Harvest Dreams
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeForum and Role Play RulesPortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

How to Weave a Web: A Tailor's Tale (OPEN)

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Limbo
Fledging Farmer
Fledging Farmer
Limbo

Male Number of posts : 121
Roleplay Name : Limbo

How to Weave a Web: A Tailor's Tale (OPEN) Empty
PostSubject: How to Weave a Web: A Tailor's Tale (OPEN)   How to Weave a Web: A Tailor's Tale (OPEN) EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 3:23 am

"Bloody weather- why does it always have to be so cold this time of year? Oh bugger- I forgot to pack my bumbershoot."

The voice came from the direction of a carriage that was sitting in the middle of the square, words leaving trembling lips as they mumbled. The soft tones left a fair skinned man, not too far into his twenties, nor too close in age to be confused with a youngster. His white gloved drew around his scarf, pulling it closer, not wanting the chill of the air to get him. The gentleman stayed quiet as he reached into the pocket of his overcoat, pulling out a small, tin flask and lifting it to his lips. His mouth curled down at the edges, a frown crossing his face as he turned the bottle upside down, shaking it gently- not a drop.

"And I'm all out of plonk- bollocks- this may just be a long morning."

Sluggishly he rose, slipping himself out the side of the carriage and to the ground, being careful not to miss a step. I'd look rather silly if I fell here, he thought to himself. That would be one hell of an introduction though, "Hey, look at me, I can't use my own feet."

His head shook with a chuckle, ivory lox shifting to reveal the decorative patch on the man's right eye, the other amber orb taking in the world around him.

Last edited by Limbo on Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gmoguy
Gmoguy

Male Number of posts : 926
Roleplay Name : Dante

PostSubject: Re: How to Weave a Web: A Tailor's Tale (OPEN)   How to Weave a Web: A Tailor's Tale (OPEN) EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 6:14 am

Dante was on a nearby bench, enjoying the slightly cold weather.
"I've always wondered what my fascination with colder weather is. Everyone in my family I swear is from the land of too bloody warm."
Dante slowly spoke to himself, something he truly cherishes whenever he's free of work. Alone with his own thoughts gave him time to juggle his thoughts and the occasional tidbit of knowledge that decided to speak aloud in his mind, interrupting the process.
Around this time while he was busy contemplating, he completely missed the carriage off to the side, across from him a few dozen feet. That is, until a positively over dressed man slowly crawled out of said carriage.
This sight, which is not a normal occurrence(by no means does it not happen though), caught the surgeon's eye like most situations and small movements.
"I wonder where he comes from to be dressed as neatly as that in the middle of the square.......in a carriage none the less. Either he had money or works with fabric often." Another thought to himself,(maybe talking to someone would be better?)
"No sense staying here, after all, curiosity killed the cat. And this guy has definitely proved interesting."
Dante stood up and began a slow pace towards the seemingly out of place man.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/QuarterAfterZero
Limbo
Fledging Farmer
Fledging Farmer
Limbo

PostSubject: Re: How to Weave a Web: A Tailor's Tale (OPEN)   How to Weave a Web: A Tailor's Tale (OPEN) EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 6:42 am

"Alright Sir, 'ere are your parcels. Got 'ere on time jus' like I said Gov'."

The second voice came from the carriage driver, a mustache baring man with signs of Time's touch on him. His boney arms reached out for a leather briefcase, nimbly grabbing and tossing it towards the young man on the ground below.

The gentleman gave a small gasp as the case flew through the air, legs scuttling quickly after it, arms open to receive it. It almost slipped through his fingers, but he held it tight, fingers forming a vice-like grip as he pulled it to his chest.

"Hey, careful with those you-."

He paused a moment, mind racing to the second box on top of the carriage- there was no way he would insult the man who was retrieving it.

"Should know that these are fragile- we can't have them be thrown around," he exclaimed, pausing a moment as thoughts raced to what was actually inside those particular containers. "While it's different on a carriage ride, if any of these were dashed against the ground-. Why, most of the contents would be irreplaceable."

The older man grew quiet, his eyebrows lowering slightly as the youngster went on- but he followed the request, slipping off carefully, placing the armload sized crate on the cobblestone in silence. He then shook his head, clamoring up to his seat before gazing at the white haired one.

"There- she's all taken 'are of, you gawt no more worries Sir. Odd fellow, odd requests, but I gawt to feed me family. Enjoy your stay 'ere in Mineral Town Sir."

Before the Tailor could reply there was a cracking sound followed by an "Aye' ho'," hooves jumping to life as the horses started to take off. In a moment he was gone, rushing off back home, but not without almost taking a lamp-post with him.

