Harvest Dreams
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeForum and Role Play RulesPortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Everything Goes Wrong [Open]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Speakeasy
Farmer
Farmer
Speakeasy

Female Number of posts : 346
Roleplay Name : Ray Burns

Everything Goes Wrong [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Everything Goes Wrong [Open]   Everything Goes Wrong [Open] EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 11:34 pm

Spring 1st 8:00 PM

“Brrrrr.” Ray shivered after his shift at work, drenched from head to toe in rain water. His face was flushed, frozen in a red glaze that others couldn’t help but gaze at. It was an obnoxious color, like the paint on a clown’s haunted face. His eyes seemed cold and lifeless like the melting icicles dangling on the Inn’s gutters, and anyone that happened to make eye contact with him would even swear that they felt a dagger go right through their heart. He wasn’t in a bad mood though, oh no, in fact he was in his own little world where everything was simply fine and dandy. It was WARM AND DRY. YES. RELIEF EVERYWHERE.

As he stood in front of the bar, he was literally blanking out with his doofus-ish face focused on the lights in the ceiling. Was the boy alright? Doug forced a cough to try and lure Ray’s attention back in, but like a fiesty salmon fighting against the current, he was out there. It was kinda funny watching him; frozen drool in the corner of his lips, and his legs were still trembling from the bitter, confusing weather that Spring often gave.

The only thing was…he was in the way of the bar. Wasting a perfectly usable bar stool in front of him, to the dismay of other weather distraught customers that wanted something warm to drink. ‘Uhh…Why am I even here again? Today was something important...right?’ He recalled thinking, but found his mind too sluggish to even get the gears properly moving.
Back to top Go down
35bell
35bell

Female Number of posts : 5158
Roleplay Name : Genna Song

Awards : Everything Goes Wrong [Open] Bellnov

PostSubject: Re: Everything Goes Wrong [Open]   Everything Goes Wrong [Open] EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 5:05 pm

It was a regular New years day. The poor red head had fled from Sunshine island from a patient of his who nearly attacked him with words an unmarried man should never hear. God his patient was just, insane. So he still had little of his day off right? It was only eight pm, he still had four hours or less. So he decided to just go somewhere else to enjoy some of his day off.

Yup, he ended up at Mineral town which was a peaceful little town. Taking a little night walk around the town he decided to just visit the inn for a little while an have a drink or two.

He opened the door normally, hoping his insane patient wasn't here to attack him. The inn had a warm feeling to it, and a welcoming status. Mineral Town was surely a good place to live obviously, but the red head had to live closer to his job. So he wouldn't be late like he did in the past.

Also getting drunk was the last thing he wanted to do. He did that once, no good reports from his patients. But that was just the old hospital he used to work at. It was busy as ever, and probably still was. He liked the country better where there was less trauma.

As he was making his way to a bar stool, he saw a small man sitting there, frozen. To Michael, this was pretty funny. You can even see frozen drool on him. Oh well, it was the weather after all. Still in the winter temperatures but it would warm up soon. To himself, he needed to warm up and not be at risk for hypothermia. That would be bad.

The red head looked at the man who just sat there. "You awake?"
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/35bell
Speakeasy
Farmer
Farmer
Speakeasy

PostSubject: Re: Everything Goes Wrong [Open]   Everything Goes Wrong [Open] EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 5:24 pm

Ray heard a voice behind him speak right in the middle of his thoughts, which he actually thought was a voice in his head. It was like having a bubble pop inside of him, with his body making a lurch forward in sudden surprise. Despite the creeping goosebumps on his shoulder, either from the cold or from his jumpyness from his quick switch to reality, he figured that he wasn’t going crazy and someone was actually behind him. The setting of the bar settled in on him fast, and he eased back into the bar stool. He spun around in the spinny chair to face the stranger, using his sleeve to quickly erase the traces of ice against his lips.

“Uh…” He stared at Michael, the freaking giant that stood in front of him. At first glance, it looked like the man was going to beat him up, but he was sure that he hadn’t done anything wrong to deserve that. Right? Unless he zoned out from lack of sleep again…

“I’d like to think I’m awake…I’m still kinda out of it. I was stuck working today and nobody came in.” He sighed, still feeling that nagging feeling that he was missing something. There was a free seat right next to him in case Michael wanted to sit down for a breather, though Ray didn’t seem to notice it.
Back to top Go down
35bell
35bell

PostSubject: Re: Everything Goes Wrong [Open]   Everything Goes Wrong [Open] EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 5:54 pm

Michael looked at the man. He seemed to be tired, really tired. While, he himself, was wide awake. It was only eight pm. But surely, this was bed time for most people since some people stayed up late yesterday.

