Harvest Dreams
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeForum and Role Play RulesPortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

If I Called You, Would You Come? A fanfic.

Go down 
+3
harvestangel14
WishingFire
Eternal Silence
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Eternal Silence
Admin
Admin
Eternal Silence

Female Number of posts : 6205
Roleplay Name : Arden Auiban
Awards : If I Called You, Would You Come? A fanfic. Esaward

If I Called You, Would You Come? A fanfic. Empty
PostSubject: If I Called You, Would You Come? A fanfic.   If I Called You, Would You Come? A fanfic. EmptySat Oct 18, 2008 7:44 pm

(( I'm posting this under the request of Red Riding Hood. Please read and review! This is only the first chapter, which needs a lot of work, but you guys can read it because I heart you. Smile ))

Claire’s P.O.V

“Ouch!”

The single word rang out like a bell in the clear Spring night. I punched Gray, who was laughing next to me as grass stuck up around his ever-present UMA cap. “You loser! Didn’t your parents ever teach you that it’s RUDE to hit a girl?!”

“You hardly count as a girl, Claire,” the blacksmith’s apprentice smirked.

“Oh, you’re just jealous because I could beat you in an arm wrestling contest any day of the week,” I grinned. I could, too, and he knew it.

“I’d ask you to prove that, but I’m going to prove myself to be a gentleman, contrary to your belief, and let that little comment go.”

“Too late—a gentleman knows enough to keep his freaking hands to himself.” He rolled his eyes at me and abruptly sat up in the meadow, looking at his uncomplicated silver watch. I followed his lead and looked at him. His eyes met mine, and his demeanor changed before my eyes.

“I have to go meet Mary, Claire,” he said slowly, like he was trying hard to tiptoe around my feelings. I sighed dramatically. “OK, so, what are you hanging around here for?” I asked. I bit my lip.

It hurt to have to share my best guy friend in the world with others, especially if one of those “others” happened to be his girlfriend. He and Mary had been going out since Gray and his cousin, Ann, had moved to Mineral Town eight and a half years ago. That meant that he was completely and totally off-limits to me, a farmer girl who couldn’t be sophisticated and ladylike if her life depended on it.

Mary, on the other hand, was the epitome of grace. Apparently, the old saying, “Opposites attract”, was in play when it came to her and Gray’s relationship. She was soft-spoken and quiet; he was strong-willed and loud. She was respectful and kind to everyone; he was witty and rebellious. She was always clean and neat; it was a good day for him if he only had a few grease streaks on his body.

I shook my head and returned to Earth, and quickly countered with my own dismissal. “Well, I have to go too. I’m meeting Kai at the beach, and he’s going to show me how to wind-surf.” Which was true. I couldn’t fib to him about anything- Gray had a mental lie detector that was as efficient as my Odd.

And my gaydar’s pretty darn efficient.

I watched Gray’s face go black.

“I don’t know why you’re going out with him,” he muttered, crossing his arms over his chest.

I sighed. “Gray, we’ve been over this before-”

“I don’t understand what you see in him,” he interrupted. His cerulean eyes flashed with an emotion I couldn’t quite recognize, but it definitely wasn’t a new expression. It was the same one plastered on Gray’s face every time he saw my tanned and self-admitted arrogant boyfriend, Kai.

It definitely didn’t feel good to see that my greatest friend didn’t approve of my boyfriend, but Ann had very frankly stated that I did not need Gray’s blessing to date, and I couldn’t help but agree with her. Whatever I was feeling for Kai was real, and despite his flaws, I was still with him after three years. Of course, he was only in town during the summer, because he claimed that he “didn’t like the cold.” I agreed, and I would leave with him if I could, but I had animals to look after on my farm.

