Harvest Dreams
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeForum and Role Play RulesPortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

History of HD

Go down 
+6
RainbowMilly
AlisaElric0150
Kritten
afsangel
clairexcliff
Andres
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Andres
Fledging Farmer
Fledging Farmer
Andres

Male Number of posts : 169
Roleplay Name : Seth

History of HD Empty
PostSubject: History of HD   History of HD EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 6:36 am

I'm not sure If this is okay to post here but, I've Fallen in love with this Site and each and every one of you guys Smile You're all so amazing and kind, and I just wanted to know who founded the site, you know information on what has happened why some have left, like I see someone in the important topics often, her name is rose something and I always wondered I mean of course people leave but when you've been on the site for so long it's kind of depressing, either way, if you could give me some information on the site and how you've come to be here that would be awesome Very Happy.
Back to top Go down
clairexcliff
Hero
Hero
clairexcliff

Male Number of posts : 4687
Roleplay Name : Amando
2nd char:Roan

Awards : History of HD Cliffnov

History of HD Empty
PostSubject: Re: History of HD   History of HD EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 10:42 am

Well, I also do LACK information about the site..when I joined here. There were tons of active members and tons of events. and yeah, the founder already left and I don't know why.
Back to top Go down
afsangel
Special Member
Special Member
afsangel

Female Number of posts : 6693
Roleplay Name : Kazumi Martin

Awards : History of HD Afsangelaward-4

History of HD Empty
PostSubject: Re: History of HD   History of HD EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 12:09 pm

Rossette. :-D She hasn't been on for quite some time, but she's the one who founded this website.
Back to top Go down
Kritten
Admin
Admin
Kritten

Female Number of posts : 8780
Roleplay Name : Kitty Kitz
Awards : History of HD Badge

History of HD Empty
PostSubject: Re: History of HD   History of HD EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 1:02 pm

I have been apart of HD since the founding of it, so I will tell you all I know from the making of it.

Believe it or not, this all started on youtube. Around three or so years ago, Venus's (or Rose's) youtube account (heartachecure) sent out a message to many people she thought were knowledgeable in regards to HM games asking if anyone would call themselves an expert in a few games. Since I was making videos on youtube about HM and would comment on her videos in response to some peoples' questions, I happened to be one of the people she sent the message to.

Being who I was, I said 'yes' without a doubt. The next think I knew I was a moderator for a site called Harvest Dreams. At first we were pretty small but after a year, we grew to be pretty large adding more staff each year. At first Rose's first was VenusRose, but do to a personal matter she changed it, so someone she knew that would be bad for the site wouldn't come (she was apart of many sites). This is why I still call her Venus, when most people call her Rose now.

The next thing you probably know of is that Rosette left the site due to personal reasons. In a simple way she grew up, and didn't have the time to run a site or her popular youtube channel (that had heart events for HM games). She decided to work with her visual novel, Frozen Essence, when she had free time. It's pretty cool, so if you have time check it out, since she's all done with it.

http://unbrokenhours.com/frozenessence.html

Venus ended up leaving ES and I in charge of the site, and that is pretty much it. Any further questions?
Back to top Go down
AlisaElric0150
Sprite
Sprite
AlisaElric0150

Female Number of posts : 1848

History of HD Empty
PostSubject: Re: History of HD   History of HD EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 2:40 pm

Yeah, Rosette was really nice and founded the site in such a great way.

I remember talking to her for a bit and she was really helpful with everything that there was to talk about from game walkthrouhs, to the site, and even video making(I knew her before the site online). I can't believe it's been over a year since she left... ;A;

Three years ago... That was A LONG time ago. I remember when the site opened too. I didn't join right away but... Yeah.

I think she got her most member cycle because of her video she posted about the site, seeing as how popular she was on youtube, so many people would see it.

I miss Rosette... TT^TT
Back to top Go down
http://nightroweliteacademy.canadian-forum.com/
RainbowMilly
Farmer
Farmer
RainbowMilly

Female Number of posts : 224
Roleplay Name : Jordan Summerfield.

