Harvest Dreams
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeForum and Role Play RulesPortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hiring [Arden and Gabriel]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kritten
Admin
Admin
Kritten

Female Number of posts : 8780
Roleplay Name : Kitty Kitz
Awards : Hiring [Arden and Gabriel] Badge

Hiring [Arden and Gabriel] Empty
PostSubject: Hiring [Arden and Gabriel]   Hiring [Arden and Gabriel] EmptySun May 30, 2010 2:19 pm

As usual Gabriel was at his office playing solitaire. He scratched the top of his head and yawned after another victory in the game. Life was certainly laid back for him now since patients weren't constantly flowing in, like when he was an intern at a large city hospital. Lazily the man leaned back in his chair and took a look at his watch--only one in the afternoon. He sighed as he started yet another game of solitaire in his office, maybe it was time for him to start playing something else again. Online poker was an option, but he knew ever since he was twelve that it was a scam.
Back to top Go down
Eternal Silence
Admin
Admin
Eternal Silence

Female Number of posts : 6205
Roleplay Name : Arden Auiban
Awards : Hiring [Arden and Gabriel] Esaward

PostSubject: Re: Hiring [Arden and Gabriel]   Hiring [Arden and Gabriel] EmptySun May 30, 2010 2:34 pm

Arden was visibly nervous. "Knock it off," she said to herself, standing outside of the building. In her hand, she held a single file folder with her resume and references. She took a deep breath. "I can do this."

With a sudden burst of confidence, she pushed through the doors and found her way to the manager's office. She peeked in through the window on the door. A man, probably not too much older than Arden herself, was sitting at his computer, with a concentrated, if somewhat bored, look on his face. She knocked on the door and opened it slightly. "Is this the office of Gabriel Cunningham?" she asked.
Back to top Go down
http://undertheorangetree.deviantart.com/
Kritten
Admin
Admin
Kritten

PostSubject: Re: Hiring [Arden and Gabriel]   Hiring [Arden and Gabriel] EmptySun May 30, 2010 2:45 pm

Normally Gabriel would hear the light chim of the front doors opening, but apparently not today. Someone lightly knocked on his office door loud enough for him to hear and he heard the familar sound of his door opening. There stood a blonde asking if he was Gabriel Cunningham. "Yes," he said perking up a brow. His arms were now crossed as he turned around to face the girl in his swivel chair. "What do you need?"

She was caring a folder of information by the looks of it. It looked neat and well organized and the girl seemed pretty nervous at the moment, although she did a good job covering it up. His first guess was that she was applying for a job. The next was that she was delivering a lawsuit, but he hadn't got a diagnose wrong so far, so it was not likely as of the moment.
Back to top Go down
Eternal Silence
Admin
Admin
Eternal Silence

PostSubject: Re: Hiring [Arden and Gabriel]   Hiring [Arden and Gabriel] EmptySun May 30, 2010 2:54 pm

"A job," Arden answered bluntly. Her nerves swelled, and then dropped just as suddenly. It was now or never. "My resume, and my references," she said, approaching the desk and dropping the file folder. "My name is Arden," she said. "I'm 20. I've gone to med school and graduated top of my class. I'm a pediatrician, specifically. But I can be whatever you need me to be." She took a seat in front of the desk and sat down, folding her hands in her lap and looking expectantly at the doctor.

"I realize this is an unexpected and unscheduled interview," she said. "And I apologize. However, I don't have a phone in my house to place calls, so I figured it would be just as well to stop by in the morning, when I assumed you wouldn't have many, if any, patients." She paused and waited.
Back to top Go down
Kritten
Admin
Admin
Kritten

PostSubject: Re: Hiring [Arden and Gabriel]   Hiring [Arden and Gabriel] EmptySun May 30, 2010 3:06 pm

Gabriel felt somewhat relieved that she was asking for a job and not his money. The girl was clearly all prepared for this techinically interview and straightly said all her information. For a doctor she was quite young too, she must had graduated around the same time he did. Top of the class too, which was impressive. He carefully scanned over her files as she spoke and nodded. Clearly she did seem good for the job and children patients always bothered him. Children made the worst patients, well except for a stubborn old man occasionally.

"Right, I do have the time now Arden Auiban," he mummbled looking over the files for a second time. He then set them down and rubbed the edge of his chin, it's small hairs scratching them slightly. The girl seemed like a good doctor from the documents and the idea of hiring her seemed great, but it would be wierd without an occasional question. "Why do you want to work here of all places though?" he asked the girl.
Back to top Go down
Eternal Silence
Admin
Admin
Eternal Silence

PostSubject: Re: Hiring [Arden and Gabriel]   Hiring [Arden and Gabriel] EmptySun May 30, 2010 3:11 pm

The doctor nodded, and Arden felt herself relax. She smiled and shrugged. "Location, mostly," she said. "I'm thinking of moving from Waffle Island to Mineral Town. Of course, my current location in Waffle Town isn't a problem at all. It doesn't take me long to commute from there to here. Maybe 20 minutes, tops, by boat." She added, "And...I don't know. I kind of like it here. I've heard good things about this place, and around here, the best recommendations you can get are by word of mouth." She added, for first impressions' sake, "I'm also familiar with newer and older medicinal technology alike. I can work X-Ray machines and blood pressure gauges without a problem."
Back to top Go down
Kritten
Admin
Admin
Kritten

PostSubject: Re: Hiring [Arden and Gabriel]   Hiring [Arden and Gabriel] EmptySun May 30, 2010 3:24 pm

There was an automatic reaction from the girl when he spoke, she seemed a bit more calm. She did pick a good awnser for the question as well, sort of plain in a sense though. All that mattered though was that she awnsered it good enough to make it sound interesting, plus she included some information. He nodded again, "Good. It wouldn't make sense for a doctor not to know how to use a sphygmomanometer or X-ray. Now, why specifically should I hire you of all people?"

This was a question that most people troubled with. He remembered his awnser for when he applied for his internship clearly. It went along the lines, 'My mind is a tool that I've sharpened and it's become my greatest scapel and the best stethoscope. Here is the place where I've determinded that it'd be put to excellent use.'
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hiring [Arden and Gabriel]   Hiring [Arden and Gabriel] Empty

Back to top Go down

Hiring [Arden and Gabriel]
Page 1 of 1