I sighed, coming back to reality. It was a losing battle to have a discussion about Kai with Gray, so I just stood up and hugged Gray quickly with one arm, draping my bathing suit over my free arm. “See ya. Have fun on your day off,” I smiled, hiding my disappointment. While I had a boyfriend, and Gray had a girlfriend, and we both had commitments to keep, it would have been nice to just say, “Screw the world!” and keep laying in that meadow all day long. I sighed once more and headed off in the direction of the beach.

If I had someone’s arms to run into, why did leaving him hurt so badly?

Gray's P.O.V

“Ouch!” Claire yelled. I laughed. For a toned-and-tanned ranch girl, she could be pretty wimpy. She yelled at me for punching her (LIGHTLY, it was more like a tap), but I could tell that she wasn’t serious. Her body language was loose and carefree. When Claire Sanders was mad, even the thickest person in the world could tell. She had five telltale signs that had very often been displayed on my behalf:

1) One hand on hip- slightly annoyed
2) Blowing bangs out of face- pissed off
3) Both hands on hips- detonation approaching. Now is a good time to find cover.
4) Taut jaw muscles- trying not to get arrested.
5) Physical contact- time to contact your next-of-kin.

We chatted for a few more minutes, and I stole a glance in her direction. So much about her reminded me of my girlfriend, Mary: her always-smiling eyes (Claire’s most excellent smile was communicated with her eyes), her humble clothing that looked excellent on her, but left something to the imagination, and the way one corner of her mouth twitched when she was annoyed or frustrated. These traits were always much more noticeable on Claire than on—MARY.
I sat up. Oh my Goddess, I thought, panic intensifying as I remembered my date set for fifteen minutes from now. “Um, Claire, I have to go meet Mary,” I said cautiously, biting my lip. Immediately, I started watching for signs. She skipped right past #1 and went straight for blowing her bangs out of her eyes. I braced myself, but she took a deep breath and calmed down.
“Well, I have to go too. I’m meeting Kai at the beach, and he’s going to show me how to wind-surf.”
KAI. The name alone made me want to spit, like it always did. Kai struck a sour chord with all the men in the town. Maybe it was his womanizing skills that we despised, or maybe it was the pompous, over-confident, look-at-me-I’m-so-run-don’t-even-bother-trying-to-keep-your-girl-cause-eventually-she’ll-come-around attitude that he flaunted without fail. Most of the guys in Mineral Town daydreamed not about getting lucky with their girls, but about the thrill of punching Kai’s lights out. I had it down to a science, right down to the amount of blood that would ooze out of his hemorrhaging body.

“What do you see in him?” I asked Claire, perturbed. She was too good for him. Anyone with eyes could see that, except for her. And Kai. And, of course, Ann, who actually encouraged Claire to keep seeing Kai, even though she knew I hated him with every fiber of my being.

She sighed, scrunching up her freckle-dotted nose, and stood up. Lopsidedly she hugged me, a friendly gesture that I should be used to be now that still made me go red. “Have fun on your day off,” she whispered, hurt radiating off of her voice. She thinks that I don’t notice these things, but I grew up with two older sisters that were both teenagers by the time I was four years old. You either learned how to be sensitive in my house, or you died a slow and excruciating, and usually Barbie-doll related, death. Don’t ask me how that worked for Cassidy and Cadence; I’m still trying to figure it out myself. I watched Claire trudge off towards the beach, a slinky pink number hanging off of her free arm, and felt a shooting pain in my chest.

If I had someone’s arms to run into, why did watching her leave hurt so badly?

Last edited by Eternal Silence on Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://undertheorangetree.deviantart.com/
WishingFire
WishingFire

Male Number of posts : 37
Roleplay Name : Roark

PostSubject: Re: If I Called You, Would You Come? A fanfic.   If I Called You, Would You Come? A fanfic. EmptySat Oct 18, 2008 7:53 pm

WOW.... That was amazing! You are so good! Better than good, great, super, excellent! I really like the first chapter! wow..
Back to top Go down
Eternal Silence
Admin
Admin
Eternal Silence

