Harvest Dreams
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeForum and Role Play RulesPortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Love is a river

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
afsangel
Special Member
Special Member
afsangel

Female Number of posts : 6693
Roleplay Name : Kazumi Martin

Awards : Love is a river Afsangelaward-4

Love is a river Empty
PostSubject: Love is a river   Love is a river EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 6:35 pm

"Some say Love, it is a river
That flows through us all.
And some say love, it is an ocean
That floats towards a better day.

Some say hope, it is a burden
that's guaranteed to let you down.
But i say hope, it is a gift that
follows you, wherever you go."

Kazu stood on the beach shore, practicing her song she had been writing. She let out a deep sigh. "Such a sad song." she mumbled pushing her bangs out of her face. "But it reminds me so much of you, dad." Kazumi sat down and strummed a few notes on her acoustic guitar. She had been taking lessons from a local. She figured if she wanted to write music, she'd have to learn to play some sort of instrument.

Kazumi stuck her pencil in between her teeth and scratched her head looking down at her lyrics. "Lesse now, what can i possibly write next...? I need some sort of chorus." "Ah, Chase, if only you were here. You could probably help me." 'But, I can't really blame 'im. I have been absent for a while." "I wonder how Mia's doing...?" Kazu let out another deep sigh. She started to play the melody of the song on her guitar. "Come to think of it, i haven't seen anyone in a while...." "I wonder how they're all doing...."
Back to top Go down
Kritten
Admin
Admin
Kritten

Female Number of posts : 8780
Roleplay Name : Kitty Kitz
Awards : Love is a river Badge

Love is a river Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love is a river   Love is a river EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 6:51 pm

Kitty was enjoying a nice walk along the beach, when she heard a sound. She froze in her tracks and listened to the lovely lyrics. She played with a toothpick she had in her mouth, a habit she recently picked up, it was a sign that she was thinking now. It had been awhile since she last seen Kazu, for the longest time she had heard nothing of the girl. Neitherless, Kitty aproached her old friend. Kazu looked down, something had gotten to her. "Hey," Kitty said. "Whatca doing looking so gloomy? It's a nice day, so put on a smile."
Back to top Go down
afsangel
Special Member
Special Member
afsangel

Love is a river Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love is a river   Love is a river EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 7:00 pm

Kazu quickly turned her head when she heard someone address her. "Yo!" she said smiling and lifting up one hand. 'Actually, I'm just trying to think of a chorus to the song I'm writing." "That, and I'm a tad bit worried." "I've been traveling around a whole lot lately, never staying in one place for too long." "So, i haven;t really talked to anyone in a while." When Kazu started to speak, the pencil had fallen out of her mouth. She gingerly picked it up and stuck it behind her left ear. "Oh geeze, I'm sorry." Kazumi motioned to the place next to her. "Please, sit down if you like." "How are your memories? It seems like so long ago...." Kazu cut herself off. "Anyway, how are you doing?"
Back to top Go down
Kritten
Admin
Admin
Kritten

Love is a river Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love is a river   Love is a river EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 7:13 pm

Kitty listened to Kazu explain her situation; Kitty had no song writing experience, but she could attempt to help her friend. If she asked. Kitty didn't want to pry into her friends matters, she'd let them come to her instead. It had been a long time since Kazu embarked on her travels, but Kitty was happy that she was back. It may have been selfish of her to wish her friend's trip would have ended earlier though, but Kitty did get tired of waiting. Kazu mentioned for her to sit down by her and ofcoarse Kitty did. "Not much happened while you were away," Kitty said honestly. "I'm doing fine, what about yourself?"
Back to top Go down
afsangel
Special Member
Special Member
afsangel

Love is a river Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love is a river   Love is a river EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 7:20 pm

