Harvest Dreams
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeForum and Role Play RulesPortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Parties. O.o

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Eternal Silence
Admin
Admin
Eternal Silence

Female Number of posts : 6205
Roleplay Name : Arden Auiban
Awards : Parties. O.o Esaward

Parties. O.o Empty
PostSubject: Parties. O.o   Parties. O.o EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 8:20 pm

For those of you who know me...
LIFE OF THE PARTY OVER HERE WOOT WOOT.

XD Well, maybe not really, but I sure as heck do enjoy them immensely.
I'm fond of making a fool out of myself by dancing around like an idiot and generally bouncing around.
I blame sugar. >.>

So anyways. This time of the year is really party central down here - lots of birthdays/birthday parties around middle of March to the middle of April. Lots of parties because that's when our Spring Break is. I went to an (AWESOME) party last night, I'm going to another next weekend, and then my own birthday is the weekend after that.

I just randomly googled party ideas, and this is what I found on Answers:
Quote :
Why not a mad hatter tea party? No, this won't be your "formal" tea party, but where everyone kicks back and has fun.

Use Mis-matched china/paper plates and paper/plastic cups. NOTHING should remotely match. Have fresh or plastic flowers set up. The tackier they look, the better. Have beach chairs on the lawn as well as tacky lawn ornaments set up like pink plastic flamingos and a Cheshire cat. Include a game of croquet in your party plans as well as other lawn games, like horseshoes or bocce ball. A few simple card or board games set at individual tables with ugly/tacky table clothes will give those who don't want to participate in a physical game something to occupy their time. Play games like twister and bingo and hand out silly prizes from the dollar store.

Pick up enough over sized/silly looking hats from a craft store or Goodwill for each guest to have one. Pick up extra beads, felt tip markers, scraps of ribbon, scraps of felt/cloth, glitter, glitter glue, fabric paint, costume jewelry and a few glue guns and scissors. Make sure you have enough to go around. Have people decorate their own crazy hat to wear at the party.

Have cards spread around on the tables/lawn chairs with riddles on them. Have people turn them in when they solve it, put all the cards with the right answers in a hat or box and draw out so many of them at the end, giving a silly gag gift to the lucky recipient.

Serve cold home made punch and finger sandwiches and cookies (store bought is fine!) Put them on silly/tacky/goofy looking platters/plates. Next to the punch bowls/drinks put up little signs that say "drink me" and next to the finger foods, put up signs that say "eat me"

Draw further inspiration from the Mad Hatter Tea party from Alice in Wonderland.

And it sounds like a LOT of fun to me. What are your thoughts? Any ideas? I like really original party ideas...movie nights are boring, I don't like the mall that much (although one year, I did a scavenger hunt in the mall for my birthday...), etc etc.
Back to top Go down
http://undertheorangetree.deviantart.com/
Rosette
Admin
Admin
Rosette

Female Number of posts : 1904
Roleplay Name : Venus
Awards : Parties. O.o Hdbadge

Parties. O.o Empty
PostSubject: Re: Parties. O.o   Parties. O.o EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 9:28 pm

Party ideas in which movie themes that many can relate to during the time of the release makes the whole thing more magical than doing this idea a year later. That's a good way to bring in the hype. Smile That idea is really interesting. I really don't do much party themes like this so this, I would be interested in.

I think it's great since a lot of people just saw the movie.
Back to top Go down
http://http:harvestdreams.net
Eternal Silence
Admin
Admin
Eternal Silence

Female Number of posts : 6205
Roleplay Name : Arden Auiban
Awards : Parties. O.o Esaward

Parties. O.o Empty
PostSubject: Re: Parties. O.o   Parties. O.o EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 12:30 am

I don't really like themes, either, but this just seems too good to pass up. I mean, how much fun would it be just to decorate for it?

Ha, I sound really girly right now. >.> I do that when I'm excited. 8D
Back to top Go down
http://undertheorangetree.deviantart.com/
clairexcliff
Hero
Hero
clairexcliff

Male Number of posts : 4687
Roleplay Name : Amando
2nd char:Roan

Awards : Parties. O.o Cliffnov

Parties. O.o Empty