Harvest Dreams
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeForum and Role Play RulesPortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Falling Inside The Black

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Eternal Silence
Admin
Admin
Eternal Silence

Female Number of posts : 6205
Roleplay Name : Arden Auiban
Awards : Falling Inside The Black Esaward

Falling Inside The Black Empty
PostSubject: Falling Inside The Black   Falling Inside The Black EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 11:41 pm

“Angela. It’s not like there’s a lot to choose from. Just pick something.” Chase’s exasperation was poorly hid, even if one was foolish enough to believe he cared about hiding his abrasiveness.

“Well…I’m not really sure what I want…” I had problems making decisions, especially when it came to food. “Just bring me whatever’s fresh.”

Chase sighed dramatically, flourishing it by throwing his hands in the air. “Whatever,” he grumbled. “I’m bringing you a sandwich.”

“Turkey-cheese-lettuce-tomato-no-mayo!” I reminded him, smiling sweetly. He rolled his eyes in response before disappearing into the kitchen. That’s what I always ended up getting when I came to the Sundae Inn for lunch, and he knew it, too. I don’t know why he kept humoring me by handing me a menu.

“There. Are you happy?” He reemerged out of nowhere in record time, slamming a plate roughly against the sanded wood of the table.

“That was fast. What, did you have my order ready and waiting before I even came in? How sweet!” I picked up the sandwich and took a tentative bite. “Not bad,” I commented, chewing slowly. “Needs mayo.”

Chase cast a disparaging look at me, and ran his hands down his face. “Next time, make your own sandwich. At home.”

“But then I wouldn’t get to see you every Saturday!” My eyes widened with mock hurt, and I slapped my hand against my heart. “Wouldn’t you miss seeing my beautiful face on a regular basis?”

Something in his face changed, just a quick facial twitch that one wouldn’t even notice if one didn’t know what to look for. But I picked up on it. Before I could say anything, though, it was gone, and the annoyed look that I had come to expect reappeared on his rather feminine facial features. “Stuff it,” he said bluntly, and then turned on his heel and headed back into the small kitchen.

I was pretty sure he could hear me laughing from back there.

“Angela!”

Startled, I turned around. I hadn’t been expecting an ambush as soon as I stepped out of the Sundae Inn’s front door, and my heart immediately sped up. “Luke! You scared me!” I gasped, squinting against the sun to watch the blue-haired boy lope up to the front step of the hotel. He was grinning broadly, and didn’t even pause for formalities like “Hello.” Instead, he grabbed my forearm and began to pull insistently, dragging me in the direction of the beach.

“Luke! Where are we going?” I laughed. He always managed to surprise me with the most spur-of-the-moment trips. After three years on the island, I still hadn’t seen all there was to see on the small island, and it was Luke’s mission to explore the unknown.

“It’s a surprise! Just follow me!” I obliged, trusting my friend completely.

“Ta-da!” Luke gestured grandly. My jaw dropped.

“Wow,” I breathed, staring like an idiot. There, in front of me, was the most gorgeous, picturesque waterfall I had ever seen. It honestly looked like it belonged on a postcard to an exotic and beautiful paradise, not tucked away in the corner of frumpy, muddy ole Waffle Island. But there it was, and so was Luke, grinning away like he had revealed a national treasure.

“Welcome to Caramel Falls, milady. What do you think?”

”It’s…beautiful. Oh, my God,” I said, though my voice betrayed my awe. Luke smiled. Apparently, this was the right answer. He motioned over to a small rock bridge, where there was a small picnic basket and a red-checkered blanket spread. “What is this?” I giggled, walking over to the blanket and sitting down. I picked up a blue flower that had been set beside the wicker basket.

That’s when it clicked- Luke was taking me on a date.

My heart sank, deep into the pit of my stomach. “Luke,” I began, putting the flower back down.

”Wait a second,” he interrupted. He held his hands up and ducked his head. The mood was suddenly somber, something I couldn’t even wrap my head around. That was exactly the reason why I hung out with Luke; there was never any awkward moment or tense situation. He was fun, and made me laugh, but I had a feeling there was something he needed to say that I wasn’t ready to hear. I had never seen my friend with a serious expression on his face, and the fact that he was wearing one now disconcerted me. The only sound that could be heard for a minute or two was the roar of the waterfall.

“Angela,” he started. He sat down directly across from me, but didn’t meet my eyes. “Um. There’s something I really need to say-“

”Wait, Luke,” I interrupted this time. “I don’t think-“

”Just let me say it, okay?” He took a deep breath, and the next few words came out in a rush. “Listen, ever since you moved to this town, what, three years ago, I have been in love with you. I don’t know what it is about you, but there’s something that just makes me crazy every single time I see you. And I’ve never felt like this before. But… I know it’s totally real. I love you, Angela.” He finally looked up at me, a tender and beseeching look in his jovial eyes. I was speechless.

“Luke,” I tried. But I couldn’t think of where to go from there. I broke our stare to turn my head and face the waterfall. “Let’s not do this now,” I whispered. My heart felt like it was slowly and painfully suffocating. I didn’t look over at him, but I knew his face had fell because his entire posture changed.

