Harvest Dreams
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeForum and Role Play RulesPortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Maximum Ride series anyone?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
stephxluke
Farmer
Farmer
stephxluke

Female Number of posts : 804
Roleplay Name : Alex Addison Camp
Awards : Maximum Ride series anyone? Stephxlukenov

Maximum Ride series anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Maximum Ride series anyone?   Maximum Ride series anyone? EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 1:31 am

I had to read a sci-fi book for literature class, and my friend (stealing prayers/Christine) told me about a series called Maximum Ride. She lent me her copy of "The Angel Expirement" and I just read and read and read. Up till late last night reading, but I'm still not done. Its sooooo addicting! And awesome! Fang owns and Iggy is just awesome, but so is Max- her narrations are funny sometimes.

Sooo, anyone read it? Anyone read the whole series? Don't give anything away though, 'cause I'm gonna read them all!
Back to top Go down
Eternal Silence
Admin
Admin
Eternal Silence

Female Number of posts : 6205
Roleplay Name : Arden Auiban
Awards : Maximum Ride series anyone? Esaward

PostSubject: Re: Maximum Ride series anyone?   Maximum Ride series anyone? EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 1:33 am

I made a topic about this EONNSSS ago. xD

MY FAVORITE SERIES EVER.
PERIOD.
HANDS-DOWN.

I read the Angel Experiment in fifth grade, and started this craze for the series in my elementary and middle school.

I love Igggggggggy.<3

The sixth book comes out in March, I think.
Back to top Go down
http://undertheorangetree.deviantart.com/
stephxluke
Farmer
Farmer
stephxluke

PostSubject: Re: Maximum Ride series anyone?   Maximum Ride series anyone? EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 2:21 am

Woops- didn't look through all the topics I guess... But yeah, Iggy and Fang are pretty... well... sexy. lol, especially on certain pictures on Deviantart (total fangirlishness coming out there) Even though they're 14, but hey, I'm fourteen so whatever!

Are the others just as good or better than the first?
Back to top Go down
Eternal Silence
Admin
Admin
Eternal Silence

PostSubject: Re: Maximum Ride series anyone?   Maximum Ride series anyone? EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 2:58 am

*Ahem*

Spoiler:

I could go on. 8D

I'M NOT OBSESSED.
Well, only a little, anyways. <3
Back to top Go down
stephxluke
Farmer
Farmer
stephxluke

PostSubject: Re: Maximum Ride series anyone?   Maximum Ride series anyone? EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 3:47 am

Haha, I never said Iggy wasn't. But I do like Fang too. hehe- I find myself loving book characters often (maybe because i've never met or liked one decent guy before) I felt bad for him when Max said he couldn't rescue Angel cause he was blind. But heck, he made up for it by blowing up the Erasers with Gazzy!

And since you did, I'm gonna post some pics of Fang!

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Maximum Ride series anyone? Fang510

Spoiler:

I had to put that last picture in, 'cause whoever that actor dude is, he's pretty hawt lol
Back to top Go down
Eternal Silence
Admin
Admin
Eternal Silence

PostSubject: Re: Maximum Ride series anyone?   Maximum Ride series anyone? EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 12:33 pm

I like Fang, too. In any case, Fang>>>>>>>>>Edward. But Iggy>>>>>>>Fang, imo.

The second book has sadness in it. Be prepared. D8
Back to top Go down
stephxluke
Farmer
Farmer
stephxluke

PostSubject: Re: Maximum Ride series anyone?   Maximum Ride series anyone? EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 6:48 pm

I liked your little comparrison. It made me laugh. And I'm almost done with the first, I have like 150 pages to go! Its funny though because the report isn't even due until a few weeks or maybe even a month. I read it that fast cause it was THAT good!

Sad? Oh no... Like makes you want to cry sad? Although, its good to have some sadness in books because it would get boring if everything was happy all the time.
Back to top Go down
stephxluke
Farmer
Farmer
stephxluke

PostSubject: Re: Maximum Ride series anyone?   Maximum Ride series anyone? EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 1:58 am

Ok so I finsihed the first book a few days ago and I'm halfway through the second. My thoughts...

1.) the whole thing with Iggy and his family made me want to cry
2.) I don't like Lissa at all (only got to the part where Max caught her and Fang kissing. Christine says it gets worse so don't tell me)
3.) Favorite lines.... "You're... A.... Refriderator with wings and we're... freaking... ballet dancers!" -Fang "Hey Fnick, can I have the remote?" "Sure thing, Figgy." -Fang and Iggy
4.) The whole Jeb/Ari/Anne thing is confusing
5.) I didn't know Total talked until after he said he could talk
Back to top Go down
Eternal Silence
Admin
Admin
Eternal Silence

PostSubject: Re: Maximum Ride series anyone?   Maximum Ride series anyone? EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 2:04 am

I put the book down and walked away after Iggy left. xD I went in my dad's room and stood there with my hands on my hips, yelling "IGGY'S GOOOONNNEEE."

