret! (wow, someone thinks people love her story a lot!b]

Last edited by stephxluke on Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:56 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling errors.... :p)
Back to top Go down
clairexcliff
Hero
Hero
clairexcliff

PostSubject: Re: Peices of Akari   Peices of Akari - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 18, 2009 3:27 am

haha..good one!
Back to top Go down
stephxluke
Farmer
Farmer
stephxluke

PostSubject: Re: Peices of Akari   Peices of Akari - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 8:53 pm

Another chapter!!!!! Yea!!!! I've been busy this weekend with the epic football battle between the Bears and the Steelers (trying to figure out a dare between my two friends depending on who wins the game today) and having a birthday party for my brother! But here it is!!! Hope you like it- its depressing right now huh? Yeah- but I promise it'll get better! Okay, enjoy and comment because, like always, they are appriciated.

Chapter 16
The Note

Dear Akari,
I’m writing this letter because it’s easier than saying it. I was a fool, I was wrong. I never stopped to think that something was happening between us. I’m no good at sappy letters so I hope this explains the way I feel- good enough to make you and I friends again. Or more than friends, something I was unsure of until now.
I was completely aloof to what ‘love’ was. I never really cared about it that much. I figured it would just happen. I figured that I didn’t have to look for it and I didn’t have to care or try.
That’s not what love is. Love isn’t made by just one person, but two. You know that and now so do I. Akari, I never felt this way about anyone before. If I ever were to actually tell you, it would sound stupid. Like I said before, writing is easier.
So, I hope you’ve read this far because these words are going to hopefully change everything for the better. Akari, I love you. I just never realized it until now.
I’m sorry for everything I put you through, please forgive me. I’m sure we can’t be friends now, but let’s try being a couple! And then maybe, if it works out, we can start a family! But only if it works…
You’re Awesome! Love,
-Luke

I read through it… Luke- he loved me! And now, now I gave my heart away… I wasn’t even sure I loved Chase. I didn’t love Chase… I just figured that if Luke and I weren’t meant to be, I was meant to still have a happy life.

But life wasn’t happy if Luke wasn’t in it. Now, in a week, I had to walk down an aisle, in a beautiful wedding dress, and give the kiss of eternal togetherness to a man that I didn’t even love- didn’t ever love.

Luke rushed back into his house and slammed the door in fury and sheer sadness. He locked it and slumped down in a heap. He buried his face in his hands and for the first time in years, he started to cry.

“Luke? Luke!” Dale called and ran over to his son. Luke was sobbing quietly.

“Go away dad, I’m fine,” Luke yelled with a muffled voice.

“Obviously not,” Dale answered and placed a big, rough hand on Luke’s back. He rubbed it- trying to be the gentle parent for once.

Luke looked up at his dad- his eyes puffy and red- and he whispered, “My life is over… I went to- to tell Akari that I-I that I…” A rush of tears came and silenced Luke. He tried to wipe them away with his gloved hand and it left dirt streaks down his cheeks.

“To tell her what?”

“That I-I-I love h-her,” Luke answered and he buried his head in his knees again.

“You love Akari?” Dale asked. This was news to him!

“Yeah… And when I went t-to tell her, she was with- with Ch-Chase and h-he was holding a b-blu-blue feather!”

“Blue feather? Marriage?!”

“Yeah, and- and she accepted it dad! She’s getting married! I-I lost her!”

“Kathy! I can’t believe it…” I said and shook my head. Lately, Kathy has been my best friend, comforter, and now guidance counselor.

“Sweetie, if you don’t want to marry Chase just call the wedding off!” Kathy answered simply. If only I’d thought of that!

“Yeah, then I’d break Chase’s heart! Luke’s is probably already split into a million pieces and it’s all my fault!” I said and banged my head on the table. I cursed under my breath- that had actually hurt my head!

“Akari, life is the way you want it. It’s what makes you happy. If you love Luke, then stop the wedding and if you love Chase, get married in a week!” Kathy suggested simply.

Of course, it was simple to her. “It’s not that easy… Alright look, it took Luke long enough to say, you know, what he said and Chase and I have been dating on and off for years! I think that I made the right decision,” I said proudly.

Kathy shrugged and picked up a dirty plate from the rack of dirty dishes and started to clean it with a rag. “If that’s what you want.”

Then, Anissa ran inside, panting and soaking wet. I guess it started to rain a few hours ago… “Akari! Kathy! It’s Luke… He’s…”

“What?! He’s what Anissa?!” I asked urgently.

“Ha, gotcha!” Anissa said triumphantly and pumped her fist into the air. I let out the breath I was holding in haughtily.

“Why did you do that?” Kathy asked.

“Because, my little brother Taylor said I couldn’t prank anyone and I did!” Anissa answered.

I got off the bar stool and walked out the door into the freezing rain. I had to see Luke. Even if Anissa said it was a mere joke, I couldn’t help but think that in some weird way, she had predicted the present.

I knocked on the front door of the Carpentry and stood back, shivering from the cold and feeling completely sick to my stomach from fear.

Bo opened the door and said, “Hey, Akari! Congratulations! Oh- Luke already knows you’re getting married so you don’t have to tell him.”

“Yeah, I know. I came to see him,” I said and took a step inside.

Bo held me back. “Sorry Akari, he’s not seeing anyone right now.”

“But he’s got to see me! This is important!” I said, my voice taking on the tone of a whine. I pushed him aside and walked into the house.

I didn’t see Luke so I figured I’d check upstairs. Maybe he was in his room. I ran up the stairs as quietly as I could, skipping every two stairs along the way.

“Luke?” I said as I knocked on his bedroom door.

I heard him from behind the door. He was shuffling around in his room. I heard something brake- something glass- and I heard him curse. However, he opened the door.