"Old codger- make it home safe, the man murmured softly, his eye following the cart out as far as he could see. It faded from view, leaving the mind of the fellow, his attention now turning to the crate near those boot covered feet. He hadn't even noticed the man coming towards him, mind too frazzled from the near start he had when his case was tossed. Ah- now to just deal with you. The crate- you're not my buddy you know- you're contents on the other hand, those are my buddies.
Back to top Go down
Arwan
Farmer
Farmer
Arwan

Male Number of posts : 235

PostSubject: Re: How to Weave a Web: A Tailor's Tale (OPEN)   How to Weave a Web: A Tailor's Tale (OPEN) EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 4:54 am

"What a wonderful day off, perfect time of year in my book." Arwan said to himself as he walked down the streets of Mineral Town. His arms loaded to the brim with lesson plans and activities he was planning to use for his class. "What the..." Arwan muttered to himself as he turned to see a carriage swerving his way, he dropped his mater and jumped to the side as the carriage clattered past.

Arwan muttered a curse as he stood up and brushed off his trench coat and rearranged his classes. "What was that about?" He asked as he turned around to see what caused the hasty retreat of the carriage driver. He followed the tracks back to where the starting point was, "What could that man have done to inspire such a frantic flight?" He bent down to pick up his materials, which were now slightly wet from the snow.
Back to top Go down
StarGazing
StarGazing

Female Number of posts : 40
Roleplay Name : Star Olivia Wright

PostSubject: Re: How to Weave a Web: A Tailor's Tale (OPEN)   How to Weave a Web: A Tailor's Tale (OPEN) EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 7:15 am

She bent over placing her hands on her knees breathing loudly, her long purple pig tails caressing her face softly as she sagged her head. Star's throat stung as she breathed in the cold crisp air sharply trying to catch her breath. She almost couldn't hear her thoughts because of her harsh breathing...almost.

Star mentally slapped herself, she knew that it was going to be a bad idea to leave her home town but she just had to come and see what kind of ribbons they sold here. Full caramel lips curved into a small smile thinking about what colors, patterns, and different fabrics they had but her smile left as quickly as it came. Now all she wanted was to go home. Star slowly stood up when she finally got some control over her breathing.

"I need to find someone to help me." she thought aloud. The orange ribbons holding up her bright purple pigs tails flicked up when she saw a nicely dressed man standing in the middle of the plaza looking at his luggage. The tanned woman almost skipped when headed in the man's direction.

The soft sound of her shoes rapidly hitting the snowy floor echoed through the place. Her long hair wipping back and forth behind her as she made her way to the man. Star saw another walking towards him as well. It had her thinking maybe if the this one couldn't give her a answer then perhaps the other could.

Only a few feet away form him she saw that he had unusual pure white hair. She raised her hand waving slightly to get his attention. "Excuse me sir, but can you help..." Trailing off she slowed her pace when she saw in her peripheral vision a man bent over picking things up.

Her hands gripped the orange baggy sweater that hung loosely over her shoulder, contemplating whether or not to go and help him or just ignore him and continue onward. "It wont take along time to just help the guy." she told herslef turning the other direction and raced over to help the man.

Closer to the him she asked aloud, "Do you need any h-HEEE..." her dark brown shoes not able to grip anything with the snow around caused her to slip. Extending her hands she caught herself on the closest thing around her which so happened to feel broad and like fabric. Star knew what she was holding onto so quickly she detached her hands from the man's shoulders. Bending down she help pick up some paper she saw on the snowy ground and handed them back to the man with her head turned.

"Sorry sir." she apologized trying not to make eye contact even though she knew it was rude.
Back to top Go down
Limbo
Fledging Farmer
Fledging Farmer
Limbo

PostSubject: Re: How to Weave a Web: A Tailor's Tale (OPEN)   How to Weave a Web: A Tailor's Tale (OPEN) EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 7:50 am

A voice caught the man's attention, his head lifting to gaze in the direction of the sound- it was distinctly feminine. Purple strands floated as the woman dashed towards him, her voice starting to cut itself off now- what had she been meaning to say?

The gentleman started to rise, lifting a hand up to gesture as he began to speak. "Can you say that again Mi-," his words left him quietly as she started to move further away with a sudden turn. He followed the direction of her gaze, eyes noticing another man stooped and working to grab his belongings, his mind wondering how he hadn't noticed him until now.

The woman's vocals played in the air again, being cut down again by a swift blow of snow, causing the girl to slide into the other man. Amber orb gazed quietly at her, head turning to look about, catching sight of another bloke heading his way. How in bloody hell's sake did I not notice all of these people around me- you'd swear an army could sneak up on me at this rate.

"You're going to have to excuse me my good sir," the tailor murmured to the man closest to him, his arm motioning to the commotion off to the side, being careful to nod have his gloved hands point. "There seems to be some sort of game afoot over there and a lady has fallen, it needs to be attended to immediately."

With his words done he strolled off, boots taking careful steps through the sea of white, making his way towards the stooped couple. "Is everyone okay over here," he asked softly, a smooth, sophisticated voice rolling out and off his tongue as he continued. "All I noticed was a dash of purple and then a collision of people."
Back to top Go down
StarGazing
StarGazing

PostSubject: Re: How to Weave a Web: A Tailor's Tale (OPEN)   How to Weave a Web: A Tailor's Tale (OPEN) EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 8:25 am

Her orange ribbons flicked up at the sudden male voice behind her, it had a slit accent that she couldn't put her finger on. She tried leaning her head back to see who the man was that spoke, only to get a glimpse of white hair.

"White hair?" it slipped past her lips.

