Harvest Dreams
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeForum and Role Play RulesPortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Why We Don't Like Twilight

Go down 
+9
afsangel
stealingprayers
artygamer
35bell
Midnight Wolf
clairexcliff
stephxluke
foxtail616
Eternal Silence
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
clairexcliff
Hero
Hero
clairexcliff

Male Number of posts : 4687
Roleplay Name : Amando
2nd char:Roan

Awards : Why We Don't Like Twilight - Page 2 Cliffnov

Why We Don't Like Twilight - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why We Don't Like Twilight   Why We Don't Like Twilight - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 8:17 am

well..i kinda been hurt in that statement..
Back to top Go down
DrakBlueSoul22
Fledging Farmer
Fledging Farmer
DrakBlueSoul22

Female Number of posts : 121
Roleplay Name : Yuriko Oki

PostSubject: Re: Why We Don't Like Twilight   Why We Don't Like Twilight - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 4:12 pm

I mean no harm nor do i have any intention on hurting any ones feelings, so im sorry if you get offened but i dont mean to. This is just my opinion and over view of the situation. And thanks ES. It happened to my best friend and i just cant believe people would do this stuff. trying to make people to turn into characters from a book is going way off the obessed scale. I have seen it too many times where some of my classmates have gone out of their way just to look like alice or emmet of any of the cullens. It kind of inferiates me and scares me at the same time. but just mostly it creeps me out. This is why having a real relationship gets hard to do, because alot of people want their boyfriend/girlfriend to magicaly change into a fictional character.
Back to top Go down
stephxluke
Farmer
Farmer
stephxluke

Female Number of posts : 804
Roleplay Name : Alex Addison Camp
Awards : Why We Don't Like Twilight - Page 2 Stephxlukenov

PostSubject: Re: Why We Don't Like Twilight   Why We Don't Like Twilight - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 4:11 am

I agree with what DrakBlueSoul said. The fangirls, the people who are obsessed- like the girl that Sanaka mentioned- are the crazy people. People like my awesome friend, Stealingprayers, is far from that. She was a fan of the book, but not a FANGIRL. There is a difference. And it can also hurt boyfriends/girlfriends when their boyfriend/girlfriend is wanting them to change so they can be someone they aren't. That happened in ES's brothers case- stupid reason for her to dump him cause he didn't look or act or whatever like Edward
Back to top Go down
clairexcliff
Hero
Hero
clairexcliff

PostSubject: Re: Why We Don't Like Twilight   Why We Don't Like Twilight - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 11:26 am

no what i mean..i am crazy fan too..i do that sometimes..but just because the people are ranting too harsh that they are bullying me..
Back to top Go down
DrakBlueSoul22
Fledging Farmer
Fledging Farmer
DrakBlueSoul22

Female Number of posts : 121
Roleplay Name : Yuriko Oki

PostSubject: Re: Why We Don't Like Twilight   Why We Don't Like Twilight - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 4:07 pm

Im sorry Amando, do not take it personally. This isnt pointed to anyone specifically. Its only my opinion on what i have experienced and from what i have seen happen. It just drives me insane whenever i see people trying to change other people for their own selfish reasons. and not to accept someone for who they are, its just not right. changing people, you cant do that, and whoever trys to is kinda, in my opinion, is a little wrong.
Back to top Go down
Kritten
Admin
Admin
Kritten

Female Number of posts : 8780
Roleplay Name : Kitty Kitz
Awards : Why We Don't Like Twilight - Page 2 Badge

PostSubject: Re: Why We Don't Like Twilight   Why We Don't Like Twilight - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 9:47 pm

For everything there are radicals; people should learn to be more moderate.
The Twilight Series Dispute shows why I hate opinions so much.
Yeah, I get why people like Twilight so much/hate it, but does that really matter?
Does it affect your life so much if someone hates Twilight if you are a fan?
Does it affect your life so much if someone loves Twilight, when you hate it?
The awnser for both is 'no.'
No it doesn't matter if you love Twilight.
No it doesn't matter if you hate Twilight.
For people who get all critical on these issues should grow up. There are more important problems in the world than a dispute over a book, like world hunger or irregular global temperatures. So why waist all of your energy fighting for something so meaningless, when you could be using that energy to make a difference? The world doesn't need this at all. It needs people with level-heads, who know what going to far is.
Back to top Go down
Eternal Silence
Admin
Admin
Eternal Silence

Female Number of posts : 6205
Roleplay Name : Arden Auiban
Awards : Why We Don't Like Twilight - Page 2 Esaward

PostSubject: Re: Why We Don't Like Twilight   Why We Don't Like Twilight - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 10:01 pm

I agree, Kitty. I think there's a fine line between criticism and hypocrisy; if I complain of fangirls being obsessed with the series, but I'm obsessed with defaming all the series, every chance I get, then what difference is there? It's just a different obsession.

Believe me, I have NOTHING against fangirls; I'm one, myself. You'll see that I haven't mentioned anything about them in my original post. I understand what it's like to love a series passionately. I just don't think Twilight deserves all the hype.

