Harvest Dreams
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeForum and Role Play RulesPortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Akari's Song (songfic)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
stephxluke
Farmer
Farmer
stephxluke

Female Number of posts : 804
Roleplay Name : Alex Addison Camp
Awards : Akari's Song (songfic) Stephxlukenov

Akari's Song (songfic) Empty
PostSubject: Akari's Song (songfic)   Akari's Song (songfic) EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 3:01 am

This is my first ever songfic! A lot of first-evers huh? Anyway, it's Akari and Luke (as if you didn't know! xD) So please comment and enjoy! This is, of course, my favorite couple ever!

She said, I was seven and you were nine
He was two years older than her. Older, stronger, but not quite as mature.

I looked at you like the stars that shined in the sky, the pretty lights
She had loved him from a very young age. They were best friends, Akari and Luke. As a young girl, she didn't know what love was and thought of it as mearly a strong friendship.

And our daddies used to joke about the two of us- growing up and falling in love
They didn't understand. Dale, Luke's dad, and Akari's father would stand in the shop for hours talking about their future together.

and our mamas smiled and rolled their eyes and said oh my my my
Their moms would say, "Don't talk about things like that around the children!" However, they would always find themselves giggling about it.

Take me back to the house in the backyard tree, said you'd beat me up, you were bigger than me
The Mother Tree they played in. When she would tease him and he threatended to hit her.

You never did, you never did
Even when he came close to it, her big brown eyes would stop him. Then they would laugh heartily and Akari would attempt to push him out of the tree.

Take me back when our world was one block wide
Waffle Island was a small remote island. Their world was so small and innocent. Everything was a game to them- including a blossoming love.

I dared you to kiss me and ran when you tried
She played Truth Or Dare to test his affections. Luke, being the "never back down from a challenge" kind of guy, agreed. He shut his nine-year-old golden, catlike eyes tight and leaned in. She, knowing he was about to do what she had dared, ran and didn't look back.

Just two kids, you and I...
Oh my my my my

They were kids, playmates, best friends, and childhood sweethearts whether they knew it or not.

Well, I was sixteen when suddenly, I wasn't that little girl you used to see
It was Akari's sixteenth birthday. She had invited Luke- her childhood friend. She had grown curves and had blossomed since the last time Luke had seen her- and she was beautiful.

But your eyes still shined like pretty lights
He greeted her warmly and embrased her in a hug. His now older eyes still sparkled- and Akari melted.

And our daddies used to joke about the two of us
Their father's were reunited too. They still joked about the chemistry they knew was building between the teens.

They never believed we'd really fall in love
And when it was dark and the candles were lit, Akari closed her eyes and whispered her wish. As she blew them out, Luke leaned in and kissed her. Her wish had come true...

And our mamas smiled and rolled their eyes
And said oh my my my...

Their mother's laughed at Luke's surprise. They knew they were too young to be in love, but they let it be. And Akari and Luke were never happier.

Take me back to the creek beds we turned up
It was early summer and the firefly festival was rolling around. Luke had asked Akari and she had accepted. They lay down on the soft grass near the river and Akari was soon asleep on Luke's chest.

Two A.M. riding in your truck and all I need is you next to me
Luke had gotten a beaten up pickup truck for his sixteenth birthday and drove Akari around in it. A lot of times they were in trouble from their parents for staying out to late.

Take me back to the time we had our very first fight
She had accused him of cheating on her with Selena. He denied her accusation. And for the first time, Akari had slapped Luke for real. He was hurt...

The slamming of doors instead of kissing goodnight
He stormed out of her house and slammed the door on his way out. Akari sank down on her bed and cried.

You stayed outside till the morning light
Oh my my my my

When the sun rose after a sleepless night, Luke was waiting for her in the feild. She opened the door, kicked off her shoes, ran over to him and kissed him. She appologized and everything was alright.

A few years had gone and come around. We were sitting at our favorite spot in town
Now 22 years old, Luke had taken Akari out by Daren's Tree. He was taking her for a walk and they stopped underneath the tree to catch their breath.

And you looked at me, got down on one knee
While Akari was resting against the tree, Luke stooped down and rested one of his knees on the grassy earth. He pulled out a feather, the blue feather. Akari's eyes filled with tears and she silently nodded her head.

Take me back to the time when we walked down the aisle
She wore a beautiful wedding dress, made from the local tailors. She grasped her father's arm and they strode down the aisle to meet her groom- Luke. His sleeves were rolled up and he was still wearing a bandana but he loved her and that was all that mattered.

Our whole town came and our mamas cried
Their friends and even enemies lined the pews. Akari's mother was in the front, Luke's mother looking down on them from above, crying in happiness for the once childhood friends.

You said I do and I did too
Mayor Hamilton pronouced them husband and wife. Luke grabbed Akari's back and swung her down low, like at the end of a tango dance, and kissed her.

Take me home where we met so many years before
Akari's stomach was now enlarged, she was almost due. She and Luke were standing on the front porch, looking out on the fields that they once played on.

We'll rock our babies on that very front porch
Her twins were born, as well as the newest addition to their family. Luke bounced the two-year-old twin boys on his knee and Akari cradled the new baby girl in her arms.

After all this time, you and I
After everything, they were fianlly a true family. Their story of love was like no other. It was a wonderful thing and finally, finally they were together... forever...

I'll be eighty-seven; you'll be eighty-nine
I'll still look at you like the stars that shine
In the sky, oh my my my...

Akari had finished the last words of the song for her grandchildren. A story that wouldn't be forgotten in years to come. Luke looked at her out of the corner of his old, cat-like eyes and smiled. She smiled back, remembering everything. Akari's Song was never to be forgotten.

Awww! I really wish this could happen to me! With my real-life Luke. (No I don't know a Luke and I'm not dating.. Just for future reference...) The song was called Mary's Song (oh my my my) by Taylor Swift if you were wonderding. Hope you enjoyed! Thanks!!!

Last edited by stephxluke on Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:02 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot to bold type something)
Back to top Go down

Akari's Song (songfic)
Page 1 of 1