Harvest Dreams
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeForum and Role Play RulesPortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Twilight or Harry?

Go down 
+9
gothica800
Sanaka*~
Red Riding Hood
clairexcliff
35bell
Susu-Chan
MoNkEy!!
Eternal Silence
artygamer
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Which is the best?
Twilight
Twilight or Harry? Vote_lcap38%Twilight or Harry? Vote_rcap
 38% [ 5 ]
Harry Potter
Twilight or Harry? Vote_lcap38%Twilight or Harry? Vote_rcap
 38% [ 5 ]
I don't mind!
Twilight or Harry? Vote_lcap23%Twilight or Harry? Vote_rcap
 23% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 13

AuthorMessage
artygamer
Farmer
Farmer
artygamer

Female Number of posts : 585
Roleplay Name : Soph
2nd rp name:Leon

Twilight or Harry? Empty
PostSubject: Twilight or Harry?   Twilight or Harry? EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 6:07 pm

Hey guys! I'm kinda interested in debates and stuff like that,so I thought I'd try to start this. The basic question is: what is better-the Twilight saga or Harry Potter? Magic or um, blood sucking? Wizards or Vampires? Who's side are you on? Over to you.
(Ps: This is my first proper post, so I'm sorry if it's not very good Embarassed )
Artygamer.

Last edited by artygamer on Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Eternal Silence
Admin
Admin
Eternal Silence

Female Number of posts : 6205
Roleplay Name : Arden Auiban
Awards : Twilight or Harry? Esaward

Twilight or Harry? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twilight or Harry?   Twilight or Harry? EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 6:08 pm

Well, I haven't read the Harry Potter series (never really got around to it), and I absolutely ABHOR the Twilight series. So neither, I guess. XD
Back to top Go down
http://undertheorangetree.deviantart.com/
MoNkEy!!
Farmer
Farmer
MoNkEy!!

Female Number of posts : 930
Roleplay Name : Kathia or Kat

Twilight or Harry? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twilight or Harry?   Twilight or Harry? EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 6:11 pm

Twilight for me!
Harry potter, the books and the most of the movies i got to say r boring.
but i can read twilight whenever and i won't stop cuz its soo good,for me, i dont know about other people
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/monkey970005
Susu-Chan
Fledging Farmer
Fledging Farmer
Susu-Chan

Female Number of posts : 152

Twilight or Harry? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twilight or Harry?   Twilight or Harry? EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 11:40 pm

I would have to say Harry Potter..
The Harry Potter books are very interesting. Twilight is okay, but I'm not a big fan of the series. I liked the first book, but the rest of the books were horrible.
Back to top Go down
35bell
35bell

Female Number of posts : 5158
Roleplay Name : Genna Song

Awards : Twilight or Harry? Bellnov

Twilight or Harry? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twilight or Harry?   Twilight or Harry? EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 11:42 pm

I honestly don't like both of them ._.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/35bell
Eternal Silence
Admin
Admin
Eternal Silence

Twilight or Harry? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twilight or Harry?   Twilight or Harry? EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 11:46 pm

35bell wrote:
I honestly don't like both of them ._.

*highfive*

I'm not aloonnnneeee. 8D
Back to top Go down
35bell
35bell

Twilight or Harry? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twilight or Harry?   Twilight or Harry? EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 11:49 pm

Yay I'm not alone too! 8D
*high fives back*
I usally keep saying to my friends about twilight like "it's about a vampire and a girl and they fall in love. blah." I don't mind about harry potter is just that i don't get it XD
Back to top Go down
Susu-Chan
Fledging Farmer
Fledging Farmer
Susu-Chan

Female Number of posts : 152

Twilight or Harry? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twilight or Harry?   Twilight or Harry? EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 11:51 pm

35bell wrote:
Yay I'm not alone too! 8D
*high fives back*
I usally keep saying to my friends about twilight like "it's about a vampire and a girl and they fall in love. blah." I don't mind about harry potter is just that i don't get it XD

Harry finds out he's a wizard and goes to witch school for seven years, I think.
That's pretty much it. Each book tells about his adventures and stuff.
Back to top Go down
Eternal Silence
Admin
Admin
Eternal Silence

Twilight or Harry? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twilight or Harry?   Twilight or Harry? EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 11:54 pm

I probably wouldn't mind HP that much if I actually sat down and read it. But I'm not into the whole witchcraft/magic/spells kinda thing. I'm more of a Sarah Dessen girl, myself...XD