I took a step back in shock. His eyes were puffy and swollen. He didn’t even look like the Luke I knew! He had finally let himself go and cry for once and it was all my fault!

“Hey,” I said sheepishly.

“Yo,” he muttered and glanced down at my hand.

I slipped my engagement ring on my finger and placed it in my pocket out of embarrassment. “Are you okay?”
“Depends… Did you get my note?” he asked.

I bit my lip and nodded. “Why didn’t you just tell me?”

“Because, I wasn’t sure how I felt about you. We weren’t friends anymore Akari, it was over. I didn’t want to bring that on you.”

“But you knew how I felt,” I said.

He shook his head. “No, you never told me anything. You just exploded one day and that was the end. Its fine, c-congratulations.” He rubbed his reddened eye- I guessed it was from lack of sleep.

He started to walk away and I grabbed his hand and pulled him towards me. “L-Luke…” I started and he stopped me.

“Don’t say anything Akari. I guess this is goodbye then… Um, good luck with your future and everything,” he said and shook my grasp loose before closing the door in my face.

“I love you…” I whispered and walked away.

Luke took his pressed ear from the door and slumped down onto his bedroom floor again. I’m so stupid! I let her go again… I can’t let her marry Chase!

Wow- drama!! Poor Lukie! Don't you just want to give him a hug and tell him that everything's gonna be okay? I know I do! Alright, the next chapter will come soon!

Last edited by stephxluke on Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:54 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot to add the chapter and the chapter name)
Back to top Go down
clairexcliff
Hero
Hero
clairexcliff

PostSubject: Re: Peices of Akari   Peices of Akari - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 12:53 am

oh..how fun!
Back to top Go down
stephxluke
Farmer
Farmer
stephxluke

PostSubject: Re: Peices of Akari   Peices of Akari - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 1:56 am

Onto Chapter 17!!!! I'm just gonna let you read it and not give this big 'ol speech. Enjoy and comment please!!!!

Chapter 17
Second Thoughts

I was sitting in my room the morning before my wedding, examining the blue ring that shined so brightly on my finger. I was having second thoughts. But I didn’t want to ruin things between Chase and I. Yeah, I was still deeply in love with Luke- but Chase and I were finally fine again.

The ‘love’ factor was killing me! Why did stupid things like that even exist if it didn’t make you happy! It was probably on my list of top hated emotions. Sure, it was fine while it lasted but once you get past all the kisses and flowers and sweet words- what was left? For me, it was a big pit of anger and frustration.

Chase- he was just so sweet towards me. Yeah, he broke my heart and left me for Maya but I forgave him. He could cook, he was rather adorable, and my heart fluttered whenever I was around him. He wasn’t immature and he understood life in a perspective that Luke didn’t.

And Luke- he was funny. He was friendly to everyone and he accepted everyone for who they were. He never judged unless he had a perfectly good reason to. Then again, he never paid attention to the difference between boys and girls- that wasn’t a good thing. But I loved him nonetheless! He had a view of life like no one else I knew. He saw things the way a child would see them- innocent and beautiful. A perspective that I enjoyed very much.

Ugh! This was so hard! I was engaged so Luke was out of the picture! But I loved Luke so Chase was out of the picture! I felt like I was running down a hill and couldn’t stop. I was either plummeting into a marriage that I didn’t want or breaking someone’s heart in the process to get to someone that wasn’t my betrothed. What if Luke decided I wasn’t worth it? What if he moved on and I called off my wedding before I knew?

Luke sighed and slammed his head on the kitchen table for about the sixth time this morning. He couldn’t deal with the fact that tomorrow Akari was getting married- and to Chase too.

“Luke, eat your breakfast!” Dale called angrily from the front of the workshop. He heard Luke slam his head on the table again.

“I’m not hungry!” Luke whined.

“Yes you are. I heard your stomach this morning,” Dale answered simply.

“No I’m not and you can’t make me eat it!” Luke protested and folded his arms like a stubborn child.

“We aren’t going through this again son. Akari is getting married and there’s nothing you can do about it. I was sympathetic at first but now you’ve gone too far. You’re sulking is ruining business.”

“That’s all you ever care about! Business this, business that!” Luke shouted and stood up on the table and did an impression of his father. “Oh Luke, stop embarrassing the customers with your childish behavior. Oh Luke, stop playing around in the back, we’re going to lose business! Oh, Lu-”

He was cut off by Dale grabbing him around the waste and bringing him down from the table. “Young man,” he said- Luke knew he was trying to keep calm. “Go to your room and don’t come out until you’ve fixed your attitude.”

“Won’t it affect your ‘business’ if I’m not here?” Luke asked in a mock tone.

“GO NOW!” Dale bellowed and Luke scrambled up the stairs and slammed the door behind him. He ran over to his bed and flopped on it.

Why was life always coming back to bite him in the butt? Why was everything he did wrong in at least one person’s eyes? Was karma coming back to get him because of what he didn’t say to Akari? No, he didn’t believe it karma’s. All he knew was that his life was worse when Akari wasn’t in it with him.

I lazily dragged myself to the Tailor Shop to check on my wedding dress. As I entered the shop, the bell indicating that they had a customer rang and Luna happily bounded over to me.

“Hi! You’d like to see your dress huh?” Luna asked cheerily.

I nodded half-heartedly. Luna shook her head and replied, “I’m sorry but we can’t because we’re in the middle of-” she trailed off and I heard a scream from the back.

“What’s happening?” I asked and craned my neck to try and see into the back room.

“Oh, that? Um,” Luna trailed off- apparently she lost her train of thought. “Do you happen to know where Dr. Jin and or Irene is?”

I shook my head. “I haven’t seen them in awhile come to think of it.”

