Harvest Dreams
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeForum and Role Play RulesPortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

High School! EEK

Go down 
+2
Eternal Silence
stephxluke
6 posters
AuthorMessage
stephxluke
Farmer
Farmer
stephxluke

Female Number of posts : 804
Roleplay Name : Alex Addison Camp
Awards : High School! EEK Stephxlukenov

High School! EEK Empty
PostSubject: High School! EEK   High School! EEK EmptyTue Jan 26, 2010 11:21 pm

I'm going to high school. Scary thought... I remembered two years ago when I told myself that my graduation was about as far away as Pluto (maybe not as lame as that, but you know what I mean) and here it is. About 4 months away. I went to the open house for my new high school and was very intimdated. But the part that worries me the most is trying to find friends. The high school goes from Preschool to 12th grade (high school seperate from all the little kids) and they probably all know eachother.

Soooo, advice would be lovely!

1.) What's an easy way to make friends?
2.) High school advice in general. Anything helps!

Thanks so much!
Back to top Go down
Eternal Silence
Admin
Admin
Eternal Silence

Female Number of posts : 6205
Roleplay Name : Arden Auiban
Awards : High School! EEK Esaward

High School! EEK Empty
PostSubject: Re: High School! EEK   High School! EEK EmptyTue Jan 26, 2010 11:56 pm

Are you in eighth grade right now, and worried about high school in August?

Anywho. It's not all that bad. I don't go to a private high school, but I'm a minority representative from my middle school. There's only about five kids from my old school there with me; just about everyone else was from a different MYP school. Most of the time, people are nice. I don't know about the kids in your high school, though - I go to a nerd school, and the majority of nerds are the sweetest kids on the planet. 8D

Basically, just remember the essential school stuff - locker combos, classroom numbers, which staircase is less crowded at any given time (T_T). Being prepared really does help. The last thing you need is to look like a clueless freshman, even though you're going to get a lot of grief about that no matter what. Especially from the sophomores. >.<

I know it sounds cliched and trite, but seriously, the best way to make friends is to be yourself. Don't try to be someone you're not; you just end up looking really fake, and people can usually see right through it. Find a group of people that you actually LIKE hanging out with, and stick with them. High school's tough.
Back to top Go down
http://undertheorangetree.deviantart.com/
Kritten
Admin
Admin
Kritten

Female Number of posts : 8780
Roleplay Name : Kitty Kitz
Awards : High School! EEK Badge

High School! EEK Empty
PostSubject: Re: High School! EEK   High School! EEK EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 1:10 am

Don't act like a cocky annoying freshie and you'll be fine. Everyone at my school (including me) hates a bothersome freshman. We don't mind if you ask for help, just don't act like you own the place and think the world revolves around you. You'll do great then.

My advice for making friends: join clubs you like. ^^
Back to top Go down
stephxluke
Farmer
Farmer
stephxluke

High School! EEK Empty
PostSubject: Re: High School! EEK   High School! EEK EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 1:50 am

Thanks you two! I know its really early to start worrying about it, but we have to start applying and getting interviewed and preparing gradutation stuff... I was just being my paranoid self abotu everything. Haha! Alright, I'll remember. BE MYSELF BY MYSELF BE MYSELF
Back to top Go down
KWC
KWC

Male Number of posts : 13
Roleplay Name : The Riddler

High School! EEK Empty
PostSubject: Re: High School! EEK   High School! EEK EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 2:35 am

stephxluke wrote:

Soooo, advice would be lovely!

1.) What's an easy way to make friends?

Thanks so much!

1 - Be yourself, and try not to think you are there to make friends.

Here's an experience.

=> Ages ago I started High School. I'm a yugioh addict basically and I always walk with a deck of cards. In the launch room I just take out my deck on my first day in the caf, and I met this friend, which we go on rivals till junior year. He came to me.

=> Odd I'm never talkative and I'm as emo and my looks back in the day used to be like Yagami Light in general. But girls just love seeing me in class, mostly not to give them hug, kisses, or cheats, but to be around one of them that shares their sense of humors. I mean I barely know they were my friends until events comes, and I'm getting affections like a guy on dates. Valentine, Senior trips, and even their graduations they wrote me letters and some hugged me goodbies that they will miss me.

=> Never try to cut classes, cheat on your homeworks, or give teachers trouble. All of them will reflect on a teacher, and the worst you want is having a teacher on your behind scolding at you. You ever heard of that if you break a mirror you will have 10 000 years of bad luck? Well if one teacher don't like you, honestly if you never had any other teacher that liked you before, you are a forever worst student.

stephxluke wrote:

2.) High school advice in general. Anything helps!

Thanks so much!

=> Kids are tough. I'm never actually bullied nor fight my battles because I earn all of their trust being black and white on any occasions.