PostSubject: Re: If I Called You, Would You Come? A fanfic.   If I Called You, Would You Come? A fanfic. EmptySat Oct 18, 2008 7:58 pm

Whee~~~ Thank you!!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
harvestangel14
Fledging Farmer
Fledging Farmer
harvestangel14

Female Number of posts : 141
Roleplay Name : Kathy

PostSubject: Re: If I Called You, Would You Come? A fanfic.   If I Called You, Would You Come? A fanfic. EmptySat Oct 18, 2008 7:59 pm

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love the story! You are an amazing writer!!! I NEED your next script. (Acts like policeman and sticks out hand, palm up as if waiing for something) HAND IT OVER THIS SECOND!

The only problem I have (Becaus ei just love the forbidden lvoe theme and the wya you wrote and your details and your pov etc.) is that Gray is MINE. Tht is the onyl reaosn why I don't like Mary as much. I wish that Gray, like Shea form Island fo Happiness, wouldn't have a girlfriend because then i could like Mary more. BUT GRAY IS MINE!

(Please don't take my opinion so seriosuly that you'll stop, because i just LOVE your writng and your story. *Laughs in embarssement* I sorta overreact soemtimes. I just really wish the Harvest Moon World really existed. *sighs and goes to dreamworld where sch a thing is true*)
Back to top Go down
http://harvestlives.4umer.com/
Tiana
Fledging Farmer
Fledging Farmer
Tiana

Female Number of posts : 96
Roleplay Name : Blossom

PostSubject: Re: If I Called You, Would You Come? A fanfic.   If I Called You, Would You Come? A fanfic. EmptySat Oct 18, 2008 8:23 pm

Woah you really out done yourself. Can I call you by your real name?
Back to top Go down
Eternal Silence
Admin
Admin
Eternal Silence

PostSubject: Re: If I Called You, Would You Come? A fanfic.   If I Called You, Would You Come? A fanfic. EmptySat Oct 18, 2008 10:01 pm

@harvest angel: Whoa! I really didn't expect that kind of feedback... I love it, though. And Gray is often involved in tug-of-wars between girls, it seems in every fanfic I read. It's kind of funny, and I like to write about his take on things. I don't like to switch point of views, but I felt it nessecary to get more than one's way of looking at a situation.

And expect to see at least one of Gray's sisters in the future. Smile That's all I'm saying.

As for the next script, well, there isn't one...yet. I like to totally devote my time to ONE fic at a time to make it as well-written as I can. Which means a lot of editing, even though I hate deleting stuff that I think is good. It's nessecary sometimes though.

@Tiana: Thanks! Yeah, you can call me by my name-- I don't really care.
Back to top Go down
Tiana
Fledging Farmer
Fledging Farmer
Tiana

Female Number of posts : 96
Roleplay Name : Blossom

PostSubject: Re: If I Called You, Would You Come? A fanfic.   If I Called You, Would You Come? A fanfic. EmptySat Oct 18, 2008 10:11 pm

Ok then Alyssa
Back to top Go down
Tracy
Tracy

Female Number of posts : 19

PostSubject: Re: If I Called You, Would You Come? A fanfic.   If I Called You, Would You Come? A fanfic. EmptySat Oct 18, 2008 11:34 pm

Ohs that was amazing. I totally agree with everyone else I demand to see the second chapter whenever it's ready =D But that doesn't mean you should rush it. ^_^ I think we'll all be happy to wait if that means a better story to read.

I really like how the POV's are and how at the end they were both thinking the same thing. I don't think I could ever write something so well Razz I liked how Gray described Clair's anger and especially number four (trying not to get arrested) xD That made me laugh
Back to top Go down
harvestangel14
Fledging Farmer
Fledging Farmer
harvestangel14

PostSubject: Re: If I Called You, Would You Come? A fanfic.   If I Called You, Would You Come? A fanfic. EmptySat Oct 18, 2008 11:35 pm

uh huh. That was hilarious!
Back to top Go down
Eternal Silence
Admin
Admin
Eternal Silence

PostSubject: Re: If I Called You, Would You Come? A fanfic.   If I Called You, Would You Come? A fanfic. EmptySat Oct 18, 2008 11:51 pm

Thank you guyyysss. I totally love you. Smile

I actually type pretty fast. It's just my perfectionistic editing that takes forever. I already have the entire storyline planned out in my head.

