Harvest Dreams
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeForum and Role Play RulesPortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

"Wii System Memory Corrupted"? Great.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Eternal Silence
Admin
Admin
Eternal Silence

Female Number of posts : 6205
Roleplay Name : Arden Auiban
Awards : "Wii System Memory Corrupted"? Great. Esaward

"Wii System Memory Corrupted"? Great. Empty
PostSubject: "Wii System Memory Corrupted"? Great.   "Wii System Memory Corrupted"? Great. EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 7:57 pm

T_T

So, my Wii is really old. We got one of the first systems.

Somewhere in the past two years, the memory apparently corrupted. Can't access Mii Channel, can't play Mario Kart Wii as a result. It's really hard just to turn the system on; it freezes a lot.

I don't play my Wii religiously. It's more like a once-in-awhile thing, but I DO have all my Harvest Moon games on there, including HM SNES from WiiWare.

I went to the Nintendo website, and basically the only thing to do is send it in to be repaired, which may or may not mean losing all the data for all the games me and my brother have played over the years. It also costs $75, and our warranty is expired.

It sucks, basically.
Back to top Go down
http://undertheorangetree.deviantart.com/
afsangel
Special Member
Special Member
afsangel

Female Number of posts : 6693
Roleplay Name : Kazumi Martin

Awards : "Wii System Memory Corrupted"? Great. Afsangelaward-4

PostSubject: Re: "Wii System Memory Corrupted"? Great.   "Wii System Memory Corrupted"? Great. EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 8:42 pm

That does suck. I can't remember when we got our Wii, but I know it was years ago. Maybe a year or so after the Wii console came out? I don't remember. I think I was in 5th or 6th grade. Anyway, ours still works fine, so I don't know what to tell you.
Back to top Go down
Kritten
Admin
Admin
Kritten

Female Number of posts : 8780
Roleplay Name : Kitty Kitz
Awards : "Wii System Memory Corrupted"? Great. Badge

PostSubject: Re: "Wii System Memory Corrupted"? Great.   "Wii System Memory Corrupted"? Great. EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 12:20 am

Maybe it's a dust problem?
Dust is a nightmare for systems that don't get played often. It settles when you don't play and with a press of a button to turn it on, it gets on a chip and messes with data. My brothers Xbox 360 suffered from something like this and lost audio. (It was playable, but not fun anymore.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Wii System Memory Corrupted"? Great.   "Wii System Memory Corrupted"? Great. Empty

Back to top Go down

"Wii System Memory Corrupted"? Great.
Page 1 of 1