Harvest Dreams
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeForum and Role Play RulesPortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The brunette with hazel eyes [Blk Heart- Cody and Kazumi]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kritten
Admin
Admin
Kritten

Female Number of posts : 8780
Roleplay Name : Kitty Kitz
Awards : The brunette with hazel eyes [Blk Heart- Cody and Kazumi] Badge

The brunette with hazel eyes [Blk Heart- Cody and Kazumi] Empty
PostSubject: The brunette with hazel eyes [Blk Heart- Cody and Kazumi]   The brunette with hazel eyes [Blk Heart- Cody and Kazumi] EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 12:17 am

Sometimes Cody would just wander, it really became a hobby of his. Today was different than normal though--strapped to his back was his best friend, an acoustic guitar that was given to him by his parents for graduating. He loved his guitar and he felt guilty that he hadn't thought to bring it along with him anywhere. As he wandered he stumbled across a pretty comfy looking bench, so swinging his guitar out he sat and started playing. Nobody really didn't seem to mind, the occasional person would walk by neither scolding him are appreciating his music. This was alright in his book, but he missed how he'd play with a friend.

Playing for somebody was better than playing for nobody.
Back to top Go down
afsangel
Special Member
Special Member
afsangel

Female Number of posts : 6693
Roleplay Name : Kazumi Martin

Awards : The brunette with hazel eyes [Blk Heart- Cody and Kazumi] Afsangelaward-4

PostSubject: Re: The brunette with hazel eyes [Blk Heart- Cody and Kazumi]   The brunette with hazel eyes [Blk Heart- Cody and Kazumi] EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 12:57 am

Glittering hazel eyes and medium brown hair that was tied back into a bouncy little ponytail along with a yellow tank top, khaki shorts, ad a guitar strapped to her back. This was how you would describe Kazumi on this particular day. She was what most people described as a cheerful girl with a cute smile and glittering hazel eyes lined with thick black lashes. Usually, Kauzmi would just wander around and chat with the locals until it got late. However, today Kazumi had somewhere particular she wanted to be--her favorite spot to play guitar in the town square. Couples would often stop and listen and children sometimes liked to dance. Lately, some important decisions had been going through her mind, and the only way to think things through was to play her guitar and sing.

Kazumi plopped down on a bench near the river and took out her guitar. She strummed a few bars, then hummed. Then she did it again. After a third time of doing this, she finally started to play a tune. Then after eight measures, she opened her mouth and began to sing.
Back to top Go down
Kritten
Admin
Admin
Kritten

PostSubject: Re: The brunette with hazel eyes [Blk Heart- Cody and Kazumi]   The brunette with hazel eyes [Blk Heart- Cody and Kazumi] EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 7:40 pm

The sound of a conflicting song made Cody stop playing his own guitar. Getting up from his bench, he ventured for the source of the sound to discover a brunette playing by the river. With her hair tied back, she strummed and sang with her music. Unlike him she could sing wonderfully. Cody had a decent voice, but compared to her voice he sucked. It wasn't often he was in awe with someone else's music skills like this. So he found himself coming closer to the girl.

Not wanting to disturb her song he took a seat in the grass. Not too close to bother her, but close enough to hear the music. His eyes closed and he listened to her while relaxing. Part of him was tempted to pull out his own guitar, but he wanted her to continue to play. If he started she might stop and get mad at him, which was the last thing he wanted right now. He really wanted to play along though. At least she didn't stop when he came to listen, maybe she was used to people stopping to listen. That would explain everything to Cody as he sat there in his jeans and a plain navy blue shirt.
Back to top Go down
afsangel
Special Member
Special Member
afsangel

Awards : The brunette with hazel eyes [Blk Heart- Cody and Kazumi] Afsangelaward-4

PostSubject: Re: The brunette with hazel eyes [Blk Heart- Cody and Kazumi]   The brunette with hazel eyes [Blk Heart- Cody and Kazumi] EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 8:14 pm

Kazu had her eyes closed, only concentrating on her music. She listened to the notes and to the pitches and to the flowing river. She was so absorbed in her music, that when Kazumi opened her eyes she was surprised to see someone sitting there. He was a beautiful-looking young man with curly brown hair and dazzling green eyes. He too had a guitar strapped to his back. It had been a while since she had met someone who knew how to ply guitar! Kazumi smiled at him brightly, her eyes sparkling with delight. "Hello." she said gently. "I'm sorry I didn't notice you there before, I'm Kazumi. Mind I ask whom you are?"
Back to top Go down
Kritten
Admin
Admin
Kritten