Oh, and if you like the couple pairings the way they are in the game (PopurixKai, DoctorxElli, etc, I recommend that you stop reading this story. I do keep some of the originals (because anyone willing to marry Rick is a special girl), but some are mixed and matched, just to kind of keep the story more interesting. There are definitely going to be some major curveballs in the story, so stay tuned!
Back to top Go down
harvestangel14
Fledging Farmer
Fledging Farmer
harvestangel14

PostSubject: Re: If I Called You, Would You Come? A fanfic.   If I Called You, Would You Come? A fanfic. EmptySat Oct 18, 2008 11:54 pm

I can't wait.

And you guys, at the bottom of Eternl's posts is a web adress for another roleplay forum. it's cool (but not AS sophisticated as this one, as this one has more people (No fofense intended Eternal Embarassed )so you gusy should visit it!
Back to top Go down
harvestangel14
Fledging Farmer
Fledging Farmer
harvestangel14

PostSubject: Re: If I Called You, Would You Come? A fanfic.   If I Called You, Would You Come? A fanfic. EmptySun Oct 19, 2008 3:14 am

Quote :
Eternal Silence And Gray is often involved in tug-of-wars between girls

but i though cliff was the popular one along with kai. Since when is Gray popular? (I mean that in a good way, cause then i can have him for myself..... Cool )
Back to top Go down
Aren19
Farmer
Farmer
Aren19

Male Number of posts : 486
Roleplay Name : Aren

PostSubject: Re: If I Called You, Would You Come? A fanfic.   If I Called You, Would You Come? A fanfic. EmptySun Oct 19, 2008 1:21 pm

because he's the quiet cool guy is why
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/5058910
Eternal Silence
Admin
Admin
Eternal Silence

PostSubject: Re: If I Called You, Would You Come? A fanfic.   If I Called You, Would You Come? A fanfic. EmptySun Oct 19, 2008 10:13 pm

@ harvestangel14: Really? Hmm. As a writer, I am also a reader, and almost every Mineral Town fanfic I read is GrayxClaire. Cliff is somewhat popular, but I find him to be portrayed mostly as "the emo guy from down the lane", which is unfortunate.

@ Aren; I agree. Gray rocks my socks. Smile

Okay, you guys! Here's chapter #2! I don't like it as much, and it definitely needs more work, but here's the beta version, anyways. It kind of clues you in on some details. Just read the chapter and you'll figure out what I mean. As always, any comments or critique is greatly appreciated! Smile