That's one of my favorite lines, too. But don't worry. There are many, many quotable things to come. 8D

Tottaalllll is amazing.
Back to top Go down
stephxluke
Farmer
Farmer
stephxluke

PostSubject: Re: Maximum Ride series anyone?   Maximum Ride series anyone? EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 11:39 pm

Max ish emo! o.0 Kidding, but she's all like, "DIE CHIP IN MY ARM, DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!" *stabs arm* I felt bad for her... And I was reading the whole Iggy thing and just stood there, mouth opened and stunned. So I called my friend and was like, "Is Iggy in the rest of the books?!" and she said yeah so I breathed a sigh of relief.

Then wanted to cry when

SPOILER (just in case anyone wants to read the series in the future and happens to read this...)

Iggy's parents tried to make him a mutant freak model or whatever... Poor Iggy...

Total rocksssssssssssssssssss!
Back to top Go down
Eternal Silence
Admin
Admin
Eternal Silence

PostSubject: Re: Maximum Ride series anyone?   Maximum Ride series anyone? EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 12:17 am

Spoiler:

Max was just emotional. I love her, too. SHE'S EVERYTHING THAT BELLA SWAN IS NOT.
Back to top Go down
stephxluke
Farmer
Farmer
stephxluke

PostSubject: Re: Maximum Ride series anyone?   Maximum Ride series anyone? EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 3:24 am

Thats really funny, 'cause my mom said the exact same thing. She said, "Stephanie, I want you reading a book with a strong, independent female character" and I'm like, "How bout Max from Maximum Ride?" Then I described her. Max kicks butt and Bella's like "save me Edward! I shall kill myself for youuuuuu!"
Back to top Go down
Eternal Silence
Admin
Admin
Eternal Silence

PostSubject: Re: Maximum Ride series anyone?   Maximum Ride series anyone? EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 1:42 am

A;JLSFDSKLFJS;ALDFKJSA;LDKFJSADLKFJSAD;LKFJSADLKJF.

Just finished the....what is it, sixth book?
In a little less than 40 minutes. >.< I read fast, okay?!?

THERE ARE NO WOORRDDS.
NONE.
NADA.
ZERO.

...If any of you REALLY REALLY REALLY are DYING to read this book but JUST CAN'T because
A) You spent all your money on bubblegum and cheese and can't afford it
B) Your mom/dad/grandma/great-aunt Jemima banned all paper products, including toilet paper and books
or
C) You're hiding from 2012 in a small bomb shelter conveniently located underneath your closet and can't risk running out to the bookstore,

I will reveal the contents. If you PM me, just let me know.

ONLY IF YOU REALLY WANT SPOILERS.
If not, then I'm not saying anything.

...other than it was REALLYREALLYREALLYGOOD.

Spoiler:

BUT THAT IS IT.
Back to top Go down
stephxluke
Farmer
Farmer
stephxluke

PostSubject: Re: Maximum Ride series anyone?   Maximum Ride series anyone? EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 1:02 am

You....read...FANG?! *gasp* *faint* I've been waiting for that to come out but I've been on vacation and haven't been to a bookstore yet!!!!!! 40 minutes? Dang girly! Don't tell me anything!!!!! I...I didn't even know it came out *begs parents to let me go to the bookstore* I shall read it before the end of the week!!!!

For the record, I never really liked Angel much anyway
Back to top Go down
Eternal Silence
Admin
Admin
Eternal Silence

PostSubject: Re: Maximum Ride series anyone?   Maximum Ride series anyone? EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 1:05 am

Yes, I read Fang.

Yes, it was worth reading.

Yes, I NOW COMMAND YOU TO GO BUY/READ IT.
AS IN NOOOOW.

Yeah, but, even for Angel...it was almost like she was COMPLETELY out of character.

*SPOILERSPOILERSPOILER*
Spoiler:

ONLY READ THAT IF YOU MUST.
Back to top Go down
stephxluke
Farmer
Farmer
stephxluke

PostSubject: Re: Maximum Ride series anyone?   Maximum Ride series anyone? EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 1:12 am

I SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NEED TO GO GET IT!!!!! but my mom says I have to wait till Thursday when I go see Alice In Wonderland with my friends Erin and Mark...

Spoiler:

*Gasp* how dare she!!!! That little demonic *mutters angrily to self*..... The cover says Fang might die!!! Don't tell me don't tell me don't tell me! He better not die or I might personally write a complaint letter to a Mr. James Patterson
Back to top Go down
Eternal Silence
Admin
Admin
Eternal Silence

PostSubject: Re: Maximum Ride series anyone?   Maximum Ride series anyone? EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 8:00 pm

Wait, do you want me to tell you that Fang doesn't die, or that you don't want to hear if Fang dies or not?

:3

I'M SAYING NOTHING.

Don't look at reviews of the book if you don't want to know. They have MAJOR spoilers in them. I looked [after I read it]. Seriously, read the book first - it's worth it.
Back to top Go down
stephxluke
Farmer
Farmer
stephxluke

PostSubject: Re: Maximum Ride series anyone?   Maximum Ride series anyone? EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 10:03 pm

Ok, I'll make note of that. And don't tell me if Fang dies. I'm getting it in two hours I'm so excited!!!! My friend read it coming back from New York on the plane. She said it was amazing!!!! Does Iggy have a biggish role in it though? I like him, hes so awesome! But Fang= <33333333
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Maximum Ride series anyone?   Maximum Ride series anyone? Empty

Back to top Go down

Maximum Ride series anyone?
Page 1 of 1