"I'm doing great!" Kazu grinning widely. "Actually, I think it helped me mature a little..." There was a silence before Kazu turned and gave Kitty a mischievous grin. "But only a little." "Haha, anyway, do you have any ideas on what the chorus should be?" Kazu fell back words and placed her hands behind her head, letting the warm sand take away the chill the wind had left on her body. Then silently, and more to herself, she added; "I wonder if Chase and Mia are alright,..i left so suddenly...no no, they're adults. They wouldn't worry about me. They have their own problems to think about. Plus, they're married now. They don't have time to wonder what I'm up to..." A gentle smile crossed Kazu's wistful face. This idea settled better with her.
Back to top Go down
Kritten
Admin
Admin
Kritten

Love is a river Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love is a river   Love is a river EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 7:33 pm

Kitty was about to say okay and get to working on a chorus with Kazu when Kazu brought up Chase and Mia. Something didn't seem right with the way she talked about them. She probably missed them since they married or something. It was true in a sense, when Chase and Mia tied the knot they did seem to dissapear out of Kitty's sight, but that was expected since they lived in different places. Kazu on the other hand lives where she'd see them a lot.

"They're your friends, right?" Kitty asked her. "Listen Kazu," Kitty said, "You guys became really close friends,. Without a doubt you come across their minds. Afterall, aren't you closer friends with them than me?" Kitty smiled gently at her friend. Yeah, she hated to admit things like that but she needed to for Kazu's sake. "I thought about you a lot, so it wouldn't make sense if they didn't think of you." Kitty lightly smack Kazu on the back of the head. "That's your punishment for thinking like a fool. Now let's work on your chorus."
Back to top Go down
afsangel
Special Member
Special Member
afsangel

Love is a river Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love is a river   Love is a river EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 7:40 pm

"Ouch!" Kazu said sitting up and holding the back of her head. A playful smile danced its way across her face. "Ya ya, I know what you mean." "I suppose I can't help but think that way sometimes, but not a day went by when I didn't think of them." Kazumi lifted her guitar back into her lap and strummed her melody again. "Well then, sorry to trouble you like that. Let's get to business." 'Oh, by the way kitty, we used to be the best of friends, you and I." "And it's true that times change, but if one thing won't change, it's the fact you'll always be one of my best friends." 'Anywho, shall we get started?" "I'll start from the beginning of the song if you like."
Back to top Go down
Kritten
Admin
Admin
Kritten

Love is a river Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love is a river   Love is a river EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 7:53 pm

"Okay," Kitty said cheerfully. She was stupid and assumed something, she thought she really needed to start growing up soon. She was in her early twenties afterall. She should know better than to think her friendship with someone was fading. Kazu and her were like sisters in a way. "Why don't you tell me the goal of your song first?" Kitty suggested. "Ya know, what message to you want it to send to the people that hear it. The story behind the lyrics and stuff like that."
Back to top Go down
afsangel
Special Member
Special Member
afsangel

Love is a river Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love is a river   Love is a river EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 8:00 pm

Kazu looked up at the sky thoughtfully. "I guess in a way, the song is about my father." "There are many people out there who are born into poverty or abuse. Who grow up not knowing what love is." "However, i was lucky enough to be born with a father who loved me, even after mother died." 'he taught me so many values." "So many different things on life." "One of them was, no matter what, you always have a choice." "For instance: You can grow up abused, and then abuse your own children." "Or you can be brought up in a family of smokers, and choose to smoke yourself." "However, you can choose not to abuse your children and not to smoke." "It may not always be easy, but in the end, it's always your choice.' "So...I guess the song is about choices, about life and love."

Kazumi closed her eyes and started to sing the song again.

"Some say Love, it is a river
That flows through us all.
And some say love, it is an ocean
That floats towards a better day.