PostSubject: Re: The brunette with hazel eyes [Blk Heart- Cody and Kazumi]   The brunette with hazel eyes [Blk Heart- Cody and Kazumi] EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 11:46 pm

The song was done, which caused Cody to open his eyes at the same time the girl did. Her eyes were a mysterious hazel and were full of life as she smiled at him. Her voice was gentle and sweet as she said hello and greeted him, just as she was singing. "I'm Cody," he said. "Uh, Cody Hanes. Nice to meet you."

"I couldn't help but want to listen when I heard you play," he explained the reason he was sitting on the grass near her. For him it was a rarity to hear someone else play the guitar, so he couldn't help but listen. "Sorry if I was bothering you or something," he apologized to the brunette for his actions. "Just couldn't help it."
Back to top Go down
afsangel
Special Member
Special Member
afsangel

PostSubject: Re: The brunette with hazel eyes [Blk Heart- Cody and Kazumi]   The brunette with hazel eyes [Blk Heart- Cody and Kazumi] EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 12:00 am

Kazumi giggled happily. "No no! I'm happy you stopped to listen to me! It makes me very happy to know you enjoy my music! Thank you very much!" Kazumi gave him another dazzling grin, this one wider then the last. "I notice you have a guitar too, Cody. It's been a while since I've met someone who played. Would you mind playing something for me? That is, if it's not too much trouble. I don't want to bother you or anything.." Kazumi couldn't help but feel a bit nervous around Cody. He was unlike anyone she had ever seen before. His voice was smooth, his skin fair and his hair the perfect shade of brown. But his eyes had to be the most wonderful thing about his looks. Yes, he was like a giant Ken doll.
Back to top Go down
Kritten
Admin
Admin
Kritten

PostSubject: Re: The brunette with hazel eyes [Blk Heart- Cody and Kazumi]   The brunette with hazel eyes [Blk Heart- Cody and Kazumi] EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 12:25 am

Kazumi didn't seem to mind that Cody had been listening in on her music, she was actually very happy about it. Just like he would have been. Already he had a hunch that they had a lot in common, but had their differences. He doubted that such a pretty girl would be enrolled in the army. But he could see them being good friends. "Sure," he said fumbling around with his guitar case to get out his acoustic guitar.

Holding it by the neck he quickly tuned it. "I'm not much of a singer," he explained as he started to play. His hands ran up and down the neck of the guitar and his fingers moved along as he strummed his beloved instrument. The song he played wasn't to common, but he loved how it sounded. It was called 'Airplanes' but by The Ready Set version. "So sorry that I can't sing for you too."
Back to top Go down
afsangel
Special Member
Special Member
afsangel

PostSubject: Re: The brunette with hazel eyes [Blk Heart- Cody and Kazumi]   The brunette with hazel eyes [Blk Heart- Cody and Kazumi] EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 12:31 am

Kazu's smile grew even wider when he agreed to play for her. She gently set her guitar face down on her lap and closed her eyes to listen. Cody began to play his guitar, and it was beautiful. The notes danced out of the hollow instrument smoothly and sweetly. Cody apologized for not being able to sing to her, something he sounded very guilty about. "That's alright." Kazumi said. "There are times when vocals aren't needed and the music itself needs to be enjoyed." She opened her eyes and looked at him. "You play very beautifully, I'm happy to be listening to you."
Back to top Go down
Kritten
Admin
Admin
Kritten

PostSubject: Re: The brunette with hazel eyes [Blk Heart- Cody and Kazumi]   The brunette with hazel eyes [Blk Heart- Cody and Kazumi] EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 12:45 am

Just like her voice, Kazumi was very gentle. She didn't mind that he wasn't much of a singer, but still smiled as he played his guitar. It was so nice of her to do so and made him feel, warm. She was almost like a motherly figure, encouraging him on for who he was. "Thank you," he said embarrassed to get that sort of appretiation. Most of the time it was 'Oh! You play great,' nobody ever described it as beautiful before. Before he knew it his song was over though. At two minute song never seemed to last him nowadays.

