Harvest Dreams
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeForum and Role Play RulesPortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The American Dream Report

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Momoko
Farmer
Farmer
Momoko

Female Number of posts : 414
Roleplay Name : Momo, Momo-chan
Awards : The American Dream Report Carboaward

The American Dream Report Empty
PostSubject: The American Dream Report   The American Dream Report EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 1:34 am

Okay, so in my English class I have to write a report for a contest about what is people's American Dream? 1st prize gets 1000 dollars, 2nd prize gets 500 dollars, and 3rd prize is 250 dollars. 250 words MAX!
To the point: I need ideas! (I have writter's block!) Can you guys help me?

My ideas:
freedom
getting a job
Back to top Go down
http://mizu_kanon.livejournal.com
Eternal Silence
Admin
Admin
Eternal Silence

Female Number of posts : 6205
Roleplay Name : Arden Auiban
Awards : The American Dream Report Esaward

PostSubject: Re: The American Dream Report   The American Dream Report EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 1:44 am

To me, the American dream is the ability to HAVE your own dream. It's not about following an orthodox path of life, or having your every decision set in stone. It's about your life, lived the way you want to live it, free from governmental or social persecution. It's about being your own person, with the right to live the way you want, making your own decisions and having your own voice.

It's loving who you want to love, it's living where you want to live, it's having the knowledge that you have rights and you can act on those rights. It's the small towns and big cities, it's Washington D.C., it's Boston, it's Pearl Harbor, it's everything that the country has been through, and come out better because of it.
Back to top Go down
http://undertheorangetree.deviantart.com/
Kritten
Admin
Admin
Kritten

Female Number of posts : 8780
Roleplay Name : Kitty Kitz
Awards : The American Dream Report Badge

PostSubject: Re: The American Dream Report   The American Dream Report EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 4:11 am

For many generations the "American Dream" was considered living in a nice house, having a good job, having a good car, and having a family that you love.

I think it is much more than this now. The "American Dream" really is what everyone wants for themselves. Their dream is their own special version of the "American Dream" that only they can have. It is specific to them and no one else and being in Amercia we are very lucky (to the point we're spoiled) to have many resources to make that dream possible. My "American Dream" is... (WORLD DOMINATION!!! OH YEAH! YOU KNOW IT!!! xD)
Back to top Go down
clairexcliff
Hero
Hero
clairexcliff

Male Number of posts : 4687
Roleplay Name : Amando
2nd char:Roan

Awards : The American Dream Report Cliffnov

PostSubject: Re: The American Dream Report   The American Dream Report EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 8:24 am

well..my opinion as a Filipino student,the American Dream is about well,,umm,,

well,it's freedom.......

why?cause America has the Statue of Liberty!the symbol that symbolize freedom..a person is like a bird free to fly and roam around and if it is caught it cries..well that is a bit far but yeah..it is for me another is the American Dream is like reaching the most stage where you became really HAPPY..you got it all..

that's my opinion..

BTW,your report is kinda complicated..
Back to top Go down
Kritten
Admin
Admin
Kritten

Female Number of posts : 8780
Roleplay Name : Kitty Kitz
Awards : The American Dream Report Badge

PostSubject: Re: The American Dream Report   The American Dream Report EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 2:31 pm

It reminds me about my report "What is the meaning of being an American?"
I went critize happy with that one. >8}
Back to top Go down
clairexcliff
Hero
Hero
clairexcliff

Male Number of posts : 4687
Roleplay Name : Amando
2nd char:Roan

Awards : The American Dream Report Cliffnov

PostSubject: Re: The American Dream Report   The American Dream Report EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 8:10 am

i'm not an American but we have once i report that tells about nationality of the Pilipinos..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The American Dream Report   The American Dream Report Empty

Back to top Go down

The American Dream Report
Page 1 of 1