“To bad… We could really use them right about now,” Luna said and another scream issued from the back room.

“What’s going on?!” I demanded. I was a bit irritable considering everything that was happening.

“Nothing much,” Luna said casually, “Candace is just back there giving birth.”

“What?!” I exclaimed and Luna nodded before bringing me to the back room.

Sure enough, Candace’s stomach was enlarged and she was sweaty and looked like she was in a lot of pain. I bit my lip and looked around. None of these people were suitable doctors.

Her grandma, Shelly, was by her side holding her hand and dabbing her forehead with a wet washcloth. Julius was pacing back and forth again and again. He chewed his perfectly manicured fingers and paced again.

“H-hi Akari!” she muttered and groaned but somehow managed a weak smile.

“Um, do you want some, err, help?” I asked.

“Do you know something about this?” Shelly asked. I had never heard her talk much. She had Luna’s height- I’m guessing Luna inherited it from her- and a very high-pitched voice. She was rather brittle, and it looked the wind could break every bone in her body if she were ever to walk out on a windy day.

“Sort of… I help my livestock give birth, I’m sure it’s not that different,” I answered and walked over to Candace’s side.

Julius threw his hands in the air. “Candace, you’re seriously going to let a farm girl help you give birth to our child? Who knows where her filthy little mitts have been!”

“I don’t see you doing anything,” I retorted and Julius rolled his eyes and began pacing again. I grabbed one of Candace’s hands. How hard could this really be? “Alright Candace, on the count of three, you’re going to push and then breathe in quick short breaths.” I demonstrated.

“One…” I started.

“Two,” Shelly helped.

“Three!” Luna exclaimed and Candace grunted and leaned forward.

She then proceeded to the short breaths. Maybe I was getting in over my head. Sure, I helped animals give birth but not humans! Entirely different… However, I have watched enough movies and I think I was doing a pretty good job.

“Alright, again. One… Two… Three…” I said and Candace obeyed.

After what seemed hours, I could finally see the baby’s head. “Keep going! Oh, keep going your almost there!” Luna said and jumped in the air. Why she took excitement in this I have no idea…

Julius was now sitting on a couch, dozing off somewhat. A baby’s cry pierced the air and he perked up. He rushed over to Candace’s side. “Candace, our baby is here!”

Candace smiled. I wrapped their new daughter in a pink blanket and gave her to Candace. She and Julius took the cloth covering her face off at the same time. “She’s beautiful!”

“You did an exquisite job, she’s perfect,” Julius said as he wiped a tear from his glittery eye.

“It’s even more special because it was our love that brought her here. Akari, I hope once you’re married, you and your husband can create love that turns into a beautiful baby like her,” Candace said and she brushed a finger over her baby’s soft pink cheeks.

Love huh? I guess that that really was the key… What now? My wedding was in a day and I already had everything ready! Maybe I could learn to love Chase like I loved Luke. No, that wasn’t possible. I knew I had to make up my mind. I gathered everything together and made my decision. I knew what I had to do.

“What should we name her?” Julius asked after a moment of silence.

Candace pondered for a moment. “How about… Angie?”

“It’s perfect for her… Welcome to the world Angie!” Julius said as he took his new daughter from Candace and cradled her in his arms.

I was a rather heart-warming moment. The room grew quiet as they watch Candace and Julius take turns cooing over their new baby.

“Akari,” Julius said. “You helped deliver Angie so I think it would only be appropriate for you to be the godmother.”

“M-me? A godmother?” I stuttered. Wow, that was a shock! Of course, I was flattered beyond belief! “Yes, I would love that.” I took Angie from his arms and she fell asleep.

She looked so peaceful! I giggled; she had wisps of purple-ish blue-ish hair. I couldn’t tell if she looked more like Candace or Julius. She was a good mix of both of them.

Another hour or two passed by and it was getting dark outside. “I should probably get going, I have a big day tomorrow.”

“Alright,” Candace said and smiled at me.

“Your dress should be ready by tomorrow- if I get grandma to work on it she should finish by morning,” Luna said.

Shelly nodded. “I promise it’ll be ready tomorrow deary. And if not, I’ll let you take one of our displayed wedding dresses for free!”

“Grandma?!” Luna protested. She was the business girl and didn’t find it good business when the customer didn’t have to pay.

I bowed in thanks and turned to leave. “A-Akari,” Candace started, calling me back. “Thank you.”
I smiled. “You’re welcome.”

Now, it was time to put my plan into action. I had only a few hours to make everything work and if it didn’t, I had a backup plan. Tomorrow would be the wedding of the century!

I'm sure you don't know whats coming! I can tell you its not your average wedding! So stay tuned! (wow, I sound like a bad commercial...) Very Happy
Back to top Go down
clairexcliff
Hero
Hero
clairexcliff

PostSubject: Re: Peices of Akari   Peices of Akari - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 9:07 am

oh..it's getting better!
Back to top Go down
stephxluke
Farmer
Farmer
stephxluke

PostSubject: Re: Peices of Akari   Peices of Akari - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 4:39 am

OH MY GAWSH!!!! We are onto the wedding chapter!!! What will happen? Will Akari get married to Chase? What will happen to Luke? Will I ever get over my obsession (probably not...)? Read and find out!

Chapter 18
The Wedding of the Century

I woke up the morning of my wedding- my plan had worked perfectly! My wedding dress had been delivered sometime during the night and it was hanging in a special plastic covering in my closet.

I stripped and took a long, hot shower. My wedding wasn’t starting until sunset so I had time.
Kathy arrived shortly after my shower, holding her dress. I had chosen her to be my maid of honor. “I’m so excited! This will be the best wedding ever! And the best part is, no one-”

“I know, I know- it’s a nail biter! I’m just really glad that-”

A knock on the door interrupted my thoughts. It was Anissa, Candace, Luna, and Renee. They were already dressed and were giggling happily. Maya however, hadn’t shown up. Only Kathy and a few select others knew of my plan and these four didn’t. They all assumed the usual. Actually, my wedding was pretty usual- for me anyway!

