Harvest Dreams
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeForum and Role Play RulesPortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

"The Girl Who Lept Through Time"

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
afsangel
Special Member
Special Member
afsangel

Female Number of posts : 6693
Roleplay Name : Kazumi Martin

Awards : "The Girl Who Lept Through Time" Afsangelaward-4

"The Girl Who Lept Through Time" Empty
PostSubject: "The Girl Who Lept Through Time"   "The Girl Who Lept Through Time" EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 1:36 am

this is one of the greatest japanese movies EVA! it's based off of a japanese novel. I really really liked it! SO NOT A WASTE OF TIME! SO i definitly reccomned it. You can find the english dub on youtube.
Spoiler:
I'd like to read the novel, but i don't think it came out in America.....i don't know. i can't read japanese, though ^^' Other awsomesauce movies reccomned by moi:

Sprirted Away
Howl's Moving Castle
Princess Mononoke
Nausica and the valley if the wind
Grave of the firefiles (i think es might like this one if she;s into that kinda thing. It's historical, takes place turning WW2 in japan)
My neighbor totoro
Laputa: Castle in the sky
Ponyo on a cliff(by the sea)

those are the ones i've seen here are some other movies from the same dicector i'd like to see

Kiki's delivery service
Tales from earthsea
Whisper to the heart
Back to top Go down
AlisaElric0150
Sprite
Sprite
AlisaElric0150

Female Number of posts : 1848

PostSubject: Re: "The Girl Who Lept Through Time"   "The Girl Who Lept Through Time" EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 10:31 pm

afsangel wrote:
this is one of the greatest japanese movies EVA! it's based off of a japanese novel. I really really liked it! SO NOT A WASTE OF TIME! SO i definitly reccomned it. You can find the english dub on youtube.
Spoiler:
I'd like to read the novel, but i don't think it came out in America.....i don't know. i can't read japanese, though ^^' Other awsomesauce movies reccomned by moi:

Sprirted Away
Howl's Moving Castle
Princess Mononoke
Nausica and the valley if the wind
Grave of the firefiles (i think es might like this one if she;s into that kinda thing. It's historical, takes place turning WW2 in japan)
My neighbor totoro
Laputa: Castle in the sky
Ponyo on a cliff(by the sea)

those are the ones i've seen here are some other movies from the same dicector i'd like to see

Kiki's delivery service
Tales from earthsea
Whisper to the heart

I can see you REALLY like Myuzaki's work. (I can't spell his name... Lets just say the creator of Spirited Away... XD) Well yes, I agree with you for all of his movies listed on the recommended ones. Now I need to ask you, which I think is the best Japanese movie... Well one of them... Have you seen The Cat Returns but the Spirited Away guy? Because if you have...
Spoiler:

Well, I especially agree with you for Princess Mono! I just love wolves. And I guess I'm going to have to check out Grave of Fireflies(Firefiles? Is it Fireflies or am I the one wrong XD?), eh?
Back to top Go down
http://nightroweliteacademy.canadian-forum.com/
afsangel
Special Member
Special Member
afsangel

PostSubject: Re: "The Girl Who Lept Through Time"   "The Girl Who Lept Through Time" EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 10:42 pm

never heard of 'the cat returns' but i'll check it out Smile and yes, it's 'firefiles' it's such a sad movie but it's good. i would descibe it as a 'slap-in-the-face-reality' of the war en such.
Back to top Go down
Dojikko
Dojikko

Female Number of posts : 20
Roleplay Name : Brody Michael Panes

PostSubject: Re: "The Girl Who Lept Through Time"   "The Girl Who Lept Through Time" EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 4:00 am

My. Favorite. Movie. Ever.

Spoiler:

Great movie though, I reccomend it to anyone and everyone.
Back to top Go down
afsangel
Special Member
Special Member
afsangel

PostSubject: Re: "The Girl Who Lept Through Time"   "The Girl Who Lept Through Time" EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 2:40 pm

Dojikko wrote:
My. Favorite. Movie. Ever.

Spoiler:

Great movie though, I reccomend it to anyone and everyone.

hm, could be. but then again she's traveling to a difrent time, so of course she'd be waring the clothes she wore at that point and time. It could be a possibility they change age, but i somehow doubt that....i guess it all depends on how you look at it. WHen she goes back in time, her age might change becuase how old she is in the present isn't the same as say...3 days ago. So when she goes back to the past, she's probably 3 days younger than she is in the present concidering that's how old she was at that point in time. SO basically, her age doesn't change at all. however, on the posability someone's age did change when time leaping, if someone from the future that traveled to the past it could be a posibility that his/her age changed depending on how old they were at the time. Making it possable that Chiaki was in fact that age in mo-chan's time. Meaning he was actually older in the future. SO when he travled back to the past, his age changed making it possable that he an mo-chan can be the same age in the future. But looking at it from another point of view, mo-chan may in fact be older than chiaki in the future. This could be on the theory that your age does not change during time travel, making it possable that chiaki was born in the future, but that would intertwine with 'how long into the future was he born?" becuase no one lives forever. so if on the chance he was born in the future, mo-chan would technechly be much older than him or she would be dead before they could even meet. All depending on time-zones here. But if in fact age does change with time travel, it could be possable that Chiaki and Mo-chan are the same age in the future. However there is on other thing; when time traveling, time doesn't travel, you do. Making it a possability that your age could change or not. All depending on what details or logic you back it up with. I hope that made sencse.

I've been playing Pheonix Wright. My thinking is thus inhansed (ya "wright")
Back to top Go down
Dojikko
Dojikko

Female Number of posts : 20
Roleplay Name : Brody Michael Panes

PostSubject: Re: "The Girl Who Lept Through Time"   "The Girl Who Lept Through Time" EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 8:11 pm

Ahaha, I think over half of that went right over my head.

But if I picked part of it up right, you thought I meant you age while traveling? But what I'd meant is if you go forward a day, you're a day older. If you go backwards a day, you're a day younger. So Chiaki and Makoto would be the same age in the future.

And still going off my own theory, I would guess they couldn't go any farther in the past than they had already lived through. Or they would die/disapear or something since they had not yet been born. But this is all really wild guessing on my part, since they never fully explain any of it in the movie.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "The Girl Who Lept Through Time"   "The Girl Who Lept Through Time" Empty

Back to top Go down

"The Girl Who Lept Through Time"
Page 1 of 1