Harvest Dreams
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeForum and Role Play RulesPortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

[Black Heart Event] Soph and Chase

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Eternal Silence
Admin
Admin
Eternal Silence

Female Number of posts : 6205
Roleplay Name : Arden Auiban
Awards : [Black Heart Event] Soph and Chase Esaward

[Black Heart Event] Soph and Chase Empty
PostSubject: [Black Heart Event] Soph and Chase   [Black Heart Event] Soph and Chase EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 3:18 pm

Chase was making his way across town when he heard the first clash of thunder. Startled, he cast his gaze up to the sky. Black clouds were rolling across the normally sunny backdrop, and threatend to bottom out at any moment.

He was nowhere near his house or store, and he had things in his backpack that he would prefer not get soaked. Seeing no other option--or place to go, for that matter-- he quickly ducked into the Inn, just as rain started to fall at an angle outside.

Standing in the doorway and observing the setting for a moment, he walked over to a nearby table, pulled out a chair, and sat down. Might as well stay here until the rain stops, he reasoned, pulling his backpack onto his lap.
Back to top Go down
http://undertheorangetree.deviantart.com/
artygamer
Farmer
Farmer
artygamer

Female Number of posts : 585
Roleplay Name : Soph
2nd rp name:Leon

PostSubject: Re: [Black Heart Event] Soph and Chase   [Black Heart Event] Soph and Chase EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 3:48 pm

Soph arrived in Mineral Town-just as a storm did. Ugh! Typical. The storm follows me everywhere. I will not faint this time!she thought determindly to herself. Soph stood looking at the sky. Grey clouds...*Soph sighs*When a clap of thunder sounded Soph pulled herself together. She noticed she was shvering, the end of her plait dripping down her black dress. She ran to the nearest building. It was an Inn. *Soph pulls up a chair and sits down* "Perfect,"she muttered misrably. She folded her arms and put her head face down on them.
Back to top Go down
Eternal Silence
Admin
Admin
Eternal Silence

PostSubject: Re: [Black Heart Event] Soph and Chase   [Black Heart Event] Soph and Chase EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 3:50 pm

Chase peeked up over the rim of his glasses, which he had just slid onto the bridge of his nose, at the girl with her head in her hands. She was shivering and drenched, and looked...well, miserable. Biting his lip, Chase stood up, and walked over to the table where she was sitting. "Mind if I sit here?" he asked, pulling up a chair anyways and angling his legs over the edges of the wood.
Back to top Go down
artygamer
Farmer
Farmer
artygamer

PostSubject: Re: [Black Heart Event] Soph and Chase   [Black Heart Event] Soph and Chase EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 3:58 pm

Soph looked up. "Mind if I sit here?" The speaker was a dark haired guy with glasses. "Um, yeah...oh wait, I mean you can sit here..."Soph faltered. I bet I look like a complete IDIOT!!!!Soph thought sadly. The expression must have shown on her face. Strands of her brown hair stuck to her face. She brushed them back, pressing more water onto her dress. Her dress!!! Soph looked down. Drowned...that springs to mind. Stupid, drowned...Soph sighed. Life just seemed to go badly at the moment. *Soph sinks even futher in her seat*
Back to top Go down
Eternal Silence
Admin
Admin
Eternal Silence

PostSubject: Re: [Black Heart Event] Soph and Chase   [Black Heart Event] Soph and Chase EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 4:01 pm

Chase frowned as he watched the girl's face change expressions several times. He could practically see the gears turning in her head as she slumped in her chair. "You look cold," he said, concerned. "Getting stuck in a rainstorm'll do that to you. I just barely missed it." He grinned crookedly at her, standing up and going back over to his table to grab his backpack.

Returning to the girl's table, he handed her his jacket, and sat back down. "You can wear that until you warm up a little," he said, nodding his head at the vent in the ceiling above them. "The AC is freezing in here." He paused, and then added, "I'm Chase, by the way."
Back to top Go down
artygamer
Farmer
Farmer
artygamer

PostSubject: Re: [Black Heart Event] Soph and Chase   [Black Heart Event] Soph and Chase EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 4:09 pm

Soph watched the guy get up and hand her his jacket. She glanced at him fearfully-what if she'd misunderstood? But nope, she was right, he'd asked her to wear it. She put it on. It was big but warm. She looked at him again, still slightly edgy. "Thank you,"she said quietly."I'm Soph. I live in the Valley. It is nice to meet you Chase. Oh dear...not now.."Soph felt a little faint. Not three times. Not three times. Not three times.The thought repeated itself over and over again in Soph's mind. But then it passed. Her expression relaxed into a small smile.
Back to top Go down
Eternal Silence
Admin
Admin
Eternal Silence

PostSubject: Re: [Black Heart Event] Soph and Chase   [Black Heart Event] Soph and Chase EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 4:15 pm