Realizing that it was the man that she was pursuing before she quickly stood up on her feet, slightly losing her balance for the second time today. She turned slowly to the man not wanting to make more of a fool of herself. It seemed that today was just getting worse.

Facing the man she gave him a quick once over, then answered him. "Yes, everything is fine. Except my pride." she giggled, extended her hand in hopes for a friendly shake.

With a small smile and her cheeks turning a shade of pink from the cold air, she introduced herself. "My name is Star. I was hoping to ask you a question, Mr... OH, and sorry about the white hair thing. Just slipped out." she softly apologized.

Back to top Go down
Limbo
Fledging Farmer
Fledging Farmer
Limbo

PostSubject: Re: How to Weave a Web: A Tailor's Tale (OPEN)   How to Weave a Web: A Tailor's Tale (OPEN) EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 9:20 am

His lips curled at one of their corners at the mention of his hair color, the questioning tone causing a small chuckle to leave him- was it really a shocking sight? He didn't let it bother his mind, shaking the words off mentally, instead drawing his attention on her. As she started to move his body language shifted, becoming more cautious as he watched her nearly slip again- this woman was definitely not built to deal with snow.

Her hand slipped out, garnering his attention to it, his amber eye shimmering as he mistook her invitation to a handshake as something more common back home. That amber orb stayed on her, trying to gauge the woman's reaction for a moment- perhaps she wouldn't mind. He slipped his hand under her's, body bending forward in a small bow as he brought her hand to his lips, giving it a light peck of greeting. It was no more and no less, the young gentleman leaning back again, leather-bound fingers sluggishly slipping out from under her's to leave them alone once more.

"Ah, good morning Miss Star," the smooth voice spoke again, accent drawing out into the open air again, screaming "God Save the Queen" in each and every word. "As for a proper introduction." He drew back up fully now, growing to his full height now, gazing down at her with his eye as he trailed on. "Limbo, you may call me Limbo. As for your questions, you may feel free to ask away, but I may not promise that I hold any or all of the answers you seek- but I'll answer them to the best of my ability."

She then mentioned her hair comment again, the man's lips curling upwards into that delighted smirk, seeming rather satisfied at the notice his locks were getting.

"Oh, it is quite alright, no use minding every comment about my hair that is said. After all, it's not a common natural color for most."
Back to top Go down
Arwan
Farmer
Farmer
Arwan

PostSubject: Re: How to Weave a Web: A Tailor's Tale (OPEN)   How to Weave a Web: A Tailor's Tale (OPEN) EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 9:17 pm

"Sometimes I love the snow sometimes I hate it with a passion..." muttered Arwan as he stood up, clutching his materials. He began to walk towards the small group and overheard the reference to the hair, "Not common or natural yes, good sir, but you are not alone." Arwan said with a grin as he came up to them. "It is nice to see some new faces in town, my name is Arwan." He said offering a hand to Limbo and Star, "I am a teacher from Forget-Me-Not Valley, but visit here often. I have not seen you two around here before, new to Mineral Town I take it."
Back to top Go down
StarGazing
StarGazing

PostSubject: Re: How to Weave a Web: A Tailor's Tale (OPEN)   How to Weave a Web: A Tailor's Tale (OPEN) EmptySun Dec 18, 2011 12:38 am

The corner of her mouth formed into a crooked smile, watching the man take her hand and placing a light peck on the back. A giggle slipped. "Pleasure meeting you. Your quit the gentleman but I simple hand shake would have been just fine sir...I mean, Limbo." she stated softly.

Her eyes shifted back and forth awkwardly, not very comfortable calling him by his name when she barely knew the man. She felt like she didn't have the right, mother would be scolding her right now. Keeping her eye looking to the side, she took her hand back slowly, tucking them back in her sleeves to keep them warm from the chill air.

Hearing the man say that he would answer her question as best as he could, sky blue eye darted back to the man's face, excitement flowing through it like harsh waves hitting the beach shore. Her face was glowing, squealing with a slight jump to her step as she moved closer to the man.

Finally she was PROABLY going to go home. Her lips parted ready to ask away. Instead a voice behind Star startled her which caused her to jump, trip forward on the snow, and grab onto poor Limbo's jacket.

She sighed deeply mumbling. "I am really not made for the snow. Sad that I love it too much to not stay away from it." looking up she apologized for stumbling into the man, slowly she stood back up using Limbo as leverage.

Finally up another apology flow out with the chill breeze. Star turned her head to see that the one talking was the man she also stumbled into and helped. He talked about white hair and it not being common, looking up she saw that he also had white hair. She felt horrible about her comment even though Limbo assured her that he took no offence to it.

Regardless she smiled and took the man, Arwan's hand and gave it a small shake with her sleeved covered hand. "Nice to meet you Arwan. I shouldn't have said anything about his hair anyways because look at mine, its purple for goodness sake." she giggled.

"Uh, I came to see the tailor..." she gasped loudly when she heard that Arwan was a teacher.

