Harvest Dreams
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeForum and Role Play RulesPortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Jamglue shut down

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
afsangel
Special Member
Special Member
afsangel

Female Number of posts : 6693
Roleplay Name : Kazumi Martin

Awards : Jamglue shut down Afsangelaward-4

Jamglue shut down Empty
PostSubject: Jamglue shut down   Jamglue shut down EmptySat May 08, 2010 11:28 pm

i don't know how many of you people actually used jamglue. But it banned song downloads recently and now it shut down. Jamglue is a website where you can download songs for free, and i was pretty sure it was legal, maybe not, though. I don't know. Could be that all websites were you can download songs for free are illegal? I'm very ignorant with this sort of thing. But i was introduced to jamglue through my school last year. We used it in computer apps.
Back to top Go down
Kritten
Admin
Admin
Kritten

Female Number of posts : 8780
Roleplay Name : Kitty Kitz
Awards : Jamglue shut down Badge

Jamglue shut down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jamglue shut down   Jamglue shut down EmptyTue May 11, 2010 12:08 pm

If the song has copyright info it's illegal unless you buy it.
Every downloading site for music is illegal, so I'm pretty shure that they got in trouble and had to shut down as a result of a lawsuit.
Back to top Go down
afsangel
Special Member
Special Member
afsangel

Female Number of posts : 6693
Roleplay Name : Kazumi Martin

Awards : Jamglue shut down Afsangelaward-4

Jamglue shut down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jamglue shut down   Jamglue shut down EmptyTue May 11, 2010 7:23 pm

12kittycat1214 wrote:
If the song has copyright info it's illegal unless you buy it.
Every downloading site for music is illegal, so I'm pretty shure that they got in trouble and had to shut down as a result of a lawsuit.
Hm, probably. I naively thought if our school was using it than it had to be legal or something. I guess not. Anyway, I have loads of CD's, so i'll just download those into Media Player.
Back to top Go down
Eternal Silence
Admin
Admin
Eternal Silence

Female Number of posts : 6205
Roleplay Name : Arden Auiban
Awards : Jamglue shut down Esaward

Jamglue shut down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jamglue shut down   Jamglue shut down EmptyWed May 12, 2010 1:44 pm

I sent a reply to this the other day; I don't know why it didn't go through. D:

Anywho, as Kitty said, copyrighted music (basically everything you hear on the radio today) is illegal to download without paying for it. If you get it for free, that means the artist who recorded it isn't getting paid, so you're basically stealing from them.

An alternative is to, of course, listen to but not download music from online. That might not be what you're asking for, but I'm suggesting it anyways. Very Happy Have you tried Pandora? It's a free online kind of "radio station" where you can pick different "stations" depending on what genre you like. There's genres like Alternative/Indie, Soft Rock, Hard Rock, Jazz, and pretty much everything you can think of. (I have the iPod touch app for this, and it's pretty amazing.)
Back to top Go down
http://undertheorangetree.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

Jamglue shut down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jamglue shut down   Jamglue shut down Empty

Back to top Go down

Jamglue shut down
Page 1 of 1