Oh, God....don't even get me STARTED on my dislike for Twilight. I could seriously rant for hours. XD I was a member of the Twilightsucks forum for quite a while, actually. I have LOTS of ammunition. XD
Back to top Go down
clairexcliff
Hero
Hero
clairexcliff

Male Number of posts : 4687
Roleplay Name : Amando
2nd char:Roan

Awards : Twilight or Harry? Cliffnov

Twilight or Harry? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twilight or Harry?   Twilight or Harry? EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 8:49 am

i like twilight..it's my fave movie..i get bored with the harry pother stuff..
Back to top Go down
Red Riding Hood
Sprite
Sprite
Red Riding Hood

Female Number of posts : 2119
Roleplay Name : Blue

Twilight or Harry? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twilight or Harry?   Twilight or Harry? EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 11:00 am

I hate both.

Twilight is awful. I could rant. Bella is a total Mary-Sue, and the whole book is poorly written.
Firstly, I really don't need to hear about Edward time and time again. He's hot, I get it. |D
Also...
Sparkly Vampires... Just... No.
You know a generation has seriously failed when they're vampires sparkle.

Harry Potter just annoys me. :\

Sorry, I had to rant. XD
Back to top Go down
Eternal Silence
Admin
Admin
Eternal Silence

Twilight or Harry? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twilight or Harry?   Twilight or Harry? EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 12:57 pm

I love you, Red. XD

The Twilight books and me just...don't agree. Factor in a bunch of freaking OBSESSED fangirls, and a snobby author, and it makes for one big pile of epic fail. We're talking EPIC fail.

It's non-intelligent literature. The kind that people read when they don't want to THINK about anything, other than OMGHAWTGUYS and twu luv. It's extremely poorly written, at that. Using a thesauraus for every other word doesn't give you any brownie points as an author. In fact, it makes the whole book even more laughable. And there's no plot whatsoever. Some may argue that the whole Volturi thing was the plot. But honestly...that entire thing was just something that SM tagged on when she realized that her precious books didn't have a plot to it.

AGGGHHH. Sorry. I do that a lot. XD Ranting, I mean. I SERIOUSLY dislike the Twilight series.

That entire statement was wholly my opinion, by the way. I don't care if all of you guys like the Twilight books. I'm not going to argue with you about it. I just don't like it.

((However, if anyone wants to respectfully and courteously debate over PMs, I'm always up for a good discussion. XD))
Back to top Go down
Sanaka*~
Master Farmer
Master Farmer
Sanaka*~

Male Number of posts : 1301
Roleplay Name : Frederik
Awards : Twilight or Harry? Sanakanov

Twilight or Harry? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twilight or Harry?   Twilight or Harry? EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 1:12 pm

*throws Red and Eternal up and down* i love you two xDD. I haven't read twilight, but from what i heard all what I can say is "Oh not another soap opera" . Well isn't that true? My best friend talked to me about it and so far as eternal said i COULDN'T find a even a hint of plot. Boring romance fantasy... My opinion o_o . Harry Potter wasn't half bad, but the last book was a complete massacre x_x. Also the detective-like hints hooked me as usual xDD
Back to top Go down
35bell
35bell

Twilight or Harry? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twilight or Harry?   Twilight or Harry? EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 2:27 pm

so, sanaka does that mean you hate them both. (If you do, welcome to the club XD)
Back to top Go down
Sanaka*~
Master Farmer
Master Farmer
Sanaka*~

Male Number of posts : 1301
Roleplay Name : Frederik
Awards : Twilight or Harry? Sanakanov

Twilight or Harry? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twilight or Harry?   Twilight or Harry? EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 2:29 pm

It's not like I hate i really admire books and people who wrote them(after all they spent so much time on them XD)

But yeh i Dislike them :/
Back to top Go down
Eternal Silence
Admin
Admin
Eternal Silence

Twilight or Harry? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twilight or Harry?   Twilight or Harry? EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 2:37 pm

That's the thing with Stephanie Meyer. She wrote Twilight (the entire process...coming up with an idea, writing the story, etc) in SIX MONTHS. That's NOTHING in literary terms. Most authors spend YEARS on their books, just to make sure that their masterpieces are stellar. I've personally met authors who literally write their ENTIRE book out by HAND, on legal notepads.

That just irritates me, I guess. If she had put a little more time into the books, maybe it wouldn't be so horrible. Or I could respect it a little bit more. I don't have a lot of respect for Stephanie Meyer, either, because I've heard that she treats her fans badly, and she's very immature.
Back to top Go down
gothica800
Banned
Banned
gothica800

Female Number of posts : 4632

Twilight or Harry? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twilight or Harry?   Twilight or Harry? EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 2:39 pm

"how does she keep her husband then?"
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/shadowheaven
Eternal Silence
Admin
Admin
Eternal Silence

Twilight or Harry? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twilight or Harry?   Twilight or Harry? EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 2:41 pm

*shrugs* I dunno. I've heard stories about SM getting mad at her husband, though, because he wasn't Edward. (Read: GAG.)