A tan hand grasped Limbo's sleeve, making sure that she wouldn't fall making her way closer to Arwan. "I always wanted to be a teacher! What grade do you teach?" her previous questions completely forgotten.
Back to top Go down
Limbo
Fledging Farmer
Fledging Farmer
Limbo

PostSubject: Re: How to Weave a Web: A Tailor's Tale (OPEN)   How to Weave a Web: A Tailor's Tale (OPEN) EmptySun Dec 18, 2011 2:57 am

"Perhaps it would have sufficed," the gentleman replied with a grin, his eye gazing towards her, taking the woman's image into his mind- now he had a face to go with the name. "But anything less then such an introduction to a lady would make me regret my birth." He chuckled at this thought, though somewhat morbid, it certainly did tickle his fancy.

Her gaze flew to him, eye and face beaming at his reply, causing his smile to grow back into focus. Lips moved, words almost forming from her lips- so close to pouring out- before she was startled and fell forward onto the poor chap. He caught her with a small grunt- catching falling damsels was not a usual part of his routine, and his health had never helped him to be very good at it. She sighed and apologized, Limbo giving a shake of his head before gently trying to help her back up.

"Ah- sadly we can't all be made for snow- I'm not built for it myself- but now was the soonest time of the year I could send myself this way." He replied softly, voice seeming to trail off as his mind slipped into darkness, starring into the bleakness of the events that had brought him into town. Yes- send myself away- that's quite a good way to put it. You have no home to travel to anymore- home no longer exists- it was a sending.

Another voice brought him into the light of reality again, his amber orb snapping wide for a moment before it blinked, returning to normal. "Hm- oh yes, I can see that now- but I must admit, mine's been growing naturally this way for a long time. No dyes, no bleaches- just living." He chuckled again, trying to shake off the cold feeling he had crawling in his stomach, bringing some relief to himself as he extended a firm handshake before continuing. "It's nice to meet you Sir, it's not often I get to run into another educated man. May I ask what you teach in Forget-Me-Not?

The woman spoke again- his heart stopping, eye flickering quickly to her as she mentioned she had come to see the Tailor. I- the Tailor- but how- I don't recall sending any forward notices. Or- is it that obvious what I do for a living- or maybe-. The gentleman's gaze grew more intense now as a sudden thought rolled in, a familiar face running inside his head, laughing at him from the shadows.

"The Tailor you say- are you talking about me Lady Star," Limbo inquired quietly, his smooth voice shaking slightly, evening out as he continued to talk. "And I would advice to take-." His arm extended, offering itself to the young lady if she chose to take it, giving her a sturdier support than the coat she was grasping onto. "My arm instead of my coat if you please. You'll be sure to find your footing much safer."
Back to top Go down
Arwan
Farmer
Farmer
Arwan

PostSubject: Re: How to Weave a Web: A Tailor's Tale (OPEN)   How to Weave a Web: A Tailor's Tale (OPEN) EmptySun Dec 18, 2011 3:06 am

"I teach all grade levels, as teachers go I am the only one in the Valley." Arwan said grinning at her enthusiasm. "There aren't to many students down in the Valley anyway, so it does help to a degree." He moved his papers into his case, "Purple hair, hy daysave not seen that since my days at college." He said grinning. "And I agree with you on the snow, love it and hate it at the same time. What is your take on it my fellow white haired gentleman." Arwan asked as he looked around the village.

His gaze turned to Limbo, "I specialize in writing and history, good sir. And may I ask what you do, I heard about tauloring." He eyed the luggage, "That looks quite heavy, have you two found a place to stay at all? I can escort the two of you to the inn if you'd like."
Back to top Go down
StarGazing
StarGazing

PostSubject: Re: How to Weave a Web: A Tailor's Tale (OPEN)   How to Weave a Web: A Tailor's Tale (OPEN) EmptySun Dec 18, 2011 3:53 am

She turned to Limbo and nodded her head with a bright smile. "Thank you. That would be a lot better." she chuckled nervously, both her arms wrapped around his. "Sorry I'm such a cults."

She was so embarrassed, falling all over the place made her look like she was a new born baby animal trying to walk for the first time. She really thanked the weather for making her cheeks so pink or the guys would have seen her huge blush that was rising to her cheeks.

Star turned her attention back to Arwan. Her excitement came back full force as she listened to him. "Gosh, your such a lucky man. I have been trying to get a job as a teacher but, well I just got to keep trying." she spoke with much hope in her voice. She wanted to tell them both that her hair was not dyed... "Such a silly story to bore them with...isn't it mama?" she shook her head trying to keep her mind from drifting.

Her head snapped to Limbo, she felt like she was going to explode. "Your...you're the tailor?!" she couldn't help her voice rising. She had to resist hugging this man's arm. "May I look at your supplies? I traveled here to find a tailor and see what different things I could find other then what I have at home." she squealed. "I'm so excited, I...I just...I want to..." she couldn't even finish just smiled, giggling uncontrollably.