Work seemed to be mostly hard for him, no one coming in. Well it was new years day. No one really goes in to buy things on new years day because most stores are closed.

"It's New years day, no one really comes in,"

He explained to the seemingly tired man. He sat down on the bar stool. He was happy to be away from his insane patient. That just creeped him out. Those words freaked him out. God, he was being sexual harassed. He didn't like that. All he needed was a drink to warm him up a bit.
Back to top Go down
Speakeasy
Farmer
Farmer
Speakeasy

PostSubject: Re: Everything Goes Wrong [Open]   Everything Goes Wrong [Open] EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 6:17 pm

“N-New Year’s Day, you say?” Ray stammered out, thinking back on the last time he glanced at a calendar. He knew that it was late winter, but with the weather looking so gloomy; it could have posed as early spring. The thought settled in on him a bit uneasily, but he accepted it as a fact by now and turned to face Doug.

“I’ll have some ice water.”He knew it was free, and at the moment Ray needed to save up all of the money he could get. It wasn’t as if his father had sent him here with a wad of money; in fact, he even had to pay for the ship’s ticket to get to Mineral Town. Getting that money was no easy task, so he knew well not to waste his hard earned gold on temporary temptations.

Doug merely nodded and let the two boys have at it with whatever conversation they might have, though it was easy to see that he expected Ray to order something a little bit warmer. Once Ray had his drink, he sipped at it and glanced over at the stranger. The guy looked like he had it rough, so why not get a conversation out of him?

“Want to talk about it?” He joked, but then realized that he might have to explain himself a bit. “You look pretty beat.” Ray gave the nameless man a curious, but friendly look and smile. On nights like these, sometimes it was just better to be quiet, so if the stranger hadn’t felt like talking much, he would merely leave it at that.
Back to top Go down
35bell
35bell

PostSubject: Re: Everything Goes Wrong [Open]   Everything Goes Wrong [Open] EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 8:36 pm

"Yup, May not look like it but it sure is," He explained. The snow was still in its melting stage, so it might not look like spring yet. But soon enough it will be summer then the whole cycle starts again. He didn't like bad weather but it was pretty nice out and this morning he just went out for a little walk then running into his crazy patient again.

"I'll have some water too please," He asked Doug. Thankfully, the inn served free water. After fleeing from that blonde he was glad to be in a place where she would never find him. Oh yes, she stayed up too long. maybe that just wasn't herself right now, focus on something else.

The man said he looked beat, He would just make long story short. "Insane patient, She's just creepy," he explained. Okay, he did not like being called 'sexy'. That was just too much for him, he wasn't a guy that could fall in love easily. Plus he wasn't used to that. Especially that word. That made him shiver.

He finally realized that he didn't introduce himself. Oh what a stupid doctor you are, Michael. Just have the moment to forget that insane patient of yours.

"I'm Michael by the way,"
Back to top Go down
Speakeasy
Farmer
Farmer
Speakeasy

PostSubject: Re: Everything Goes Wrong [Open]   Everything Goes Wrong [Open] EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 9:37 pm

“Insane…patient? You’re not a psychiatrist, right?” Ray was a tad intimidated once he realized that he was talking to a very smart man, and to add more spice in the can, he was younger than him too. Well, if that wasn’t an eye opener to this simple bagger’s life, then he didn’t know what was. He took another sip of his water to try and get the awkwardness out of his system; it had been a while since he had gotten along with a complete stranger like this. Best to get used to it, seeing how friendly, well scratch that, open everyone was around here.

“I hope I don’t run into her then, or else I might need a doctor.” He grinned, having no idea how these words were going to haunt him in the nearby future. Still, sounded like Mr.Brains right next to him had things tough. An insane patient, what would that person even be like? He imagined some crazy older woman like Manna, except uglier and without hair…that probably thought that the sky was green and that they owned the universe. ’…Nah. I’ve never met an actual crazy person, but I’m sure that isn’t it.’ He thought with an odd look on his face, but quickly erased it with the stranger’s introduction.

“Good to meet you, Michael. If I ever become a patient of yours, I sure you don’t go ranting to some poor guy about it.” He extended a hand warmly in the doctor’s direction, offering a firm handshake before introducing himself.