"Want to do a duet?" he asked thinking that it'd be fun. A wide smile spread across his face. "Name a song and we'll play it together."
Back to top Go down
afsangel
Special Member
Special Member
afsangel

PostSubject: Re: The brunette with hazel eyes [Blk Heart- Cody and Kazumi]   The brunette with hazel eyes [Blk Heart- Cody and Kazumi] EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 12:58 am

Kazumi jumped off the bench nearly causing her guitar to fall onto the ground. Luckily she caught it before it fell. "I'd love that!" she exclaimed loudly. "I'd love that very much!" She walked over and plopped herself right next to Cody. "As for songs, I'm afraid I don't know many, but if you start playing something I could probably follow along! If it's a song I know, I could sing along if you don't mind." Kazu was very excited. No one had ever asked her to play a duet before. Was she good enough? What if she messed up? Cody was probably a better guitar player than her; he wouldn't get mad at her, would he? No, probably not. He didn't seem like that kind of person, and he was far too nice.
Back to top Go down
Kritten
Admin
Admin
Kritten

PostSubject: Re: The brunette with hazel eyes [Blk Heart- Cody and Kazumi]   The brunette with hazel eyes [Blk Heart- Cody and Kazumi] EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 1:18 am

It made Cody ecstatic that Kazumi liked his idea, but he was slightly worried about her guitar that almost crashed into the ground. With the quick movement of her hand she caught it before the base could touch the hard ground, making him silently sigh with relief. Before Cody could get up to sit by her, Kazumi already took a seat by him on the grass. "Hmm... what about this song?" he said as he started to strum to the song 'The Bird and the Worm' by Owl City. To him the song was easy to follow to to, and the melody was easy to make up lyrics too. "I take it you're harmony then?" he asked as he played.
Back to top Go down
afsangel
Special Member
Special Member
afsangel

PostSubject: Re: The brunette with hazel eyes [Blk Heart- Cody and Kazumi]   The brunette with hazel eyes [Blk Heart- Cody and Kazumi] EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 1:22 am

"Ah! I know that song!" said said. "Right then, sounds good! On the count of three, ready? One...two.. three!" Kazu began to play her guitar and when the time for the melody came, she began to sing:

If you're the bird whenever we pretend it's summer
Then I'm the worm, I know the part, it's such a bummer
But fair is fair, if my segments get separated
I'll scream and you'll be there

Close your eyes, close my eyes
Slide the cotton off of your shoulder
And feel the shine, feel the shine
I'm hooked so toss me over and cast a line, oh I'll try
Oh, throw a party and greet my undersea friends
It depends, as they arrive, if they arrive

You and I left our troubles far behind, troubles far behind
But I still have just one more question on my mind
For all my pals who live in the oceans and the seas
With friends like these well, who needs enemies

If I'm your boy, let's take a short cut we remember
And we'll enjoy, picking apples in late September
Like we've done for years
Then we'll take a long walk through the corn field

And I'll kiss you between the ears

If you're my girl, swirl me around your room with feeling
And as we twirl, the glow in the dark stars on your ceiling
Will shine for us, as love sweeps over the room
'Cause we tend to make each other blush, you make me blush

You and I left our troubles far behind, troubles far behind
But I still have just one more question on my mind
For all my pals who live in the oceans and the seas
With fronds like these well, who needs anemones?

You're the bird and I'm the worm and it's plain to see
That we were meant to be

We were meant to be
We were meant to be

If you're the bird
If you're the bird
Then I'm the worm
We were meant to be
Back to top Go down
Kritten
Admin
Admin
Kritten

PostSubject: Re: The brunette with hazel eyes [Blk Heart- Cody and Kazumi]   The brunette with hazel eyes [Blk Heart- Cody and Kazumi] EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 2:39 am

To Cody's surprise he actually picked a song that the girl knew--out of all the songs he could pick he got really lucky. Maybe Kazumi liked Owl City as much as he did, right now he loved the music and couldn't get it out of his head. At first he was worried that they'd not sync at the beginning, but to his dismay Kazumi seemed to match his pace and handled playing the harmony and singing the melody at the same time. Already he knew that she surpassed him in musical talent, for he couldn't think of two separate rhythms and play them at the same time.

