Harvest Dreams
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeForum and Role Play RulesPortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Big Forum Change and 2nd Character

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Rosette
Admin
Admin
Rosette

Female Number of posts : 1904
Roleplay Name : Venus
Awards : Big Forum Change and 2nd Character Hdbadge

Big Forum Change and 2nd Character Empty
PostSubject: Big Forum Change and 2nd Character   Big Forum Change and 2nd Character EmptyTue May 12, 2009 6:19 pm

Please refer to this link and scroll down to "2nd character Eligibility" for how to get a 2nd character. http://harvestdreams.roleplaylife.net/important-announcements-f1/important-rp-updates-and-forum-updates-t1158.htm

Also I have an important suggestion that can impact the forum for the future. Please check it out in this link. I need people to look at it.
http://harvestdreams.roleplaylife.net/suggestions-f13/improved-quality-rp-t1228.htm#24477
If you vote yes, I'll delay the 2nd character another week or so but don't vote until you read everything please!

2nd Character Introduction:

I noticed some of the quality of posts went up but some posts from members remain the same. There are only a few people who can have a second one. And it's very few right now.

The reason I didn't take 2nd character applications yet is because I want to make sure people improve their quality of posts in the rp section for this week. The minimum is four sentences, no less.

A big factor to get a second character is not on how many posts you have, it's how much quality your posts are. So to get one, making sure your role play posts are in good quality.

Right now we are trying to help you get into the right roleplay spirit, which is why we are doing reminders as more thing are introduced. Though reminders are only for a short time. PM me or the mods if you are confused. Also we are willing to help you improve your quality of posts and more, especially this week! We want everyone to be able to get a 2nd character. We don't want to reject applications because of the reasons below but we will have to. *heartbreak

Main Reasons why can't you have a second character FAQ
1.)Bad Quality Posts
2.)Frequent Disrespect in RP
3.)Other reasons we may pm you about

Reason 1: Bad Quality Posts.
Here are some bad quality posts I keep seeing.

1.)Random spelling errors that are easy to avoid. Try to use as proper grammar as you can. I'm sure everyone knows how to use a period.
Example to Avoid: I left the dog on the houes and went to the stoer to ge t food.

2.)1 to 3 sentences long (unless very necessary which is almost never) and sometime sentences are incomplete.

3.)Not thinking about the story and writing random things meaning, your post is not related to any part to the story.

Reason 2: Frequent Disrespect in RP

1.)God- Modding: I don't think people really understand what this is but I'll try to add it in to prevent any annoying things. Basically it's when a person can control an event with ease, like snapping your fingers to save a person from danger. It's too easy, it's "annoying".

2.)Ruining and not Respecting the story

Example: Eternal Silence and Aiyo are trying to figure out how to climb a cliff to get to the top because they are trapped. It's a serious event for 2 pages. You suddenly appear with your magic power, and blow them off the cliff, or lift them up with a bubble just with the wave of your finger. Then you disappear. It's related to God-Modding.

How is this bad?: Even if their topic is not "Reserved", they are trying to rp and if you just suddenly change the mood and make yourself the star suddenly. Also it ruins the story line, you can see the exciting story fade just with one random and rude post. It's annoying. I advise people to "ignore" it if it happens and ask a mod to delete the post so you can continue your rp.

3.)Sometimes messing with a character. Changing the storyline against the character's will and forcing them to respond. If there's a post you don't like, don't respond and pm them about it to discuss. Most likely it can be fixed. We have a OOC board for you to discuss story lines.

Reason 3: Other reasons we may pm you about

We may not allow characters but the reasons are not written above. We will explain it to you if we feel that way.
Back to top Go down
http://http:harvestdreams.net
Susu-Chan
Fledging Farmer
Fledging Farmer
Susu-Chan

Female Number of posts : 152

PostSubject: Re: Big Forum Change and 2nd Character   Big Forum Change and 2nd Character EmptySat May 16, 2009 5:14 pm

Thanks for these updates~!
But what is '2nd character'?
Back to top Go down
Kritten
Admin
Admin
Kritten

Female Number of posts : 8780
Roleplay Name : Kitty Kitz
Awards : Big Forum Change and 2nd Character Badge

PostSubject: Re: Big Forum Change and 2nd Character   Big Forum Change and 2nd Character EmptySat May 16, 2009 5:25 pm

A second character is another character you can have. You must eligable to have one as the information above states.

Let's say I want Kitty to have a daughter. I can then make another RP character to use for that purpose, thus I would have two characters: Kitty and Kitty's daughter. Both would be different in their own special ways.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Big Forum Change and 2nd Character   Big Forum Change and 2nd Character Empty

Back to top Go down

Big Forum Change and 2nd Character
Page 1 of 1