Harvest Dreams
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeForum and Role Play RulesPortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Red's Guide to Landscape Capture in Writing

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Red Riding Hood
Sprite
Sprite
Red Riding Hood

Female Number of posts : 2119
Roleplay Name : Blue

Red's Guide to Landscape Capture in Writing Empty
PostSubject: Red's Guide to Landscape Capture in Writing   Red's Guide to Landscape Capture in Writing EmptyTue Feb 24, 2009 7:37 am

Hello there~! Red Riding Hood, at your service~!
How many times have you had it where you can see a picture of a particular place in your head, and you want to place a character in it, but can’t because you don’t know how to describe it without sounding like an illiterate three year old?
I used to do it heaps.

Well, I was bored, so I decided to do a guide on it.

Ready? ‘Kay, lets get started.

First things first, get a good reference for the scenery. Is there a bushfire? Are the trees coated in snow? Or are the leaves vivid with the Springtime activity?
Make sure you have a good picture, or even video of what your trying to capture.

Secondly, you’ll want to get a good feel for what the atmosphere is like.
Is the air musty? Lined with thick black smoke? Or is it clean and refreshing?
Also, depending on what’s happening, a place will give you a certain feeling.
If it’s a bushfire, I don’t even need to bother telling you what you should be feeling. If your in a dusty old attic, would you feel curiosity or intimidation? Maybe a nice idyllic cookie smell for a house.

Third and final step!
The tricky one. Actually writing the surroundings.
Now, in order for it to sound literate and readable, and with a nice touch of intelligence, you’ll want a nice vocabulary on you. If you don’t, I’ll act as a dictionary for you.

If your going to be stranded on the edge of Antarctica, you will probably see a clear horizon, and depending on where you are, you’ll either see an ice-littered sea, or pure snow… dunes? Snow dunes? I dunno. Whatever.
If your inside Granny’s house, you’ll probably find something reminiscent. Maybe a photo or drawing of her school days? Incinerated ash of Fluffy the Cocker Spaniel? Diploma? Wedding photos? The house itself would probably be rather old, with not so many flash gadgets. Try adding in an old fashioned record player, or maybe a dusty old carpet or old fashioned chairs that you’ll always sink into.

In a normal house, you’ll either find mess splayed out on the floor, or things neatly packed away in their proper places.
These objects usually include things like CDs, Books, Games, TV remote, Clothes, Hobbies (Porcelain collector? Stamp collector?), stuff like that.

Well, I actually have no more to say, believe it or not.
So, I’m gonna leave it at that. Tell me if you want any more guides, for art, literature, or whatever. Or, if you really hated it, tell me I’m crazy and never to curse you with one of my works again. (;-; Don’t do that.)
If you need further help, or would like to show me an example of what you’ve done, just PM me! I’d love hearing from you~!
Back to top Go down
gothica800
Banned
Banned
gothica800

Female Number of posts : 4632

PostSubject: Re: Red's Guide to Landscape Capture in Writing   Red's Guide to Landscape Capture in Writing EmptyWed Feb 25, 2009 10:46 pm

"why don't you do a guide on art, i'd read that alot, i stink at it!"
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/shadowheaven
Red Riding Hood
Sprite
Sprite
Red Riding Hood

PostSubject: Re: Red's Guide to Landscape Capture in Writing   Red's Guide to Landscape Capture in Writing EmptyWed Feb 25, 2009 10:48 pm

[Holy--... I thought I'd deleted this guide! |D ]

Hmmm... It'd depend on what you'd want. Would it be the lineart part? Colouring?
But thaankyouuuu~ ! Someone finally comments on it! 8D
Back to top Go down
gothica800
Banned
Banned
gothica800

Female Number of posts : 4632

PostSubject: Re: Red's Guide to Landscape Capture in Writing   Red's Guide to Landscape Capture in Writing EmptyWed Feb 25, 2009 10:53 pm

"A guide on coloring your art defanitly!"
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/shadowheaven
Red Riding Hood
Sprite
Sprite
Red Riding Hood

PostSubject: Re: Red's Guide to Landscape Capture in Writing   Red's Guide to Landscape Capture in Writing EmptyThu Feb 26, 2009 3:56 am

Okay~! I'm glad you said that, I can't be bothered to do a lineart one~
I'll see if I can get that done soon~
Back to top Go down
Kritten
Admin
Admin
Kritten

Female Number of posts : 8780
Roleplay Name : Kitty Kitz
Awards : Red's Guide to Landscape Capture in Writing Badge

PostSubject: Re: Red's Guide to Landscape Capture in Writing   Red's Guide to Landscape Capture in Writing EmptyThu Feb 26, 2009 3:58 am

Very proffesional. A couple little tweeks and you got gold.
Back to top Go down
Red Riding Hood
Sprite
Sprite
Red Riding Hood

PostSubject: Re: Red's Guide to Landscape Capture in Writing   Red's Guide to Landscape Capture in Writing EmptyThu Feb 26, 2009 3:59 am

Kwaaa~! Thankyou, Kitty~! 8D
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Red's Guide to Landscape Capture in Writing   Red's Guide to Landscape Capture in Writing Empty

Back to top Go down

Red's Guide to Landscape Capture in Writing
Page 1 of 1