Kai’s P.O.V

“Kai?” Popuri whispered gently, her pink hair falling in front of her face. “Hmm?” I muttered, leaning in to kiss her thin lips again. She pushed me away, but left her hands on my chest, tracing the muscles in my stomach with her long, slender finger. I ran my fingers through her hair, and she whimpered softly.
“Kai, we shouldn’t- we shouldn’t be doing this…” she trailed off. I watched her position herself on the floor so she could look into my eyes.
“God, Popuri!” I yelled, suddenly pulling away and leaning against the white wall of my beach shack. She flinched. I glared at her and continued. “We go through this every time. Either you’re in this, or you’re not. There’s no in between. If you wanna be a kid, then you can go run home to your mommy. If you want to stick with me, then you gotta get rid of all this doubt crap. Got it?”
“Kai-“
“I’m serious. I could get any girl at any place that I go with a snap of my fingers.” I snapped my fingers for added emphasis. The sound made her flinch once more. “But I choose to be with you.”
“And Claire,” she whispered, turning her cheerless crimson eyes to the ground. I bit my lip and looked at the ceiling. I dully noted that the white tiles on my restaurant’s roof had water damage from the last tsunami, and that was going to be a big, bad safety violation according to Harris, the town’s policeman, also described as an overpaid, hyped up, laughable security sentry who spent his hours sulking around town.
I turned back to Popuri, and a sickly grin spread on my face. “But Claire never has to know.” She looked like she wanted to say something, but at that moment the door creaked open. “Hello?” an immortally cute voice echoed throughout my beach shack. Popuri and I exchanged glances that both said the same thing: CLAIRE.
“Fix your top!” I hissed, pulling my tee shirt over my head then readjusting my bandana and standing up hurriedly.
“It’s a dress!” she hissed back at me. “And I can’t reach the back! ZIP IT UP BEFORE SHE COMES!” I obliged just as Claire’s footsteps could be heard. I counted her steps. Twelve steps meant she was going to the back room, which doubled as a bedroom when I was concerned that Gray would carry out with his “I’ll kill you in your sleep” threat. It didn’t really help that I shared a room with the guy. Dead men can’t cheat, after all. 20 steps meant that she was coming to the supply closet, where Popuri was hopping around, trying to zip her dress up. Thirteen...fourteen...fifteen... and the footsteps stopped, if only for a moment.
I reached over and pulled the zipper up at the second the footsteps could be heard again. I shoved Popuri under the counter and draped a blanket over it, then quickly sat down and put my iPod earphones in as Claire walked into the room.
Her youthful eyes lit up as she dashed over to me and threw her arms around my neck. I hugged her back and kissed her on the cheek. “Hey, gorgeous.” I murmured. She smiled and kissed me on the lips, leisurely but sure of herself.
A horrible sense of guilt bolted through my body as I took a good look at the trusting soul sitting on my lap as my other girlfriend was concealed from view. Claire deserved better than me. But I was the one she wanted to be with, and who was I to deny this beautiful being’s wants? I smiled at her, showing my teeth, and pulled her closer to me. “You ready to go?” I asked, her ear right next to my mouth. She giggled and nodded, and we stood up, arms linked, and I heard a barely audible sigh escape out from under the cabinets as I shut the door behind Claire and I.

Mary’s P.O.V

“’Farming Life’ by Jack Richards… Aha! Here it is!” I muttered, delicately sliding the book in between “Sew What?” by Anna Raleigh and “The Wonders of the Turnip” by Basil Roberts. I stood back and took a good look at my “charges”, sighing in content. I looked at the clock and gasped. While I was busy alphabetizing the books in my library, I had completely forgotten about my date with Gray. Oh, shoot, I thought, and started running around the library, grabbing my things.
My hair was a mess, and my face was no better by any means. All I could do was pray he didn’t notice… I sighed and decided there was nothing I could do about my unacceptable facial features except slick a little bit of cherry Chapstik over my chapped lips. I brushed some stray dust off of my blouse and sighed.
The bell on the library entrance vibrated against the wooden door, and I glanced up. “Gray!” I squealed, running over to him and throwing my arms around his neck, something I had seen Claire do to Kai many times. Gray blinked in surprise, but he hugged me back. I let go and held up a picnic basket that was resting by the door. “Ready to go?” I smiled, trying my best to imitate Claire’s most seductive smile that she always shot Kai at the Fireworks Festival.
“Uh…er, okay…” Gray replied, taking the picnic basket out of my pale hands. He did a double take as he glanced at my face, and then shook his head and groaned.
“Mary, what the hell is on your face?” He asked, touching the orange streaks on my face. I turned away and inaudibly murmured, “Self-tanner…”
“What? I can’t hear you.”
It’s self-tanner! I mentally exploded. Lumina told me that it would work like a charm, but she didn’t tell me how to put it on, and now my face is all orange! I subconsciously touched the fair patch on the back of my head, which was meticulously concealed by a slightly oblique braid. Oh, and also, Popuri said that maybe a blonde streak would look good in my lackluster black hair, but it BLEACHED MY HAIR! I have a big, yellow globule on the side of my head, and my mother freaked out, and I can’t dye it back because if I touch it with more chemicals, it will FALL OUT. My hair will FALL OUT. I grimaced, fighting back the urge to scream.
Gray regarded me calmly, and I felt like shrieking and striking him. I wanted him to get worked up, too, but he just sat there, looking cute as he shuffled back and forth, waiting for my reply.
“I, uh- I must have been careless when I was putting on my sunscreen, and some places must not have been covered enough. I’ll be more careful next time.” I was certain that my body language was shooting some major signals—even someone who couldn’t read me like a book as he could knew that I was an atrocious liar.
He opened his mouth to say something further, but I cut him off by holding up the picnic basket and offering him a weak, unconvincing smile. “Let’s just go have fun, okay?” I asked, pleading with my eyes, which were most likely bloodshot. I had stayed up too late last night trying every solution my mother could think of to cover the red splotches on my face. He nodded, and helped me to my feet.