Some say hope, it is a burden
that's guaranteed to let you down.
But i say hope, it is a gift that
follows you, wherever you go."
Back to top Go down
Kritten
Admin
Admin
Kritten

Love is a river Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love is a river   Love is a river EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 8:15 pm

Kitty rubbed her chin as she thought for a second. It was so like Kazumi to write a song with such an inspirational theme. The lyrics were smooth so far, obviously written in free-verse. "Huh," Kitty said thinking out loud. She now rolled the toothpick from one side of her mouth to the other as ideas came to her mind. "What about something like this: 'It's up to you to choose your path/ It's up to you to find a way/ But one thing is certain/ It's important to never lose love'? Thinking of lyrics is harder than I thought."
Back to top Go down
afsangel
Special Member
Special Member
afsangel

Love is a river Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love is a river   Love is a river EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 8:30 pm

Kazu looked dumbfounded. "It is?" she asked. "I always thought it was rather easy." "Sure, I'd get stuck some times but..." Kazu shook her head. "Never mind." "Anyway, I like it." "But I'd like to try and put it in a not so stand-outish way." Kazu stoked her chin. "Hmmm."
Back to top Go down
Kritten
Admin
Admin
Kritten

Love is a river Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love is a river   Love is a river EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 8:35 pm

"Well, you're a talented musician and I'm not," Kitty said. She did like a good poem or two though. Lately she had taken a liking of the works of Edgar Allan Poe. Kitty leaned back so she was laying now and looked up at the clouds. After a moment or two she began to talk again. "Any luck yet?" she aske Kazumi to see if she thought of anything yet.
Back to top Go down
afsangel
Special Member
Special Member
afsangel

Love is a river Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love is a river   Love is a river EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 8:39 pm

Kazu shook her head. "No, nothing." "But it will come to me when the time is right."
Kazumi started to play something else on her guitar.

Yo, ho, haul together,
hoist the colors high.
Heave ho,
thieves and beggars,
never shall we die.

The king and his men
stole the queen from her bed
and bound her in her Bones.
The seas be ours
and by the powers
where we will we'll roam.

Yo, ho, haul together,
hoist the colors high.
Heave ho, thieves and beggars,
never shall we die.

Some men have died
and some are alive
and others sail on the sea
– with the keys to the cage...
and the Devil to pay
we lay to Fiddler's Green!

The bell has been raised
from it's watery grave...
Do you hear it's sepulchral tone?
We are a call to all,
pay head the squall
and turn your sail toward home!

Yo, ho, haul together,
hoist the colors high.
Heave ho, thieves and beggars,
never shall we die.
Back to top Go down
Kritten
Admin
Admin
Kritten

Love is a river Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love is a river   Love is a river EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 8:48 pm

"Sounds like something that'd get sung on a pirate ship," Kitty stated. The melody reminded her of a book she once read, yet she couldn't think of the title. It didn't really matter though, but it did bug her. The song was different from what you'd expect to hear here of all places though. "Did you learn that song on your travels?"
Back to top Go down
afsangel
Special Member
Special Member
afsangel

Love is a river Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love is a river   Love is a river EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 7:05 pm

Kazumi nodded her head. "yup." She said. 'It's an old pirate song a local taught me one day." "Anyway, thank you for helping me." "it's good to talk again." Kazu closed her eyes and smiled. "We should get together and do this again some time~" 'Ah! maybe you can come and visit my farm."

Last edited by afsangel on Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:38 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Wess
Sprite
Sprite
Wess

Male Number of posts : 1605
Roleplay Name : Wess
2nd Character: Maris
Awards : Love is a river Nextmotm

Love is a river Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love is a river   Love is a river EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 12:07 am

Wess had been following a singing voice down towards the beach; it sounded beautiful. Walking downwards; he sees Kazumi and Kitty. Doing his best to startle them; he finds two crabs, and a conch shell. Sneaking up from behind; he gently throws the crabs towards Kitty and Kazumi's hair; before taking the conch and blowing into it; making a loud deep; rumbling noise. He then began talking in a godly voice. "FEAR ME! I AM THE OCEAN SPIRIT!"
Back to top Go down
afsangel
Special Member
Special Member
afsangel