History of HD Empty
PostSubject: Re: History of HD   History of HD EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 3:41 pm

This is like story time! It is nice to hear about the history of it. I would've liked to see it in it's hayday. But I guess I joined too late for that. Oh well! Hayday or not, HD is still the site I like the most!
Back to top Go down
Sanaka*~
Master Farmer
Master Farmer
Sanaka*~

Male Number of posts : 1301
Roleplay Name : Frederik
Awards : History of HD Sanakanov

History of HD Empty
PostSubject: Re: History of HD   History of HD EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 3:50 pm

Oh wow it's been so long already?-- I'M GETTING OLD JEEBUS.
Back to top Go down
35bell
35bell

Female Number of posts : 5158
Roleplay Name : Genna Song

Awards : History of HD Bellnov

History of HD Empty
PostSubject: Re: History of HD   History of HD EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 6:47 pm

Ah the old HD days. Where everone used one lined RPs and there was magic and people can just teleport to like...anywhere xD

The founder was no other than Rosette <3 She is very kind and its sad that she had to go away due to some stuff. Gah I remember when I joined when I was like 11 o_O. I didn't know anything and plus I would consider myself 'dumb' at that time. What can I say? Im a blonde for pete's sake!

We used to have a lot of "Drama" back then. Im not saying names but after it when away HD was back to its peaceful self. We used to have TONS of active members and RPed a lot. Lots of heart events, marriages, times where I can sing the tree song >D

It was awesome 8D

Its sad that not a lot of people are active and back then we tried to make up advertisements to get more people here.

Like the new members would just post in "Favorite day of the week" or "Favorite -insert something here-" and BYE BYE. They never come again ._.
Thats what I hate.

When I first joined I didn't come back till Christmas (Cause I did not know how to make a new topic. Like I said IM A BLONDE) I did fall inactive at times but that was due to school or I was interested in other things.

But y'know HD is HD. Its nice to see new memebers that actually stay and befriend us because obviously it looks like HD failing. D: So hopefully we can get some new members or those awesome inactive members can come back and be active again <3

I MEAN THE "I FORGOT MY PASSWORD" BUTTON IS RIGHT.THERE. C'mon inactive members just press it if you just forgot your password D:

You guys are making me sad ;A;

Anyways, that is basically it? xD
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/35bell
afsangel
Special Member
Special Member
afsangel

History of HD Empty
PostSubject: Re: History of HD   History of HD EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 7:03 pm

Haha, I was one of the first members (the 7th to join, actually. And one of the 2 still that still remain active today. The other being Kitty.) and I STILL haven't gotten any better at writing XD I just learned how to write in more lines. Man looking at some of the new-time rpers REALLY takes me back. Kazu still hasn't settled down either, which I really don't care about anymore XDD

I remember the drama ALL to well, being as I was the first (as to my knowledge) to be effected by it and probably got it the worse (via PM). Let's just say a notable part of Harvest Dreams history is there's only ONE member who's EVER been banned.

I REMEMBER THE TREE SONG DX I also remember Red's Megaloden. I named my MegaHammer on Ocarina of Time "Megaloaden" in honor of her. But, I suppose these harsh economic times call for a new song.

"Food! Glorious food! Hot sausage and mustard!"

*cough* Hey bellalala, we need to have another competition to keep us busy for a while D: How about on to celebrate Harvest Dreams' history? (We had one of those quite some time ago I believe) It can me a picture or a fan fiction or maybe a comic strip. What do you think? Perhaps before school starts so we can get it done it time.
Back to top Go down
Andres
Fledging Farmer
Fledging Farmer
Andres

Male Number of posts : 169
Roleplay Name : Seth

History of HD Empty
PostSubject: Re: History of HD   History of HD EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 7:23 pm

That's honestly amazing, that a site so young can have so much history, and one more additional question, does Rose ever come back and say hi?

And LOL Yeah I know who your talking about, although I will not bring up "she who shall not be written" I'm pretty sure spouting her name is like saying voldemort in the harry potter books, Although I will not lie Since I've joined this site I've been curious but I will not ask who or what, for obvious reasons, btw I'm kinda strange like that and always look into old posts trying to find out as much as I can so sorry about that.

In fact first week I joined, I was kinda scolded for posting on old topics, I'm so sorry people It was my first week I was so excited and I literately posted within 100 times within the first week o_o i was averaging 12 post per day....

