Harvest Dreams
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeForum and Role Play RulesPortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Just chickens? [reserved - Graham and Adamaris]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Eternal Silence
Admin
Admin
Eternal Silence

Female Number of posts : 6205
Roleplay Name : Arden Auiban
Awards : Just chickens? [reserved - Graham and Adamaris] Esaward

Just chickens? [reserved - Graham and Adamaris] Empty
PostSubject: Just chickens? [reserved - Graham and Adamaris]   Just chickens? [reserved - Graham and Adamaris] EmptyThu May 27, 2010 9:45 pm

Graham hoisted himself onto the fencepost. A million feathery, clucking birds squawked and waddled around his feet. He wasn't a big fan of ducks and chickens - he much preferred bigger livestock, because they have more personality stemming from the "bigger brains" fact - but they were common territory with farms. He'd have to get used to it if he was going to start out on his own. Besides, he needed the eggs. Omelets did a great job at satisfying his hunger when he couldn't get a smoke.

He swung his legs, looking up at the sky. It was a pretty nice day, all things considered.
Back to top Go down
http://undertheorangetree.deviantart.com/
Wess
Sprite
Sprite
Wess

Male Number of posts : 1605
Roleplay Name : Wess
2nd Character: Maris
Awards : Just chickens? [reserved - Graham and Adamaris] Nextmotm

PostSubject: Re: Just chickens? [reserved - Graham and Adamaris]   Just chickens? [reserved - Graham and Adamaris] EmptyThu May 27, 2010 9:50 pm

Adamaris walks around; her large guillotine like sword could be seen easily from behind her back. It's brown sheath was tightly pressed against her T-shirt; so she loosened it as she saw some birds. Always wondering what could one was, she walked over towards the gate; and sees all the chickens. She takes a deep breath and stops mid-step as she sees a new persona. Her eyes pulsate timidly again; and she finally finishes her step; although; much to her disdain, her food clacks on the sidewalk.
Back to top Go down
Eternal Silence
Admin
Admin
Eternal Silence

PostSubject: Re: Just chickens? [reserved - Graham and Adamaris]   Just chickens? [reserved - Graham and Adamaris] EmptyThu May 27, 2010 9:59 pm

Graham heard something fall to the ground. He looked up, seeing a deer-like girl with matching eyes, wide and timid. She looked afraid of him. And for a second, he was glad he hadn't just lit up a smoke and puffed away; it would make him look more intimidating, he was sure. He raked a hand through his hair and, a little awkwardly, nodded in greeting in the girl's direction. He kicked his legs a little more and closed his eyes.

When I open them, she'll be gone. And if she's not gone, then I'll have to talk to her.

It wasn't that the girl herself was not worthy of his conversation. He just didn't like striking up random chitchat with complete strangers. It was usually a waste of time. People moved on with their lives at different rates. If you get too close, they move on.

He wedged his eyes shut even tighter. Something about this town...made all the memories come back. It wasn't pleasant in the least.
Back to top Go down
Wess
Sprite
Sprite
Wess

PostSubject: Re: Just chickens? [reserved - Graham and Adamaris]   Just chickens? [reserved - Graham and Adamaris] EmptyThu May 27, 2010 10:05 pm

Adamaris watched him close his eyes. Getting a little aggressive, as if he thought she was nothing what so ever; she takes out her sword and threw it up in the air; catching it as landed; and stabbed it into the ground. She merely stood there; waiting for him to look at her, a look of shyness and challenge combined, if at all possible. And so she continued standing, watching the boy's movements, her eyes averted downwards.
Back to top Go down
Eternal Silence
Admin
Admin
Eternal Silence

PostSubject: Re: Just chickens? [reserved - Graham and Adamaris]   Just chickens? [reserved - Graham and Adamaris] EmptyThu May 27, 2010 10:09 pm

And then there was a freaking sword that came out of nowhere and caught the sun, glinting obnoxiously just as Graham opened his eyes. "Whoa!" he cried, surprised, and almost fell off of his perch. But he didn't.

Quickly regaining his composure, it was his turn to watch wide-eyed as the once-timid-looking girl caught the sword - that she had obviously been carrying around like some people carry wallets - and stabbed it into the soft ground of the poultry ranch.