“Congratulations, congratulations, congratulations,” Renee said- a bit overly excited.

“Thank you, thank you, thank you!” I said in a joking mock.

She slapped me playfully on my arm and the others shuffled inside, one by one.

“Let’s get ready!” Anissa sang and Luna and Candace swept me upstairs to get dressed.

“Oh, Candace!” I said in delight, twirling around in front of my floor length mirror. “It’s beautiful!”

My dress was floor length in the front and a long train came off of the back- just the way I wanted it. It was also a halter top! The top of my veil was attached to a headband and two white cotton puffs were on to each end. White roses were laced through the veil and were also patterned on my dress.

Candace laughed sheepishly. “I didn’t make it- remember?”

“You were a bit busy, I forgive you!” I laughed and hugged her. She, as well as Luna and Anissa were the bridesmaids.

After hours of slipping into my dress, picking out one of the many pairs of shoes that Luna had brought over, and putting on makeup, it was finally sunset! Kathy had brought her white horse for me to ride sidesaddle- which was very much a difficulty, mind you- to the beach.

There was an archway set up, covered in roses and tulips- personally my favorite- and a pulpit was set up underneath it. There were lines of white lawn chairs in the sand, facing where I was to be married.

The guests were arriving almost all at once; Ramsey and Chloe- the blacksmith and his granddaughter, Dale and Bo, Colleen, Jake, Yolanda, Maya, and Selena- the Sundae Inn staff and guests, Shelly, Julius, and baby Angie, Jin and Irene- the doctors for Meringue Clinic, and Cain, Hannah, and Grey- Brownie Ranch staff. Renee went to join her family.

My bridesmaids, my maid of honor, and I hid inside the tailor shop until Gill, the mayor’s son, ushered us out to walk down the aisle one at a time. First went Luna and Candace. I watched them walk down the aisle and take their place underneath the arch out the window.

“Alright Anissa, go,” Gill said dully and she walked out the shop and down the aisle, just as Candace and Luna had done.

Next was Kathy. Since she was my maid of honor, her dress was far longer than the other girls and her bouquet was bigger.

As she finished walking and took her place next to the other girls, my heart started to pound and I gripped my bouquet so tight my knuckles turned white.

“Ready? I still think your making an odd move,” Gill said.

“You don’t know why, but you will soon,” I answered simply and walked out the door. No one was expecting me to walk down the aisle so soon so no one was looking back.

Kathy cleared her throat yet no one turned around. “Hey people! The bride’s walking down the aisle!” she yelled and everyone turned around rather flustered.

I sped walked down it and stood behind the pulpit. I took a deep breath and began to speak into the little microphone that was hidden inside the pulpit.

“Thank you for attending my wedding,” I started and looked across at the audience’s confused faces. “I suppose you’re wondering where my groom is and I also suppose you think I’m crazy for walking down the aisle before my groom.”

I glanced over at Kathy and she nodded. The rest of my bridesmaids looked utterly confused. “I’ve gone through a lot of hard times lately and I know that wedding speeches are supposed to be saved for the reception. However, I made the wrong choice. I thought that if I got married I wouldn’t have to remember who it was that I really loved.

“I thought that if I ran away from my emotions, they wouldn’t come back to get me. I never asked them to come back, but they did and now I’m standing here in front of you- a single woman. I’m sorry, there’s no wedding today.”

Kathy smiled and started to clap. No one else followed. Chase was nowhere to be seen. I had told him I didn’t want to get married and strangely enough, he didn’t even argue. I haven’t seen him since yesterday and I’m not sure when I’ll see him again.

As I walked back down the aisle, I stopped in my tracks. Owen was standing on the red carpet in front of me and he was holding a box. Everyone’s heads shifted to the two of us as if they were all robotically controlled.

Owen cleared his throat rather loudly and said, “A proclamation has arrived from the king of- of,” he squinted at the crumpled parchment in his hands and then looked back towards the bushes near the tailor shop. “Hey, Luke! I can’t read your writing, what are you the king of?” he yelled.

I giggled. “The king of axes! Owen, you weren’t supposed to let her know it was me!” I heard Luke’s muffled voice yell from the bushes.

“Oh,” he muttered and then yelled back, “Thanks!” He sighed and whispered to me, “Pretend you didn’t hear that.”

I nodded and he continued, “Okay, uh, lemme start over…” he cleared his throat again. He was rather flustered by this point and his face had turned a bright red from embarrassment. “A proclamation has arrived from the king of axes! He is asking that a beautiful maiden, that’d be you Akari, accept his hand in holy, uh, matrimony!”

The crowd smiled and awed at the “proclamation from the king.” Owen opened the box and it revealed a purple ring- he later explained it was made from a garnet that Luke tried oh-so-very hard to get, and a blue feather.

Everyone awaited my answer as I looked down at the ring and feather. Luke- I loved him. He was my whole life, my whole existence. My life would be a wreck without him! Every day since the day I gave up on him, I couldn’t breathe. My heart actually hurt for real for the first time. I know it sounds stupid but it’s true. My life wouldn’t be my life if Luke weren’t in it.

“Owen, I,” I started and everyone leaned in as if on cue. I turned around and looked at Kathy who winked and gave me the ‘okay’ sign.

I took the box and picked up the bottom of my wedding dress before running over to the bushes where Luke was.

“Just once?” he whispered and we stood up together.

“Nope,” I answered and kissed him again. No holding back, no tears, no loneliness, and no desperation that it had before. Just a passion filled embrace.

