Harvest Dreams
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeForum and Role Play RulesPortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

And What Does This Button Do? [Reserved]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
RecoveryOne
RecoveryOne

Female Number of posts : 9
Roleplay Name : Eve Xerxes

And What Does This Button Do? [Reserved] Empty
PostSubject: And What Does This Button Do? [Reserved]   And What Does This Button Do? [Reserved] EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 9:22 am

[Reserved for Jordan & Eve]

Sitting down on the somewhat cold sand, he tried to find something to think about in his surroundings. It might have worked, too, if it hadn't been for the fact that his surroundings were sand, and sea up ahead. He had come here to be alone, and be able to think a little clearer, but all he could think of here was silence. Stupid, stupid silence, and quiet. Despite 'silence' and 'quiet' being pretty much the same thing.

The silence was annoying, and it gave him to much to think about. He needed to...do something. Talk? Hum? Laugh hysterically and see how crazy he looked? He smiled a bit, at that thought, but was reminded of the recent letters from his parents. Refusing to let a scowl pass his face, he started doing the first thing that came into his mind, as a distraction.

It turned out to be loudly humming the alphabet in the most tone-deaf way possibly.

Silently, he wondered how odd he looked.
Back to top Go down
RainbowMilly
Farmer
Farmer
RainbowMilly

Female Number of posts : 224
Roleplay Name : Jordan Summerfield.

PostSubject: Re: And What Does This Button Do? [Reserved]   And What Does This Button Do? [Reserved] EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 4:02 pm

Jordan hadn't been to the beach in what seemed like eternity. Sure, it was only 20 minutes away from her home, but Jordan took that for granted. "I can go to the beach any time I want, so not now," Jordan always thought. Today, though, she had a purpose to go to the beach. Low tide is the best time to go in the tidepools gathering seaweed and whatnot. Things that she could use.
Becasue of that, she made the effort to lug herself out of bed nice and early to get her chores out of the way before she headed out. When she made it there, the brisk wind brushed against her face. It wasn't unpleasant, the feeling, but it was just a little cold. Nevertheless, Jordan shuffled around in her rucksack for the containers needed to gather and crouched dashed closer to the waves. But before she could even make it, she stopped dead in her tracks to see a person singing the ABC's very, very off-key a few yards ahead.

Sure it was a sight to see, but Jordan didn't really do anything about it. While obnoxious and odd, the singing was harmless and sure to be deafened by the large crashes of waves the more she got away from him. She continued on, passing the strange person at a respectful distance.
Back to top Go down
RecoveryOne
RecoveryOne

PostSubject: Re: And What Does This Button Do? [Reserved]   And What Does This Button Do? [Reserved] EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 9:51 pm

After finishing the alphabet for at least the second time, he started to wonder why he was even here in the first place. He could be somewhere else doing something more productive, or drinking in a tavern. Actually, he didn't really think he could remember the last time he did something productive, like learning or working.

Vaguely aware of someone passing by, he gave them a quick glance, before returning back to staring at the general direction of the waves. Guessing that they had something important to do, he stopped humming once he got to 'Z'. Now the silence seemed to have an air of awkward, making it all the more annoying.

Well, there's someone else here, so why not just talk to them? One part of him thought, only for that line of thinking to be silenced by the second. Because they probably have stuff to do.

Despite this, he had already spoken, so there was no use going back on it now.

"Um, hey." He said, turning to the person, not entirely sure what he was going to say. This was probably going to turn out horribly.

Back to top Go down
RainbowMilly
Farmer
Farmer
RainbowMilly

Female Number of posts : 224
Roleplay Name : Jordan Summerfield.

PostSubject: Re: And What Does This Button Do? [Reserved]   And What Does This Button Do? [Reserved] EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 7:32 am

Jordan had walked quickly and efficiently away from the stranger sharing the beach. She was sure to stay at a respectful distance. But no matter how far away she was, she was still hear the off key alphabet tune. How far would she half to walk before she is safe to be alone and gather in peace?

Jordan stopped in her tracks. The person talked to her. Oh crap. Oh crap. This person was bothered with her. The stranger wanted to be alone and Jordan was just disturbing the peace. She knew she should have left. Being nothing but a bother to everyone around her. Her eyes widened and she turned around and met the eye of the stranger and she ducked her head.

"I'm really so so sorry! I hadn't known that you were here when I came here! I should have guessed that I was bothering you! Really I'll just leave and you can continue your--singing! I really really am sorry. Truly." She apologised at a mile per minute. Words jumbling together into one long string of apologies and I'm sorrries.
Back to top Go down
RecoveryOne
RecoveryOne

PostSubject: Re: And What Does This Button Do? [Reserved]   And What Does This Button Do? [Reserved] EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 7:32 am

(OOC: Sorry for the late reply)

"I'm really so so sorry! I hadn't known that you were here when I came here! I should have guessed that I was bothering you! Really I'll just leave and you can continue your--singing! I really really am sorry. Truly." The person began apologizing, the words becoming a long string of many 'I'm sorry's.

Confused now, his better judgement said that he should just say 'nevermind' and leave the person alone. But doing that would mean listening to his better judgement, and wandering around town or getting lost somewhere dangerous. Choices, choices. He began to scramble over what to say, noticing that he was taking too long to respond.

"...Err." He said, awkwardly. "No, you weren't bothering me at all. Just, um."

Struggling to find something to say, once again he said the first thing that came to mind.

"Knock knock."

Inwardly, he cringed. Wow, what a great way to start a conversation with a stranger, he thought to himself.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: And What Does This Button Do? [Reserved]   And What Does This Button Do? [Reserved] Empty

Back to top Go down

And What Does This Button Do? [Reserved]
Page 1 of 1