She didn't hear anything that came after. All that she could think was that she found what she was looking for but what was she forgetting. "WHO CARES!"her inner self burst out loud.
Back to top Go down
Limbo
Fledging Farmer
Fledging Farmer
Limbo

PostSubject: Re: How to Weave a Web: A Tailor's Tale (OPEN)   How to Weave a Web: A Tailor's Tale (OPEN) EmptySun Dec 18, 2011 5:16 am

"Oh, no need to be sorry, it happens to anyone at some point in time." He chuckled slightly at the tight grip she had on him- at least he knew she'd be safe from slipping- unless they both went down.

His attention was drawn to the learned man in front of him, a nod of the head being given as he heard the subjects. "Ah, writing is a very amazing subject to teach I'll bet, the literature of our times is someone entirely new compared to the works of our parents and grandparents, it's improved quite a bit over the years," the man babbled, keeping light and pleasant conversation with the teacher. His amber orb shimmered as his occupation came into questioning from the couple with him, he could now answer both the woman and the man's question with ease now, how greatly things worked out.

"Indeed, I happen to be a Tailor Madame and Monsieur, it's been the trade of my family for more than ten generations," Limbo remarked proudly, a gloved hand raising to gesture with an open palm. He then closed it, giving a snap of the wrist before he opened it again, revealing a spool of ashen hued thread. As the questions from the young lady started to pour in he was starting to wonder whether he was getting ahead of himself- nah, a warm and welcomed entrance was always preferred by the man, he wasn't anywhere near ahead of himself.

The smooth toned voice continued to seep out, pooling and weaving words into the air, growing more suave and controlled as they came. "Yes, you may very well browse my supplies Lady Star, but I'd prefer it if we were someplace say- much warmer and out of this bloody white fluff." He shifted his body slightly, gaze turning to Arwan now, head nodding before that smile flickered onto his lips again. "I would be quite pleased to see this inn you mentioned, I'll need some time to finish the paperwork required to live here, and that would be a rather keen place to start. Not to mention if they have some plonk or some fine bottles of wine, I'd be extremely delighted to harbor myself there awhile."
Back to top Go down
StarGazing
StarGazing

PostSubject: Re: How to Weave a Web: A Tailor's Tale (OPEN)   How to Weave a Web: A Tailor's Tale (OPEN) EmptySun Dec 18, 2011 5:45 am

"Hmm?" she questionably looked at the pale man, then looking about herself, flakes of snow were piling up nicely on her shoulder and arm that laid out from under the man's arm. "Yes, some place warm where I don't trip into every person I meet would be nice."

She shook her arm freeing it from the chilling snow. "Hope you don't mind me holding onto you, si...Limbo. Till we reach the Inn." she couldn't get use to calling him Limbo. "May I ask, what is your maiden name?"
Back to top Go down
Arwan
Farmer
Farmer
Arwan

PostSubject: Re: How to Weave a Web: A Tailor's Tale (OPEN)   How to Weave a Web: A Tailor's Tale (OPEN) EmptySun Dec 18, 2011 8:43 am

"Sounds all good to me, the Inn does have a fine selection of wine and other spirits." Arwan said as he gestured towards Limbo's bags. "Would you need a hand carrying those at all, they do look a bit bulky and the carriage seems to have run off and run me over." He commented with a grin. "Yes I do consider myself lucky to land this teaching job, but I think you might have the potential too Star, trying is the best you can do."

"Yes literature nowadays definitely has changed since our grandparents time" He said as he began to usher Star and Limbo down the street. "I do favor some of the older authors, but a few nowadays have caught my eye." He led them down the road until he came upon the Inn. "Over the summer there was fire here, so it may still smell a bit like smoke but they have recovered from that event."
Back to top Go down
Limbo
Fledging Farmer
Fledging Farmer
Limbo

PostSubject: Re: How to Weave a Web: A Tailor's Tale (OPEN)   How to Weave a Web: A Tailor's Tale (OPEN) EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 10:19 pm

At her question the man's eye seemed to grow deep, almost becoming a golden puddle- before it shimmered, mischief playing in it now as he spoke. "Well, I suppose you could ask, but I would graciously decline to answer the question," Limbo replied smoothly, lip curling into a playful grin now. "For my name has been neither lucky, nor unlucky. I was born between heaven and hell- and my household is no more." His head turned now, hiding the downward curl that teased his lips, the thoughts running through his mind.

His head perked up as he heard the offer to have some help, a nod being given before- like magic- the pearly smile arose. "Oh, I would appreciate it most kindly my good sir. If you wouldn't mind taking the second one next to me here- need to keep balance for two you know." With a laugh the man started to shift the case in his hand, drawing it tighter to him, trying to keep it further from the great fluff coating the ground below it. "As for the driver- Clancy- he's a fine old codger, been ferrying what was left of my family for years- this is to be his final voyage with the LaChance family.

The Tailor trailed along with the lady upon his arm, taking great care to make sure both his and her balance were fine at all moments as the inn drew closer. It appeared tiny at first, but as it grew into view it started to fill out more- still small, but rather cozy looking. "Ah- fire isn't always the worst thing to happen to a place- but I'm glad it's still standing. I doubt the smell will bother me though," the man commented, his eye glittering again. "There are plenty of ways to fix the smell of smoke- and the smell of wine is quite refreshing."