2. If you think you will go there and just want to pass your grade and making some friends you are actually wrong. Before the end of the year, you will change.

Strict Personality => Things eating you up from the inside and leaving with an expectation of your parents which you cannot achieved. It's hard to change back to a relax personality because once you are 18, or 17 your maturity develops 15% of your character of your adulthood. You might change at the age of 30 if everyone in your keep on telling you to relax. Then you will balance "relax" and "determine" mood and you will already be a mature parent ready to be married at an age of 40 the least. You won't find happiness in character building but in competition.

Fun and too relaxing => That's people that don't care. Their parents works day/night shifts, and from Junior High they were classed in the mediocre average passing grades. Early Drop outs of at least 11 grades if you are a girl. Love friends; movie nights; High School Events (that does not include homeworks), and cut classes. These people would usually be in groups in school with lots of friends and sometimes picking up on newcomers or any other people that doesn't look too sure of themselves.

Dumb Nerds => People that are too soft. They get bullied all the times. And they are soo corny in the outside world leaving with everything they do is school ways. I mean, even eating they won't care as long as it's not bakon or they won't drink orange juice and later on drink milk after. Everything they do they had this nerd observations, and they just makes life horrible. They are usually those that studies 8 years of being doctors after graduation of College, and they are mostly science teachers or anything after 50 years of studies, and no mates.

Smart Nerds => We are the cool guys. I was one of them. We know all. But to the outside views we keep a normal aspect only to not be bothered with. 85% of homeworks, Highest grades would be 90% although we could try by putting all nighters, sometimes missed class at the most of 3 times a month. These people have a view of understanding any task given to them. They are usually married at 25 years of age the least, and they are usually the ones that have another friend that they met in High School and finish College together.

Drop Outs => Form gangs. Usually they are trouble as soon as you met them. Some of them looks like zombies in class with no soul (sleeps in class, disturb students, disturb teachers, etc). I mean you would think they are mentally retarded or daydreaming, but they are just ready until they decide to "drop out" because their friends got their back (usually will rob stores for leaving or robbed people) or think by being a hobbo they tried better than being in school, and see school years as a long boring thing in their life that will get them nowhere. These people are usually DJs or sometimes Rappers. If they do get a life they will likely have kids at an early of 17 with lots of Child Supports from different mothers until they ignored them. Also 87% of them are killed before 40 years of age because they always get into crime trouble. If not dead they they will be rotten in prizon at an early age.
Back to top Go down
http://www.konamiworldchampionship.com/
stephxluke
Farmer
Farmer
stephxluke

High School! EEK Empty
PostSubject: Re: High School! EEK   High School! EEK EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 3:02 am

Interesting advice that I will keep in mind! I know my grades aren't the best but they aren't a fail either. all A's and B's! And as long as I pay attention in math and science I should be good to go!

So, BE MYSELF, STUDY HARD, DON'T SLACK, and HAVE FUN. I added that last one- haha, whats the use of spending four years in a miserable enviroment? Thanks guys!
Back to top Go down
clairexcliff
Hero
Hero
clairexcliff

Male Number of posts : 4687
Roleplay Name : Amando
2nd char:Roan

Awards : High School! EEK Cliffnov

High School! EEK Empty
PostSubject: Re: High School! EEK   High School! EEK EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 8:26 am

don't be so scared..i felt that too when i first entered high school..but it went swimmingly fine
Back to top Go down
artygamer
Farmer
Farmer
artygamer

Female Number of posts : 585
Roleplay Name : Soph
2nd rp name:Leon

High School! EEK Empty
PostSubject: Re: High School! EEK   High School! EEK EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 5:34 pm

The education system is different in America to the Uk. I knew that. Just not that much...
Yeah, I agree with being yourself and doing stuff you like. If you don't, you become one of them. It isn't pretty. Oh and remember to try and have fun. Sounds weird, but school just seems harder when you focus on the bad points.
Back to top Go down
clairexcliff
Hero
Hero
clairexcliff

Male Number of posts : 4687
Roleplay Name : Amando
2nd char:Roan

Awards : High School! EEK Cliffnov

High School! EEK Empty
PostSubject: Re: High School! EEK   High School! EEK EmptyFri Jan 29, 2010 8:44 am

artygamer wrote:
The education system is different in America to the Uk. I knew that. Just not that much...
Yeah, I agree with being yourself and doing stuff you like. If you don't, you become one of them. It isn't pretty. Oh and remember to try and have fun. Sounds weird, but school just seems harder when you focus on the bad points.

yup..me when i first entered high school i was panicking like crazy..but it go swmmingly fine..just go with flow..but with good flow.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

High School! EEK Empty
PostSubject: Re: High School! EEK   High School! EEK Empty

Back to top Go down

High School! EEK
Page 1 of 1