”Is there someone else?” he asked briskly, apparently trying to regain the composure he had lost by revealing unreciprocated affection.

“No, Luke, I-“ I wheeled around on my bum, pleading with him not to do this to me. There was resentment and hurt etched in his normally friendly face, and it broke my heart.

“It’s Chase, isn’t it? I should’ve known. Every single time I go to find you, you’re at that stupid Inn, hanging over the fruity waiter. I should’ve known!” He slammed the ground with his open palm, and his teeth clenched together.

“What? What are you talking about?” I stood up, adrenaline pumping in my veins. I felt a little dizzy, and certainly overwhelmed. “Please, Luke, I-“

”No!” He cut me off again. “I have tried so hard. And…” He turned away from me, nursing his wounded ego. And then twisted back again. All the pain had washed off of his face, and now it was entirely blank. He took a step towards me, and I took one back.

“Luke…” My voice trailed off. I looked behind my shoulder, noting the slim distance between my foot and the edge of the rock that I was standing on.

He didn’t reply; instead, he simply took another step. I put my hands up slowly, and said shakily, “Luke, come on. You’re scaring me.”

He came faster this time, not pausing between steps. As he got closer, I took another step back- and promptly lost my balance. The rocks crumbled beneath my weight, and deposited me into the water. I think I screamed.

The rush of the current bubbled over my face. It was frigid, and for a moment I was too stunned to think straight. After a wave of terror – no pun intended – washed over me, I opened my mouth to scream. Instead of sound, bubbles came out. I fought against the water, trying to surface, but the force of the waterfall kept pushing me back down. Slowly, slowly, I started to give up.

Angela!

Angela!

Oh my God. What did I do? Angela!!

Someone help!

And then I blacked out.
Back to top Go down
http://undertheorangetree.deviantart.com/
Kritten
Admin
Admin
Kritten

Female Number of posts : 8780
Roleplay Name : Kitty Kitz
Awards : Falling Inside The Black Badge

PostSubject: Re: Falling Inside The Black   Falling Inside The Black EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 1:49 am

I love it cause you can't tell if she died or just fainted. ^^
ES your writing style is addicting to me. It's like a warm hot cup of cocoa on a cold day.
Back to top Go down
Eternal Silence
Admin
Admin
Eternal Silence

PostSubject: Re: Falling Inside The Black   Falling Inside The Black EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 1:54 am

That...might just be the best compliment I've ever gotten. <3
Back to top Go down
clairexcliff
Hero
Hero
clairexcliff

Male Number of posts : 4687
Roleplay Name : Amando
2nd char:Roan

Awards : Falling Inside The Black Cliffnov

PostSubject: Re: Falling Inside The Black   Falling Inside The Black EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 11:55 am

i like this one..it makes me curious!
Back to top Go down
stephxluke
Farmer
Farmer
stephxluke

Female Number of posts : 804
Roleplay Name : Alex Addison Camp
Awards : Falling Inside The Black Stephxlukenov

PostSubject: Re: Falling Inside The Black   Falling Inside The Black EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 8:17 pm

*super loud fangirl scream!!!!!!* ES, your writing skills just amaze me. I was literally on the edge of my seat. How DARE Angela do that to Luke! I honestly feel no remorse for whatever happened to her. Evil or Very Mad (I'm kidding)

Write more- or I just might have to *coughTIEYOUUPANDFORCEYOUTOWRITEMOREcough*
Back to top Go down
Eternal Silence
Admin
Admin
Eternal Silence

PostSubject: Re: Falling Inside The Black   Falling Inside The Black EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 8:34 pm

:] Thank you, Steph. Actually, I was planning on making this a longfic...and I have a couple of ideas how to go about it. I might actually complete this one...(I have commitment problems xD).
Back to top Go down
stephxluke
Farmer
Farmer
stephxluke

Female Number of posts : 804
Roleplay Name : Alex Addison Camp
Awards : Falling Inside The Black Stephxlukenov

PostSubject: Re: Falling Inside The Black   Falling Inside The Black EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 5:13 am

I know, so do I. Except with Pieces of Akari. The good thing about Luke's character is that you can take it anyway and it doesn't sound out of character for him! He's sweet, crazy, hyper, and can be saddened. (i know, i clicked the wrong answer on our annaversary and he cried... Crying or Very sad Good thing I didn't save it!)

Same with Angela cause she has whatever personality you give her! *curses Angela for probably being attracted to Barrette Boy!*
Back to top Go down
artygamer
Farmer
Farmer
artygamer

Female Number of posts : 585
Roleplay Name : Soph
2nd rp name:Leon

PostSubject: Re: Falling Inside The Black   Falling Inside The Black EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 2:45 pm

Awsome! I can't write like this. And I can't be dedicated either. Which reminds me....must finish that other story now...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Falling Inside The Black   Falling Inside The Black Empty

Back to top Go down

Falling Inside The Black
Page 1 of 1