"Forget-Me-Not Valley?" Chase repeated, just to clarify. He nodded slowly. "Heard it's a nice place there." He smiled. "Soph is a nice name. I had a friend named Sophie." He emphasized the last syllable of Sophie. He hesitated for a moment. "Listen, I was just about to order something to eat while I was waiting for the storm to pass and, to be perfectly honest, you look a little faint. Can I get you anything?"
Back to top Go down
artygamer
Farmer
Farmer
artygamer

PostSubject: Re: [Black Heart Event] Soph and Chase   [Black Heart Event] Soph and Chase EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 4:20 pm

"Oh...umm... I guess. It just passed."Soph blinked and then giggled. "I don't make sense! Not even to myself. Oh great....I must be talking rubbish. I don't blame you if you run away yelling about the crazy girl you sat with just then." Soph sighed to herself. "I guess I'll have a drink...thank you again Chase. You must have a lot of patence to sit here."
Back to top Go down
Eternal Silence
Admin
Admin
Eternal Silence

PostSubject: Re: [Black Heart Event] Soph and Chase   [Black Heart Event] Soph and Chase EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 4:29 pm

Chase grinned. "You're about the farthest thing from crazy. 'Crazy' is my Great-Aunt Irma at Thanksgiving." He stood up, stretching his arms over his head as he did so. "You want milk, or water, or what?" he asked, starting to make his way over to the counter. That Apple Pie was calling his name....
Back to top Go down
artygamer
Farmer
Farmer
artygamer

PostSubject: Re: [Black Heart Event] Soph and Chase   [Black Heart Event] Soph and Chase EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 2:17 pm

"Um...any juice as long as it's not orange,"Soph smiled wider now. Things were looking up...but it was still raining outside. Soph shook her head and felt the end of her plait. It was drying slowly. She didn't shake her head again because she was scared she'd spray water down Chase's jacket. Soph just watched the people around her-maybe she'd feel even better if these people were happy. "Smiles are infectious!"Soph giggled to herself.
Back to top Go down
Eternal Silence
Admin
Admin
Eternal Silence

PostSubject: Re: [Black Heart Event] Soph and Chase   [Black Heart Event] Soph and Chase EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 2:22 pm

Chase nodded, and then headed to the counter. He ordered his Apple Pie, and an apple juice for Soph, and waited a few minutes for his order to be filled. While he was waiting, he leaned his elbows on the counter and slouched his shoulders slightly. He hadn't ever eaten in the Inn; he just put it off as "hotel food." But it actually looked quite tasty. Besides, it was the only place in town where you could get something to eat at this hour, besides the Supermarket.

He was handed the plate and glass a few minutes later, and he paid for it, then headed back to the table. "Here you go," he said, setting the glass down in front of her. "It's apple. I hope that's okay." He then sat down next to her and took a bite of the pie, chewing thoughtfully.
Back to top Go down
artygamer
Farmer
Farmer
artygamer

PostSubject: Re: [Black Heart Event] Soph and Chase   [Black Heart Event] Soph and Chase EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 2:30 pm

"Yes, thanks,"Soph replied as Chase set down some apple juice in front of her. She picked the glass up and sipped some of the juice. It was very sweet-just the way Soph liked it. Soph put the glass back down and thought about...well nothing in particlar. Many things floated their way through her mind. They were interupted by Soph placing her hand over her mouth as she yawned. Last night had been tiring for her because of the storm. "I wish I'd brought my drawing pad."Soph added as a late afterthought, her hand reaching for the glass again.
Back to top Go down
Eternal Silence
Admin
Admin
Eternal Silence

PostSubject: Re: [Black Heart Event] Soph and Chase   [Black Heart Event] Soph and Chase EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 2:36 pm

At the mention of this, Chase reached into his backpack, searching for something. He produced a sketch pad from the largest compartment, and then brought out a pencil. "You wanna use mine?" he asked, pushing the pad over to her and handing her the pencil. Opening the cover and flipping through some of the pages, he said, "I haven't really used it in a while." Little sketches, doodles, and a few unfinished line drawings went by as the pages turned.
Back to top Go down
artygamer
Farmer
Farmer
artygamer

PostSubject: Re: [Black Heart Event] Soph and Chase   [Black Heart Event] Soph and Chase EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 2:44 pm

"Are you sure? Thank you again!" Soph reached for the pencil and pad and stared up at the celing for a bit. "Hmmm...I think I have an idea..." Soph began drawing. "Strange..."Soph muttered."It doesn't normally work like this...but I guess I'm glad that it happened first." She looked up quickly, hoping that Chase would ignore that remark.
On one side of the page which she'd drawn a line down Soph drew a guy that looked like Chase standing in the shelter of what looked like an Inn. On the other side she drew a girl that looked like herself standing in the rain.
"No!"Soph suddenly spoke."Much too lifelike. Why does it have to be like that?"
Back to top Go down
Eternal Silence
Admin
Admin
Eternal Silence