I loved him.

He loved me.

And it was as simple as that. The crowd cheered as we walked down the aisle together and took our place at underneath the archway. The mayor, although extremely bewildered by everything that went on, stood at the pulpit and began reading from the same brown book that married Julius and Candace.

Hamilton sighed and read, “We are gathered here today to witness the love, and if I do say so myself you two make a wonderful couple, of Luke and Akari.”

“Finally,” I whispered and he continued.

“First of all, is there anyone who opposes this unity?”

Everyone looked around. Kathy eyed Selena carefully and she looked as though she was about to protest. Kathy laughed nervously. “Yeah, no one thinks so, let’s hurry it up!”

Hamilton shrugged and continued. “Okay, if we may see the ring.”

Owen, who I assumed was the best man at this point, opened the box again. Kathy then stepped forward and placed the wedding ring that originally was for Chase, in the box.

Like mine, the stones in it were purple- I figured it could match Chase’s eyes when I originally bought it. Owen got down on one knee and held the box above his head. Luke took it and took my hand. He slid the garnet ring on my finger and I smiled at him.

Then I took the other ring in the box and took his hand. I slid it on his finger and he smiled at me too. “Alright, now I’ll do your vows.” He turned to Luke and said, “Do you Luke, promise to love and cherish Akari, through good times and bad, until death do you part?”

“You know I do,” Luke answered.

Hamilton nodded. “And do you Akari, promise to love Luke in sickness and in health, for better or for worse, until death do you part?”

“And you know I do too,” I said. Luke laughed slightly.

“Good. Now by the power invested in me, I now pronounce you husband and wife! Luke, you may kiss your bride.”

I looked into his golden cat-like eyes and he looked into my brown eyes. “Akari, we should’ve done this a long time ago.”

I nodded and he grabbed my back before scooping me down like two dancers end of a tango dance and kissed me. Kathy cheered loudly and so did everyone else.

I took his arm and he walked down the aisle with me. The people in the audience, mainly Chloe, were throwing flowers and birdseed at us. My hair, dress, and veil were covered in bird seed. Luke took off his bandana when we were alone, where our reception was supposed to be held, and he shook his hair like a wet dog. Bird seed flew everywhere and I laughed uncontrollably.

“Did I ever tell you I loved you?” I asked and placed one of my hands on his chest.

“You could stand to say it more,” Luke said and kissed my forehead gently.

We were in a completely dark room- seeing as we walked down the aisle rather fast and left everyone behind us in the dust. We weren’t even supposed to be in here until everyone had set up.

Kathy flipped on the lights. My eyes grew wide. There were Christmas-ish lights strung across the light posts in every color under the sun. Flowers were covering the floor and a banner was hung overhead of us and it read: Congratulations Chase and Akari. However, the word Chase was crossed out and Luke was written above it in red ink.

I had to laugh. My almost marriage to Chase was rather comical. And it nearly scared me to think that this party was being thrown in honor of Chase and me, instead of Luke and me.

Luna then walked up to a microphone that had been set up for the reception and lowered it to fit her height. “Ahem, may I have your attention?” She looked around but nobody was paying any attention to her little voice. “PEOPLE LISTEN!”

Everyone was startled that such a voice could come from that little loli.

“As you know, this may be a bit more difficult than planned- considering we all thought that Akari and Chase were getting married. So, uh, just enjoy the reception and have fun!”

Everyone clapped and Kathy approached me. “Hey, we were wondering what song you and Luke picked out for your dance together.”

I pondered her question for a moment. “Hmm,” then I whispered a song in her ear. She smiled and nodded before walking over to the DJ stand and whispering to Gill what I had told her.

“Hey you,” I said as I walked over to Luke.

“Yo,” he answered.

I eyed him and he eyed me. Everything was so different now. We were married and I was beyond happy but it was almost awkward.

“So…” I said and ran my one of my shoes along the ground.

“Look,” he started and I put my finger to his lips.

“You don’t have to say anything. It was all my fault but now it’s better right?” I said. He nodded and I hugged him.

“Yeah,” he whispered and I buried my head into his chest and listened to his heart beat. It was beating fast and he probably caught on to what I was doing because it started to beat faster and faster.

“Are you nervous?” I asked playfully.

“M-maybe… I’m not usually. I guess you’re just special,” he answered.

Before I had the chance to kiss him again, Kathy walked up to the microphone and said, “It is now time for the bride and groom’s dance. If everyone will clear out of the center, I suppose it’s the dance floor now...” she trailed off and waited for everyone to clear out.

Julius then stood the stage alongside Kathy with a guitar. I had told Kathy what song I wanted but I didn’t think she’d be performing it. I shrugged the thought off and grabbed Luke’s hand.

“I’ve never danced with a girl before,” Luke whispered.

I laughed slightly. “Just grab my waste. Luke! I said my waste! Save that for tonight… Then grab my hand and just listen to the music.”

He nodded and the music started. We started to dance. It was a bit awkward. I hadn’t thought that I would ever dance with him- let alone be married to him. Fate works in mysterious ways I suppose…

I laid my head on his shoulder and I could hear him chuckle softly. I listened to Kathy singing and Julius playing his guitar. The words described our life together. I could almost hear everything that happened to us like a movie screen replaying my life in my head.

I snuggled closer to him- I didn’t want to lose this moment. But, like every good thing, it ended. The music slowed and Kathy stopped singing. The spotlight on us had turned off and he kissed me. I pressed my lips against his and lifted my foot off the ground and tilted it. Everyone clapped but the sound of their clapping faded away as I lost myself in our kiss.

We pulled away from lack of oxygen and at some point the clapping must’ve stopped. I beamed happily at him and he shot me a cute grin. I looked around at our guests- our friends- and smiled.

