Harvest Dreams
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeForum and Role Play RulesPortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Weary.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Eternal Silence
Admin
Admin
Eternal Silence

Female Number of posts : 6205
Roleplay Name : Arden Auiban
Awards : Weary. Esaward

Weary. Empty
PostSubject: Weary.   Weary. EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 2:34 am

Chase groaned as the boat pulled back into its position by the dock. It was late, and the bugs were swarming in the air. It was pretty miserable weather: hot, muggy, completely the opposite of what he had expected, and not at all what he wanted. He was worn out, even though he had done essentially nothing for the past three days.

The captain of the boat looked at him expectantly. Taking that as his cue, Chase gathered his few belongings in his hands and stepped off of the ferry, onto the pier. "Home sweet home," he muttered, using his free hand to swat a pesky bug away.
Back to top Go down
http://undertheorangetree.deviantart.com/
Red Riding Hood
Sprite
Sprite
Red Riding Hood

Female Number of posts : 2119
Roleplay Name : Blue

Weary. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weary.   Weary. EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 11:59 am

Trying to ignore the heavy heat that was set in the air, Mia had distracted herself in a tree overlooking the docks, waiting for Chase to emerge from one of the boats that occasionally drifted through.

It was a little pitiful, that she had been waiting like that for him, but she couldn't help it. Her heart was sore and wistful, and even though it had only been three days, it somehow felt like thousands.

And the very minute she saw him set foot on the docks, she hopped right out of the tree and ran to where her heart pulled her.
"Chase!" She called, running towards him.
"Welcome home."
Back to top Go down
afsangel
Special Member
Special Member
afsangel

Female Number of posts : 6693
Roleplay Name : Kazumi Martin

Awards : Weary. Afsangelaward-4

Weary. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weary.   Weary. EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 9:51 pm

Kazumi had heard the news from a store clerk a while ago. The information made her blood boil and rage had filled her face. She had collected information and found out the day he was to return,and today was that day. She ran as fast as her feet could take her, having already pushed her limits from working. Her face was red and wet with tears. She appeared worn out. Finally in plane sight ahead of her, she saw Mia and Chase. Her anger only rose."YOU IDIOT!' she yelled picking up a light stone and throwing it at Chase. Kazumi was breathing deep, uneven breaths, she obliviously had been crying. Her face was smudged with dirt and she was still in her work clothes. She hadn't been doing anything thing else all day. Fresh new tears ran down her face, her hazel eyes glistened in the sunlight. She picked up another light stone and tossed it at him.
Back to top Go down
Eternal Silence
Admin
Admin
Eternal Silence

Weary. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weary.   Weary. EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 11:01 pm

Chase grinned when he saw Mia. He hugged her back, putting his stuff down on the pier lightly. "Hi," he said.

When a stone knocked him in the skull, instantly drawing a drop of two of blood right by his hairline, he looked up, startled. A very angry Kazumi, with tearstains on her cheeks was glaring at him from a distance away. Instantly, he gulped. "Kazumi?" He reached up and touched the wound on his forehead. He drew his fingers away. They were sticky, dotted with red. His head didn't hurt that much. He looked back up at her. "Wait, what-?" He was confused. "Um, did I do something wrong?" he guessed.
Back to top Go down
afsangel
Special Member
Special Member
afsangel

Weary. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weary.   Weary. EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 11:03 pm

"Idiot!" she snapped again. "you are the most insensitive, indecent person ever!' "What, so that's it then? Just get up and leave without telling me!?' 'I looked for you everywhere, i was worried sick!" "And for that matter, you didn't even say goodbye!" "yet everyone seemed to know 'cept me." Kauz picked up another stone, but just held it in her hand, unable to throw the stone.
Back to top Go down
Eternal Silence
Admin
Admin
Eternal Silence

Weary. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weary.   Weary. EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 11:05 pm

Chase blinked. For a minute, he was rendered speechless- and that didn't happen very often. He glanced from Kazumi, down to Mia, back to Kazu. "I'm sorry," he apologized, standing still on the pier. His head was bleeding a little more profusely, but he didn't worry about it. Head wounds bled a lot. They were drama queens. "I got called away. It was really spur-of-the-moment. I tried to find you, but I couldn't."
Back to top Go down
afsangel
Special Member
Special Member
afsangel