PostSubject: Re: [Black Heart Event] Soph and Chase   [Black Heart Event] Soph and Chase EmptySat Jul 18, 2009 6:37 pm

"Lifelike can be a good thing," Chase said, craning his neck to look at the drawing. "And in this case, it most certainly is." Pausing for another moment, he added, "You're very talented." It had been a while since he had really dedicated much attention to art, especially his own. But it didn't surprise him that the old feelings that he used to get whenever he saw lines and shapes forming an image out of nearly nothing reemerged as soon as Soph started to draw.
Back to top Go down
artygamer
Farmer
Farmer
artygamer

PostSubject: Re: [Black Heart Event] Soph and Chase   [Black Heart Event] Soph and Chase EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 10:25 am

Chase didn't even pause on my remark-I guess I'm glad about that. But...no matter! If he asks then...I'll come to that later!Soph convinced herself that telling Chase about her um, power wasn't the right thing to do-not if he didn't ask.
"You're very talented." Chase had told her that she-Soph, the new, shy girl to just about everything and everyone-was talented? Soph looked up at him. The strands of hair that she had brushed away fell around her face, dry now, her cheeks were turning a shade of pink, but her blue eyes were sparkling and her mouth was smiling widely. Maybe, just maybe, this guy was speaking sense. And maybe he was being serious too.
Back to top Go down
Eternal Silence
Admin
Admin
Eternal Silence

PostSubject: Re: [Black Heart Event] Soph and Chase   [Black Heart Event] Soph and Chase EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 3:04 pm

Chase chuckled. "You look suprised," he said, watching her cheeks flush. "You really are talented, don't you know that?" He picked up the sketchbook between two fingers and pulled it back over to him, so he could get a better look at it. "I wouldn't lie about that." It was a good drawing, but Chase was sensing a little self-doubt from the girl. She probably wasn't used to strange situations like this one was, where a man bought her a drink and let her draw in his sketchbook, and then complimented her. Now that he thought about it, it seemed a little shady even to him, though his intentions were pure. "Maybe I should go," he said gently, waiting to gauge her reaction.
Back to top Go down
artygamer
Farmer
Farmer
artygamer

PostSubject: Re: [Black Heart Event] Soph and Chase   [Black Heart Event] Soph and Chase EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 3:45 pm

Soph was still looking at Chase...and then she began laughing to herself. Not exactly the best reaction to "Maybe I should go." Soph wiped tears of laughter from her eyes. "That's really weird! Normally I cut conversations and meetings and just leave." Soph became serious once again."If you'd like to leave that's okay. I cannot control anyone elses actions or thoughts or feelings. If you want to leave then I..."Soph paused awkwardly, not meeting Chase's eyes."Um...I hope we meet again, Chase. If you do not then...um..."Soph paused awkwardly again, turning her head away and mentaly beating herself up inside. "No confidence. Stupid air about yourself. Nothing good to say." Soph was mumbling quietly to herself, hoping Chase would not hear-her theory about running seemed like a good thing for Chase to do.
"He should run now..."
Back to top Go down
Eternal Silence
Admin
Admin
Eternal Silence

PostSubject: Re: [Black Heart Event] Soph and Chase   [Black Heart Event] Soph and Chase EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 3:52 pm

Chase blinked. "No, uh, you just looked uncomfortable, and I--didn't know if it was me, or..." The bizarre situation that it had just become was a little unnerving, but, when he thought about it...it was a little funny. He chuckled and shook his head a little bit.

Looking out the window, he saw that it wasn't raining anymore. And he did have to get back to the store. So he stood up, gathering his things and pushing his chair in.

"So, I guess I'll see you later, Soph," he said, smiling as he pushed his glasses further up on his nose.
Back to top Go down
artygamer
Farmer
Farmer
artygamer

PostSubject: Re: [Black Heart Event] Soph and Chase   [Black Heart Event] Soph and Chase EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 5:01 pm

Soph blinked. "H, h, huh?" She turned around and looked out of the window. It had stopped raining. "Well, I'd better go too. Maybe something good will happen in the Valley?" Soph was questioning."No!"She said angrily to herself."No-I must be positive!"She stopped, awkward as usual. "Um...this might sound weird but...I will see you again Chase won't I? It has been nice thiss afternoon-better than I thought it would be...Oh, just forget it..."Soph's 'postive attitude' drained at the last moment and she rose from her seat and headed to the door slowly, and not talking. Ohmanohmanohman! Why do I do that?Soph was slowly getting sad again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Black Heart Event] Soph and Chase   [Black Heart Event] Soph and Chase Empty

Back to top Go down

[Black Heart Event] Soph and Chase
Page 1 of 1