Last edited by Andres on Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
afsangel
Special Member
Special Member
afsangel

History of HD Empty
PostSubject: Re: History of HD   History of HD EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 7:31 pm

No, she hasn't come back for quite some time :-(

At least not that I'm aware of.

Back to top Go down
35bell
35bell

Female Number of posts : 5158
Roleplay Name : Genna Song

Awards : History of HD Bellnov

History of HD Empty
PostSubject: Re: History of HD   History of HD EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 10:04 pm

She rarely comes on. And I mean RARELY.

Its really sad ;A;

It's like encountering a shiny legendary pokemon without cheats xD
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/35bell
AlisaElric0150
Sprite
Sprite
AlisaElric0150

Female Number of posts : 1848

History of HD Empty
PostSubject: Re: History of HD   History of HD EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 11:01 pm

I did talk to her from a back and forth, ONE talk because I gave feedback to her visual novel...

And I didn't know she came on like... Once ever fiftey years. D: I have to keep an eye out.
Back to top Go down
http://nightroweliteacademy.canadian-forum.com/
Eternal Silence
Admin
Admin
Eternal Silence

Female Number of posts : 6205
Roleplay Name : Arden Auiban
Awards : History of HD Esaward

History of HD Empty
PostSubject: Re: History of HD   History of HD EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 11:10 pm

Rose pops on from time to time to see how we're doing. We've left all of her staff privileges on her account, so she usually posts in the staff section when she does stop by, and she's always welcome here. c: I received a personal message from her quite a while ago, but other than that, she's grown up a bit and moved on to other things. And this is totally fine! Rose was quite a bit older than the rest of us, I believe she was in her 20s when she ended up leaving. Between college and her own personal projects, she didn't have as much time to devote to HD anymore.

I was one of the earlier members to join, doing so a month after the site opened, and the day after Red joined, actually. I didn't quite know how to interact with everyone, so I actually left for a bit and didn't return until five months later. It only took about a month or so for me to be promoted to a staff member, and then not long after that, I became an admin. For a long, long time, this site really was my life. You guys should see some of our topics from, oh, I'd say around late-2009-ish in the staff section. We had so many ideas, so many improvements and concepts and different things that we all wanted to try out. We ended up completely revamping our RP section, adding a bunch of new features, and taking on new staff members.

When I think about HD, I only have good memories. We've had bumps in the road and problematic issues with members and things like that, and our activity dwindles a bit sometimes, but I love this group of people so much, and this site has made the past three years (because it is our anniversary this month, guys! three whole years~) of my life that much better.
Back to top Go down
http://undertheorangetree.deviantart.com/
Kamal
Farmer
Farmer
Kamal

Male Number of posts : 269
Roleplay Name : Konstantin Tribute

History of HD Empty
PostSubject: Re: History of HD   History of HD EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 4:32 am

Wow, that's allot of history...

As a side note, I remember the first time I saw this place was back in Christmas 2010, then I came back after like 5-6 and registered >__>
Back to top Go down
RainbowMilly
Farmer
Farmer
RainbowMilly

Female Number of posts : 224
Roleplay Name : Jordan Summerfield.

History of HD Empty
PostSubject: Re: History of HD   History of HD EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 4:50 am

So,
Venus changed her name to Rosette and created HD. It was a place with potential, it was fun. Although at one time everyone had superpowers and it was sort of full of drama,but after the chamber of secrets was sealed and you-know-who was banned, it got really awesome. Many Rp'd and there were fun events contests, stories, discussions, etc. But then all of a sudden, did everyone stop comming all at once? That is what I assume, then Rosette/Venus/the creator grew up and passed down the torch for personal reasons and made an epic visual novel.

Am I missing anything?
Back to top Go down
clairexcliff
Hero
Hero
clairexcliff

Male Number of posts : 4687
Roleplay Name : Amando
2nd char:Roan

Awards : History of HD Cliffnov

History of HD Empty
PostSubject: Re: History of HD   History of HD EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 12:28 pm

ah. I just love reminiscing! Very Happy
I remember when I joined her, I thought I was the only Filipino person but it turns out that moonlight03( who seems inactive) is also a Filipino. Because of this site, I met nice people and found out many things.

and there's still something, but I don't want for all to remember it now. It's a Secret Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

History of HD Empty
PostSubject: Re: History of HD   History of HD Empty

Back to top Go down

History of HD
Page 1 of 1