His attention turned now, gaze falling on the young, purple-haired figure attached to him. Limbo's face beamed slightly now, growing with excitement as he asked one single question. "I do believe you have alot of questions for me that you would like to discuss correct?

Last edited by Limbo on Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
StarGazing
StarGazing

PostSubject: Re: How to Weave a Web: A Tailor's Tale (OPEN)   How to Weave a Web: A Tailor's Tale (OPEN) EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 5:04 am

A sky blue eye widen in shock, marveled at how fast the man's eye just changed so quickly. The answer that she receive from the thin man didn't change her expression. Her eye did soften when he turned from her, leaning forward she tried to look at him, apologizing softly.

The walk to the Inn Star stayed quiet, looking down at her feet concentrating on her stepping, but drifting back to her thoughts once in awhile. She didn't even notice that her grip on the poor man's arm grew tighter every time her mind wondered. When she finally looked up is when she heard Arwan speaking about the building that was now in view. Her mood lightened up a bit; the Inn looked very cozy, she felt right at home.

Smiling warmly she squeezed tailor's arm, resting her cheek on his arm. "I wish Tom was here. He would have loved it so much."

"Huh?" it came out quiet. She looked up at him dreamingly still holding the warm smile on her mocha lips, cheek still lying on his arm. "Oh yes, um..." finally she let go of his arm, backing a good distance away from the kind man.

"What kind of clothing do you specialize in? This may sound silly but you do anything with eye patch?" she lightly touch her covered eye. "The ones my mother gave me are boring. They are colorful but I would like something more...I don't, just different. How about bows? Oh, or maybe..." her ranting stop as she grabbed the hem of her sweater.

Lifting up her baggy sweater and turtle neck she pulled out a dark maroon jacket; fishnets occupying the high collar, end of the long sleeves, and the back; which if put on would end at mid thigh, small designs of stars woven at the end of the fishnet. You could see that the jacket was badly damaged, sleeve almost torn off, long cuts lay on the back and front, fishnet having several holes and hung out of place. Reaching in her pocket she showed Limbo a star brooch with many small diamonds, it was once attached to the collar. (Not very good at describing clothes, sorry.)

"It's very special to me, could you maybe have a look? The poor thing has not been in good shape lately and the shop in my town couldn't help me." hope pouring out in every word.
Back to top Go down
Arwan
Farmer
Farmer
Arwan

PostSubject: Re: How to Weave a Web: A Tailor's Tale (OPEN)   How to Weave a Web: A Tailor's Tale (OPEN) EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 5:39 am

As the two of them talked Arwan brought Limbo's bag to the front desk and rang the bell for the inn keeper. "That is quite the lovely brooch you have there." He said stepping a bit closer, readjusting his glasses. "I have been meaning to ask about the eyepatch but my mother taught me to be poliet." He said quietly, but quickly grinned. "How about a drink while we wait for the inn keeper, he seems to be quite busy at the moment." He took off his trench coat and offered his arm for the rest of the coats to hang up.
Back to top Go down
Limbo
Fledging Farmer
Fledging Farmer
Limbo

PostSubject: Re: How to Weave a Web: A Tailor's Tale (OPEN)   How to Weave a Web: A Tailor's Tale (OPEN) EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 6:55 am

The poor man's arm didn't seem to grow in pain as might have been imagined, the sleeves he was wearing seeming to absorb anything capable of crushing his fragile limb- though it was a thin looking coat. His arm did feel a particular squeeze, seeming friendly and warm compared to the others, which was proven to be so as the woman's cheek laid on it. The gentleman's head tilted to the side at the mention of Tom, his gaze falling to her with slight confusion as if to check the name over internally. "Tom- cat," he asked quietly, images of a gray furred feline and a brown mouse suddenly harassing his brain. Nah- the idea would never be a hit.

Her gaze caused his smile to warm up considerably, head giving a nod of confirmation as she came back to reality, he was indeed talking to her. She backed up, distancing herself from the gentleman, leaving his arm to the warmth of the man's coat again as she started to ask questions. "Well, I mostly specialize in fire garments for gentlemen and ladies such as yourself," the Tailor replied, a gloved hand gesturing towards Arwan with a wave of the hand before the wave motioned to the young lady. "Though nothing is too much of a challenge for me, if given enough time for quality and craftsmanship to flow from my fingers."

As the word "eyepatch" came out Limbo's head tilted again, ivory locks shifting more to reveal the decorative patch he was currently wearing. "Oh, it isn't a silly question at all Lady Star, it's actually quite a rare question. Yes, I can do quite a bit with patches- the one I'm wearing is only a minimum example of what I can do with a lowly standard piece of work. The best are left within my case for now, I could show them to you sometime if you'd like to see them, but for now- I think we'll let them rest until they are needed."

He started to rub his chin at the mention of bows, his head nodding as he confirmed silent questions within his mind. "Yes, bows can be done, it all depends on what you want done with them, what patterns, will the bow have bows on it, and other related questions."

As the dark hued jacket was pulled out the man grew silent, hand slipping into the breast pocket of his coat to pull out a monocle, helping to magnify his view of the fabrics in front of him. He reached out, gently scooping the fabric in one arm, perusing over the article without a word. He then spoke, first softly, then smooth and carefully as a verdict for the coat was claimed.