As they finished the song Cody felt a little disappointed that it ended so soon. If only it could have lasted another minute or two. Neither less he was happy that they sounded so good together. "That was amazing," he chimed. "Can you sync music with anybody like that? I've never played with someone that in sync before--just whoa."
Back to top Go down
afsangel
Special Member
Special Member
afsangel

PostSubject: Re: The brunette with hazel eyes [Blk Heart- Cody and Kazumi]   The brunette with hazel eyes [Blk Heart- Cody and Kazumi] EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 11:37 pm

Kazumi blushed. "It's not---" She spoke in a louder tone than she had meant to, so she paused and continued more quietly. "It's not that great, really. I just tend to play a lot. To be honest, the last person I played with I haven't seen for a while, and even then I wasn't as good as him." Kazu blushed a little harder. She had never met someone so in awe of her and it was making her kind of uncomfortable. She gathered her wits the best she could and tried to change the subject. "You're really good yourself." Kazu said. A small smile appeared on her face. "I'd be a shame for us to part ways as strangers. Therefore, I'd like it if we could meet up again sometime. Perhaps in this exact spot? If-if you'd like, I could give you small singing lessons. I mean, you really don't have to if you don't want to..." Kazumi swallowed. She was babling again, wasn't she. "That is, i'd really like to see you again Cody. If it's not too much trouble, that is." Kauzmi's lovely hazel eyes had grown into large doe-eyes.
Back to top Go down
Kritten
Admin
Admin
Kritten

PostSubject: Re: The brunette with hazel eyes [Blk Heart- Cody and Kazumi]   The brunette with hazel eyes [Blk Heart- Cody and Kazumi] EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 2:26 am

Kazumi seemed so humble regarding her talent. Immediately, she dismissed Cody's comment and stated that the last person she played with was better than her. For Cody that guy must have been amazing, a musical genius--he could imagine a guy that played music constantly that loved it with all his heart. If only he hadn't been so busy training for the army, then he might be better at playing his guitar. "Thanks," he said while scratching the back of his head. "It was fun today."

"Yeah! That'd be great!" Cody blurted out without a thought. Once he realized what he did he settled himself down with a cough. His eyes were focused on the ground. "I'd really like to see you too," he said embarrassed. Gazing his eyes back towards the girl he could see that her eyes seemed large and pretty, which in turn made him embarrassed again causing his vision to revert back to the ground. "Are you free tomorrow around this time?" sheepishly the soldier asked. "I'm pretty much free all day."
Back to top Go down
afsangel
Special Member
Special Member
afsangel

PostSubject: Re: The brunette with hazel eyes [Blk Heart- Cody and Kazumi]   The brunette with hazel eyes [Blk Heart- Cody and Kazumi] EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 2:43 am

Kazu was so happy she could have cried. "I'm so happy! Thank you thank you thank you!" Kazumi quickly put her guitar away and slung it over her shoulder. "Same time tomorrow." she said. "Until then, Ok?" Kazumi began to walk off when suddenly she stopped. "Oh! I almost forgot! I own a ranch here in Fore-get-me-not Valley. Come visit me whenever you want! I'll see you then!" Kazumi was so excited that she bent down and gave Cody a quick kiss on the cheek, something she sometimes did for hello/goodbyes. Without a second though about it, Kazu scampered off twards the location of her farm. Tis but 20 years till tomorrow!
Back to top Go down
Kritten
Admin
Admin
Kritten

PostSubject: Re: The brunette with hazel eyes [Blk Heart- Cody and Kazumi]   The brunette with hazel eyes [Blk Heart- Cody and Kazumi] EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 3:05 am

"No problem," chuckled Cody as Kazumi repeatedly thanked him. In his mind it should have been the other way around, but before he could say anything she announced that meeting at the same time tomorrow would be great. "I'll be there," he agreed as she started to walk off into the distance, but there was a change of plan. She stopped and came back to tell him that she owned her own farm and that he could visit her there. Perhaps he should go there--.

A sudden kiss to his cheek sent his mind reeling though. Kazumi kissed him. He was kissed by Kazumi. People kissed people they liked. Did that mean Kazumi liked him? He felt bewildered by the simple action and how she just left him there. She seemed so forward with that action. First thing first: Cody had to get a hold of himself.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The brunette with hazel eyes [Blk Heart- Cody and Kazumi]   The brunette with hazel eyes [Blk Heart- Cody and Kazumi] Empty

Back to top Go down

The brunette with hazel eyes [Blk Heart- Cody and Kazumi]
Page 1 of 1