Graham simply stared.
Back to top Go down
Wess
Sprite
Sprite
Wess

PostSubject: Re: Just chickens? [reserved - Graham and Adamaris]   Just chickens? [reserved - Graham and Adamaris] EmptyThu May 27, 2010 10:15 pm

"Much better," Adamaris barked, not afraid at this time and place. "You closed your eyes... Did you want me to leave?" Without pausing for his answer she continues. "I may not be a people person, but I am not garbage, and it seemed to me like you were trying to shut me out," Picking up her sword, she points it at him, it's tip gleaming in the hot sunlight.

Adamaris let out a challenging hiss, "So, were you?"

((ROFL I love Adamaris' character. The most timid person until she feels insulted! *dies laughing*))
Back to top Go down
Eternal Silence
Admin
Admin
Eternal Silence

PostSubject: Re: Just chickens? [reserved - Graham and Adamaris]   Just chickens? [reserved - Graham and Adamaris] EmptyThu May 27, 2010 10:19 pm

Graham raised his eyebrows. Surprisingly, the girl's sudden animosity made him feel subdued, not angry. He shrugged. "It's bright today," he said, using a hand to shade his eyes. "No sunglasses." He used his hands to gesture. "Take it easy," he said, closing his eyes again. He secretly hoped that he hadn't inadvertently insulted the town lunatic. After all, what normal person, a petite, fragile-looking girl, no less, carried a sword in her back pocket?

"The name's Graham," he said, still relaxed. "And obviously, I'm unarmed."

Last edited by Eternal Silence on Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wess
Sprite
Sprite
Wess

PostSubject: Re: Just chickens? [reserved - Graham and Adamaris]   Just chickens? [reserved - Graham and Adamaris] EmptyThu May 27, 2010 10:27 pm

Adamaris glared at her the man in front of her, a challenging glare. He blamed it on the sun. Typical man... All of them are idiots. she thought to herself, picking her sword up out of the ground as she walks over towards Graham. "Nice to meet you, GRAHAM," she seemingly hisses. "I'm..." Adamaris was now very close to Graham. She picked up her blade and placed the flat part on his shoulder. "Adamaris,"
Back to top Go down
Eternal Silence
Admin
Admin
Eternal Silence

PostSubject: Re: Just chickens? [reserved - Graham and Adamaris]   Just chickens? [reserved - Graham and Adamaris] EmptyThu May 27, 2010 10:29 pm

Graham sat still. He flicked a single eye open, and did his best to look terribly bored. "Am I supposed to flinch now?" he asked in a monotone. "Because I've met more intimidating Yorkies." Slowly, he stood up to his full height. He towered over the girl. He picked the blade off of his shoulders, pinching the flat part, and let it drop. "Lovely to meet you, Adamaris. But I'm going to go now."
Back to top Go down
Wess
Sprite
Sprite
Wess

PostSubject: Re: Just chickens? [reserved - Graham and Adamaris]   Just chickens? [reserved - Graham and Adamaris] EmptyThu May 27, 2010 10:33 pm

Adamaris smiled slightly, and walked over to the way in and out of the Chicken Yard. She threw her sword up and caught the handle again. "Mister Graham, I want you to know you never insult a lady by closing your eyes when you see her," Adamaris then turned to leave, making much noise in sheathing her sword.
Back to top Go down
Eternal Silence
Admin
Admin
Eternal Silence

PostSubject: Re: Just chickens? [reserved - Graham and Adamaris]   Just chickens? [reserved - Graham and Adamaris] EmptyThu May 27, 2010 10:35 pm

Graham stopped and turned back around. "Miss Adamaris, I want you to know that it's not polite to pull a sword on a stranger, especially one that just moved into this town. Might give the wrong impression." He shrugged his shoulders and turned back around. His heels left a mark in the dirt, and chickens started squawking after him. He was now convinced that maybe they weren't the dumbest creatures on Earth, after all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just chickens? [reserved - Graham and Adamaris]   Just chickens? [reserved - Graham and Adamaris] Empty

Back to top Go down

Just chickens? [reserved - Graham and Adamaris]
Page 1 of 1