Love is a river Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love is a river   Love is a river EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 1:12 am

Kazu screeched and jumped up into the air, knocking her guitar out of her lap. The crab fell off of her head and scuttled back towards the ocean. "W-Wess!" Kazu said in a shaking,meek voice. "You scared me." Kazu's face turned a deep crimson from embaressment. She thought she had felt something in her hair, just moments before she heard a loud booming voice.
Back to top Go down
Wess
Sprite
Sprite
Wess

Love is a river Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love is a river   Love is a river EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 12:03 am

Wess stands up, thoroughly laughing and enjoying himself. "I scared you, I scared you!" Wess laughs; jumping around like a little kid. "So what brings you to the ocean Kazumi?" he asks; managing to stop himself. Holding out the conch shell; he would give it to Kazumi; before bouncing back a few steps.
Back to top Go down
afsangel
Special Member
Special Member
afsangel

Love is a river Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love is a river   Love is a river EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 1:32 am

Kazu was still a deep red. "I was ummm writing a song." Kazu said. "But it's almost time to feed the animals, so I have to go soon." Kazu turned and smiled at Kitty. "We should do this again sometime. I really enjoyed your presence." Kazu turned back to Wess and smiled.
Back to top Go down
Wess
Sprite
Sprite
Wess

Love is a river Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love is a river   Love is a river EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 2:27 am

Smirking deep inside himself; Wess threw himself to the ground; aiming to clamp onto Kazumi's knees. "Noooooo~ Don't go~ Take me with you~" Wess teases her; continuing to cling. "What if the sharks get me? Then what Kazumi? HOW WOULD YOU FEEL KNOWING YOU KILLED ME?!" Wess whines; in a mocking manner; before feigning his death on the sandy beach.
Back to top Go down
afsangel
Special Member
Special Member
afsangel

Love is a river Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love is a river   Love is a river EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 6:43 pm

Kazu lost and balance and fell backwards. Her face was an even deeper red. "I have to go." she mumbled angely before grabbing her gutiar and storming off. Kazu felt embaressed and a bit upset. It seemed so.....childish. Yet she couldn't help but walk away.
Back to top Go down
Kritten
Admin
Admin
Kritten

Love is a river Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love is a river   Love is a river EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 5:12 pm

The pervious moment left Kitty bewildered. It didn't take her long to get to her senses though, Wess was teasing Kazumi. Unluckly for him Kitty began dosing off, which means she was half-asleep. One thing she always got revenge for was someone waking her up. "Wess, stop flirting with Kazu," Kitty said trying to see if he'd freeze or do something funny like get flustered.
Back to top Go down
Wess
Sprite
Sprite
Wess

Love is a river Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love is a river   Love is a river EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 10:20 pm

"Me? Flirting? Never," Wess says, circling Kitty like a hawk; before he would scoop down and pick her up; before running into the water and dropping her in it. "I nevvveeeerrrrr flirt," Wess says; plopping down in the wet sand.
Back to top Go down
Kritten
Admin
Admin
Kritten

Love is a river Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love is a river   Love is a river EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 9:14 pm

Sometimes Kitty wondered how Wess could be just a year younger than her. Now she was wet and annoyed. She got up and brushed the wet chunks of sand off her clothes. "Very funny," she replied to his actions as she picked up a clump of the wet sand. Quickly she ran up to him and shoved the mess down his shirt. She patted him on the head and smiled slyly, "You are such a flirt."
Back to top Go down
Wess
Sprite
Sprite
Wess

Love is a river Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love is a river   Love is a river EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 9:17 pm

Laughing slightly as he felt the cold, tingling sensation of wet sand cling to him; his hands lashed out for Kitty; as he would begin tickling her and position his leg behind her; aiming to send her sprawling back into the water.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Love is a river Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love is a river   Love is a river Empty

Back to top Go down

Love is a river
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next