Kathy, my best friend, my guidance counselor, and my matchmaker, smiled back at me. She was so supportive of everything I did. I guess being in love and being surrounded by your friend’s just makes you realize how great everything is- even if it’s sometimes rough.

Hours passed and I finally felt like I couldn’t dance anymore. My feet hurt so badly and I was sure they were blistered. I guess they weren’t used to being in fancy shoes considering the fact that I wore cloth boots most of the day. I wanted to snuggle up in a nice warm bed with Luke and sleep.

But, I knew that that would have to wait- and yes, I could hold out for a few more hours. (A.N.: Hope you get what she means by ‘staying up’ for a little while) Everyone started to leave slowly and soon it was just Luke, Kathy, Owen, and I.

Kathy set her margarita glass down and sat in one of the chairs. She sighed. “I can’t dance anymore. I don’t think I can do anything ever again.”

I sat beside her. “I’m with you,” I said and slipped one of my shoes off before rubbing the bottom of my sore foot gingerly. “Hey, thanks for everything.”

Kathy smiled weakly. “No problem. It was fun.”

I laughed and hugged her. I then realized that I wasn’t going to see her for a week. I’d be on my honeymoon- speaking of which, I wasn’t sure where I was going.

“Hey honey,” Luke said and he walked over to me. I had to laugh, he was still so enthusiastic. I wondered how Dale kept up with him. I wondered how I would keep up with him.

“Hey,” I answered and then giggled before adding, “Honey.”

“Guess what?” he said and sat down beside me. He picked up my tired legs and threw them over his lap- almost like he was a recliner chair and I was sitting in it relaxing.

“What?” I said, crossing my legs over his lap.

“We forgot something,” he answered and started to slide my dress higher up my thigh. I gasped. He couldn’t be doing that now- could he?

“Um,” I stuttered and Kathy turned away. Maybe he had drunken a bit too much tonight.

“Relax- I’ve seen people do this at weddings all the time!” he said and I remembered.

While I was dressing, I had slipped a lacey, heart patterned band around my thigh. And yes, it was the groom’s job to take it off- without using his hands or feet.

Kathy realized what he was doing and she turned around to watch. Owen approached us with a video camera in his hand- he had been documenting our wedding since the reception started.

“Whoa! Luke, maybe you should-” Owen said and put his big hand over the camera lens.

“Relax Owen,” Kathy said, laughing slightly. “Luke’s going to take off the band around Akari’s leg with his mouth.”

Owen quickly uncovered the lens and rushed over to us in excitement. “This outa be good.”

“Luke do you know what you’re doing?” I asked as he attempted to grab the band with his teeth.

“No, but how hard could this be?” he said through clenched teeth.

I threw my head back and laughed uncontrollably. My thigh was very ticklish- and it felt so good. I knew tonight would be good- I knew every day with him would be good.

Finally, after much struggle, the band came off and Luke pumped his fist in the air in triumph. I laughed at his childish enthusiasm. Kathy and Owen cheered along with him.

Then, Owen turned the camera around towards his face and said, “And with that final note, let’s let the new couple start their new life together.” He then turned it back on Luke and I. “Any last words before you go honeymoon in paradise?”

“Yeah,” I said. “Where are we going?”

Everyone stopped what they were doing. Apparently, none of them knew. “Oh, um,” Kathy said and stood up. “Luke, Akari, we were originally going to send you to the best culinary institute in the world- but seeing as your Luke and not Chase, we can’t do that anymore.”

“How about Toucan Island?” Owen suggested.

My face lit up. I had always wanted to go to Toucan Island. “Alright!” I said and jumped up.

“Okay, sure,” Luke agreed. Yet, he almost didn’t seem happy.

I stopped jumping and looked towards Luke. “What’s wrong?”

“It’s Selena. She lives there… I dunno- it’ll be… awkward,” he answered and looked away from my gaze.

“Oh,” I said. “It’s okay; we don’t have to go there.” I was disappointed- but honestly, I’d rather honeymoon at that stupid culinary institute than spend it with Selena jealously breathing down our necks the whole time.

“Nah,” Luke said and almost instantly perked up. “Let’s go! You’ve always wanted to Akari! Besides, Selena can’t bug us if we’re-”

I nodded and he blushed furiously. “Agreed.”

“Well, you better get going. Nights going to fade away before you know it,” Kathy said and stood up before stretching.

I noticed that Owen was eyeing Kathy with a longing expression that I used to give Luke. I looked over at Owen and he seemed to know what I was thinking. I smiled and winked at him.

I walked over to Kathy and whispered in her ear, “Owen likes you.”

I wasn’t surprised to see her blush. “O-oh my, r-really?”

I nodded and she walked over to Owen nervously. He smiled at her and she smiled back at him. Luke walked over to me and put his arm around me. Then, Owen scooped her down and kissed her! He kissed her on the mouth!

Luke’s eyes grew wide and I looked up at him in shock. “We, uh, should probably get going if we’re going to pack…” Luke said and inched away from the new couple.

Kathy pulled away and giggled. “Thanks Akari! This was so fun!”

“Yeah,” Owen agreed. “Just don’t ever make me be your messenger boy again!”

Luke saluted and picked me up bridal-style. I gasped and laughed as he carried me out towards the home we would both share.

We reached our house and he set me down gently. I looked up at him and he looked back at me. The past month had been so hard for the both of us and now, in only a day, we pledged out love and are now married.

“I love you,” he whispered.

“I love you too,” I whispered back.

I leaned in for a kiss but he just hugged me. It was more reassuring, being in his arms, than a kiss. It reassured that he did actually love me. I laid my head on his shoulder and hot tears streamed down my cheeks.

“What’s wrong?” he asked and cradled my face in his hands. He rubbed his fingers over my cheek bone, wiping away my tears.