"Hm- she's heavily damaged and tattered- but, from what I see before me, it is quite possible to restore it for a cost." The monocle was dashed away, the man focusing on the gem, then back to the woman and her jacket. "It will cost you- let's see here- I think accepting an invitation to a glass of wine sounds fair enough." Mischievous grin crossed his lips, playful and free, eye shimmering as he pulled out a piece of paper and a pen. "All you have to do is put down 'IOU- colon- Invitation to Glass of Wine'- then sign your name at the bottom. That should about do it."

The Tailor gingerly started to wrap the jacket up in a bundle of fabric he pulled out of his coat, the compressed sheet of black enjoying the fresh air and it's new task. The word "eye patch" was heard again, Limbo's orb turning to gaze at Arwen, smile not leaving as he started to speak. "Her's or mine- as for a drink, yes. A good bit of plonk will do it for me I assume. As for my coat- I'll keep it on for now, but thanks for the offer to hang it for me."
Back to top Go down
StarGazing
StarGazing

PostSubject: Re: How to Weave a Web: A Tailor's Tale (OPEN)   How to Weave a Web: A Tailor's Tale (OPEN) EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 6:44 pm

She grinned at Limbo's question, answering with much delight. "Yes, he is my chubby baby. With his companion Jerry, my mouse." she quietly giggled to herself at her joke.

She shifted from one foot to the other, listening to the tailor answer all her questions. She thought about how much her mother would love this man fixing her up a few outfits, though her father would just laugh and continue on with his day leaving her mother to have whatever she wished, no matter how ridiculous they would be.

Her eye shifted to his own, finally seeing that he too had an eye patch. Moving back up to him she light grazed his patch just wanting to feel the texture of the patch. "I must say that I love it." stepping back she touched her own, simple little white cloth blanketed her eye today. A pout made it way to her lips when she heard that she would have see the patch some other time. She felt childish, nodding her head that she understood.

A smile quickly replaced the childish pout, squealing with delight. "Oh wonderful, I have many ideas but I will wait like the eye patches."

Gingerly handing Limbo her jacket she watched closely, a crooked smile playing on her lips, trying to hold back the giggle that so desperately wanted to slip out. She always thought monocles looked silly, especially the men that came to her grandmother's old home when she had her "Grand" parties. "Wonder how the sweet old thing is doing?" The image of an wrinkly old woman with a loving smile faded away when heard the man's smooth accent.

"Whine? Are you sure Mr. Limbo, I could pay you. Just name your price." hesitantly she grasped the pen and paper from him.

Her eye light up when she remembered something. "Oh wait!" she put the pen and paper in her pocket. Lifting her hands up to her pig tails, giving both orange plaid bows a light tug they came undone. Light purple hair dropping further down to the floor like a wild river. Lightly grabbing his wrist she tied the bow around it, then doing the same to Arwan but on his opposite. She chuckled, "Silly thing I do when meeting new people. It will also remind me about the bows I had in mind."

Looking back at Arwan she pointed to her eye patch with a grin on her face. "This little beauty is just a accident that now has made me blind." she touched it lovingly. "So I cover it with something it does not hold anymore, as for your drink offer..." she wrapped her arm under Arwan's and Limbo's arms. "I would love to, lead the way good sir."
Back to top Go down
Arwan
Farmer
Farmer
Arwan

PostSubject: Re: How to Weave a Web: A Tailor's Tale (OPEN)   How to Weave a Web: A Tailor's Tale (OPEN) EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 11:04 pm

"Gladly." Arwan said as he escorted the group towards a booth set in one of the more secluded parts of the bar. "I will grab us a list of wine while I put these jackets away, so just make yourselves comfortable." He took the offered jackets and walked towards the closet. On his way back swung by the bar and ordered three red wines and picked up a menu. Balancing the three ruby red glasses on one hand he put down the money and walked back to the booth. Gently he set a glass in front of each of them, "My treat, a toast to new friends. " He said as he raised glass to the the toast.
Back to top Go down
Limbo
Fledging Farmer
Fledging Farmer
Limbo

PostSubject: Re: How to Weave a Web: A Tailor's Tale (OPEN)   How to Weave a Web: A Tailor's Tale (OPEN) EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 4:51 am

A hand reached out for his empty eye- the patch covered emptiness which once was. She caressed the fabric, marveling in it's velvety sensation, in the quality of the work. He didn't know how to react- the man's golden eye watching her hand as he stayed silent, daring not to breathe. As her fingers drew back his breath returned to normal, gaze still not leaving her, a surprised look in his stare. She had touched him in a way no one had dared- no one neared so close to what was lost, nor ever touched what was no longer there.

"I'm glad you like it," the man whispered softly, almost as if he were talking to the dead themselves. "It is the first of many, many patches- and I doubt it will be near the last for many years to come." As her pout crossed those lips his own curled into a smile, trying hard not to let a chuckle sneak out. Adorable. At the mention of wine hit the air his smile grew to a large grin, the man's appetite for the drink becoming refreshed- he had run out of the drink on his way here after all.

