Harvest Dreams
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeForum and Role Play RulesPortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Youtube and Google?

Go down 
+5
clairexcliff
BloodxXxDark
afsangel
35bell
AlisaElric0150
9 posters

What do you think about linking Google and Youtube?
It's stupid
Youtube and Google? Vote_lcap29%Youtube and Google? Vote_rcap
 29% [ 4 ]
I don't mind it
Youtube and Google? Vote_lcap43%Youtube and Google? Vote_rcap
 43% [ 6 ]
It's cool
Youtube and Google? Vote_lcap7%Youtube and Google? Vote_rcap
 7% [ 1 ]
I hate it
Youtube and Google? Vote_lcap7%Youtube and Google? Vote_rcap
 7% [ 1 ]
Doesn't matter
Youtube and Google? Vote_lcap14%Youtube and Google? Vote_rcap
 14% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 14

AuthorMessage
AlisaElric0150
Sprite
Sprite
AlisaElric0150

Female Number of posts : 1848

Youtube and Google? Empty
PostSubject: Youtube and Google?   Youtube and Google? EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 2:56 am

Okay, have any of you noticed that when you log on it asks you to link your youtube account to your google account? Even if you don't have one? Well, I don't know about you guys but I think it's really stupid.

Now, it won't let people log in without it, which is plain wrong. Countless people don't use, and can't(Because of internet, and those people are people I know) google so they can't even log in anymore! That includes me and I'm really made because of it. I mean, I'm on youtube every day(don't judge me) because... You know, I need a slice of comedy every day. I can still go on without logging on yeah, but that's MY account and I've had it for such a long time now. It was fine before because it was optional to link accounts. Now it's necessary. Why though?!

What do you guys think about it?
Back to top Go down
http://nightroweliteacademy.canadian-forum.com/
35bell
35bell

Female Number of posts : 5158
Roleplay Name : Genna Song

Awards : Youtube and Google? Bellnov

PostSubject: Re: Youtube and Google?   Youtube and Google? EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 5:22 am

I can still log in without it. On the bottom its just says do it later. i think its stupid. i barely use my account anyway xD I do have a gmail account but im always too lazy to link it :'D
So if it wont let me log in anymore, Ill just make a new one.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/35bell
AlisaElric0150
Sprite
Sprite
AlisaElric0150

PostSubject: Re: Youtube and Google?   Youtube and Google? EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 7:54 pm

Thing is, I find that the people that have gotten the information on it being optional a lot then they get rid if the option. I had to delete my old account(Which had a lot of views and was still a bit active) to use the google account and I can't remake it.

Also, the new layout isn't very fun either.
Back to top Go down
afsangel
Special Member
Special Member
afsangel

Female Number of posts : 6693
Roleplay Name : Kazumi Martin

Awards : Youtube and Google? Afsangelaward-4

PostSubject: Re: Youtube and Google?   Youtube and Google? EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 8:07 pm

Yeah, few years back google took over youtube and starting taking down videos due to copyright infringement, which is stupid. I mean, no one claims that footage as their own and most people put a disclaimer on it. Also, and this is just something that get on my nerves, had anyone noticed that the price for some songs on itunes has gone up? Songs are still 99 cents, but some songs have gone up to 1.25.
Back to top Go down
BloodxXxDark
Fledging Farmer
Fledging Farmer
BloodxXxDark

Female Number of posts : 101

PostSubject: Re: Youtube and Google?   Youtube and Google? EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 2:34 am

Yes, It's quite annoying. I wrote a letter to Larry Page a few years ago about what he's done to Youtube. I'm not sure if my teacher ever sent it, but- I'm still in hopes that he did, as unlikely as it is. They've ruined it in terms of accesibility, privacy and copyright infingements.
Back to top Go down
http://surrealdreaming.forumotion.net
AlisaElric0150
Sprite
Sprite
AlisaElric0150

PostSubject: Re: Youtube and Google?   Youtube and Google? EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 2:47 am

Exactly. And all these changes on Youtube suck.

Like the like and dislike instead of the star widget. The stars were easier to use, as well there were more options then like or dislike. The que thing gets annoying because it will just automatically change the video, and sometimes you want to rewatch something. The new layout is so stupid. I mean, Its hard enough to get used to one but now there's a couple of different layouts like the homepage, the channels, and videos. I mean, the homepage layout doesn't show your messages or new comments anymore, it's screwed up.
Back to top Go down
clairexcliff
Hero
Hero
clairexcliff

Male Number of posts : 4687
Roleplay Name : Amando
2nd char:Roan

Awards : Youtube and Google? Cliffnov

PostSubject: Re: Youtube and Google?   Youtube and Google? EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 12:27 pm

That thing is sooo annoying...instead of later why won't they put a thing saying I hate this and that messge won't appear anymore..everytime I open my account,I always see that...it's making me sick.
Back to top Go down
boot
boot

Female Number of posts : 2

PostSubject: Re: Youtube and Google?   Youtube and Google? EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 7:41 am

That wouldn't make a big difference on my point of view.
Back to top Go down
Rosel
Rosel

Female Number of posts : 1

PostSubject: Re: Youtube and Google?   Youtube and Google? EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 5:16 am

Normally Google always link with every site, when we searching videos in Google it always shows YouTube videos first. So it doesn’t make that much of benefit to again linking YouTube and Google. Wink
Back to top Go down
clairexcliff
Hero
Hero
clairexcliff

Male Number of posts : 4687
Roleplay Name : Amando
2nd char:Roan

Awards : Youtube and Google? Cliffnov

PostSubject: Re: Youtube and Google?   Youtube and Google? EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 2:13 pm

I'm glad that someone revived this conversation Smile
I had enough with YouTube..they say that if you don't link with google you can't sign in anymore. it's insane. I worked hard to earn 100+ subs and this month was suppose to be my first anniversary at YouTube and I made a video about it and worked it for 2 freaking weeks! Sorry I got carried away Smile)
Back to top Go down
Kritten
Admin
Admin
Kritten

Female Number of posts : 8780
Roleplay Name : Kitty Kitz
Awards : Youtube and Google? Badge

PostSubject: Re: Youtube and Google?   Youtube and Google? EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 8:11 pm

Linking isn't too bad now, you don't have to sign in with your email and there are more features than before. It also helps against account theif, so now I feel like my XKitzCatX account won't get hacked. Uploads are faster for me and I can put up longer videos. Yeah, it's annoying that Google is monopolizing alot on the Internet (good think Facebook wasn't bought out), but that's life in the buisness world.

Back to top Go down
35bell
35bell

Female Number of posts : 5158
Roleplay Name : Genna Song

Awards : Youtube and Google? Bellnov

PostSubject: Re: Youtube and Google?   Youtube and Google? EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 11:15 pm

Im going to make a new account soon anyways.
With my gmail account so I wont have to go through this thing :/
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/35bell
Andres
Fledging Farmer
Fledging Farmer
Andres

Male Number of posts : 169
Roleplay Name : Seth

PostSubject: Re: Youtube and Google?   Youtube and Google? EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 11:30 pm

It kinda sucks, I had two accounts on the same email account but now i can only use one account, it's too bad but i never really used the other account that much, so i don't mind it too much...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Youtube and Google?   Youtube and Google? Empty

Back to top Go down

Youtube and Google?
Page 1 of 1