Harvest Dreams
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeForum and Role Play RulesPortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

This is Halloween

Go down 
+3
Gigglegirlforever
35bell
Kritten
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Kritten
Admin
Admin
Kritten

Female Number of posts : 8780
Roleplay Name : Kitty Kitz
Awards : This is Halloween Badge

This is Halloween Empty
PostSubject: This is Halloween   This is Halloween EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 12:07 am

As most of you realize today was the biggest Halmark Holiday of the year. [Halmark Holiday = A day made up so buisnesses make money.] So tell me how it went, got it?

I handed out candy this year. About five minutes before handing out stuff I decided to dress up so I grabbed red lip gloss and a bunch of old bandages and a sling. (Not with blood on them, sickos--but for broken bones.) I told people I was maulled by a bear. On facebook I put up some pics and wrote it as 'Halloween 2010: Hit by a semi or Maulled by a bear? You decide.'

Back to top Go down
35bell
35bell

Female Number of posts : 5158
Roleplay Name : Genna Song

Awards : This is Halloween Bellnov

This is Halloween Empty
PostSubject: Re: This is Halloween   This is Halloween EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 4:04 am

xD

I'm Alice in Wonderland C: (old version, new version looks cinderellish) But i didn't go trick or treating this year because my feet hurt from working at the indoor halloween carnival.

When I was working at the trick or treating section (there's a big painted posterbard in front of you and there's a little hole from where you can give the kids candy. They can see you if they poke there head through ._.. Also you get 5 bags of different types of candy which is VERY TEMPTING, i ate about 6 pieces of candy. but anyways...) so I just worked there for about 3 hours snd there was the little girl who looked five years old and she said

"TRICK OR TREAT OR DIE 8DDDDD"

Me: "O.O I don't wanna die so here -gives a smartie-"

-goes away to next person-

Me: -goes to Kathy- "Can I work at the carnival games?"

Then after 8pm we got to murder the paper walls >D

Me: -rip-

Other people: -trashing the place down-

Otherwise it was fun 8D
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/35bell
Gigglegirlforever
Fledging Farmer
Fledging Farmer
Gigglegirlforever

Female Number of posts : 148
Roleplay Name : Riss Lucas

This is Halloween Empty
PostSubject: Re: This is Halloween   This is Halloween EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 8:40 am

Halloween is on the 30th of april for us.
(because i live in Tasmania, and Halloween was created on the other side of the world...or something like that....)
So for me, the title of this topic is 'That is Halloween'.
xD

It was great this year, cuz I went to a Halloween party and came through the BACK door and scared the socks off everyone! You should have SEEN my costume! ....i wasn't wearing a costume, i just came in a black dress and a black jacket, with black boots >8D (+ They were using candles cuz the lights went out + my voice is unusually deep and creepy)
....I'm talking about in april, not this month by the way...

xD
Back to top Go down
Skittles taste rainbow
Farmer
Farmer
Skittles taste rainbow

Female Number of posts : 986
Roleplay Name : Molly Grey,
Elizabeth Sto

This is Halloween Empty
PostSubject: Re: This is Halloween   This is Halloween EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 1:44 pm

Ahem...befor I say how it went...it seems you guys dont know about all hollows eve or the pegan (the origanal halloween).m Halloween is not a halmark holiday. It is just somthing the was stolen from the pegans day of passing holiday called SAmhain. (at least I think thats how you spell it...its pronounced shoween) It was the day that they left treats at their doors to give to the spirits so they would leav them alone...and when they burried apples so the spirits can have a bite to eat as they pass from the "real" woprld to the after life.... BUT! Some people went and dressed up as ghost and stuff to make the pegans give themm sweets and so they could take the stuff of the door steps. THAT is how halloween came up! OH and jack o lanterns...they were used to scare evil spirits off and protect you from them.

I went as a neko...I stayed home and gave out andy thoug. I got pics...but only head shots sadly x.x"
Back to top Go down
Ballad Of The Fool
Admin
Admin
Ballad Of The Fool

Female Number of posts : 1691
Roleplay Name : Savannah Stark
Awards : This is Halloween Balladdecmotm

This is Halloween Empty
PostSubject: Re: This is Halloween   This is Halloween EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 3:44 pm

Capitalist America/Conglomerate America also plays a big role in the candy industry for Halloween as well, making it a semi-Hallmark holiday too. XD

My Halloween was interesting. x:
I was some sort of black and white modern/steampunk-esque(?) rocker/pirate/thing. I went to my friend's house and a whole bunch of people came as well. There were three of the four Fanta girls, Gumby, Rice Farmer, Link/Peter Pan/Robin Hood, Tinkerbell, Waldo, and a Greek Goddess. Overall, it was pretty fun, but we didn't get to trick-or-treat a lot because we got chased down the street by some crazy eighth grade hooligans (Lol, us, high school seniors, running from eighth graders with eggs).
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1145250/
Eternal Silence
Admin
Admin
Eternal Silence

Female Number of posts : 6205
Roleplay Name : Arden Auiban
Awards : This is Halloween Esaward

This is Halloween Empty
PostSubject: Re: This is Halloween   This is Halloween EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 11:04 pm

The origins of Halloween are interesting. If I were to get into it, I would be here all night long. xD xD

YES YES YES, very interesting night indeed. My parents weren't too keen on the whole pagan ritual origin part of Halloween when I was younger, so I wasn't allowed to go trick-or-treating at all. When I got older, they let me go...which is, I guess, the opposite of most kids. O.o

My night was fun. *I know I'm posting this three days late, but eh.* I went to my friend Jess's house with my friends Lorena, Caitlin, Joyce, Danna, and Ryan, and we went trick or treating from there.

CANDY. LOTS AND LOTS OF CANDY.

I am a five-year-old at heart. Don't shoot me.
Back to top Go down
http://undertheorangetree.deviantart.com/
Semater
Farmer
Farmer
Semater

Male Number of posts : 265
Roleplay Name : Robert Phoenix

This is Halloween Empty
PostSubject: Re: This is Halloween   This is Halloween EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 10:18 pm

I so wish I had a digital camera =P Basically I set up the front of the house like the final stage in Castlevania: Rondo of Blood. The front steps had red carpeting tacked into place down along the middle and I had tall candle stands on either side of every other step. I was dressed up as Dracula and sat at the top with an empty wineglass in hand. i tossed candy down to trick or treaters like Drac tossed his wine glass in game. Would have been epic if someone had come dressed as Richter Belmont =P
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

This is Halloween Empty
PostSubject: Re: This is Halloween   This is Halloween Empty

Back to top Go down

This is Halloween
Page 1 of 1