Harvest Dreams
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeForum and Role Play RulesPortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Shadow Walker

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ballad Of The Fool
Admin
Admin
Ballad Of The Fool

Female Number of posts : 1691
Roleplay Name : Savannah Stark
Awards : Shadow Walker Balladdecmotm

Shadow Walker Empty
PostSubject: Shadow Walker   Shadow Walker EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 6:01 am

Silent cries come from the city gates. I dare not leave my place.

My mind is wandering from this dreaded place. In the shadows of a greater hero, I remain. Sadly, I will never shine more than my brother has.

How could a place so wondrous as this place become such a destitutional wasteland?

I used to ask myself the same question… Every day, I would wonder as my feet would tread against the pavement on the sidewalk. The sky isn’t as blue anymore. But of course, I did as I normally would and just shoved my fists into my pockets of my rather large jacket and just continued along this path. You can only ask yourself the same question so much, but I was used to hearing it.

Aside from my height, I’ve always been looked down upon. I would always be the sidekick to my brother’s adventures, watch him get the girl in the end with only, maybe, a ‘good job’ for me. Things around here are only for one player, nowadays at least. And me? Well, I’ll always be ‘Player Two,’ in this case.

Somehow, I managed to lead myself to the outskirts of the city; for once, the sunset on the horizon appeared a little less… Vengeful. The sun, and it’s brother, the moon. Why did it look less vengeful? Well, I suppose it was just because it almost reminded me of myself. You can’t look at it without hurting your eyes, but you can stare at it’s brother for long hours. I can recall that I quietly brushed my mustache with the tips of my fingers while I still stood there in thought. I began walking again, but I don’t exactly know which way I went or how long that I traveled; only that the sun was sinking beneath the ground.

I’m tired. I’m tired of living in this constant shadow. Being this… Player two, numero dos. I’ve helped out, I deserve a little credit. It’s not just all fun and games. I’ve had my fair share of hits from that colossal dinosaur! It’s time to man up and move on out of this pit of self pity. I swore under my breath, “And it’s time to grow a pair and get the girl in the end!” I accidentally exclaimed.

“Luigi?” I heard a new, but yet familiar voice, speak softly from behind me and I carefully turned around; Daisy. “What are you doing outside? It’s late.”

“I-uh.”

“Come inside, before you catch a chill.”

I was a little hesitant but nodded firmly. “Thank you.” It’s time to grow out of his shadow and step into my own light.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1145250/
clairexcliff
Hero
Hero
clairexcliff

Male Number of posts : 4687
Roleplay Name : Amando
2nd char:Roan

Awards : Shadow Walker Cliffnov

Shadow Walker Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadow Walker   Shadow Walker EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 8:45 am