“I’m Ray, nothing special. Just work at the local grocery store until something better comes along.” He said, still a little tired from the day, but was just starting to perk up a little.
Back to top Go down
35bell
35bell

PostSubject: Re: Everything Goes Wrong [Open]   Everything Goes Wrong [Open] EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 11:50 pm

"No, actually I'm a surgeon around here. My insane patient had hypothermia so I took care of her until she was allowed to go. Turns out she's following me everywhere," He explained. When he got to talking about his insane patient again, he just freaked out. She was like a professional stalker. It was creepy, very creepy. He didn't mind being called cute and all but that 's' word always made him feel weird.

The man's name was Ray. Compared to Michael's size, he was a giant over this guy. Eh, he didn't mind. never judge someone on their size. He shook hands with the man and gave a weak grin. "It's nice to meet you Ray,"

Gah, Michael was always a small talker when introducing himself to others. But he was very talkative when explaining something. Ray seemed to work at a nearby grocery store. But he may find something else in the near future. Well, he loved his job as being a surgeon. Nope, no can change his mind.
Back to top Go down
Speakeasy
Farmer
Farmer
Speakeasy

PostSubject: Re: Everything Goes Wrong [Open]   Everything Goes Wrong [Open] EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 2:14 am

Ray laughed when he heard that and started looking around the bar, attempting to see if any of the other young ladies happened to be watching them at that time. He did make eye contact with Ann, but he quickly averted his gaze since she seemed unlikely for the “insane patient” stereotype. Actually, none of the people in the inn at the moment appeared crazy or stalkerish. That was quite worrying if the girl was in here right now. Oh, he said nice to meet you...it was time for a reply now.

“Yeah, same here man.” He nodded over at Michael and turned to face ahead of him. The wine bottles looked mighty old and fancy, but he was never really into drinking wine. He wasn’t that big on the gourmet stuff—heck, he would’ve been happy with the cheapest crap on the market any day. There was a break in the conversation, and since they were guys and not chit-chatty chicks, that was just fine with him.

“How long have you been here? I just got here last week, so I’m still getting used to things.” Ray was feeling a bit bad that he wasn’t the best at conversations himself, but he made an effort to socialize at least. He figured that once a good topic came up, then it would be easy from then on in.
Back to top Go down
35bell
35bell

PostSubject: Re: Everything Goes Wrong [Open]   Everything Goes Wrong [Open] EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 4:56 pm

Doug gave the surgeon his water which he ordered. Still he was thankful that it was free because he didn't have any money with him right now. He took a sip of his water. Yup, same old water but it was refreshing.

"I haven't been here for too long, I've been here since late summer," He explained, grinning a bit. Now he wasn't the newbie anymore, but he guessed it was alright being the new person in town. But he remembered he soon got a job when he moved here, but he still lived in the inn. He wasn't ready to live in a house yet that you had to pay for every season. He did make some good income but still he wasn't ready.

"Just don't yourself into trouble,"
He joked. Usually new people get in trouble in new areas. Like lost, being on someone elses property, or just being beat up by someone. he didn't get some people these days.
Back to top Go down
Speakeasy
Farmer
Farmer
Speakeasy

PostSubject: Re: Everything Goes Wrong [Open]   Everything Goes Wrong [Open] EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 5:40 pm

Ray nodded silently contemplating the new information; so the guy had been here for almost a full year now. He was still pretty new then, considering that this was one of those old fashioned towns where people and their families have been here for generations. At least that’s what he heard from the Mayor, but he still liked the place. It had its charms; but the clean air and the peacefulness was what initially drew him in.

“So almost a whole year, huh? Feel like coming here was worth it?” Ray asked, duly noting that Michael finally got a drink of his own. You’d think that a doctor had a high paying job, yet he got the free stuff too. Well, he supposed if he knew a lot about health and things, he’d be leaning towards healthier choices too.

“In trouble?” Ray grinned, understanding how easy people could be led into mischief out here. It was so calm and peaceful that people were bound to get bored sometime. He didn’t think that he would be the type to actually cause any problems, but then again, the people of this place had surprised him.

“Is there anyone I should look out for?” He decided to ask, sensing an opening into the conversation. This was interesting, after all. Plus he could get a better idea about who he should avoid while staying at the inn.
Back to top Go down
35bell
35bell

PostSubject: Re: Everything Goes Wrong [Open]   Everything Goes Wrong [Open] EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 6:24 pm

"It was worth it, less dramatic scene at the hospital," Michael joked. Every single minute in that hospital was a patient that me in at critical condition. It was pretty stressful when he was still a newbie surgeon. Although, a kind nurse helped him out every time. He can't get her off his mind, god dang it.