“Nothing,” I said, my voice barely a whisper. “I’m so sorry!” I blurted out.

“For what?”

“For everything. I was so mean! I-I tried to forget you… I t-tried to stop loving you!” I answered. I held my throat to try and keep myself from hyperventilating.

He leaned in and kissed me. My eyes grew wide but soon shut and I rapped my arms around his neck. And I knew then that he forgave me- for everything that I did and for everything that I ever would do. It was just who he was- he saw people for who they were. He saw them for what was on the inside and how they truly felt.

He had the mind of a child- he easily forgave. He saw the world like no one else and made everything exciting. He was perfect and innocent and wonderful! He was my everything and I loved him like I could love nothing else.

Haha, long chapter- but totally worth it! It makes me go "awwww!" even though I wrote it! Hope you enjoyed this chapter- I think there are going to be two or three more after this. Please comment- I'd REALLY love to know what you thought about this one! Even if you aren't a fan of this pairing, please comment!
Back to top Go down
clairexcliff
Hero
Hero
clairexcliff

PostSubject: Re: Peices of Akari   Peices of Akari - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 5:33 am

how cute!
Back to top Go down
stephxluke
Farmer
Farmer
stephxluke

PostSubject: Re: Peices of Akari   Peices of Akari - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 6:42 pm

Been awhile since I updated huh? Well, this isn't the complete chapter but I thought since I had it written, I should post it. I'm so sorry guys! I've been caught up in other projects, school, and other fanfictions. Plus my friends and I are busy doing a commentary for a video on our website... AND, I spent most of last night when I could've been working on it, watching Greg Ayres, Vig Mignogna, and Mike McFarland (i think thats his name) talk at an anime convention on YouTube. Guilty at charged.... SOOO Here it is!!! Enjoy and comment!

Chapter 19 (part 1)
Honeymoon in Paradise

“Honey?” Luke said and he rolled over onto one his sides, trapping me underneath him.

I laughed. Last night was almost about to replay itself. It was perfect. I had never known that his body was as perfect as it was. I was almost embarrassed at how imperfect mine was. He didn’t pay any attention to it and he just loved me.

“Luke, get off!” I squealed and attempted to push him off. I was strong, but he was stronger.

“Why?”

“Because we’re going to miss the boat to Toucan Island!” I said and he got off of me.
He groaned. “I don’t wanna get up!”

I laughed and shook my head at him. I got out of bed and he rolled over on his side, facing the wall and put a pillow over his head. I silently jumped back on the bed and took the pillow off his head before smacking him playfully with it.

His already messy azure blue hair stuck straight up because of static-electricity. “Alright, alright, I’m going,” he said lazily and crawled out of bed.

I decided to take a shower while he was finishing up packing his bags and then we’d switch. I was laying different color bikinis on top of my clothes when Luke walked out in a towel. I laughed; he also had a smaller one wrapped around his head. I guess he really couldn’t live without some sort of cloth on his head…

I quickly zipped up my suitcase and smiled at him sheepishly. I didn’t want him to find out that I was bringing them- it was supposed to be a surprise. “What’s that Akari?” Luke asked as he shook his head to one side to rid his ear of water.
“Oh, nothing,” I said and pretended to busy myself with zipping and unzipping my suitcase.
But Luke, being Luke, couldn’t leave it at ‘nothing.’ He walked over to me and grabbed me around my waste before pulling me away from the suitcase. He pinned me to the floor and started to tickle me. He knew I was very ticklish.

“Luke! Luke, stop!” I said as I gasped for air.

“Then tell me what’s in there!” Luke demanded and straddled me with his legs and pinned my arms down on the carpeted floor.

“Never!” I yelled and tried to fight his grasp.

It was all fun, or at least, it was until we stopped and looked at each other.
It was dead silent and Luke leaned down towards me. I held my breath, waiting for him to kiss me. He leaned down towards my neck and I felt his wet lips kiss it gently.

He moaned happily for a moment and then his lips finally met mine. He let go of my hands and I wrapped them around his neck. We were burning up together for a moment and I didn’t want it to end. I always say it, but its true- Luke
completed me with the kiss I gave him at the bar. And now I know that I complete him too.

A knock on the door interrupted us and Luke and I tried to quickly fix our messy hair and ruffled clothes- although Luke was wearing a towel. I answered the door and smoothed over the white sundress I was wearing.

It was Kathy. I smiled at her. It probably looked ridiculous because I was sure my lipstick had smudged. She also looked at me like you’d look a circus-clown- if you weren’t afraid of them of course.

“Hey Kathy!” I said and wiped my mouth with the back of my hand.

“Am I interrupting something?” she asked, peering inside our house. Luke held the towel around his waist and waved with the other hand at her.

“No, nothing at all,” I lied. I was very happy to see her though
“Shouldn’t you be on the boat by now?”

I laughed shakily. “We got, err, held up…”

She nodded and smiled at me. “I just came by to wish you luck and to tell you that-”

I then noticed it. I gasped. Kathy had a huge green stone on her ring finger. I gawked at it and Luke walked over to see it too. “Owen?” I said. I was completely out of breath. It’d been like what, a day?

“Yeah! He asked me to-”

Once again she was cut off, and this time, it was by Luke. “Owen asked you to marry him?! Already?!”

Kathy laughed. “No you two! If you’d let me tell my story you’d know!”

We bowed our heads apologetically. “Sorry,” we said in unison.

“It’s fine. Owen asked me to ‘be his girl’ this morning! It looks like we’re
courting now so I’m expecting a wedding soon!” Kathy beamed.

I hugged her. “Congratulations!”

Luke ran over to hug her too but she stepped back. He looked down and remembered he was wearing a towel. He held out his hand and she shook it. “Yeah, good job Kathy! Owen’s been eyeing you for awhile.”