Weary. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weary.   Weary. EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 11:09 pm

"Screw it." Kazu said darkly. She threw the stone at Chase feet and angerly stormed off. A sharp pain went through Kazu's head, but she ignored it. She was going to go home and do the only thing could take her mind off of it-work. She knew she seemed to be over-reacting a little, but deep inside of her, Kauzmi had feared he had left her for good, that she wasn't good enough. Just Kazu's insecurity's showing. It also had been bothering her about Chase and Mia. Sure she was happy but...it just made her uncomfortable.
Back to top Go down
Eternal Silence
Admin
Admin
Eternal Silence

Weary. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weary.   Weary. EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 11:12 pm

The stone skidded to a stop by Chase's feet. He stared at it, and then back at her retreating into the town. He looked over at Mia, rubbed his neck with his hand, and said, "Er...I think I should go talk to her." He looked at her apologetically. This was a big mess, and it was all his fault. He left her behind, looking back at her as he jogged after Kazumi, and then turned back around.

He caught up to her easily. "Kazumi!" he said, walking up directly behind her. "What was that? I'm sorry that I left, okay? I should've called, or wrote, or done something. That was my bad. Why are you so angry?"
Back to top Go down
afsangel
Special Member
Special Member
afsangel

Weary. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weary.   Weary. EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 11:16 pm

"Back off!' she snapped. Kazu coughed into her fist. That sharp pain shot through her head again. She sat down and leaned agenst a tree, pressing her hand to her forehead. She felt week, her muscles hurt, she hand''t been really hungry lately, and now she felt sick. "Don't worry about me right now." she said now sounding more tired than angry.
Back to top Go down
Eternal Silence
Admin
Admin
Eternal Silence

Weary. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weary.   Weary. EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 11:20 pm

Chase's face slid into a frown. "No." He shook his head. "I'm not going to leave you alone. And I don't think you want me to, either." He was angry for a split second. What crime had he committed? What had he done that was so bad that made Kazumi so angry at him that she'd throw stones directly at him?

But, as he watched, Kazu's face melted. She didn't look angry anymore; she looked...well, sick. "Are you okay?" She coughed, and he frowned harder. He reached over and pressed his hand against her forehead. "Well, you're burning up," he told her. "You need to get to a clinic. We can talk about this later. Let's go." He reached his hand out to her, hoping she wouldn't be stubborn enough to refuse his help. It was a long shot, but if she trusted him at all, she would listen to him.
Back to top Go down
afsangel
Special Member
Special Member
afsangel

Weary. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weary.   Weary. EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 11:23 pm

Kazu just nodded and took his hand. She felt weaker than before, and was in no position to reject, he'd figure it out anyway. Sorry she thought. I'm sorry. Please don't be angry with me.... The next thing Kazumi said was meant to be a thought to herself, but ti slipped out. 'Why do you insist on sharing my burdens?"
Back to top Go down
Eternal Silence
Admin
Admin
Eternal Silence

Weary. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weary.   Weary. EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 5:56 pm

Chase sighed. "Because you're my friend, okay?" He pulled her off the ground, and even her hand was hot. "Now, come on. We have to get to the Clinic. You're burning up." He looked around, trying to remember which direction the Clinic was in. Even in his hometown, he had a tendency of getting lost. But this time, his feet led him in the right path, dragging Kazumi along with him through the town. He thought about Mia, and instantly felt bad. He would have some explaining to do later.
Back to top Go down
afsangel
Special Member
Special Member
afsangel

Weary. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weary.   Weary. EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 5:59 pm

Kazumi just shut up after that, Chase was stressed enough as it was, she was only making it worse. Her mind drifted over to Mia, and she felt slightly upset. Sorry Mia. She aplogized. When they arrived at the clinic, Kazu's eye wondered up to it and gave it a displeasing look. Kazumi hated hospitals.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Weary. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weary.   Weary. Empty

Back to top Go down

Weary.
Page 1 of 1