Getting back into reality the man asked him something. "Not really but I can handle it," He said grinning a bit. The man seemed a bit older than him but shorter. Heredity, maybe some of his family was short. Poor guy, people must mistake him of his age. But the stalker of his was calling him the 's' word which is not meant to be spoken in front of children. It just scared him and freaked him out.

"If you see a blonde, with blue eyes, and same height as you. Watch out," He warned. She wasn't probably going to beat him up but fall in love with him probably. Why would she like a red head, brown eyes, pale skin, and practically a giant? That seriously wasn't attractive. Not that he wanted to be attractive but just asking why she would fall for him.

Look at this guy next to him. Blonde hair, blue eyes, and sun kissed skin. That is what every woman fell for. While the surgeon was the complete opposite.
Back to top Go down
Speakeasy
Farmer
Farmer
Speakeasy

PostSubject: Re: Everything Goes Wrong [Open]   Everything Goes Wrong [Open] EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 11:28 pm

Ray nearly spit out his drink when he heard Michael give out that description—was he seriously implying that there was a short midget girl out there that looked a lot like him? If there was a twin in this world that his mom didn’t tell him about, he was half ready to call her that second and try and beat the information out of her. He didn’t consider how young the girl actually was, since a lot of younger people here tended to be around 18-23; when people stopped growing.

”Shoot, I hope I’m not related to her by chance.” He really hoped that wasn’t true, actually, but he said it in a joking manner. Though they looked plenty alike, he sure didn’t act as bold and straightforward as this insane look-a-like.

”Actually, that almost sounds like M-“ He got distracted when he noticed Duke and Harris in the back obnoxiously laughing in a drunken stupor. ”uhh…It sounds like Muffy.” Ray snickered at the guys in the background, but refused to say anything bad about them. The look on his face should’ve said it all, actually.
Back to top Go down
35bell
35bell

PostSubject: Re: Everything Goes Wrong [Open]   Everything Goes Wrong [Open] EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 12:19 am

Ray looked like he almost spitted out his drink after giving a description of the insane patient of his. "A lot of people may look alike in this world, I bet she isn't," He explained. Some people had blonde hair, same height, and same hair as others but not blood related. There were some cases where a mother had a child but their DNA didn't match. He thought those cases were rather saddening.

Ray also seemed to be cut off by Duke and Harris were talking about something, it would be impolite to jump in and listen to their conversation. The the blonde said something about Muffy. That blonde girl at the bar back in forget me not also bored him and felt like he was being watched. Was every blonde girl chasing him? "I feel like I'm being chased by blonde girls all the time," He said joking around.

{Nyeh D: sorry for late post ^^;;}
Back to top Go down
Speakeasy
Farmer
Farmer
Speakeasy

PostSubject: Re: Everything Goes Wrong [Open]   Everything Goes Wrong [Open] EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 1:19 am

”…oh, you have it so bad dude.” Ray snickered as he quickly finished the rest of his drink, leaving only the cubed ice behind. Not like he was jealous or anything, to be honest, he wasn’t interested in anything at the moment. It all sounded like too much drama and responsibility, plus the girls here were all so young. So far, he hadn’t seen a single girl in their twenties that was older than he was. It felt weird being older than most of his generation here.

”…well, anyways. I think I’m done here for now. Seeing that we live in the same town, we’ll probably bump into each other. Nice talking to ya.” Ray did give Doug a 5G tip for the water, even though it was free. Still, it felt weird to just ask for something and not give anything back in return. So in order to keep the stream of good karma flowing, he had to do at least one good deed. Hopping off of the barstool, he waved at Michael before heading up for the night. Well, it was still early, but time sure liked to pass when you were talking to someone.
Back to top Go down
35bell
35bell

PostSubject: Re: Everything Goes Wrong [Open]   Everything Goes Wrong [Open] EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 4:19 pm

"Especially with other people around," He added. Good thing that didn't happen or at least yet. He would find a way to avoid it or teach a lesson. It just felt weird having teenage girls following him when he was in his early twenties. Ah well. "Yea, it was nice talking to ya too," He grinned. He just decided to hang out here for a little while and enjoy his time here. Maybe in like an hour or two he would leave and leave a tip for some drinks.

[poor rp post~]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Everything Goes Wrong [Open]   Everything Goes Wrong [Open] Empty

Back to top Go down

Everything Goes Wrong [Open]
Page 1 of 1