“And I him,” she said.

Luke looked at me with an anxious expression. “Alright,” I said and I let him hug me. He wrapped his arms around me and Kathy laughed.

“I’ve got to go and so do you two! Have fun and don’t trash the hotel room!”
“We’ll try not to. Seeya Kathy,” I said and Kathy waved goodbye.

We reached the dock soon after and were waiting for Pascal to let us onboard. I shivered- there was a slight breeze. Fall was inching its way in and Summer was fading. The heat of Summer was still around, although it was now Fall. I rubbed my arms with my hands to try and warm myself.

“You cold?” Luke asked.

I nodded and he wrapped his arms around me. He rubbed his hands over my arms like I had been doing. Goddess I loved that boy!

“Thanks,” I said and smiled up at him.

He smiled back at me and Pascal emerged from On the Hook. “Yar ready fer a honeymoon Ozzie tells me,” Pascal said.

I tried not to laugh, I hadn’t really talked to him in awhile and I had
forgotten what a thick sailor accent he had.

Luke nodded. “Yes, me and me wife would fancy a ride on yer boat!” he mocked and I elbowed him in the gut.

“My apologies- my husband acts rather childish at times,” I apologized for Luke and he blushed sheepishly.

“Yeah, sorry,” he muttered.

“It’s quite alright me boy! Hop aboard, yeh don’t want ter miss yer honeymoon!” Pascal said as he took out a lighter and lit the pipe in his hand.

Luke laughed quietly to himself and helped Pascal load our luggage onboard.
Once he was safely on the ship, he held out his hand and I grabbed it. I was sort of scared of boats because I had passed out on one when I came to the island.

Once I was onboard, I gripped Luke’s shirt and tried to stable myself. He held my waste and tried to calm my breathing.

“It’s alright Akari, I’ve got you,” he said reassuringly.

And yes- I did feel very reassured. I wasn’t scared of anything really, besides boats, but I knew Luke would help me through everything, whether I was scared or not. That was definitely one of his good traits- friendliness.

The boat ride was only a few hours long. Although it was painfully slow. I don’t think I even looked out on the beautiful ocean. My face was buried in Luke’s chest almost the entire time.

“Alright Akari. You can open your eyes now,” I heard Luke whisper to me.

I suddenly felt the boat stop moving. I opened my eyes and released my trembling grasp on his shirt. My eyes widened. I had never been to Toucan Island before and it was beautiful!

The air was nice and warm. There were tropical plants everywhere and not to mention, I was on my honeymoon! I was breathless. I felt as though my heart was swelling in my chest and if I got any happier it would pop.

“Luke!” I gasped. “This-This is beautiful!”

Luke smiled as well. It was all so amazing. My head was spinning. We had gone from never seeing each other to being married all in two days… It was almost a bit too much to handle. But I was happy. Finally, I was truly happy…

Pascal had unloaded our luggage and was waiting at the dock for us. Luke jumped down and landed a bit ungracefully on the dock. He held out his arms to me and I jumped into them.

“Smooth,” I said as he spun me around before placing me down on the ground.

“Well,” Pascal said, sighing and tipping his sailor hat, “Yer ready to start yer knew life tergether?”

I smiled at Luke, who I knew was trying with all his might not to laugh. “Yes. It’s about time too,” I said.

Pascal smiled warmly at us. The wrinkles that formed around his eyes as he smiled showed more of his old age.

“I love you,” Luke whispered and faced me. He put his hands on my waist and I leaned in to kiss him again. I honestly never expected to kiss him as much as I had in the past few months.

Just when we were close even we could feel each other’s breath, a woman walked up to us. Pascal has slipped away in the mean time and the fog horn was ringing loudly as he pulled away from the dock.

“I’m so sorry to interrupt,” the woman said.

Luke released me and we both blushed and put our hands behind out backs respectfully. I glanced at Luke and blushed such a deep red. He was so gorgeous!

“My name is Sue. I own the Pineapple Inn with my husband, Sampson,” she said and Luke nodded and bit his lip nervously.

“Nice to meet you,” I said.

Sue glanced at Luke and he winced slightly. “You are Luke, Dale’s son, right?” she asked.

Luke nodded slowly. Sue smiled. “Well, I am glad to see that you found someone you were actually interested in…”

Luke laughed shakily. “Huh, yeah… Look,” he blurted out, “I’m really sorry about the whole thing with Selena… I was just trying to figure things out. I know I probably hurt her…”

“It’s really my fault… I walked in on them… Maybe- maybe they could’ve been married by now…” I said and choked on those last words. They sounded so bitter coming out of my mouth.

Luke didn’t look appalled; he knew what I was trying to do. However, I could tell the sound of that created a bad taste in his mouth too.

“That’s alright sugar. Luke loves you and you love him. Love is a very important thing nowadays.” Sue nodded.

“Yeah…” Luke muttered.

There was an awkward silence for a moment and finally, Sue spoke up again, “Alright. Well, why don’t we get you two lovebirds to your room?”

“Sounds awesome,” Luke said happily.

When she turned around to lead us inside, I let out the breath I was holding. Luke smiled at me and put his arm around my waste. He knew I felt secure in his arms. I never thought I’d feel stressed on my honey moon!

The inside of the inn was decked in a tropical decor, to match the rest of the island. The desk had pineapples strung around the front of it. The floor was made to look like bamboo. It was truly a wonderful getaway.

“Visitors? Me Sampson! Welcome!” A rather large man said from behind the check in desk. I eyed Luke, waiting for him to laugh.

However, he just stood there, as if he was frozen and all the emotion was drained out of him. His face was pale white.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Peices of Akari   Peices of Akari - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Peices of Akari
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2