The goal of this thread was to present an objective, honest review from a non-fan's perspective. I apologize if I do seem obsessed or obsessive; that certainly wasn't my intention.
Back to top Go down
http://undertheorangetree.deviantart.com/
Eternal Silence
Admin
Admin
Eternal Silence

Female Number of posts : 6205
Roleplay Name : Arden Auiban
Awards : Why We Don't Like Twilight - Page 2 Esaward

PostSubject: Re: Why We Don't Like Twilight   Why We Don't Like Twilight - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 1:36 am

I found this somewhere deep within this forum, and thought I'd post it here. 8D It's a reiteration, mostly.

Quote :
Well, it's like Stephanie Meyer attacked a word processing program with her handy-dandy thesaurus. The writing is juvenile, at best, and her repeated use of the SAME adjectives (In Midnight Sun, she uses the word "chagrined" about thirteen times) drives me completely insane.

For another thing, she completely took the term "vampire" and twisted it. Vampires aren't supposed to sparkle. They're supposed to be, you know, discreet. Sparkling doesn't do that. And even though that only happens "in the sunlight" or whatever, the luminescent lights at the school would definitely be shining off of them.

Speaking of school, the Cullens wouldn't even be able to attend high school. It's called a permanent record.

All the female characters are weak. Bella depends on Edward for EVERYTHING and everybody else is so shallow and vague that nobody cares about them. Even Mike and Tyler, Bella's friends, are developed with a little more personality than the females at her school, who are deemed as unimportant. Esme is essentially useless, other than to be Carlisle's mate. Rosalie is-of course- the damsel in distress, who is now bitter. Yay. Leah, the book's ONLY HOPE for a real strong female character, when turned into a werewolf, she was determined to be "menopausal and annoying." Another thing about Leah- she had her heart broken, and nobody cared, but when Jacob- HEAVEN FORBID- gets rejected, the entire pack practically coddles him. I guess you could say that Alice is a strong female character, and she is, in comparison to the others in the book. But when compared to someone like, say, Buffy, she's pretty weak.

Reneesme's existence is virtually impossible. Edward is a CORPSE, essentially. There is no way he could have fathered children after so long. If SMeyer wanted to wave away this discrepancy with "it's just fantasy," that would have been acceptable. But she tried to explain it with science. One of my acquaintances took the time to very accurately explain why her science and logic fails.

The characters are very poorly developed, other than the fact that they're OMG GORGEOUS!!!!1!one! SMeyer describes Bella as "smart" because she reads books like Wuthering Heights, but Bella never makes any reference to ANYTHING intelligent, or even anything other than Edward or herself. The rest of the characters are so appallingly inadequate that it frankly frightens me.

The only reason the books are popular is because girls like to picture themselves in the arms of an absolutely gorgeous guy for eternity. But the sad thing is that all the fangirls think that the books are a gift to literature. Which, they are not.
Back to top Go down
http://undertheorangetree.deviantart.com/
stephxluke
Farmer
Farmer
stephxluke

PostSubject: Re: Why We Don't Like Twilight   Why We Don't Like Twilight - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 2:27 am

Eternal Silence wrote:
(In Midnight Sun, she uses the word "chagrined" about thirteen times) drives me completely insane.

I've heard so many people say that. Its like her favorite word. So for awhile, some of my friends would walk around going, "I was chagrined, he was chagrined, the dog was chagrined, the cat was chagrined, we were ALL chagrined." (my twilight loving friends said that. Haha, I love them. They ish hillllllllarious)
Back to top Go down
clairexcliff
Hero
Hero
clairexcliff

PostSubject: Re: Why We Don't Like Twilight   Why We Don't Like Twilight - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 8:37 am

if you can still remember..ranters of youtube community are plain too much..so,that's why i get angry.people should be moderate with both things..
Back to top Go down
Miharu_Nakashima
Farmer
Farmer
Miharu_Nakashima

Female Number of posts : 481
Roleplay Name : Miharu

PostSubject: Re: Why We Don't Like Twilight   Why We Don't Like Twilight - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 2:50 am

I think the characters are very underdeveloped(namely a certain sparkling vampire and her obsessive girfriend/wife), or how you would say "mary-sues" They hove no character development and the plot is boring. When I see a romance I expect that their relationship has bumps, not "Oh I know you left but I still love you so much and I forgive you completely!" and come on, that is not a vampire if it sparkles. It might be a defect of some sort in the vampire race
Back to top Go down
stephxluke
Farmer
Farmer
stephxluke

PostSubject: Re: Why We Don't Like Twilight   Why We Don't Like Twilight - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 3:52 am

clairexcliff wrote:
if you can still remember..ranters of youtube community are plain too much..so,that's why i get angry.people should be moderate with both things..

Thats what I think ES was trying to make clear. She wasn't posting this to be a hater or anything- just expressing her oppinion in a non-mean way (for lack of a better term) Sometimes I can be a bit on the strong side of dislike, just because I had to hear about it nonstop. But if you like it, Amando, thats totally fine Very Happy
Back to top Go down
clairexcliff
Hero
Hero
clairexcliff

PostSubject: Re: Why We Don't Like Twilight   Why We Don't Like Twilight - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 7:49 am

stephxluke wrote:
clairexcliff wrote:

Thats what I think ES was trying to make clear. She wasn't posting this to be a hater or anything- just expressing her oppinion in a non-mean way (for lack of a better term) Sometimes I can be a bit on the strong side of dislike, just because I had to hear about it nonstop. But if you like it, Amando, thats totally fine Very Happy

yeah..you're right.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why We Don't Like Twilight   Why We Don't Like Twilight - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Why We Don't Like Twilight
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2