Harvest Dreams
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeForum and Role Play RulesPortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Maximum Ride?

Go down 
+3
Kritten
35bell
Eternal Silence
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
35bell
35bell

Female Number of posts : 5158
Roleplay Name : Genna Song

Awards : Maximum Ride? - Page 2 Bellnov

Maximum Ride? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maximum Ride?   Maximum Ride? - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 9:16 pm

I read the last book "Fang" well actually i finished the whole series (not including manga, im buying that next ^^)

SPOILER ALERT
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/35bell
Kritten
Admin
Admin
Kritten

Female Number of posts : 8780
Roleplay Name : Kitty Kitz
Awards : Maximum Ride? - Page 2 Badge

PostSubject: Re: Maximum Ride?   Maximum Ride? - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 10:04 pm

I've never heard of it before. So what's the main plot of it?
Back to top Go down
Eternal Silence
Admin
Admin
Eternal Silence

Female Number of posts : 6205
Roleplay Name : Arden Auiban
Awards : Maximum Ride? - Page 2 Esaward

PostSubject: Re: Maximum Ride?   Maximum Ride? - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 10:38 pm

Genna: I know several people who cried at the end; even more of my acquaintances threw the book at the wall and left it there.

Kitty: The main character is Max, the leader of a small group of genetically modified kids. They're all young; at the beginning of the series, Max, Fang, and Iggy are fourteen, Nudge is eleven, the Gasman is eight, and Angel, the baby, is six. They're 98% human, 2% bird. They have wings. They can fly. And they're constantly being hunted down for it.

They grew up in a scientific facility called the School, where a ton of genetic experiments were performed on humans. The flock was the most viable, and thus the most valuable. But they had cruel, inhumane experiments performed on them (the best example is when the "whitecoats" as the flock calls them tried to surgically enhance Iggy's night vision and he ended up permanently blind). So, when Max was ten, a whitecoat named Jeb rescued them, stole away with all six bird kids to Colorado, lived there with them for about a year, and then...vanished.

They aren't the only genetic recombinants, just the most viable. There are other ones, more vicious and more expendable called Erasers. Their sole purpose is to hunt down the flock and drag them back to the School, dead or alive.

The flock manages to live by themselves for three years, functioning perfectly fine, until one day, Erasers come out of freaking nowhere and kidnap Angel, the baby, and take her to the School (in California).

That's where the series starts. The rest is a whirlwind of fights to the death, flying, freaking out, teenage angst, backstabbing, danger, drama, drama, drama.

It's very good as far as fandoms go. Quality-wise...well, it's not the best-written series in the whole entire world, and there are certainly improvements that could be had. But it's still my favorite series, an extraordinarily enjoyable read, and highly recommended by yours truly. :]
Back to top Go down
http://undertheorangetree.deviantart.com/
Kritten
Admin
Admin
Kritten

Female Number of posts : 8780
Roleplay Name : Kitty Kitz
Awards : Maximum Ride? - Page 2 Badge

PostSubject: Re: Maximum Ride?   Maximum Ride? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 12:09 am

Hmmm... intresting.
What's the reading level for it? (Ya know young teens, normal teens, older teens, young adult, ect.)
Back to top Go down
stephxluke
Farmer
Farmer
stephxluke

Female Number of posts : 804
Roleplay Name : Alex Addison Camp
Awards : Maximum Ride? - Page 2 Stephxlukenov

PostSubject: Re: Maximum Ride?   Maximum Ride? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 10:40 pm

I'd say probably young teens--some people at my school are reading it and their in 5th grade... The characters rang from like 6-14 years old. But its very captivating and it usually takes me FOREVER to read books but I read the whole series in less than a month. For some of you guys that's easy to do but for me, it's hard Smile

Anyway, I loved the series soooo much!!!! Is it over yet though? I hope J.P writes another book 'cause the last one mad me sad...
Back to top Go down
Eternal Silence
Admin
Admin
Eternal Silence

Female Number of posts : 6205
Roleplay Name : Arden Auiban
Awards : Maximum Ride? - Page 2 Esaward

PostSubject: Re: Maximum Ride?   Maximum Ride? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 10:53 pm

It's mostly targeted at younger people. I'd say anywhere from 11 to 16 is the primary age, but I know younger and older people who have thoroughly enjoyed it.
Back to top Go down
http://undertheorangetree.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Maximum Ride?   Maximum Ride? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Maximum Ride?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2