"Yes, I am quite positive. Just fill out and sign the IOU and you'll be set. It is the only price I am willing to accept right now." He crossed his arms as he spoke, impish delight filling the window to his soul, the man's playful nature drawing itself to the surface now. "After all, I do set my own prices per-. Silence hit him as the Tailor's wrist was bound by a piece of fabric, the man not sure whether to take it off or to stay looking puzzled- he took it in stride, waiting a moment as she explained herself. "I'm- not sure I would call it silly- but it will definitely help your memory about your bows." Her hair- wow- such silky lengths- how did they get to be so long?

"Oh, thank you my good sir, that would be splendid, splendid indeed. Not a moment to soon the teacher arrived back, handing the gentleman a glass of wine, which was soon raised. "Indeed Arwen, a toast to new meetings. May our paths cross again, may your ventures never fail, and may our trails be forever glorious," Limbo uttered charismatically, voice carrying vigor and strength with it. His glass was bought before his gaze, the man taking in the coloration of the liquid, giving it a gentle swirl before it was brought near his nose- he sniffed it.

It will do, it will do nicely. Lips opened sluggishly, a small sip drawing the the red into his mouth, lingering for a moment to let him absorb the quality before swallowing.
Back to top Go down
StarGazing
StarGazing

PostSubject: Re: How to Weave a Web: A Tailor's Tale (OPEN)   How to Weave a Web: A Tailor's Tale (OPEN) EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 9:20 am

Reaching back for the pen and paper in her pocket, her blue eye stay focused on the man's payful face, while confusion was written all over her own. Small hands slowly placed the paper on the table, her gaze looking down at its new target. Her nose scrunched up in disgust, purple locks ghosted over her hand as she wrote the IOU, getting more tangled and in the way. Huffing loudly she handed the man back the paper and pen. Her eye gazed upon the man once again, hearing that he agreed that her bow would remind her of their deal but found that giving them to others was not silly at all. She chuckled lightly, a smirk playing on her lips. "Then I guess you can call it weird then."

She only nodded to the teacher, her focus on something more important, more urgent then anything. Her body snapped to the side where the condiments for the table were. All of them, they were all out of place. Blue packets mixed with yellow, pink mixed with blue, ketchup turned slightly, salt too close to the pepper. How did no one see such a mess. Acting quickly she placed everything how she pictured it should look but like always it still wasn't good enough, so she kept rearranging everything, over and over again. Until, thankfully Arwan came back with menus and their drinks. Making one more adjustment she turned back, facing the red liquid. Delicately she raised her own glass.

"Yes, to new friends." lowering her glass she caressed, watching the wine become still once agin. Her next words came out smoothly, with hope slipping in and out. "I would love if we crossed paths again because I would really be disappointed to meet new people and not ever see them again."

The smooth cup made contact with her lips, red trying to reach for them as well but never even brushed against them. She placed her drink back on the table. She was forgetting something, forgetting something really important, but what? It then hit her.

Jumping up from her seat was the first mistake, hitting her knees she caused th table to jerk back and forth almost making everyone's drinks spill over. The second one, she quickly scrambled out of the booth giving both men a quick hug and good-bye then dashed to the door. Her last one was just silly. Her quick stride stop as her hand grasped the door knob. The only thought that would ever bring her fear was, "How am I going to get past the beach?" Thinking about having to cross the beach again made the girl shiver. She ran though it when she got to the town center but she wasn't sure she could do it again.

"I-Its fine. Just a silly beach is all right?" she mumbled before exiting the Inn.

Snow fell on the small tanned woman, who sat waiting for the boat to reach the docks and take her home. Her body shaking from the slight cold breeze and also the still lingering fear of crossing the sand for the second time today. The only regret she had today was never having finished her drink with the two gentlemen that still sit in the Inn.
Back to top Go down
Arwan
Farmer
Farmer
Arwan

PostSubject: Re: How to Weave a Web: A Tailor's Tale (OPEN)   How to Weave a Web: A Tailor's Tale (OPEN) EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 6:44 pm

As the table shook with Star's sudden depature, Arwan's hands flashed out to steady the drinks. "Goodbye." He said quickly as he accepted the hug, he watched her hasty retreat. "What do you think that was about..." He asked Limbo as he set his glass down. He got up and went to retrieve his jacket, "Something is amiss, normally I don't like to delve into someone elses troubles so hastily, but she looks like she needs it." Arwan told Limbo as he extended his hand, "Pleasure to meet you again Limbo, if you are ever in the Valley feel free to visit, otherwise I shall be in Mineral town every other day." With a firm handshake and jotting down his address he headed outside.

"Now which way could she have gone." Arwan looked up and down the street until he noticed the fresh footprints in the snow. Arwan followed after her, pondering what could have gone wrong. He followed the steps to the beach, he noticed a figure sitting on the dock. "Star, is everything alright?" He asked as he approached her.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to Weave a Web: A Tailor's Tale (OPEN)   How to Weave a Web: A Tailor's Tale (OPEN) Empty

Back to top Go down

How to Weave a Web: A Tailor's Tale (OPEN)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next