She gets mad at any author who DARES write a book about vampires. She doesn't own the vampire genre. Real vampires do. Not. SPARKLE. I found that so funny. XD Nosforatu could teach Edward a thing or two. XD
Back to top Go down
SabertoothOcelot
Farmer
Farmer
SabertoothOcelot

Female Number of posts : 304

Twilight or Harry? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twilight or Harry?   Twilight or Harry? EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 2:57 pm

in a time like this i have to pick harry potter.
firstly i love twilight its awsome ..but someone needs to slap stephinie meyer over the face with buffy dvd so she knows what a vampire is .though if spike from buffy sparkled i wouldnt be entirley aganst it (i think ama like new moon better than twilight vamps vs werewolfs awsome sace)

secondly harry potter is frigging amazing
but.... loopins werewolf transformation is nothing to jacobs in new moon (from what ive seen )

but personally when it comes too these films and books id rather sit and watch van helsing .
Back to top Go down
artygamer
Farmer
Farmer
artygamer

Twilight or Harry? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twilight or Harry?   Twilight or Harry? EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 4:16 pm

I really should be unswayed as I started this out of curiousity, but I guess I should put my opinion in here too. I like Harry Potter, purely for the facts that:it's awsome ( Very Happy ) and that I grew up reading and watching the films.
I like Twilight the movie-I've never read the book. Although to be fair to the 'Twilight Haters' (sorry if that's too harsh XD) my friend is reading Eclipse. Some of that book is boring (*cough, Jacob, cough*). So I understand where you're coming from...sort of.
(PS: Sabertooth-Buffy seriously does RULE the vampire world!!!!) Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Eternal Silence
Admin
Admin
Eternal Silence

Twilight or Harry? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twilight or Harry?   Twilight or Harry? EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 4:36 pm

I don't think I'm a Twilight "hater"... takes too much energy to avidly hate something. I just don't think it deserves all the hype.
Back to top Go down
artygamer
Farmer
Farmer
artygamer

Twilight or Harry? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twilight or Harry?   Twilight or Harry? EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 5:01 pm

Hate is also a strong word. I shouldn't really have used it. I cannot provide an explaination for the reason why I used it. However, I am slightly beating myself up here-and that is wrong too.
Anyways, on a lighter note:Yay! My poll made it to two pages! Ahh, simple pleasures. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Kritten
Admin
Admin
Kritten

Female Number of posts : 8780
Roleplay Name : Kitty Kitz
Awards : Twilight or Harry? Badge

Twilight or Harry? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twilight or Harry?   Twilight or Harry? EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 8:38 pm

I despise how they use the fantasy element. I hate both really. I like sci-fi/ fantasy books like the Artemis Fowl Series and The Wind in the Door. Not to be bashful of any books, but they both lack explanation to the magic, when in Artemis Fowl there is this all of this knowlege on how faires are magical and it goes through scientific explanation. The Wind in the Door also uses science as if main point and hardly ever uses magic. At first it seems like magic, but it really is a cause of a scientific experement.
Back to top Go down
Red Riding Hood
Sprite
Sprite
Red Riding Hood

Female Number of posts : 2119
Roleplay Name : Blue

Twilight or Harry? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twilight or Harry?   Twilight or Harry? EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 8:45 pm

I laugh at the fact that I freely use the word 'hate' while expressing my hatred towards Twilight, while you guys just don't want to be mean. You guys are lovely. XD

But in kinder words, I highly dislike it. Seriously, I just don't like what it does with itself. It eats up it's own rules. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Eternal Silence
Admin
Admin
Eternal Silence

Twilight or Harry? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twilight or Harry?   Twilight or Harry? EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 10:42 pm

My friends would get so annoyed with me cuz that was the only thing I would talk about in school...how much Twilight sucks. XDDD Once the hype started to die down a little bit, I stopped looking for new ammo to use in my Antirades (Anti Tirades XD), because I already had enough. XDD

I used to LOVE the Eragon series back when I was in elementary school. And then the movie KILLED it. D8< I was SO ANGRY... *deep, cleansing breath*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Twilight or Harry? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twilight or Harry?   Twilight or Harry? Empty

Back to top Go down

Twilight or Harry?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next