Before we left, he turned to me and said, “Sometimes I wonder about you, Mary…”

OK! So there's chapter two! Don't expect the chapters to be churned out that fast in the future-- I was already halfway done with this chapter by the time I had posted the first one. I'll try to update at least once a week, though, depending on my schedule.

Hope you guys like it! Smile I have fun writing as Mary... I can use my smart-girl words...
Back to top Go down
harvestangel14
Fledging Farmer
Fledging Farmer
harvestangel14

PostSubject: Re: If I Called You, Would You Come? A fanfic.   If I Called You, Would You Come? A fanfic. EmptySun Oct 19, 2008 11:20 pm

smart girl words. . . .lol. . . .I, too, have the problem thatmy friends don't udnerstand my 'big words', which i tend to use frequently. Especially when I argue. It tends to scare my opponents. . . .*Laughs evilly. Coughs, and turns normal again.*

ANYWAAAAAAAYYYYYY. . . .I liked the chapter, and I always thought that Kai would do something like that. i just wish Claire would've cuahgt him and beat him to a bloody pulp. Unlike popular belief, however, I DESPISE kai. GOD! I think I hate him as much as Rick.

. . . .

pale affraid

Eeeeeeewwwwww! I have to go wash my keyboard, my fingers, and my brain. With sixty pounds of soap. Maybea brainwash. EEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWW! I just compared myself to Rick. Eew eew eew eew eew eew eew eew eew eew eew eew eew eew eew eew eewwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think I have to throw up. *Face turns green and runs to bathroom. Ten minutes later-scrubbing brian in sink with buckets of liquid soap at side*
Back to top Go down
Eternal Silence
Admin
Admin
Eternal Silence

PostSubject: Re: If I Called You, Would You Come? A fanfic.   If I Called You, Would You Come? A fanfic. EmptySun Oct 19, 2008 11:46 pm

I know, this chapter wasn't as good. I've been wracking my brain for a week trying to find ways to improve it, but it's more of a transitory chapter. I wanted Kai's cheating to be revealed, but I didn't want him to be caught just yet. I also wanted to start to hint at Mary's jealousy of Claire.

Blah, so, it'll get better once I'm able to acutally write the things I've been plotting.
Back to top Go down
foxtail616
Master Farmer
Master Farmer
foxtail616

Female Number of posts : 1445
Roleplay Name : Fox
Awards : If I Called You, Would You Come? A fanfic. Foxtail-1

PostSubject: Re: If I Called You, Would You Come? A fanfic.   If I Called You, Would You Come? A fanfic. EmptyMon Dec 29, 2008 5:24 am

Wow i love it! I actually read the whole thing ~
(my mission is to read every single story)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If I Called You, Would You Come? A fanfic.   If I Called You, Would You Come? A fanfic. Empty

Back to top Go down

If I Called You, Would You Come? A fanfic.
Page 1 of 1